=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Posted (edited)

I would like to say:

What a gentleman =2ndSS=KRIS_

You are really a gentleman, really brave man. Yesterday, i shot him down because of miss ID when we head on. http://taw-server.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=56998&name=CSW_Hot_Dog I appologise imediately. Than, he votes for BAN for me as his whole squad. I appologise again two times. He did not answear me, not a single letter in chat. Today i find out that he cried to devs. Result - Im banned for 24 missions. I take that, ok, my mistake, despite i have 48 enemy air kills, 56 assists and a single friendly air kill...

Funny thing: =2ndSS=KRIS_ has 26 AK, 9 assists and what a surprise, friendly kill!!!

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=43545&name==2ndSS=KRIS_

So, quite a hypocrite, dont you think =2ndSS=KRIS_ ? Hope you are happy with yourself😁

Edited by CSW_Hot_Dog

Posted (edited)
4 минуты назад, CSW_Hot_Dog сказал:

I would like to say:

You are really a gentleman, really brave man. Yesterday, i shot him down because of miss ID when we head on. http://taw-server.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=56998&name=CSW_Hot_Dog I appologise imediately. Than, he vote for BAN for me as his whole squad. I appologise again two times. He did not answear me, not a single letter in chat. Today i find out that he cried to devs. Result - Im banned for 24 missions. I take that, ok, my mistake, despite i have 48 enemy air kills, 56 assists and a single friendly air kill...

Funny thing: =2ndSS=KRIS_ has 26 AK, 9 assists and what a surprise, friendly kill!!!

So, quite a hypocrite, dont you think =2ndSS=KRIS_ ? Hope you are happy with yourself😁

I think the devs are always open and welcome to hear your version, after you explained what happened they might change the penalty time and even remove it if it was an honest mistake and apologies were spoken.

Edited by 72AGs_Obi
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, CSW_Hot_Dog said:

I said it many times many different ways, no one listen/implemented the thing. Plane set is not balanced, its OK, its historical... So lets not balance points also. Kill in blue plane - 50 points. Kill in red plane - 75 points. Why? Because it is harder... That will bring some players to red side. 

Original idea is not side relevant but even plane relevant...

F4 kills Lagg - 40 points.

Lagg kills F4 - 90 points. 

FN kills F4 - 30 points

I disagree - most of the kills in TAW are usually team work driven (be it planned or by chance). Rarely do planes meet and fight 1 vs 1 until there is a victor. What usually happens is someone spots tracers for 5km away and joins on the fight. 

Based on CSW_Hot_Dog's logic, If it were an F-4 vs LaGG-3/5 battle, the LaGG should already be in a defensive position by the time another LaGG pilot in the area spots the F-4's tracers.  So it's your notion that even though the fight is a now 2 vs 1 engagement, whichever LaGG pilot ends up bringing down the F-4 should get 90 points? However, if the F-4 were to pull off a miracle and shot down both LaGGs (...assuming no one else joins the battle), the pilot will only get 80 points? 

Posted (edited)
 fly to the team. At the same time you have 12 deaths. What are downed? What are you about. Учите силуэты

Edited by =2ndSS=KRIS_
  • Confused 3

19 minutes ago, =2ndSS=KRIS_ said:

fly to the team. At the same time you have 12 deaths. What are downed? What are you about. Учите силуэты

Nebuď píča.

29 минут назад, CSW_Cassius сказал:

Nebuď píča.

Nezačal jsem
3 часа назад, CSW_Hot_Dog сказал:

I would like to say:

You are really a gentleman, really brave man. Yesterday, i shot him down because of miss ID when we head on. http://taw-server.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=56998&name=CSW_Hot_Dog I appologise imediately. Than, he votes for BAN for me as his whole squad. I appologise again two times. He did not answear me, not a single letter in chat. Today i find out that he cried to devs. Result - Im banned for 24 missions. I take that, ok, my mistake, despite i have 48 enemy air kills, 56 assists and a single friendly air kill...

Do not Cry. I did not ban and I did not complain. Fly to health, but be careful)))

8 hours ago, =2ndSS=KRIS_ said:

Nezačal jsem

Do not Cry. I did not ban and I did not complain. Fly to health, but be careful)))

Bro, use a new translator. Wtf? LOL 

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Guys, could you please stop flooding this thread with all this nonsense and personal discussions!! Do you really want the TAW devs to go through all this bullshit? what is this, a f***in' kindergarten?!?

