=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

First change that we need in the balance is to separate Ju52 for the special operations and for the cargo missions.

If you lose your Ju52, you should get it in the usual way (+3CM or more if your hangar is not full). That will reduce the number of these missions drastically.

Second change: the repair option for the airfields should use the number of the players for the calculation of the repair...

For example, it was 40: 30... Then the repair should be calculated as 40/30*n for the team that had 30 players in the prev. mission.

Third change: the damage level for the AF should use the number of the damaged/destroyed planes that started there (for the fighters). 

20 planes lost :  AF damaged 10%..20%  (20% is too much...10% seems not so bad)

Edited by Krauz
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Garven_Dreis said:

How the hell did I start out with a yak1b then?:huh:  Does rank have anything to do with it?  See others that started out with it.

If you have that plane from previous map, and that same plane is in current map but is not available by default, it will be transferred from previous map. 

• Upvote 2

Krauz here is planeset from manual. Next time go look at it...

2 hours ago, Krauz said:

One more question about BLACKRAM...

How is it possible that he has 190A3?

No CM...nothing.... Any explanations?

TAW_planeset.jpg

Edited by =LG=Leutnant_Artur

4 минуты назад, =LG=Leutnant_Artur сказал:

Krauz here is planeset from manual. Next time go look at it...

I see. ty.

Hi!

I am new playing this server and still confused about some things:

Yesterday I lost all my fighters and today I woke up with 2 new F4 available. I have read the manual in the web page and it says that you get +1 basic plane after each map in case you do not have any available, but as far as I know the map has not changed, only the mission.

Is the description in the web page correct? Did I get those planes because of another reason?

Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, III/JG52_Al-Azraq said:

Hi!

I am new playing this server and still confused about some things:

Yesterday I lost all my fighters and today I woke up with 2 new F4 available. I have read the manual in the web page and it says that you get +1 basic plane after each map in case you do not have any available, but as far as I know the map has not changed, only the mission.

Is the description in the web page correct? Did I get those planes because of another reason?

Thanks in advance!

One of yours Bf-109 F4 was ditched. After few missions was return to service. You must to read manual.

Edited by RAFCIO

krauz

i think both sides start with 4 of 6 planes. ( fighters )  Another question can be what planes each team have... but this is another question.

:)

46 минут назад, 666GIAP_Tumu сказал:

krauz

i think both sides start with 4 of 6 planes. ( fighters )  Another question can be what planes each team have... but this is another question.

:)

Yes, they are...

I don't like to play by the next campaign only first 5..6 maps (after the score 5:x it is not interesting anymore).

That was the reason why I asked for some changes.

8 hours ago, SCG_Schneemann said:

Well, whatever... not sure on the time stamp thing. Basically he waited for someone to teamkill (against the rules), immediately disconnected. Permanent ban in my opinion. Look at his flight log... amateur hour. Pissed off as in my squadron it was a dead is dead mission, just to have some numbnut pull crap like that...

I get that your pissed, I would be too... But to make the claim that he purposely team killed (and should be banned), rather than fked up and then disconnected due to embarrassment of shooting down a friendly is a stretch given the logs you have provided and the now conflicting story of events. 

The guy posts on the forums,  maybe he will post his side of the story. @blackram

8 minutes ago, =EXPEND=Tripwire said:

I get that your pissed, I would be too... But to make the claim that he purposely team killed (and should be banned), rather than fked up and then disconnected due to embarrassment of shooting down a friendly is a stretch given the logs you have provided and the now conflicting story of events. 

The guy posts on the forums,  maybe he will post his side of the story. @blackram

If he did not do it intentionally he should have apologized in the game chat ... I dont see any remorse shown here (forum) or in game ... 

Looking at his stats he does not appear to be shooting down people on purpose, it was a mistake.His reaction however is terrible and he probably rage quit after realizing his mistake being frustrated. Or it could be internet issues, its not his first disco. 

