=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

On 10/7/2018 at 9:19 PM, =LG=Kathon said:

IL2missionplanner is supported by 19//curiousGamblerr . I have written to him about this issue. 

Here is how it was:

At the beginning of the mission #231 Abganerovo was damaged in 21% and supply level was 12%.

After that mission airfield was repaired by 6% to 15% (21-6=15) and supply level was 6% (12-6 = 6), it was also supplied by transport planes by 30% so supply level was 36% (6+30=36)

At the beginning of the mission #232 Abganerovo was damaged in 15% and supply level was 36%.

Airfields are repaired slowly by about 5%-15% (depend on the total damage and some random factor) after every mission (if it wasn't attacked) 

Permanently banned.

Thank you. S!

I think that the balance is better than ever on the server. Its obiously not perfect, but imho that is as close as you can get on a 24/7 server.

• Upvote 1

On another note: If you have new guys joining the server send them this link if you like and they get the basics.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 8

My game crashed with a DirectX error shortly after takeoff. Was logged as pilot killed, plane lost. It looks like it ought to be counted as a disconnect, but wasn't. Any ideas?

Edit: Here's the sortie log: http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=66042&name=Alonzo_

Sorties

Date Map Result Flight time AK GK Plane Info
14.10.2018 00:27:55 Kuban #328 KILLED 0h 6m 1s 0 0 Fw 190 A-3  
13.10.2018 23:20:12 Kuban #328 LANDED 1h 6m 6s 0 0 Fw 190 A-3 +1CM
Edited by Alonzo_
  • Like 1

Hello.

The web site mission planner export tool doesn't seem to work... I'm on Windows 10...

On the other hand, on my Android tablet the export tool works, but the edit map tool is not available there...

Any ideas about this?

Thanks.

2 hours ago, Alonzo_ said:

My game crashed with a DirectX error shortly after takeoff. Was logged as pilot killed, plane lost. It looks like it ought to be counted as a disconnect, but wasn't. Any ideas?

Edit: Here's the sortie log: http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=66042&name=Alonzo_

Sorties

Date Map Result Flight time AK GK Plane Info
14.10.2018 00:27:55 Kuban #328 KILLED 0h 6m 1s 0 0 Fw 190 A-3  
13.10.2018 23:20:12 Kuban #328 LANDED 1h 6m 6s 0 0 Fw 190 A-3 +1CM

I noticed after crashing(your game or pc) your plane still flies for about 30 seconds before disconnecting, since it happend just after take off I assume your plane crashed before it was disconnected.

I don't think that is server specific. WOL stats are doing the same thing - I have seen team mates shooting down planes without any mention of the hits in the stats there too.

Edited by =EXPEND=Tripwire

6 hours ago, Muas said:

Hello.

The web site mission planner export tool doesn't seem to work... I'm on Windows 10...

On the other hand, on my Android tablet the export tool works, but the edit map tool is not available there...

Any ideas about this?

Thanks.

In the mean time does this help?

https://il2map.info/

• Thanks 2

On general i think something no have sense about stadistics...

for example 

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=65296&name=666GIAP_Tumu

note , i waist all my ammo over bomber..... game only count damage over crew... nothing hits plane... result, all crew practically death , plane crashed to ground in front of my.... but.... Nobody kills this ju88.  No have sense. 

:)

11 minutes ago, 666GIAP_Tumu said:

On general i think something no have sense about stadistics...

for example 

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=65296&name=666GIAP_Tumu

note , i waist all my ammo over bomber..... game only count damage over crew... nothing hits plane... result, all crew practically death , plane crashed to ground in front of my.... but.... Nobody kills this ju88.  No have sense. 

:)

He was destroyed by AA earlier - http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=65267&name=LLv24_Humu

• Upvote 1

interesting 

thx mikhael

he was shot down before by AAA (  continue flying  ) but on theory aircraft was down.... this is the reasson all damage done by me over plane dont count....and only counts damage over crew.  I understand . Dont seems best way to count but have some sense.

thx

There are problems with the stats system and who gets the kill. As you can see here, there are improvements on the way in the next update:

So it`s not a server issue.

Edited by LLv24_Zami

On 10/12/2018 at 11:56 PM, LLv24_Zami said:

Just a reminder, last 14 days:

blue_red.thumb.jpg.853ef27483b6db7daca496678a7f0bac.jpg.1683ddfebd4d19637e8f99e70c1157e4.jpg

At morning hours I`ve seen 15:1 balance in favor for reds but I haven`t immediately posted a picture about it.

There is a very big difference between 25:35 and 20:5. 

I'm just shocked that evening US time is essentially devoid of reliable Red presence. It has never been like this before. 

Just now, StG77_Kondor said:

I'm just shocked that evening US time is essentially devoid of reliable Red presence. It has never been like this before. 

Yes it has been.

It's been pretty rough for a while, not sure what's going on.  Balance recovered after the predictable dearth during the I16 vs. F-4 times and now it's gone again.

