VoiceAttack profile for Great Battles

About:  This profile is for the communications menu only.  It allows voice command of everything under the ~ menu, Pilot gestures, Flight leader orders, and Gunner.  I use a Warthog HOTAS for everything else.

IL-2 GB ver: Tested with 3.012c.  May not work with earlier versions.

Installation: Unzip to the directory of your choice and then use the VA import menu item to import the IL-2 Great Battles-Profile.vap profile.

Notes: Some voice commands may respond to two words, like Gunner or gunners and Command or radio.  Look at the profile for those.

I've tested it but let me know if you find any bugs.  Please let me know if the GB comms menu items are extended and I will update this profile.

Usage: Press whatever transmit button you use (I use Joystick 2, button 3) and say "command" or "radio" to open the Communications menu.  Alternately, program a button on your HOTAS to open the comms menu (~).  Then press transmit and say, "Flight, Orders, Attack nearest air targets" or "Flight, Orders, Cover me" or "Flight, Formation, Go edge right".

Disclaimer: Use at your own risk.  The author is not responsible for misuse or your personal actions.  Free to distribute as per the VoiceAttack EULA.

VoiceAttack software available at: https://www.voiceattack.com/

Enjoy.
Most flight sim forums and Discord @chipwich

IL-2 Great Battles-Profile.zip

Edited by chipwich
Added additional information and a readne to the zip archive.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

• 6 months later...
On 10/29/2019 at 7:10 PM, =BES=Savage-6 said:

Why not just do direct orders instead of opening menus?  I have ones for all wingman orders and don’t have to open any menus.

That sounds great @Senor_Jefe-6. Please ink yours, so that we can try it out.

Edited by chipwich
Replied to wrong user.

• 2 weeks later...
=BES=Senor_Jefe
On 11/3/2019 at 3:00 PM, chipwich said:

That sounds great @=BES=Savage-6.  Please ink yours, so that we can try it out.

I'm not with my computer for awhile, but it should be pretty straightforward.  Look for the key bindings for wingman orders in settings, then map those to custom VA phrases.  I thing they're still a combination of ctrl+numbers or alt+numbers. Doing this, you can skip opening menus and say something like "Flight, return to formation" or "Flight, search for air targets" to get them to continue mission or patrol for air target commands.  I even use phrases outside of exact matches to the command to ones I can more easily remember, such as "Flight, R T B".

I used this link: http://dangerdogz.com/forums/topic/11109-keyboard-commands/

• 3 weeks later...
=BES=Senor_Jefe
On 11/30/2019 at 12:47 PM, chipwich said:

Thanks @Senor_Jefe-6. Of course you are correct, but if you link yours, we won’t have to build it again. Please link the one you that you spoke of in your original post 😀

Okay, no problem. I'll try to remember to do it when I get on in a few hours.

=BES=Senor_Jefe
On 12/2/2019 at 12:17 AM, 361st_Bugsy said:

Lol I guess he forgot!

100% did.  That, and I've had a really horrible string of TAW missions so I kept the computer off for a few days in fear of breaking the damn thing.  Anyway, i've had to attach a snip-it instead of the actual file due to forum restrictions (sorry!), but you should be able to duplicate pretty easily off of this.

image.png.323335e8ae41017bc013d3a6dcf12a34.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello,

Here a VAP (Voice Attack Profile).

It is done for French speakers. As I mostly used the standard key to generate commands it can easily be adapted to English speaking engine.

Only difficulties is when I have defined compound statement (example poste [1..12]); pay attention when you change words as these words

are used in the programmed part. It is not too difficult to understand what and how to change it.

Attached :

html documentation file with all the commands (attention column names are incorrect only "spoken command" is correct.

vap file : profile to import in VA.

Do not forget to train (several times) your speak engine, you will get better result with Voice attack.

If this can help...

Have fun.IL2BOX_VAP.zip

• Thanks 5

• 1 month later...
336th_Ripper*

Hello Gents, I have not seen too many Voice Attack Profiles for Il2 so I made one that is very comprehensive including Macro's of different phases of flight (e.g P51 Before taxi, P-38 After Takeoff and the pesky engine start for the Me262!)

I made the macro's especially because flap settings and travel times vary depending which airplane you use. V1 includes Macro's for the P-51D-15, P38J-25, P-47D-28, Me262 and the Spitfire Flaps along with others Macro's. I also included a read me and HTML file that will allow you to see all the Voice Attack Commands. 