Tripwire, I would be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt if it was in fact a mistake, but it wasn't. He watched us take off, he purposefully ran up behind us, and peppered me, in formation with three other 110's on climbout, passed me straight ahead after firing, then disconnected. Not an "accident".

Siddy, I fly in VR too, but a Bf110 formation that you just saw take off from your own airfield can't really be mistaken for PE2's.

Either way, I'm over it. I made it back to base, landed the plane, just didn't get to fly in that part of our squad night.

Edited by SCG_Schneemann

2 hours ago, SCG_Schneemann said:

Either way, I'm over it. I made it back to base, landed the plane, just didn't get to fly in that part of our squad night.

1415569025695.jpg.ac0a01b5dd6c4a35ca6c9160567104f4.jpg

Shit happens, mate.

My best was when some program decided that it wanted all attention, in the middle of my dive, so i lost control of the game while sitting in VR and diving to my death screaming FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

:biggrin:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

My best was when some program decided that it wanted all attention, in the middle of my dive, so i lost control of the game while sitting in VR and diving to my death screaming FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I am lol:biggrin:

Question: Not whining because kills don't put food on the table LOL

Just wondering - I took off, several minutes later I was jumped by a La-5 and took some hits, managed to turn things around by diving away (...love the G-4). A few high yo-yo's later, I took out his engine on single lucky shot.

I few back just to find out - I didn't get the kill.

I am a tad confused - His engine seized during the fight  (I saw the prop stop spinning after my deflection shot, he was in a dive and I was in a climb).

According to the log: 02:23:53 I delivered the kill shot to the aircraft,  then he ditched at 02:24:31 about 1 minute and 30 sec later. However no kill was give to me. Even though I landed.

Should I not have been awarded the kill?

My guess is the categorization of "DITCH" is a little too liberal.  Once the tag "Destroyed" has been assigned to an object, the term "Ditch" should no longer be applicable. So this is a programming issue (...if I had to guess). Again - no big deal as this is a labor of love.

Him.JPG

Me.JPG

Note from the crash site - he is indeed b/w friendly and enemy territory. However, if I had to guess, that isn't the issue.

Crash.JPG

Edited by SCG_X-Man
spelling

To the topic above, I am re-reading JG26 Top Guns of the Luftwaffe! My favorite book of on the WW II air war! It was very interesting the Luftwaffe were claiming aircraft shot down in good faith. However, the fact is a lot of the aircraft claimed as "destroyed" either crash landed and were repairable or limped back to base to be repaired and reentered into service. The RAF with Ultra had true figures of the Luftwaffe losses (...all they had to do was count the number of aircraft that were reported lost in the days operation to HQ).

X-Man, you didn't damage him according to the logs

Also ditched is used if they were inside friendly lines and they put her (the aircraft) down with repairable damage but not on the airfield.

Nice picture Siddy :) I've gotten a few VR blackouts when Steam VR decides it's had enough and needs some TLC, usually at the most inopportune times, like on approach in a He111... Could hear the crunch of the gear, doofus "I'm wounded", and of course damaging the airframe past repair. One of those "you've got to be kidding me..." moments, after an hour bombing mission.

flesh , same situation succes yesterday.... on true no have impact to map... Red lost  this map from start ( until kuban is added this current map go to blues 99% )  yesterdat was more funny, blue have viselky on greay many hours... yes . If both sides play whit same oportunities maybe viselky was re-conquer... anyway , i repeat, current map is lost from start.

* sry, there are one consequence; reds losing planes with no sense  :) and blues dont lose planes 

Edited by 666GIAP_Tumu

The rare moments VVS has an advantage lol ... cmon man, u have better AC and numbers 90% of the time. 