3 minutes ago, Operation_Ivy said:

To be fair, that red did not win map 5 was pure stupidity.

I would say bizarre, but sure.  The team just vanished.

Anyway, I do think that red having lend-lease aircraft to fly for more of the campaign would help.

Edited by 7.GShAP/Silas

1 hour ago, 7.GShAP/Silas said:

It's been pretty rough for a while, not sure what's going on.  Balance recovered after the predictable dearth during the I16 vs. F-4 times and now it's gone again.

For some reason red started to be for the last 3-4 campaigns more suicidal. Or the blues got better, I dont know. But yesterday was pure butchery.
we brought 3 Fws to the tima airfield to cover the defences and ur ground attackers.
Combined we shot down ~13-15 Aircraft and we had no loss. The reds brought only some fighters and they were covering the Pe-2s and IL2s very loosely. We had no issues to blast through the formations and bag one kill after another.
It has to be said that with all those attacks the airfield was not defended and we lost it, but the red side lost 50 Aircraft and around 30 20 pilots for it. That is a hefty price.

Usually that wasn't that way in the past. I have no idea what happened. I only experienced similar things flying the other faction. But red was usually not that suicidal.

Edited by DerSheriff
  • Upvote 1

2 часа назад, DerSheriff сказал:

Combined we shot down ~13-15 Aircraft and we had no loss. The reds brought only some fighters and they were covering the Pe-2s and IL2s very loosely. We had no issues to blast through the formations and bag one kill after another.

The problem is that 80% of the red players do not have La5 or Yak1b for these missions. They should fly Lagg3 or Yak1 and for sure it is not so hard to kill a lot of them.

usual fight: 109f4 g2 g4 or 190 vs Lag3 or Yak1.

The Red team has P39, Spit 5 planes but 90% do not use them. It will be bettter (for red team) to use Mig3 all maps instead of Spit 5.

P.S: Current damage model is very strange. I never saw before that it is possible to attack 109 6 times with Yak1b and he landed.

Edited by Krauz
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DerSheriff said:

For some reason red started to be for the last 3-4 campaigns more suicidal. Or the blues got better, I dont know. But yesterday was pure butchery.
we brought 3 Fws to the tima airfield to cover the defences and ur ground attackers.
It has to be said that with all those attacks the airfield was not defended and we lost it, but the red side lost 50 Aircraft and around 30 20 pilots for it. That is a hefty price.

Usually that wasn't that way in the past. I have no idea what happened. I only experienced similar things flying the other faction. But red was usually not that suicidal.

Mmmm, I can’t speak to the trends you’re mentioning over all, as I don’t fly TAW a huge amount, and when I do it’s usually US Pacific evening times.  But in regards to this suicidal behavior, I don’t think it’s by choice.  In my experience/observations the following are key components, and the side that has an advantage in more of these areas will likely win the battle:

- Relative balance of the opposing teams

- Relative teamwork of the opposing teams

- Relative performance of the opposing aircraft

- Relative lethality of the opposing aircraft

Balance is still an issue, if not overall, at certain chunks of time each day.  Sometimes I’ve seen even numbers where the server is full, sometimes I’ve seen 2-1 and 3-1 (or higher) odds - during those times of course, it may seem suicidal for the smaller team.

However,  if the smaller side has an advantage in some of the other areas mentioned above, it may not be so suicidal.  Fighters on the German side generally outperform those on the Russian side for most of this campaign.  The 109 especially the F4 (which is available for most of the maps) has superior climb (and in most cases, level and dive speed) to anything the Russians can field, until the later maps with the Spit V and La5.  Thus they can dictate the fight, and choose when to engage or disengage.  Those pilots flying Russian fighters don’t have that luxury, so they must fly defensively and try to disengage but are usually at the mercy of the attacking and better performing fighters - e.g. a suicidal situation.

Regarding teamwork, it’s a lot easier to have good teamwork when your wingmen are all flying better performing aircraft then the enemy and can dictate the fight.  Flying lesser performing aircraft (and often at a lower altitude then the enemy) forces each pilot to not only try to coordinate with their wingmen, but also be constantly defensive while looking up and behind them to be able to break quickly if they get bounced.  It’s easy to lose track of wingmen in this environment.  If the side with lesser performing aircraft have higher relative team numbers than the enemy, it can help with the teamwork just because there are more friendlies around than the enemy, and there’s a higher chance someone will spot an enemy plane and call it out.

With the introduction of the Fw-190A3 and later the A5, the lethality of the German fighters becomes a major factor.  Where it might take a 109 (without gunpods) a few passes to get a lethal hit on an opposing fighter or bomber, often times a 190 (esp with 4x20mm loaded) can get a critical hit with one pass.  The 190A3/5 has a lot of rounds for the inner 20mm so they can fire longer bursts at each pass.

I’m talking generalities, so I’m sure some may point out some specific instances where they’ll state I’m wrong with respect to relative performance of specific versions of opposing fighters, etc.  However,  I’m mainly looking at the individual maps as they are rolled out, and the changes in front line fighters that become available and oppose each other, and my experiences and observations with respect to their relative performance.