Edited by I./JG62_Knipser
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I think overall, the "value" of "virtual lives" has somehow fallen dramatically. Combine that with the fact, that as the campaign goes on, the list of available planes gets larger and larger, there comes a moment where the sudden loss of three or even four of them becomes a non-issue. All of this naturally leads to people finding a way to "game the system".

I hate myself for proposing it and I know it may sound harsh, but maybe the option of only one death per mission rotation, should be considered.

Edited by Furt
  • Upvote 5

55 minutes ago, Furt said:

I hate myself for proposing it and I know it may sound harsh, but maybe the option of only one death per mission rotation, should be considered.

Gets my vote but I quite understand the server owners not wanting to chase away pilots 😞     

Of course on a server that is constantly full up and people are waiting to get into I think it is a great idea to kick people out of the server as soon as they die or get captured.   Perhaps just apply a time penalty for bails and off-field landings in friendly territory and no penalty if you get a damaged aircraft home even if the landing was less than optimal 🙂

Posted (edited)
1 час назад, Furt сказал:

... I hate myself for proposing it and I know it may sound harsh, but maybe the option of only one death per mission rotation, should be considered....

The server immediately will lose a lot of pilots (especially not "enough experienced" pilots).

If smb thinks that the server is always overloaded it is not true, it could be full for example of your time of flying ONLY - evenings in Europe for example...

Moreover, the server is becoming less and less popular for REDs. I don't know why... Now reds are often in minority, for this reason, this "new law" will additionally punish reds and it is possible that the server will lose MORE REDS.

Edited by =VP=Alex-ru_en

1 hour ago, =VP=Alex-ru_en said:

If smb thinks that the server is always overloaded it is not true, it could be full for example of your time of flying ONLY - evenings in Europe for example...

I can't argue with that. I do fly mostly European evenings which is why I always see TAW full up. OTOH,  it could still be applied just for those situations ie if the server is full up or one side has more than half the total maximum allowed then anyone (from that side) who dies gets kicked out so another person can have a chance.   It won't cost the server players as there are people waiting to take that spare slot.  Perhaps put the rule in place when the server is reasonably full but the sides are badly unbalanced as well.  If people don't like going to 'all the trouble' of logging back into the server 🙄 they can switch sides and not have that penalty.

So far I see that pilots fly on this server much more careful and accurate and value their lives much more than let's say in WoL.

The only exploit I see is flying low above AFs in small aircrafts like 109s and making massive damage to AAAs and buildings with small guns which will be fixed according to the devs in next campaign. Btw second half of map #6 xJammer stopped flying for whatever the reason he is and as no one else exploits this tactic (saw only once by another guy but don't want to say names again as he didn't continue probably he values his life more than xJammer), the war becomes much more balanced and interesting immediately despite some issues with objects location on the map. 

• Upvote 1

I still recommend removing the field lock. And giving reds more planes. Having to fly resupply missions to earn planes back is a waste of time for those of us that have a little time to fly. Just my 2 cents. I know our crew would enjoy reds more. Next round, blue for us though. 

Posted (edited)
В 10.03.2019 в 10:02, =KK=Des_ сказал:

When I was playing the red side last TAW I thought jammer Smith like a cheater. Because of 110 flying circus. But now we usually fly in TS and I see, that he is a good guy who just want to win and use every possibility to do this. Also he wanted us to switch the side during compaign to show reds how they should win but we rejected this offer.

He is a good organizator who don’t see language barriers and also try to coordinate with non English speaking players. That was usual trouble while we were playing red side last TAW. No one wants to sit at the TAW ts((( but now we can simply organize more then 10 pilots flight to any target and it’s really simple to do everything without losses.

You are a good organizer as well Des. And showed it very well in your stream @52.15.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25IHgp4lRdQ "He jumped, kill the chute ASAP" (Translated from Russian language). xJammer tried to shoot me as well when I jumped. Keep sticking together, you guys worse each other.

Edited by 72AGs_Obi

12 часов назад, 56RAF_Roblex сказал:

It won't cost the server players as there are people waiting to take that spare slot. 

Yes, I really understand you. But in general, this could lead to making the server even less popular for REDs. In most cases, our group and I see the unbalanced forces (towards blues). As you understand, we think "how just to survive" very often... If the new rule will appear, it would be more easy to switch to another server for us.

