Game version 4.502 discussion: Hurricane, C-47, Bf-110-E2 in 4K, New G-Effect, Tank Crew and other improvements

Han

Hi dev team,

thank you very much for this gorgeous update - especially for the Hurricane. It's a lovely plane to fly and a very stable weapon platform.

Such a joy to fly, very forgiving - not the fastest bird, but very manoeuvrable. Perhaps the best plane we have in IL2 GB, if you ask me.

Cheers to all of you - take care and be safe

Therion

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Taxman said:

Thanks but I have already done that.  For both the Moscow and Stalingrad campaign the Hurricane does not appear.  I am able to fly the Hurricane in quick missions, which means I do have it.  I rechecked the left-hand side of the squadron selection and it does not appear, do I have a faulty install?  I am stumped!!!

Hello, do you have this list on the left?

Spoiler

2f756d7a7895204b1e32a209b25edfc2.png

45 minutes ago, jlan5031jlan5031 said:

I have the update but no Hurricane or C-47. What  am I forgetting?

1. Did you buy the Hurricane? Because it's a collector's plane

2. C-47 is AI plane only. Some say at the moment and pray for it to be flyable (like me)

I have a problem with the Hurricane.... It made me break out my wallet 😄

2 hours ago, peregrine7 said:

Wow, nostalgia. Used to sing this to my girlfriend - now my wife. Long time ago.

Why did you only used to sing it Long time ago?  Oh.. I see.. you got married.. Understood! 😄

• Haha 1

YnTBH4.jpg

Myself in the foreground and BlitzPig_WingN peeling off after attacking a flight of 110s, and blowing up a train.

The Hurri is a very good ground pounder because it is such a stable platform, be sure!  It can turn amazingly tightly, though she definitely has a speed deficit.

A really good addition to the sim.

The AI E7s we encountered were really aggressive in their maneuvering, well done.

The new blackout modeling is absolutely fantastic.  Please leave it as is. 

Spasibo for a great update!

Edited by BlitzPig_EL
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 10

-322FG-Wimwam

Mostly awesome but I've got to say I'm a little bit disappointed not to see the RP-3 rockets with the Hurricane. Really hope to see them added when the Typhoon arrives!

2 hours ago, LF_Gallahad said:

Hello, do you have this list on the left?

Reveal hidden contents

2f756d7a7895204b1e32a209b25edfc2.png

That is the whole problem, I do not have the Hurricane listed on the left side. I'll check back tomorrow and see if there are any answers.  Thanks. Yes I do the Hurricane listed in my main menu as a flyable plane.

Edited by Taxman
Added text

Roland_HUNter
6 hours ago, JG27_Kornezov said:

I am wondering what changes are made to the FM, in the 109 k4 there is a heavy buffeting sound (super annoying) effect where it did not exist before. The plane feels heavier too.

You can pull more the 109s, 190s like in IRL.
in IL-2 CloD the 109 had this ability since they released it.

1 minute ago, TWC_Sp00k said:

Dropped in to say I love the new patch simulating G force and tiredness In pilots.  Excellent work gentlemen.

I really like the new effect as well.  I am wondering though, if the enemy AI is actually affected by it, because it seems they still have g-resistance like they are wearing a modern g-suit.  

Definitely seems like the AI has been taken up a notch which is a welcome change! Also, LOVE the new pilot fatigue changes.  And the Hurricane! Was definitely worth the wait! I've only tried out the Soviet armament mod which is perfect for turning 109s into scrape metal in short order.  Kudos to the dev team!

• Upvote 1

Really enjoying being able to (finally!) be able to use my headset without PP on, and really enjoy the ability to tweak depth in VR ala the in game key combos.  I'm working to find a good setting but this changed alot for me as far as depth goes.  Thank you so much for that alone!

The hurri has to be the best value for a collector's plane in the series, imho.  I hope someday for a hurri mki, as I'm sure you do too.  I can't believe how stable it is.  Pro: sprays ammo like a firehose.  Con: Sprays ammo like a firehose.

Nimble little bird.  Thank you again.

36 minutes ago, Boogdud said:

I really like the new effect as well.  I am wondering though, if the enemy AI is actually affected by it, because it seems they still have g-resistance like they are wearing a modern g-suit.  

Seem like they are affected, suckered a high energy 202 into pulling hard at my much slower Hurri, next thing he was stuck flying inverted extending away and I'm thinking Oh no, not this crazy upside down stuff in the AI again, but he started nose down inverted, unfortunately for him he never woke up.

