=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Same for us , greyed out START button after choosing airframe . The ping seems good though . Thanks for all your efforts guys . 

I believe this problem is not specific to TAW, had it sometimes on DED as well.

A workaround is to click on the map and then on the spectate button. It usually sends you right in the cockpit.

Side effect is that you wont get the HUD compass working for the flight, but you'll be able to do your mission.

• Upvote 1

I believe this problem is not specific to TAW, had it sometimes on DED as well.

A workaround is to click on the map and then on the spectate button. It usually sends you right in the cockpit.

Side effect is that you wont get the HUD compass working for the flight, but you'll be able to do your mission.

Another workaround is to move and press butons on your joystik after you press START and you can hear AFs sounds but still on map screen. It worked yesterday 4 out 6 times.

Regarding KG200_Helmut, my bad, I forgot about payloads restrictions.

Edited by KG200_Volker

Hey guys-

First, really enjoying the server, thanks again. I don't have much luck but it's fun!

A question: If you get killed or captured, you don't get credit for AK/GK during the flight. However, do the targets stay destroyed despite lack of credit? For example, if I take out a tank column but then get killed while RTB, does the tank column remain destroyed on the next map? Or does it come back on the next map?

I would of course prefer it to stay dead, since even when pilots were killed the things they destroyed obviously stayed destroyed IRL. But I understand sometimes you need to strongly incentivize getting back to base, so I was curious. I know Tip re-created destroyed targets on the next mission if you died afterwards in the case of FNBF, to encourage people to try to get home rather than fly suicide missions. 

Not complaining either way, just wanted to clarify. Thanks!  :salute:

A question: If you get killed or captured, you don't get credit for AK/GK during the flight. However, do the targets stay destroyed despite lack of credit? For example, if I take out a tank column but then get killed while RTB, does the tank column remain destroyed on the next map? Or does it come back on the next map?

Yes, of course the ground units remain destroyed, you just don't get them in your stats if u die in this mission.

Edited by =LG=Wicher

One bug report. Muy first misión with fw A3 i destroy 4 ground obj and 2 air kills.

At 43 min mision server disco me, and no fw, no stats...

Why the server disco sometimes? Any idea?

Hi Guys

Great server.  I really have to work hard just to make it back from any mission as a Red side player - Always outnumbered about 3:1.  Come on VVS - Man Up a bit....

Anyway, I really like Stick's ideas - However, if IL2:CofD - Storm of War server is anything to go by, any imbalance to the rules will receive huge complaints from Blue players about fairness....

So, I think it is about the Red side being more persistant at joining the server and fighting through the imbalance of players until it is even. 

Its not all bad - I lead a three ship on an airfield strike today and caught a flight of 109s launching as we hit after a 20 min flight to the target - how fortunate!!  Got ripped up by the AAA of course and never made it back but it was fun...!

Keep up the good work....

Bonjour là dedans! 

Congratulation for your work men. Your server is truly awesome, and I can't wait to see how it's going to evolve! 

For everyone flying there, maybe try to connect on the server's official Team Speak once in a while. I know a lot of you already has squads and stuff, but it could be awesome to play all together, like the Allies on the ATAG server on CLOD. It can be more than fun and effective!

Salutation!   :salute:

Rolluptito

Bonjour là dedans! 

Congratulation for your work men. Your server is truly awesome, and I can't wait to see how it's going to evolve! 

For everyone flying there, maybe try to connect on the server's official Team Speak once in a while. I know a lot of you already has squads and stuff, but it could be awesome to play all together, like the Allies on the ATAG server on CLOD. It can be more than fun and effective!

Salutation!   :salute:

Rolluptito

There is official TAW teamspeak, you can try find companions out there.

tidesofwar.net:9992  password is in mission briefing.

There is official TAW teamspeak, you can try find companions out there.

tidesofwar.net:9992  password is in mission briefing.

Yep! I know, I'm on it when I fly on the server, but feel pretty alone, that is why I wrote this on my last message. Everybody just seems to use its own TS.   :rolleyes:

Edited by rolluptito

Its not all bad - I lead a three ship on an airfield strike today and caught a flight of 109s launching as we hit after a 20 min flight to the target - how fortunate!! Got ripped up by the AAA of course and never made it back but it was fun...!