For what it’s worth...

• Upvote 1

The map of Kuban that we get in game when hitting "O" is different than the one we get with Mission Planner or the IL2 map tool. TAW uses the map in both these tools, however there are differences in roads, railroads, etc. Is this going to be updated for the next campaign Kathon?

Reds just don't have too many options if they don't own the premiums. Also not being able to disable premiums we don't own kind of stinks. 

i'd love to see the server reserve half the server slots for each team. Every Sunday it is impossible to get on in US Prime because the server has 15-20 pilot advantage on Blue

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AKA_Relent said:

Mmmm, I can’t speak to the trends you’re mentioning over all, as I don’t fly TAW a huge amount, and when I do it’s usually US Pacific evening times.  But in regards to this suicidal behavior, I don’t think it’s by choice.  In my experience/observations the following are key components, and the side that has an advantage in more of these areas will likely win the battle:

- Relative balance of the opposing teams

- Relative teamwork of the opposing teams

- Relative performance of the opposing aircraft

- Relative lethality of the opposing aircraft

This is all true, but 1-2 years a go 20 reds would hand the germans their asses on silver plating in the same aircraft.

It think that the average joe got better and that the performance advantages of the blues are finally more worth it.

1 minute ago, DerSheriff said:

This is all true, but 1-2 years a go 20 reds would hand the germans their asses on silver plating in the same aircraft.

It think that the average joe got better and that the performance advantages of the blues are finally more worth it.

On the latter point, I agree.  I’m not so sure on the former - if I recall the Red team won many of the maps due to attrition on the Blue side, even though Blue was in control of much of the territory.  Maybe it’s also due to more teamwork on the air-to-ground aspect with more covering, and more AAA decoying that is having a greater impact.  In any case, if that is true it just highlights even further your latter statement.

Please ban this guy. He immediately spawned in, took off, 15 seconds later friendly fire, immediate disconnect. Purposefully targeting friendlies.

image.thumb.png.c53cd11c246600afbd410b68bb785c64.png

image.thumb.png.a09c6e57503f36e3e640a1c776c2c62a.png

3 hours ago, II./JG77_Zombie- said:

Reds just don't have too many options if they don't own the premiums. Also not being able to disable premiums we don't own kind of stinks. 

i'd love to see the server reserve half the server slots for each team. Every Sunday it is impossible to get on in US Prime because the server has 15-20 pilot advantage on Blue

If you're not getting on because the opposing side has an advantage then your not doing anything to help the imbalance. If you sign up and don't play, which seems to be the Red MO, then I don't have much remorse.

Edited by Lobstrosity
Less Anger

again...earlier the server was full with 50 axis and 30 allies... all i was trying to say was having reserved slots would make it at least possible to have the possibility of balanced teams when there are 1200+ registered axis and 900 allies. 

• Upvote 4

I agree with Zombie. We need to limit the server to 40 Blue vs 44 Red. VVS should have a slight advantage with numbers as well as number of planes. It s fine to keep the models more historical but VVS pilots should have more numbers available to them. I believe this is the best way to keep things more balanced and to stimulate people to fly red ... just my 2 cents

• Upvote 7

3 hours ago, SCG_Schneemann said:

Please ban this guy. He immediately spawned in, took off, 15 seconds later friendly fire, immediate disconnect. Purposefully targeting friendlies.

image.thumb.png.c53cd11c246600afbd410b68bb785c64.png

image.thumb.png.a09c6e57503f36e3e640a1c776c2c62a.png

By 15 seconds,  you mean 12 minutes right? 

Well, whatever... not sure on the time stamp thing. Basically he waited for someone to teamkill (against the rules), immediately disconnected. Permanent ban in my opinion. Look at his flight log... amateur hour. Pissed off as in my squadron it was a dead is dead mission, just to have some numbnut pull crap like that...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SCG_Schneemann said:

Well, whatever... not sure on the time stamp thing. Basically he waited for someone to teamkill (against the rules), immediately disconnected. Permanent ban in my opinion. Look at his flight log... amateur hour. Pissed off as in my squadron it was a dead is dead mission, just to have some numbnut pull crap like that...

Are you sure he did this on purpose? I sometimes mess up because in VR, 109 and Spit can look identical in some LoD configurations. 

Ofc i don't log off, instead i promptly apologies, but still...

One more question about BLACKRAM...

How is it possible that he has 190A3?

No CM...nothing.... Any explanations?

17 minutes ago, Krauz said:

One more question about BLACKRAM...

How is it possible that he has 190A3?

No CM...nothing.... Any explanations?

Pretty sure it is an available aircraft right off the bat on this map just like the Yak1b is.

2 минуты назад, Garven_Dreis сказал:

Pretty sure it is an available aircraft right off the bat on this map just like the Yak1b is.

I thought before that ONLY 2 first lines in the list are available from the start of the map.

P.S: I checked the stat of the red pilots. Yak1b is not available from the start.

List.png

Edited by Krauz