Numerical superiority of blues + technical superiority blues + additional punish VS love of history and RKKA aviation and grandparents stories (for me)...

4 часа назад, 72AGs_Obi сказал:

"He jumped, kill the chute ASAP" (Translated from Russian language).

LOL.. I watched that episode (seconds) it seems they together decided to kill the parachute. A friend of the man who streamed that video suggested him to kill the parachute, but the man (sorry don't know his name) complained that he is stalled and cannot do it... Interesting, why the killing parachute makes them happy in the game? Probably they have low self-esteem... 😭

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Allied events
Defense in Maikop was damaged
Depot in Maikop was damaged to 80%
Tank convoy advancing to Ust-Labinskaya was damaged
Airfield in Viselky was repaired to 90% 
Airfield Viselky was captured by paratroopers
Captured airfield Viselky was repaired to 72%

Still one of the most frustrating things about TAW.  The red side had to fight over countless missions waiting for tanks to spawn and then advance from Mirskaya to Viselky and then try to protect them while also trying to destroy attacking tanks in other locations.  Then, red finally captures Viselky, and two or three missions later, when there are around 14 to ~4 pilots, they (blue) can fly their Ju-52's in, drop paratroopers, and take it right back without having to wait for their tanks to advance to that field (generally over 3 missions).  That is one of the things that is discouraging to red pilots... it's almost like, what's the point of trying to capture a base, when it can be taken back so easily by blue.  All red can do is just fight on :).

Edited by AKA_Relent
  • Upvote 6

Posted (edited)
1 час назад, AKA_Relent сказал:

Allied events

Still one of the most frustrating things about TAW.  The red side had to fight over countless missions waiting for tanks to spawn and then advance from Mirskaya to Viselky and then try to protect them while also trying to destroy attacking tanks in other locations.  Then, red finally captures Viselky, and two or three missions later, when there are around 14 to ~4 pilots, they (blue) can fly their Ju-52's in, drop paratroopers, and take it right back without having to wait for their tanks to advance to that field (generally over 3 missions).  That is one of the things that is discouraging to red pilots... it's almost like, what's the point of trying to capture a base, when it can be taken back so easily by blue.  All red can do is just fight on :).

Plus, Viselky was damaged by 100%, no defences around it, we destroyed the supply convoys during each map, protected our advancing tanks, and our tanks couldn't take it for 3 maps. Instead our tanks just moved a bit towards it (like 2kms) at the beginning of next map. I just believe if we note it here, the devs will adjust the logic in the script to make it more balanced.

Edited by 72AGs_Obi

Posted (edited)

I don't understand why killing a parachute here is causing such a wild ass pain. pilot - is the same resource as the plane, like a truck, like a tank (and in the truck sits the driver, and in the tank and anti-aircraft gun sits the crew, and on the anti-aircraft gun and it can be seen), like all the others. minus the pilot of the enemy - plus pitch to win the team, simple as that.

1 hour ago, 72AGs_Obi said:

Plus, Viselky was damaged by 100%, no defences around it, we destroyed the supply convoys during each map, protected our advancing tanks, and our tanks couldn't take it for 3 maps. Instead our tanks just moved a bit towards it (like 2kms) at the beginning of next map. I just believe if we note it here, the devs will adjust the logic in the script to make it more balanced.

"this story is as old as the world"... after the introduction of landing troops logic capture blue airfield for the red team, or the protection of the red field from attacks, lost all meaning for me, I do not understand how you can capture the blue field for the red team. on the example of Viselki-when it was a red closed field, many missions in a row it flew (and I including) transport planes of many players, I watched the columns of aircraft for two or three missions until the airfield was closed. but it never became functional. then the front moved forward and unobtrusive so the field became blue.  in such cases, the red team always has two times less chances.

this situation should change, otherwise in the following companies red pilots will not remain. no one wants to be on the losing team all the time (sry for google trans)

Edited by 174driver

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, 174driver said:

I watched the columns of aircraft for two or three missions until the airfield was closed. but it never became functional. then the front moved forward and unobtrusive so the field became blue.  in such cases, the red team always has two times less chances.

this situation should change, otherwise in the following companies red pilots will not remain. no one wants to be on the losing team all the time (sry for google trans)

The supply is only about 10% possible (it does not work in this mission, only one mission after that).

