=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Hello guys ! 

Tonight I had a bad surprise when i left flight. Server said "FRIENDLY FIRE !" but i am not guilty. Here is why.

My team mate, IRRE Tambourddu and I, -LaFrench-bexhausted were  hunting tanks and so on.

GfT4ASL.jpg?1

We found them. Black Cross printed no doubt.

yykbnZq.jpg?1

Unfortunately my friend was catched by the burst of my bombs and went down.

d2HML1F.jpg?1

G81qimk.jpg?1

Aswell i was shot down in pieces a few seconds later. A very nice direct shot. But i don't know who did it because i am not abble to see his name into the track. EDIT thanks to LG KHATON, I now know : VGS1_Hans_Dampf S! 

WdHj5t9.jpg?1

IRRE Tambourddu : it was a suicide not a murder. So may i ask you to remove the "Friendly Fire " from my flight book ?

Not an emergency, i am dead too but in memory for future.

Thanks ! 

Edited by -LaFrench-bexhausted

" We have to create manual which describes important aspects of this server." :good:
Nice idea for the brain becomes as important as shooting.
Your creation is truly impressive and immersive.
Great thank you for it  :russian_ru:

? I have flown 3 sorties so far in the current war and survived all. 2 of these sorties were with te FW. Now The FW is no longer available to me. Why is this ?

Edited by Bert_Foster

shot down in pieces a few seconds later. A very nice direct shot. But i don't know who did it because i am not abble to see his name into the track.

Check your sortie details on: http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=6263&name=-LaFrench-bexhausted

? I have flown 3 sorties so far in the current war and survived all. 2 of these sorties were with te FW. Now The FW is no longer available to me. Why is this ?

FW wasn't available from the beginning. Check plane set at: http://taw.stg2.de/rules.php

You could have taken it because of temporarily bug in the script. After 5 combat missions you got one F-4 so after another 5 combat missions you will get FW. Try to not lose other planes.

@@Bert_Foster Me too, but I cant use my purchased FW. I started the TAW with  FW 0/2 ever. But curiously I have to my disposition 2/2 MC. But I dont purchase a MC. I dont understand

The server and script running behind it doesn't know what game version you have got. So planes form BOS and BOM are shown on the web site. 

This server growing in success and eats pilots from other servers. WoL and DeD Expert  refuse to listen their sloted guys (and those who would) and evolve but instead provide less possibilities and always to more limit options. Pilots expect a coherent alternative to have the choice to escape from them. I hope that TAW will not fall into the same trap, the disease of limitations.

Last night for me and 2 friends, we made 3/4 good flights among 50/70 guys in this server. It was balanced, serious and... great :)

However, OMG for the incredible flak!!!

Edited by otto_bann

This server growing in success and eat pilots from other servers. WoL and DeD Expert  refuse to listen their sloted guys (and those who would) and evolve but instead provide less possibilities and always to limit more options. Pilots expect a coherent alternative to have the choice to escape from them. I hope that TAW will not fall into the same trap, the disease of limitations.

Last night for me and 2 friends, we made 3/4 good flights among 50/70 guys in this server. It was balanced, serious and... great :)

However, OMG for the incredible flak!!!

Limitations are not bad if they are well managed. And I think they are on TAW.  :)

There's an awesome feeling when you attack or defend an airfield and it's raining lead. It feels realistic. 

The immersion of the campaign, the full-simulation-settings (no GPS, no tag, no shit), the weather management, and the fact that pilots have to be careful with their planes will make this server the best ever on BOS-BOM.

:salute:

... awesome feeling when you attack or defend an airfield and it's raining lead. It feels realistic. 

... and the fact that pilots have to be careful with their planes will make this server the best ever on BOS-BOM.

It's a little bit too much IMO (190 / F4) and for this, we lost many good guys for sure and it's not just rain, but big storms :) Realistic? I don't know, I never got real flak on me.

This server also starts to please me.

Edited by otto_bann

**snip**

The server and script running behind it doesn't know what game version you have got. So planes form BOS and BOM are shown on the web site. 

I had a thought to address this, although I understand it may not be a high priority and would probably have to be implemented during pilot registration at the beginning of a new campaign.  What if in the Pilot Profile of the stats page there were check boxes for which planes we own per game version?  This would allow the information for each player's available plane set to be available to the script thus showing information only on planes owned in the stats.  If they buy an additional game version or add individual planes they could edit the information and these would show the next time they start the stats page.

Edited by 12.OIAE_Stick-95
  • Upvote 1

It's a little bit too much IMO (190 / F4) and for this, we lost many good guys for sure and it's not just rain, but big storms :) Realistic? I don't know, I never got real flak on me.

This server also starts to please me.

It shuld be dangerous, i like how it is now - imho not overdone. Ofc one lone wolf have little chances to second pass ;)

• Upvote 1

Don`t you just love taking off ` rising the gear , checking the map for your target , then BAM..!!!!  Engines gone your on fire wing falls off , your tail gunner didn't shout any warnings ..???