Had a tough time finding the 40mm trigger, could hear it clicking but it ain't on the stick.😉

Mitthrawnuruodo
3 minutes ago, JG51_Beazil said:

The hurri has to be the best value for a collector's plane in the series, imho.

Yeah, it could probably pass as two or more separate aircraft (not that I'd encourage that arrangement). It was extremely ambitious to model so many variants within a single aircraft.

2 minutes ago, Dawson said:

For those who've purchased the Hurricane, is english radio communication available or is it Russian only?

The nationality of the pilot is up to the mission designer.

• Upvote 1

Hurricane great! C47 great! G-effect great .... We need Collector Maps!Finland * Murmansk *
I would like to buy! Where are they? My dollars are ready 🤑 😀

• Upvote 5

17 minutes ago, Mitthrawnuruodo said:

The nationality of the pilot is up to the mission designer.

Thanks for reply. I mostly do quick mission to improve my flying and my Spitfire V and P-40 are Soviet uniformed, Russian speaking there. In MP I do get english.

I./JG52_Woutwocampe

Definately an impressive update, but again, nothing about making the p-38 and p-51 spawn in the Rhineland careers even though you actually improved these careers in this very update? Why on Earth would you not take the time to actually fix this?!

The binoculars are working fine 👍 also the option from give the "got to" and "target" command using them is a great addition. Gameplay improving with each patch. :yahoo:

🤖 Think I found a bug at "Tank Scenarios : Panzer V" mission. When the friendly tank kills a target the radio repeats "I'm Jaguar, 1, Target Destroyed" forever.

Hope can be fixed soonTM 🙏 

Thanks!

Edited by Fercyful

Sorry for the offtopic question but, some were mentioning some updates made in visibility that "made spotting better" and some even confirmed that they can spot things easily now.

So my question is, when did that come? (I mean, which update?) I just would like to see the changelog of that exact update anyway, since I can spot -kinda- better now but just because I followed some recommendations on settings visual configurations (graphics) in some post in this forum.

Thanks in advance

22 minutes ago, MasserME262 said:

Sorry for the offtopic question but, some were mentioning some updates made in visibility that "made spotting better" and some even confirmed that they can spot things easily now.

So my question is, when did that come? (I mean, which update?) I just would like to see the changelog of that exact update anyway, since I can spot -kinda- better now but just because I followed some recommendations on settings visual configurations (graphics) in some post in this forum.

Thanks in advance

All of the game's updates are described here: https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/12826-game-updates

• Thanks 1

Mitthrawnuruodo
21 minutes ago, MasserME262 said:

The previous update (4.501) had some significant yet subtle enhancements for aircraft visibility.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/12826-game-updates/?do=findComment&comment=999607

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, MasserME262 said:

Thanks in advance

the main and biggest change was in the previous update to this one. changes to both enhanced and normal spotting , LOD's and lighting effects.

3. The long-range LODs scaling system for aircraft has been adjusted. Aircraft spotting at short to medium distances, especially when using wide camera angles, is greatly improved. The visibility at distance has been adjusted to be closer to reality.

4. Alternate Visibility has been renamed Enhanced Visibility: this mode gives a much greater increase in aircraft visibility at long ranges compared to the new standard visibility. At medium ranges, visibility is also significantly improved compared to the old Alternate Visibility option;

5. MSAA x8 option has been added, but please note that this level of AA is very demanding to the graphics card performance;
6. The atmospheric haze density option has been added to the Quick Mission Builder. Its minimum value corresponds to the haze density available earlier;
7. Dawn/Dusk Fog option has been added to the Quick Mission Builder. This option is available only when the haze density is set to half of the maximum value or more;
8. The haze density option (from 0.0 to 1.0) is now stored in a mission file. Radiation fog appears at dusk if the value of the haze is more than 0.5 and the weather preset name contains an odd number at the end. The denser haze makes it easier to spot other aircraft against the background of the landscape when the distance from the observer to the target is much less than the distance from the observer to the landscape behind the target. This can be used when designing multiplayer missions for game servers;
9. Distant levels of detail (LODs) of the aircraft now have the same surface material setting as closer and more detailed LODs, making the lighting of distant aircraft much more realistic and enabling reflections and glints when the relative position of a contact, an observer and the light source(s) is right;

• Thanks 1

Utterly amazing update,

I've wanted the iconic Hurricane for so long and it has not disappointed, a fantastic rendition of this wonderful plane, just stunning. The new pilot G and fatigue modelling are just perfect too.