On 10/15/2018 at 2:16 AM, SCG_Riksen said:

I agree with Zombie. We need to limit the server to 40 Blue vs 44 Red. VVS should have a slight advantage with numbers as well as number of planes. It s fine to keep the models more historical but VVS pilots should have more numbers available to them. I believe this is the best way to keep things more balanced and to stimulate people to fly red ... just my 2 cents

I will think about it. Limiting one side to ~40 players would solve the problem with 50:34 ratio (which doesn't happen too often).

The bigger problem is with lower number of players e.g. 25:5. Maybe the solution where excessive players (here 20) are not allowed to spawn on the front line airfields would help a little bit. 

On 10/12/2018 at 11:15 PM, 7.GShAP/Kamm said:

Hey guys, I know that a lot of us have been having a bit of trouble getting IL2MissionPlanner to work the past few days, but a workaround to at least get it onto the Kuban map right now is to replace the #stalingrad in the URL to #kuban and then press enter,  then refresh the page. 

IL2MissionPlanner is working now :)

The issue with no AK is a game bug. I hope devs will repair it in the next update.

On 10/15/2018 at 9:03 AM, Krauz said:

First change that we need in the balance is to separate Ju52 for the special operations and for the cargo missions.

If you lose your Ju52, you should get it in the usual way (+3CM or more if your hangar is not full). That will reduce the number of these missions drastically.

Second change: the repair option for the airfields should use the number of the players for the calculation of the repair...

For example, it was 40: 30... Then the repair should be calculated as 40/30*n for the team that had 30 players in the prev. mission.

Third change: the damage level for the AF should use the number of the damaged/destroyed planes that started there (for the fighters). 

20 planes lost :  AF damaged 10%..20%  (20% is too much...10% seems not so bad)

Interesting ideas :)

Edited by =LG=Kathon
  • Thanks 3

The map is working again! Awesome! No more getting lost - maybe

Edited by SCG_X-Man

8 hours ago, =LG=Kathon said:

I will think about it. Limiting one side to ~40 players would solve the problem with 50:34 ratio (which doesn't happen too often).

The bigger problem is with lower number of players e.g. 25:5. Maybe the solution where excessive players (here 20) are not allowed to spawn on the front line airfields would help a little bit. 

A game developers have learned that its better to give positive enforcement rather then negative, the community as a whole reacts better to an encouragement instead of a discouragement. Both strive to create a style of game play and community that you want. Ex. You give a time limit on death to prevent players from taking death casually and thinking about their decisions. Perhaps encourage people to fly by giving the team with substantially less players more benefits, like extra xp, more cm, even giving the side with less people signed up more planes/pilots to make up for it. I don't know how hard it is to implement this but just what I've thought out.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, SCG_Sinerox said:

A game developers have learned that its better to give positive enforcement rather then negative, the community as a whole reacts better to an encouragement instead of a discouragement. Both strive to create a style of game play and community that you want. Ex. You give a time limit on death to prevent players from taking death casually and thinking about their decisions. Perhaps encourage people to fly by giving the team with substantially less players more benefits, like extra xp, more cm, even giving the side with less people signed up more planes/pilots to make up for it. I don't know how hard it is to implement this but just what I've thought out.

That is a very smart observation, I think.

I would like to make a proposal for slightly revised scoring of ground target kills. My logic is as follows:

Currently, destruction of any tank, regardless of type results in the award of 15 pts., which is only slightly more points than one would get for strafing two trucks (14).

But that's not all; there is a significant difference in the amount of skill, effort, and weaponry required to destroy a KV-1, which can only be taken out with heavy cannons (and a considerable amount of ammunition), and it pretty much laughs at any bombs other than a direct hit - and a Pz. 38t, which can be destroyed with the .50 cal MGs of an A20B. In terms of armor thickness, it's a glorified armored car.

Additionally, AAA guns are lumped into the "Other Ground Kills" category, but I submit that any ground target that can shoot back should be worth more than a truck.