You try to bail but your too low , WTF ....!!!

Oh its friendly fire . Why me .....oh why me .  :biggrin:

Please identify targets before shooting . 

Edit ..we are having building constructions in my area on the odd occasion i will loose internet ..  

Edited by II./JG77_Con

It shuld be dangerous, i like how it is now - imho not overdone. Ofc one lone wolf have little chances to second pass ;)

Not overdone to me either, out of 30+ sorties, I've been rarely shot down by the AAA

When going for ground targets, it's usually lone wolfing with a Bf110, shallow diving from 3000m to release bombs at 700+ kph. AAA barely have time to fire a few shots at me before I release the bombs, even on defensive lines. And after i just bug out full throttle at tree top level without flying in a too straight pattern. Never got shot down so far.

Same goes with the fighters if i'm taking a little egg for fun. Just one high speed pass with guns and bomb and then bug out. I never go strafing a second time unless I see that AAA is already heavily damaged.

When flying in group, it's usually in a flight of 3/4 Stukas, and we usually make sure that we can have one or two 109s to distract the Flak before we attack. 

The flak is really impressive, with lots of 85mm shells exploding everywhere and hail of tracers shot at you. I love it, it's really intimidating, great for immersion and stressful when they start focusing you only. But if you handle it properly without getting cocky, a lucky hit may happen but most often than not you will be able to safely fly back to base with maybe just a few holes in the the plane. It's far less frustrating than getting sniped half the time by the 37mm on the other servers. 

Cheers and long live TAW !

• Upvote 1

I do like the limits of planes - it makes one think about things.

And its a very big argument against suicide attacks.

Also variety of planes in the sky is very large - not only Yaks and F4s

Personaly as far as adjusting planesets for what people own or not is a non issue - if one dosent own BoM, than buy it.

With that the devs are supported and we get more expansions, more bug fixes...

Besides the BoS planes are very capable and fun as well.

Also shooting down planes also makes much more sence in this way as with that the enemy plane capabilities are reduced and therefore less potent for attacking.

It gives the complete fighting dynamic purpose. Each kill means something as that plane is gone and needs to be replenished - pilot can be rendered ineffective that way.

I agree that it shouldnt be too hardcore as that would detract some players, but I dont think that it is acctually - its relativly close to perfect atm.

I deffinitly agree with having to earn the best planes first before being able to use them.

And one thing that I belive will happen soon - if I remember correctly there is a max planes / bombers / tanks limit per side.

and Axis is close to lossing 900 planes -> so that will mean a loss after reaching that plane cap.

Point being - axis flies more (more people) and I am sure that most of the lost planes are due to flak and crashes.

I think that people acctually have to many planes to spend - a cap on total planes lost would perhaps be interesting at one point - just to limit the people that are perhaps too carelless with their planes (perhaps combined with a win / loss or ground target destroyed per plane lost ratios...)

All your suggestion are welcomed. 

Oh its friendly fire . Why me .....oh why me .  :biggrin:

Please identify targets before shooting . 

Player 17ad-viper91 banned for 60 next missions .

I think a lot of guys who will soon have the only choice to fly a bomber (without bomb) will change of server, simply.

Among the blue fighter pilots known to history, I do not know who also regularly fly a 111 or 88. This is realistic too...

And as others who will come for sure, it will not be my case any more (I've never used a twin-engine).

But (so) we'll go fly on TAW as feasible

...And its a very big argument against suicide attacks...

This is an exaggerated argument, a fantasy to believe that to have to fly a bomber without bomb will solve this problem.

Edited by otto_bann

It's nice to know that some known enemy ACEs lost almost all their planes inventory and now are somehow eliminated from their best roles to support their side ;)

About VVS somehow lower average players count maybe it is becouse VVS begins with 4 Laggs, no Yaks and germans with 2 109 Fs and Gs ?

Edited by 307_Tomcat

I think a lot of guys who will soon have the only choice to fly a bomber (without bomb) will change of server, simply.

Among the blue fighter pilots known to history, I do not know who also regularly fly a 111 or 88. This is realistic too...

And as others who will come for sure, it will not be my case any more (I've never used a twin-engine).

But (so) we'll go fly on TAW as feasible

This is an exaggerated argument, a fantasy to believe that to have to fly a bomber without bomb will solve this problem.

What are you talking about? Bombers without bombs only? Did you ever checked http://taw.stg2.de/rules.php ? IL-2 1942 is UNLIMITED (with all modifications) same for Ju-87 D3 but SC 1000 and SC 1800 are blocked, rest of the bombs are useable.

• Upvote 2

4x Lagg3 on VVS is not bad at all.

Personaly I prefer it to the Yak anyway due to the firepower and not that much worse handling - I flew it almost on all mission in the test campaign although I had plenty of Yaks on stock.