That was really fun :biggrin:

Somehow all three ended up alive. I don't think I've ever been hit this many times, the aircraft was rattling like a drum every half second. Then in desperation while smoking and with a oiled windshield I had to pull tight barrel rolls to avoid a Bf-109 while flying at tree-top height, praying I didn't hit anything when leveling out. Fortunately we made it back to our lines after putting the aircraft down on a field.

• Upvote 1

Yep! I know, I'm on it when I fly on the server, but feel pretty alone, that is why I wrote this on my last message. Everybody just seems to use its own TS.   :rolleyes:

Hey,

I was on it as well yesterday when you were connected but it seems you were AFK at that moment. I joined the Stg2 TS later on.

Hopefully next time we'll be able to fly together.

See you in the virtual skies !

• Upvote 1

Hey,

I was on it as well yesterday when you were connected but it seems you were AFK at that moment. I joined the Stg2 TS later on.

Hopefully next time we'll be able to fly together.

See you in the virtual skies !

Je pars en weekend ce soir, mais avec grand plaisir la semaine prochaine Gruber!  ;)

See you!   :salute:

I can;t join this server for some reason,

Yesterday I tried to join and got as far as the map, selected my plane and the mission never loaded and now, every time I try to connect the mission doesn't load for me.

My last mission yesterday was in BF109G2 and 9 targets (ground) but dont show this mission today in my profile.

I too am missing some flights from last night. I think 3 LaGG sorties, one of which ended in my death and should have lost me a plane, but I don't see it. Let me know if I can provide any more details to help out.

As always, thanks guys for the hard work!

Same here - part of my last mission is also missing -> I am quite sure that it was me that shot you down Gambler on that last mission and this is missing in the stats -> first part of the mission is in and second part is missing.

It was end of mission immidiatly after I shot you down and a very strange one -> no stats page or anything, it was straight to the server list. 

The mission I'm referring to I actually crashed myself into a tree playing around in a LaGG because nobody else was on at the time. I was the only one on the server except for maybe Filia on the same side for a bit. But, it's totally possible you shot me down some time before that, altho I think the only time I've gone down in a LaGG was to Adelmann... You definitely took me out on Berloga a couple times yesterday! That I know for sure.

It's all kind of blurring together now that I think about it so maybe I'm not so helpful on the details  :wacko:

About missing flights -> there is a bug in DServer.exe application which I reported to devs almost a year ago. Sometimes DServer doesn't change the map when it should. Fortunately it's very rare situation. And it was yesterday.

Number of buildings have been reduced. Some of you should get higher FPS now.

How does Airfield damage count? by destroyed AAA, destroyed hangars or bombed runway?

Thanks for the experience! :)

What does it mean two square icons of town on the map? 

http://taw.stg2.de/index.php

It's 'frontline city', it can be retaken by land forces only (tanks). We use in some places towns because of lack airfields or to make good frontline (no to close airfields to each other). You can't destroy it by bombing etc.

• Upvote 1

Somehow server seems to be kicking players with ping-spikes (?) very fast. Maybe a reduction of latency kicks wouldn't be a bad thing. It really kills the fun when you're 20 minutes into a flight and get kicked for a slight package loss or ping spike. Several people have experienced this sadly.

Apart from that, enjoying the server much.
Jordan :salute:

Edited by 216th_Jordan

How does Airfield damage count? by destroyed AAA, destroyed hangars or bombed runway?

Hangars, fuel barrels, AA and static plane.

Check this: http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/21029-tactical-air-war/?p=342053

I registered to fly VVS. When I logged in the first time today, I accidentally clicked on a German airfield...did NOT spawn in or anything. I was able to then click on a Soviet field and fly missions for the Red side, but it said something about a 'penalty' for switching sides?

I hope I haven't hurt the team, but if so I request that the penalty be waived if possible since it was an error and I didn't gain any advantage from it.

Game's interface allow to click on airfields on both sides. You don't gain any advantage from it.

Somehow server seems to be kicking players with ping-spikes (?) very fast. Maybe a reduction of latency kicks wouldn't be a bad thing. It really kills the fun when you're 20 minutes into a flight and get kicked for a slight package loss or ping spike. Several people have experienced this sadly.