This is what I propose:

KV-1: 25 pts

T-34: 22 pts

Pz III, IV, and Stug III: 20 pts

BT-7, T-70: 18 pts

Pz 38t: 15 pts

Flak 36, K-61 - 12 pts

All other AAA gun types: 10 pts

Thank You - - - - - -

• Upvote 6

Does the server log update mid-flight?  I landed what the game said was a kill for me but the server has it awarded to another player, so I landed too early to get a CM for it.  

Make limited supply of AAA assets, once they are gone, you only get half of them on the targets and fields :crazy:

/puts on asbestos suit 

3 hours ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

Make limited supply of AAA assets, once they are gone, you only get half of them on the targets and fields :crazy:

/puts on asbestos suit 

Cry Havoc, and let slip the Weasels of war.

Spoiler

• Upvote 1

Just now, StG77_HvB said:

I would like to make a proposal for slightly revised scoring of ground target kills. My logic is as follows:

Currently, destruction of any tank, regardless of type results in the award of 15 pts., which is only slightly more points than one would get for strafing two trucks (14).

But that's not all; there is a significant difference in the amount of skill, effort, and weaponry required to destroy a KV-1, which can only be taken out with heavy cannons (and a considerable amount of ammunition), and it pretty much laughs at any bombs other than a direct hit - and a Pz. 38t, which can be destroyed with the .50 cal MGs of an A20B. In terms of armor thickness, it's a glorified armored car.

Additionally, AAA guns are lumped into the "Other Ground Kills" category, but I submit that any ground target that can shoot back should be worth more than a truck.

This is what I propose:

KV-1: 25 pts

T-34: 22 pts

Pz III, IV, and Stug III: 20 pts

BT-7, T-70: 18 pts

Pz 38t: 15 pts

Flak 36, K-61 - 12 pts

All other AAA gun types: 10 pts

Thank You - - - - - -

In that case, with the same logic, can downing a Pe2 be worth 1000 pts please?

Regards

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

The web site mission planner seems to be improved and fully working which is great, but I'm still not able to export a mission plan on MS Edge...

And it's strange when I try to close the browser, it says it is still downloading a file...

On Chrome though, the export function works flawlessly.

Just to report this small issue.

The planner is very useful, thank you.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, wandering_man said:

Does the server log update mid-flight?  I landed what the game said was a kill for me but the server has it awarded to another player, so I landed too early to get a CM for it.  

Yes.

I plan to give CM also for assists in the next campaign.

3 hours ago, Haza said:

In that case, with the same logic, can downing a Pe2 be worth 1000 pts please?

Regards

Sounds reasonable.

1 hour ago, Muas said:

The web site mission planner seems to be improved and fully working which is great, but I'm still not able to export a mission plan on MS Edge...

And it's strange when I try to close the browser, it says it is still downloading a file...

On Chrome though, the export function works flawlessly.

Just to report this small issue.

The planner is very useful, thank you.

Please pm 19//curiousGamblerr he provides il2missionplanner.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 3

I don't know if this is possible, but I think it would be good to disable the "plane spotted near xyz" when the server is above a certain number of players. I guess it is ok when there is few playing but I have often been saved by this message when climbing to a target or have been able to intercept peshkas attacking a train. 

More complicated - perhaps a single plane would have a lower chance of being reported compared with 3-4. 

Another thing I was wondering if was possible would be to lock a pilot to the first airfield chosen at the start of the mission, unless of course he lands elsewhere, then he would have to take off from there. Maybe this would be unpopular but I think it could create some interesting situations and give the one team a way to sort of suppress the other. Either one would risk a take off to defend the field or have to stay grounded until it is safe. 

• Upvote 1

Since we're in the mood to make suggestions:

• If you receive damage from an enemy player, before making the cut off of 15 or 25 mins depending on what you're flying - you should be able to get a CM if you land back at base. This campaign more than any other I've been intercepted shortly after take off only to have to limp back to base. 
  • Blue should realize the quicker they win the map, the less time they have to fly their super planes.:P
  • Upvote 2