For exampe:

http://taw.stg2.de/pilots_mission.php?mission_id=286

• Airfield in Krasnodar was repaired to 48%
  • Airfield supply in Viselky was damaged. Supply level 31%
  • Airfield in Viselky was destroyed
  • Airfield in Krasnodar was supplied by air transport to 76%

1. AF was repaired. to 48%

2. Air transports were landed. Max is 100% and it will generate +10%. 76% will generate +7% of the repair. 

Or something like that. Its seems that the action log is not absolutly clear to explain how it works.

Edited by Norz

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Norz said:

The supply is only about 10% possible (it does not work in this mission, only one mission after that).

wow, fucking explain how this is possible.: the parachutists were carrying backpacks with supplies on 85% for field? mis 261

• Airfield supply in Viselky was damaged. Supply level 76%
  • Airfield Viselky was captured by paratroopers
  • Captured airfield Viselky was repaired to 85%
Edited by 174driver

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, 174driver said:

wow, fucking explain how this is possible.: the parachutists were carrying backpacks with supplies on 85% for field? mis 261

• Airfield supply in Viselky was damaged. Supply level 76%
  • Airfield Viselky was captured by paratroopers
  • Captured airfield Viselky was repaired to 85%

I am not sure but it is possible.

I did some cargo missions long time ago and the mission log showed "Airfield in ******was supplied by air transport to 100%". No records was there with ""Airport was repaired". That means that it works in 2 steps.

1. The transports arrived. (Not more than 100%, usually it is 5..6 planes)

2. One mission later the cargo will be used for a repair.

Edited by Norz

5 hours ago, AKA_Relent said:

Allied events

Finnish Virtual Pilots server have it kinda sorted out - they use a variant of Peshka, like the transport variants here, which you have to land on enemy airfield, instead of dropping paratroopers. I don't know if it will work on TAW tho

50 minutes ago, EWilhelmPaulus said:

Why no response from admins?

Are you sure that's the right sortie log? Looks like two guys with different names landed the hits.

Also the server stats are still a little borked after a few updates, so sometimes the kills is attributed to the wrong player in the stat. So maybe your hits weren't counted and the kill went to previous guys. Without a  track or video or something its hard to prove.

Posted (edited)

As alyaws, problems with teams getting outnumbered.

Balance teams its difficult from my point of view, and even, after hours thinking how admins can solve, the only solution i've reached this: Force the players to randomly select the side where inscriptions are open, avoiding any bias selection for germans and russians for equal.

But how we can solve this to squads? Simple, squad leader inscribes the squad, squad its sended without question to Russian side or German side by a random selection, and then, by invitation the squad members can enter on that squad on that nation, but only by invitation of squad leader on a squad on a side.

Its random, 50/50, its fair to me. But its a totalitarian solution on my opinion, i know they are players and full squads who doesn't fly X nations because reasons i personally don't know

Edited by El_Oso
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, EWilhelmPaulus said:

Looks like the player landed. Did he lose his whole wing?

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, RedKestrel said:

Are you sure that's the right sortie log?

Absolute certainty, no doubt!

37 minutes ago, SCG_Riksen said:

Did he lose his whole wing?

Yes, I cut off the left wing by the root!!

I should have recorded, but unfortunately I didn't do.

Edit:
I was in a 190, 8th Mar, I took off from Anastasievskaya and landed there.

I have just two sorties in 8th Mar (one without any shot fired and that one)

Here is my TAW status  http://taw.stg2.de/pilot.php?name=EWilhelmPaulus

Edited by EWilhelmPaulus

11 minutes ago, EWilhelmPaulus said:

Absolute certainty, no doubt!

Yes, I cut the left wing by the root!!

I should have recorded, but unfortunately I didn't do.

Yeah. I'm sorry Philipp but based on the logs alone it is kinda hard to tell what happened. I had a similar situation happen to me where the 109 crash landed about 5km from the AF and the logs considered him landed. No idea why.

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, SCG_Riksen said:

Yeah. I'm sorry Philipp but based on the logs alone it is kinda hard to tell what happened. I had a similar situation happen to me where the 109 crash landed about 5km from the AF and the logs considered him landed. No idea why.

Okay, there is nothing to do but to accept.

Edited by EWilhelmPaulus

Talking about that. Kathon, can you check on this sortie for me?