Can't thank you enough!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, =RS=GiantCorn said:

agreed, sitting in the hurricane in VR is awesome!

the 8 x 303s, less so!

again its all ap and apt no incendiary rounds in .303 ... so fires will be less likely
not very historic in that regard...  

unknown.png?width=252&height=680

• Upvote 2

GiftZahnsSteigern

Good god man, have you a death wish!?

BEFORE TAKE-OFF CHECK BOBBIN

>        <

its got tons of options for armamants, pretty fun to fly,  def a winner

best of all its got the FU skin 🙂

unknown.png?width=1294&height=672

Edited by =RS=Stix_09
  • Haha 5

=RS=GiantCorn
26 minutes ago, =RS=Stix_09 said:

again its all ap and apt no incendiary rounds in .303 ... so fires will be less likely
not very historic in that regard...  

unknown.png?width=252&height=680

yeah i know mate, I still love the thing though!  great to fly and the hispanos do the trick! just got to be careful with aim. cant spray and pray

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, scotsmanFlyingscotsman said:

I now see how ineffective lots of 303 bullets are against a Heinkel, wow that was hard work

Strangely, I set a 111 ablaze with my first burst in my Hurricane campaign, but those E7s just soak up the ammo and keep flying. They do at least become less dangerous.

• Upvote 1

Very happy to get finally the Hurri and the Dakota. Thanks Devs.😀

But Sooo disappointed that no static Hurricaine and Static C47 have been implemented.

As usual minimum effort for the editor. 😪

Edited by IckyATLAS

12 minutes ago, Elem said:

Strangely, I set a 111 ablaze with my first burst in my Hurricane campaign, but those E7s just soak up the ammo and keep flying. They do at least become less dangerous.

Interesting, have to try again for more conclusive results. I completely agree on the ever-present issue of bullet sponge 109s as long you use machine guns...

Edited by airacobrafan
  • Upvote 1

• 1CGS
3 hours ago, Fercyful said:

Think I found a bug at "Tank Scenarios : Panzer V" mission. When the friendly tank kills a target the radio repeats "I'm Jaguar, 1, Target Destroyed" forever.

Hope can be fixed soonTM 🙏 

An old problem (we are looking for ways to reproduce it and squash it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

C'mon Lads and Lasses, stop pestering the devs. They again proved that our investments and pre-orders for IL2 are worth it.

Reading through the comments here Mr.J really seems a little annoyed by some.

Lets salute or have a beer on his and the dev-team 's health for all the great work done yet again ...

Benny Hill.jpg

Edited by jollyjack
  • Upvote 2

1PL-Husar-1Esk
1 hour ago, Elem said:

1 hour ago, airacobrafan said:

Interesting, have to try again for more conclusive results. I completely agree on the ever-present issue of bullet sponge 109s as long you use machine guns...

E 109 do not have "panzer tail" problem , the other models do.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, airacobrafan said:

I completely agree on the ever-present issue of bullet sponge 109s as long you use machine guns

That is the only option for me in this opening stage of the campaign. I assume the other options will become available later. Bring 'em on!

SAS_Storebror
12 hours ago, ACG_Smokejumper said:

This is evidence of you coming late to the party. Removal of 109 tails by looking at them funny was years not months. Endless conversations on the DM shows you to be willfully ignorant. Literally just posting to be a jerk at this point.

I'd prefer they take their time and fix it instead of the fix breaking even more.

What's wrong with you man?

Did anyone say he'd want the glass tail back?

No. Me neither.

Does the fact that the 109s tail was a PITA for years before make it any better that it's made of concrete, acting like a bullet swallowing wall now?

Did the suffering from the glass tail "for years" buy you a free ride in "concrete mode" for the same time now or what?

What I'm asking for is exactly that: Fix it, don't just break it in a different way.

The fact that there were endless DM conversations is simply because the issues are being brightly ignored, people complaining about it are being bullied like hell, censorship became the call of the day and finally, we're being told to take the discussion "elsewhere" which, according to what happened to said discussions in the relevant threads, means "not on these forums".
Which in summary translates to: The 109's concrete tail is not gonna change. And you just supported that.

So who's the jerk now at this point?

Edited by SAS_Storebror
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 8

• Han unpinned this topic