Han

Game version 4.502 discussion: Hurricane, C-47, Bf-110-E2 in 4K, New G-Effect, Tank Crew and other improvements

Wow, the discussion topic is here before the announcement:biggrin:.

Thank you team and thank you Mr. Catney.

Have a nice day.

:salute:

Edited by FlyingShark

2 mins left, I've been waiting for this since IL BoS was released. Thank you devs!

• Haha 1

That is a HUGE update, many thanks to the team. Several long-standing issues fixed (no more trailing lights for A20's!), and the best looking Hurricane I've ever seen in a sim 😄

• Upvote 1

Thank you for your hard work, devs! And the Hurri is here just in time for a second uk lockdown so I'll be logging a lot of hours in it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

db2328ded5d5108f826f8139429df26d.png

- Hurricane released

- Repeat please?
- Hurricane released!

Edited by LF_Gallahad
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 10
  • Upvote 2

Also, don't forget @AnPetrovich. Big salute for the work done with the Gs and the rest of the team. We are the first sim to have such detail. Congratulations!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

I can confirm all three levels of zoom are working with Pimax (no parallel projection needed). Splendid, guys. Great work!

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Pretty amazed at how such a complex system, as outlined in that fascinatingly nerdy and educational dev post #263 ends up reduced to one line in the change log:

4. Pilot physiology modeling has been improved significantly. This is described in detail in the Developers Diary #263;

I wonder what else we aren't noticing?

Huge:

68. 18 new target locations added for the following mission types in Rheinland Career: Ground Forces Support, Enemy Troops Concentration Attack, Enemy Troops Concentration Bombing Strike, Railway Junction Attack and Railway Junction Bombing Strike.

Potentially huge:

54. An AI issue that could cause a fighter AI to be unable to engage a slowly moving target flying in a circle has been fixed;

Might allow us to use the He-111's twin forward firing 20mm cannons to full effect?:

55. An AI issue that could cause excessive error in aiming the forward firing armament at ground and air targets (especially in a frontal aerial attack) has been eliminated;

Huge (possible someday for aircraft gunners??!):

18. AI gunners use bracketing the target with fire when engaging the ground targets both for the range and (if the target is moving or there is a wind) the azimuth error. The size of the initial aiming error depends on the AI level, distance, target speed and wind;
19. Ground AI gunners now have a certain delay in detecting and starting aiming at a new target depending on the AI level, distance and density of the group of enemy targets;
20. Ground AI vehicles return the turret and/or gun to the traveling position only after a considerable time after the destruction or disappearance of the last enemy target from the field of view;

Interesting:

28. 13mm German and 12.7mm Italian machine guns are no longer loaded with HE ammo only due to a bug;

30. A circular limit of the movable aiming mark of the Mk IID and K-14A gyro reticles has been implemented. The mark also bounces and stops at the working range boundary when the gyro mirror reaches its stop;

1 minute ago, Avimimus said:

Pretty amazed at how such a complex system, as outlined in that fascinatingly nerdy and educational dev post #263 ends up reduced to one line in the change log:

4. Pilot physiology modeling has been improved significantly. This is described in detail in the Developers Diary #263;

Knock it off. We devoted an entire DD to the issue. Take your conspiracy theories elsewhere.

Jason

• Like 8
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 12

Until I saw today's pics of the Hurri and C-47 I didn't know I was waiting for them to complete my new simming computer.

Can't wait any longer.

Absolutely beautiful . . . .

• Upvote 2

Oh man, just started a server in FC-land to play with new g effects. Great job guys this is really cool! I love it so far.

Much gratitude to the devs, you deserve so much praise for the hard work you guys do!

Edited by Lemsip
  • Like 1

You have done it again Devs! I think we will all be Blown Away by the Hurricane!

Good stuff !!! :good:

Yet another great update, Hurri, for sure, but the Dakota was a nice surprise, plus all the other great stuff. KV-1 getting a new additional skin is appreciated as it's probably my favorite tank. I stood next to one once and was awestruck at their size and how far ahead of their time they were.

Left my joystick at home so the test flight will have to wait...

3 minutes ago, =5GIAP=Eeafanas said:

Show the new KV-1c skin, I can't log in to the game myself...(

Spoiler

fba7666ec77713e4f79959e5f236c3ac.jpg

• Like 2

is only one out of two landing lights suppose to be working on hurricane? or second one is decorative only?

44. Incorrect (missing) armor value of the armored glass visor and headrest has been fixed for La-5FN;

Awesome!

28. 13mm German and 12.7mm Italian machine guns are no longer loaded with HE ammo only due to a bug;

Poor MC202 got neutered even more now 😄  However, dare I say the MC202 will be capable of delivering a PK from the dead 6?

Great news for the reds in regards to 109's 13mm, it is a devastating weapon for such a small caliber.

48. The A-20B tail lamp no longer visibly detaches from the aircraft at a significant distance from the observer;

It was a long wait for this fix. Excellent, kudos to devs!

Edited by 69th_Didney_World
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, OBT-Lionel said:

Improvement of visibility ?

We've already changed the visibility in a previous update. No further changes are planned.

Jason

• Sad 3
  • Upvote 10

It's incredible to see how game breaking showstopper issues like the indestructible 109 tail and the completely nerfed, ineffective cal .50s remain untouched for more than seven months (!!!) now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 9

Mehr als gute Arbeit einfach Toll 

Danke an das Team!

Holy smokes! There is a ton of good items in this update -- thanks so much! :)

7 minutes ago, SAS_Storebror said:

It's incredible to see how game breaking showstopper issues like the indestructible 109 tail and the completely nerfed, ineffective cal .50s remain untouched for more than seven months (!!!) now.

I imagine a lot of time, effort and resources were put into improving the G-effects. Maybe now that this is complete, we will see the issues you mentioned fixed sooner rather than later.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Tipsi said:

I imagine a lot of time, effort and resources were put into improving the G-effects. Maybe now that this is complete, we will see the issues you mentioned fixed sooner rather than later.

We are not adjusting damage at this time. Last post on this topic in this thread. Take it elsewhere.

Jason

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 3

Great update, really looking forward to new physiology model... And Hurricane ofcourse.

Just: 29. USAAF pilots wear G-suits only when piloting P-47D-22, P-51D-15 and P-38J-25 in September 1944 or later;

I think do it as "plane modification" would be much clearer and transparent solution. This can lead to some MP server hidden machinations...

Edited by CSW_Hot_Dog
  • Upvote 9