Max Client Ping option in DServer is set to unlimited (I wanted to avoid kicking by long pings) but maybe it works in different wey. I will change it to 500 ms to check if it helps.

Edited by =LG=Kathon

How to count disco after being damaged correctly.

Presently pilot is dead if he was damaged and disconnected from the server. It is good idea to strive with unfair disconnectors.

BUT! BoS is not very stable and all pilots have problems for some time.
Thus I would offer to count death for "being damaged"+"disconnection" only if the last damage was no longer than 10 minutes ago. This time enough to finish attack in all cases.

Edited by Skv_Serafim
  • Upvote 1

How to count disco after being damaged correctly.

Presently pilot is dead if he was damaged and disconnected from the server. It is good idea to strive with unfair disconnectors.

BUT! BoS is not very stable and all pilots have problems for some time.

Thus I would offer to count death for "being damaged"+"disconnection" only if the last damage was no longer than 10 minutes ago. This time enoght to finish attack in all cases.

It would be ok to count it as ditched then so people who want to keep their plane don't just disconnect before landing :biggrin:

I'm not sure if it's a bug or a feature, but if you jump into a friend's turret the game misinterprets this as flying a plane you don't have. You get a chat message warning about getting kicked.

I'm not sure if it's a bug or a feature, but if you jump into a friend's turret the game misinterprets this as flying a plane you don't have. You get a chat message warning about getting kicked.

For this moment you can't fly as turret gunner

Hello guys, ive been having trouble with the server, i get a ping spike every once in a while and the server instantly kicks me :( ive never had this problem before in any server, not even this one  :biggrin:

ive also known some other guys with similar issues connecting to TAW and i was hopping to know if you guys would be willing to implement a different approach for kicking high ping players. maybe something like only kicking people that have a consistent high ping instead of people who have an acceptable ping but get the occasional spike.

i hope i can fly in the server again! :D

I had the same thing happen twice today, although I can't confirm whether I was experiencing ping spikes or not.  (How do you do that?  I'm not all that tech-y, obviously.)
Anyway, game's server screen was showing me pings in the 120's, which has been typical, but I was kicked twice after about 10 minutes of flying in both cases.

New feature added to our TAW website, all players now will have their rank, acquired by expierence which is based on your Air Kills, Ground Kills and Flight Time.

To check your rank just head to your profile:

EbHed6T.jpg

• Upvote 1

How it is possible, that I have no Bf 109 F2, if I landed one (undamaged) last mission? I landed F2 before map's end and in the new map I have no F2 anymore. This is not correct, is it?

Hello, our pilot taw.stg2.de/pilot.php?name=KG200_Ifestos made the mistake to press LEAVE SERVER instead of FINISH FLIGHT so he was counted as DISCO even though he was landed at AF. So he lost an F4 and He111 which is pity because he doesn't own BOM so hard to get fighters. If possible to restore his plane would be highly appreciated.

Missions:

17.07.2016 21:29:22

15.07.2016 22:48:34

Thank you.

I have no idea why server kicks you. I asks developers about it. There is no restriction in the server setup about ping delay at the moment. You may check your ping to server by opening the console in the windows: type cmd to open a console then type ping 146.0.32.24 -t and hit enter. Every second  there is a replay from the server with time delay in ms. If you are disconnected please check if your ping in that moment was higher than usual e.g. 500ms or more.

How it is possible, that I have no Bf 109 F2, if I landed one (undamaged) last mission? I landed F2 before map's end and in the new map I have no F2 anymore. This is not correct, is it?

How many F2 did you have before that mission? One? Then you took one and  landed, then you bail out and no more F2. Then you took another one (which you shouldn't ) and landed. Server analyse available planes after each mission.  

Player =2ndSS=HolyWar banned for 36 next missions for insults on the chat.

Hello, our pilot taw.stg2.de/pilot.php?name=KG200_Ifestos made the mistake to press LEAVE SERVER instead of FINISH FLIGHT so he was counted as DISCO even though he was landed at AF. So he lost an F4 and He111 which is pity because he doesn't own BOM so hard to get fighters. If possible to restore his plane would be highly appreciated.

Check your inbox.