The 109F2 is not really better than the Lagg 3 - speed is about the same, firepower is worse, manouverability is about the same, climbrate is not significantly better - so I find it a good balance tbh.

Germans start with 4x 109 F2 and 2x 109G2 - no F4.

Sure G2 is of course a better plane than the La5, but such are things - VVS is worse in fighters, but better in attack planes and about equal on bombers -> and primary objective is to win the ground war.

• Upvote 1

...Bombers without bombs only? ...

Understood I've to take sometimes bomber without bombs (for get airfield), no?

Question : a pilot can loose all his single seat / single engine planes? If yes, only ju87 or twin engines choice, correct?

Edited by otto_bann

Yes for LW.

However there are many planes to loose and not that difficult to replace (5x landed missions on friendly active airfield where one flies more than 15 minutes wiwthout any AK/GK or more than 5 minutes with AK / GK).

So replacing a lost fighter/bomber is not dificult at all. 

stg2_coupon.png

Hello Kathon,

as a recognition and appreciation for your awsome and ambitious work at the "TAW-Server, the members of the squadrons VSG1 Sturmvögel und StG2 Immelmann want to hand you a little attention in form of a BOM-license key.

We are excited about the further development of TAW and we are looking forward to support you within the scope of our possibilities.

Thank you very much.

• Upvote 9

TAW admin: Could you please delete squad nr:61 ZerstorerGeschwader 1 Wespen because I accidentally created this in error.

Hello Kathon,

as a recognition and appreciation for your awsome and ambitious work at the "TAW-Server, the members of the squadrons VSG1 Sturmvögel und StG2 Immelmann want to hand you a little attention in form of a BOM-license key.

167480409.jpg

I would like also to thank all of you guys who participate in this project and for all your support and good words :)

This server wouldn't be running without Stg2 team and guys from =LG= who also did a great job.

Edited by =LG=Kathon
  • Upvote 4

stg2_coupon.png

Hello Kathon,

We are excited about the further development of TAW and we are looking forward to support you within the scope of our possibilities.

Thank you very much.

Hip Hip !!!

Hooooraaaay!!! Long live ancient god of TAW - Kutatahon!!!

:) Finally Kathon will not need to change the logs to get the planes from the the hangar ^^ .

About the rest comments:

Guys!!!

Thx for the feedback and posts!!! We really apreciate that. When you wrote here and give us some notifications about the overall gameplay we count it in our decisions.

About some of the comments.

First of all: Limitations are needed. Without it we cant keep the balanced gameplay and equal numbers in both teams. 

2nd. AAA has to be limited because of drop of the fps but overall level needs to be increased. Now its just a piece of cake to attack a column in group of 2-3 planes and the defenders dont have ANY cover and bonus for defending the object on low altitude.

3rd. If someone is complaining about the small number of fighters...

Hmmm... On the front if the pilot was too weak to fly on fighters he was usually killed or moved to bomber/attack/transport unit.

Its hard to admit to own mistakes obviously... 

TAW is not a school for beginners. Its a OstFront. 

And on OstFront there is only one rule.

No mercy. :)

4th. TAW became less dynamic because of big number of targets. Its really hard to find the enemy and people are mostly flying on the fighters without any serious enemy contact which leads to visiting the enemy airfields and vulch...

Vulch is allowed but not needed.

We will change some logic a bit to change that fact.

5th. We are curently working on changing the statistics look and logic.

Score system was changed. Now you have extra points for AK/GK / landing and flight hours but also negative for death/captured/bailed out.

Now the best bomber/ fighter is a guy with the best streak and the best fight/bomb team is a squad with the biggest number of AK & GK.

We will try to use diferent logic.

AK * K/D ratio  &  GK * GK/D ratio which is more accurate to find the best of the best, not only the team with many players or many flight hours.

Leave your comments.

Thx again for the feedback.

S!

• Upvote 2

Game stats do not reset and we don't have full hangars again? 

It's not end of war, VVS just won the map like the axis won the previous map, the winner of current map will be winner of the current war. So this is still the same war and that is why there is no stats/hangar reset.

Edited by =LG=Wicher

Hi, Wicher!

I have the same problem like Walther51.

Additional my "Experience" was equal to zero.

What is the reason wy, can you tell me?

Thx for answer.

Hello TAW team:

I had a bad surprise tonight wit the map Stalingrad_Centre#121 when i left flight. Server said "FRIENDLY FIRE and not air kill (air kill appear in sorties only) but i am not guilty, theres no friend near me in the fight with La-5. La-5 crushed me.

My video of this situation (the action is in 1:05 minutes):

https://youtu.be/nz8a0jStACE

And pics:

www.boystoys.cl/images/1.jpg

www.boystoys.cl/images/2.jpg

www.boystoys.cl/images/3.jpg

Thank you

Edited by FACH-Nowotny-

TAW admin:

Is there anyway to delete a squad?

Is it possible to change squad belongings?