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=60346&name=SCG_Riksen (I put several hits in the 190 being piloted by 8./JG26_Whisky and he was badly damaged (leaking fuel and coolant). I left him alone as I did not want to waste more ammunition and was certain that he would not make it back. His logs show that he indeed did not make it back:

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=60335&name=8./JG26_Whisky

But no air victory was awarded to me. Is this because I landed and finished the sortie before he crash landed? I just want to understand how it works. Thank you!

8 minutes ago, SCG_Riksen said:

Talking about that. Kathon, can you check on this sortie for me?

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=60346&name=SCG_Riksen (I put several hits in the 190 being piloted by 8./JG26_Whisky and he was badly damaged (leaking fuel and coolant). I left him alone as I did not want to waste more ammunition and was certain that he would not make it back. His logs show that he indeed did not make it back:

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=60335&name=8./JG26_Whisky

But no air victory was awarded to me. Is this because I landed and finished the sortie before he crash landed? I just want to understand how it works. Thank you!

Katon some time ago replied to such query:

he wrote that if You start new flight, the previous one cant be anymore updated, so if You wouldnt take off but wait you would get that kill.

7 minutes ago, Carl_infar said:

Katon some time ago replied to such query:

he wrote that if You start new flight, the previous one cant be anymore updated, so if You wouldnt take off but wait you would get that kill.

I see. Thank you!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, El_Oso said:

As alyaws, problems with teams getting outnumbered.

Balance teams its difficult from my point of view, and even, after hours thinking how admins can solve, the only solution i've reached this: Force the players to randomly select the side where inscriptions are open, avoiding any bias selection for germans and russians for equal.

But how we can solve this to squads? Simple, squad leader inscribes the squad, squad its sended without question to Russian side or German side by a random selection, and then, by invitation the squad members can enter on that squad on that nation, but only by invitation of squad leader on a squad on a side.

Its random, 50/50, its fair to me. But its a totalitarian solution on my opinion, i know they are players and full squads who doesn't fly X nations because reasons i personally don't know

I like the idea and had the same one myself. The only concern and it is a big one... is that it could reduce participation significantly. Also, it could lead to strange anomalies where at certain times of day, the only players on are forced to fly on one side with no opponents. (This maybe could be mitigated by an algorithm that assigns sides in-part based on a player's declared typical play time)

Edited by SCG_Wulfe
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, EWilhelmPaulus said:

Deep analyze must have been carried out ;)

The Yak from your sortie was damaged 50km from Anastasievskaya and he landed so the only explanation is that you cut off the wing from the different Yak near Anastasievskaya. Why there is no info about it in the logs? Probably he had been shot down earlier by someone else. I check the all events from that mission and there was in deed a Yak that was shot down by E69_villawaffe after about 45min in the area you pointed on the map.  I assume that when an aircraft is shot down (100% damage) there are no further logs about addition damage.

Edited by =LG=Kathon

I have an idea for balancing,

the Russians had the one decisive advantage at that time, MANPOWER and RESOURCES.

I would suggest changing the max number of planes & pilots per map.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Is there a paradrop equivalent for Red with U2vs? There was mention of the U2's usage before this campaign started. 

Cant wait to fly red again next campaign though, this one has been pretty boring being on blue. 

Edited by [GCA]T1m270

5 hours ago, SCG_Riksen said:

Because in real life, your kill would not have been reported Herr Riksen. The XO would have asked you and your wingman "Did you see the plane crash?", and your response would have been, "No! I saw a wing fly off." :)

I have ejected my canopy before to throw someone off my tail.

27 minutes ago, [GCA]T1m270 said:

Is there a paradrop equivalent for Red with U2vs? There was mention of the U2's usage before this campaign started. 

Cant wait to fly red again next campaign though, this one has been pretty boring being on blue. 

You can fly RED any time you want.

On 3/11/2019 at 1:04 AM, redcloud111 said:

I am in the same situation as Antpai. VOIP is blocked in my country. I would hope the devs understand that, even for people who have access to VOIP,  sometimes they just can't use it. I can think of many scenarios. For example, you have a new born, it's late at night, and the last thing you want to do is wake it up with, "Six, six, six," only to have your wife come storming into the room like a Banshee from Hell and wielding a broom stick like a longsword.

On a side note, thanks to everyone who uses VOIP but takes time to send updates via text chat. It really helps us who have to fly alone.

Which country has this law?