Game version 4.502 discussion: Hurricane, C-47, Bf-110-E2 in 4K, New G-Effect, Tank Crew and other improvements

Han

1 hour ago, Jason_Williams said:

Knock it off. We devoted an entire DD to the issue. Take your conspiracy theories elsewhere.

Jason

Not a conspiracy theory... just saying... it is amazing the quality and extend of work ...and implying that the other areas in the update also represent a lot of quality work that we might not appreciate enough!

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Mitthrawnuruodo said:

The update notes are incorrect. In previous versions, the MC.202 was firing AP only.

again, how do you know that 12.7 was firing AP only?

I was able to set a lot of planes on fire with 12.7.. I think it'd be kind of difficult to do it with AP only.

Thank you for the C47. 😃

I hope we can fly it sooner, because it will be a great addition to the gameplay of the Ally, which can't drop cannister, paratrooper, unload cargo like the german side do it with the JU52.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

Just now, 69th_Didney_World said:

I was able to set a lot of planes on fire with 12.7.. I think it'd be kind of difficult to do it with AP only.

You can set planes alight in FC with 303s, or in GB with .50 cals, all of which are AP only. You need a fuel leak and a spark, or some remaining tracer: (abstracted into the probabilities in the game). It just takes many more hits with AP/ball rounds.   

You would see if the 12.7 was firing AP only by the rate at which it caused skin damage to appear: much faster for an HE round. 

Edited by unreasonable

Mitthrawnuruodo
15 minutes ago, 69th_Didney_World said:

It was evident from the game files and the lack of explosive impact effects.

Fantastic update!

34. The mixture control of al aircraft with M-105 PF engine became standard (similar to Yak-7/9);

What are the ramifications of this change?

Just now, Mitthrawnuruodo said:

It was evident from the game files and the lack of explosive impact effects.

what game files are you speaking of?

I fly mc202 every day in MP and I never was able to PK from dead 6. Only setting them on fire..

anyway, it seems we're just arguing with our subjective opinions. In either case, mine or yours, whatever the devs did in this update it will be an improvement for MC202, or at least I hope so. 😄

=621=Samikatz

The new G-Force effects are excellently done! It really surprised me when my poor pilot slumped over before passing out after I abused them with some tight turns.

40. Closed landing gear doors on P-51D-15 won’t be torn off at high speeds;

Simply wonderful to hear. So happy that I can now chase blues all the way to the deck, just as the great North American Aviation company intended. 

2 hours ago, ACG_PapaBear said:

is only one out of two landing lights suppose to be working on hurricane? or second one is decorative only?

Yes, that's right - only one of the two lights could be turned on at a time.

Yes very forgiving, very stable , fought a Hurricane in an E7 and had it on average ability but still had trouble getting near it, the F2 wasn't that much better.

Still exploring, but I suppose I will start, can't wait until this baby gets skinned VVS skins can be quite handsome on the Hurricane and of course for us Brits

Battle of Britain skins we wait.

So here it is at last! 

The team deserves a lot of praise for not only developing more products for the future in the in-game timeline, but for also going back in time and keep adding content for the early 40s timeline as well. 

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, Retrofly said:

Is it me of the the Hurricane handle wonderfully? Very hard to spin, dont get much wing drop on tight turns. Very forgiving plane.

That's the way the real thing flies. :) 

SAS_Storebror
1 hour ago, 69th_Didney_World said:

Simply by extracting the weapon definition files from the game's gtp archives.

It's a matter of fact, I didn't pull that off my nose.

:drinks:

Mike

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

The Hurricane is lovely! One problem though -  on skins with the later roundels and fin flashes, the starboard fin flash is incorrectly flipped when the two should be mirrored copies of each other:

Correct on the early skins (red part facing the nose)

03.jpg

Incorrect here (blue facing nose)

_Hur1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, SAS_Storebror said:

Simply by extracting the weapon definition files from the game's gtp archives.

It's a matter of fact, I didn't pull that off my nose.

:drinks:

Mike

yup, @Mitthrawnuruodo explained it. Thank you both, guys!

40 minutes ago, Retrofly said:

Is it me of the the Hurricane handle wonderfully? Very hard to spin, dont get much wing drop on tight turns. Very forgiving plane.

Yes, they seem to have got it exactly as I have read - very stable, steady gun platform (great for ground attack), tight turning ability.

And it's possible to fill He111s full of holes with the .303s and still have them fly streaming smoke and fuel.

A question - the oil radiator control doesn't seem to be working for me. Specs say oil and water are manually controlled?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, kendo said:

Yes, they seem to have got it exactly as I have read - very stable, steady gun platform (great for ground attack), tight turning ability.

And it's possible to fill He111s full of holes with the .303s and still have them fly streaming smoke and fuel.

A question - the oil radiator control doesn't seem to be working for me. Specs say oil and water are manually controlled?

Hahaha, yes even with the extra .303's you shower the he111 with holes and it keeps flying. I remember Cliffs Over Dover being similar.😁

5 minutes ago, kendo said:

And it's possible to fill He111s full of holes with the .303s and still have them fly streaming smoke and fuel

Thats correct. Try it with 4x 20 mm guns 😉

I have not flown the Hurricane but I think the cockpit etc is very well done. Definitely worth the wait. Very glad I bought it. Of course although the Hurri is the main attraction allround many other improvements and updates which should not be discounted.

Congrats and well done. Long live Great Battles.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Jameswildwood

Wow!!!! The Hurricane is superb, great skins and mods too. Really impressed thank you so much Devs. This was the one I've been waiting for😍👌👍👍 

2 hours ago, III/JG52_Otto_-I- said:

I think that the spotting and aircraft visibility is very poor in normal or default graphics configuration at present date in game... .even after the last improvement.. If you are sure that the spoting and visibility is fine for you, plese tell us your recommended graphics configuration. 
Thanks you in advance.

What is the size and resolution of a monitor u use? or are u using VR?

i have 40in 1080p TV, graphics all maxed and i have no visibility issues.

of course if u use wide field of view the visibility will suffer.

52 minutes ago, kendo said:

Having incendiary .303 rounds like in Cliffs of Dover would help with that.

But at least in the Hurricane's case you can just switch guns and instantly toast literally any foe...

Old RCAF Spitfire and Hurricane pilots, P/O Ralph Schenck, told me when he found out I was training in a Canadian built Katana DA 20,

that he had flown one that his brother had.

To quote: "I took  control of the Katana and found it responded to input exactly as my Hurricane II did."

The Katana is a beautiful harmonized machine control wise, if totally lacking in HP.

One thing you could do in a Katana, and I suspect you could do in a Hurricane, is get in a tight turn and stay there until you run out of gas.

Practicing tight turns I often ran into my own wake turbulence.

Never had it happen in other planes.

I pity any Axis fighter trying to turn inside a Hurribus.

• Upvote 1

• Han unpinned this topic