For the most part I use default Key Commands, and those that are not are mentioned in my Read ME.  Below is also my Excel PDF on the Default Key Commands and just a brief video on the profile in Action with the Me 262.  I have another tutorial video below to setup your own profile. 

If you have any recommendations please post them in this thread. Every now and then I will update the Macro's to include more planes. For those of you unfamiliar with Voice Attack, you can download a free version with limited functionality or the full version for a few dollars https://voiceattack.com

V3 Changelog:

1. Corrected 20 degree flap settings on P51
2. Renamed the P51, P38, P47 to simply 51,38,47 to make it match the logic with the 262 and use less words possible.
3. The P51 has a "Final" flight configuration Macro. It simply brings down the flaps to flap 50, but I wanted to be consistent with all other planes which have it. 
4. The landing light has been removed from the "Before Taxi" Macro. Some players get annoyed by the light. It remains however in the "Before Landing" Macro

V2 Changelog

Corrected P-47D-28 Flap travel for 10 and 20 degrees
Corrected Flap Setting for Full Flaps for the Me 262. it is 55 degrees not 50

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aux8yCChQ6opoV2WVDthANjphdDp?e=mhcINB

Edited by 336th_Ripper*
Updated to V3
  • Thanks 3

Charlo-VR

Bump for others to notice Ripper's very cool work above!  Other VR pilots may have their attention focused these last few days elsewhere in the forums... 😉

Does you Voice Attack profile include commands to wing men and the tower?  That would be super useful and fits well into how we would use radios in WWII.  I'd consider it the equivalent of sending a flare in Flying Circus.

336th_Ripper*

Thanks Charlo, I just updated it to Version 2. Corrections are in the Read me Change Log and the first post

Edited by 361st_Ripper*
  • Like 1

Charlo-VR

Very nice!  I finally checked out the HTML file (always a handy file with Voice Attack) and I see the flares accounted for - cool! 

Sooo... are you planning to add Flight leader orders?  I know I could take the time to add them to my own copy of what you created, but even during these quarantine times (I'm in Los Angeles) my work has recently kept me even busier than before, and I'd have to teach myself again how to program a Voice Attack profile 😛

Charlo-VR

Oh sure, that makes sense, especially since flying MP with mates doesn’t have much use for SP wingmen commands :salute:

336th_Ripper*

@Charlo-VR You can copy the commands from @chipwich to mine. You simply copy each command from one profile to another. If it is ok @chipwich I will merge his with mine. Assuming his are done with default commands.

Edited by 361st_Ripper*

Charlo-VR

Thanks for that link to chipwich's VA profile!  At a glance over the keys sent in his they don't appear to be the default commands for current IL-2 GB as you list in your very handy  IL2 BOX Default Key Commands v4.001.  In chipwich's vap I see in the Actions the use of function keys instead of the RAlt, RCtl, LAlt, LCtl, and LSht defaults. 

I'll ask him about that in his thread you recommended - perhaps I simply don't understand how he built it.

• Upvote 1

Charlo-VR

Hi Chipwich,

At a glance over the keys sent in your vap I see in the Actions the use of function keys instead of the default commands RAlt, RCtl, LAlt, LCtl, and LSht for current IL-2 GB.

Is there something I am misunderstanding about how your vap should work in 4.x versions of IL-GB?  Or has this vap not been updated to the 4.x defaults (I was away from simming these last 4 years and restarted this March).

• 4 weeks later...

Nicely done @361st_Ripper*.  When I made mine, it seemed like no one else was using VA for IL2 GB.  Yours is much greater developed and I can see the benefit of using it for bomber missions when you would be calling commands to your co-pilot.  No problem with using my profile.  I need to develop it further, but very happy to donate any part of it to your project.

Edited by chipwich
  • Upvote 1

On 5/3/2020 at 6:47 PM, Charlo-VR said:

Hi Chipwich,

At a glance over the keys sent in your vap I see in the Actions the use of function keys instead of the default commands RAlt, RCtl, LAlt, LCtl, and LSht for current IL-2 GB.

Is there something I am misunderstanding about how your vap should work in 4.x versions of IL-GB?  Or has this vap not been updated to the 4.x defaults (I was away from simming these last 4 years and restarted this March).

Hey @Charlo-VR, it's an attempt to follow the communications menu, so that if you were using those often, the transition to voice control would be more logical.  But I see the benefit of using the direct key stroke method instead of following the menus.  I'm pretty busy right now with work, so can't get to it for probably a week or two.  But, I will create a new one that should be ready by the end of June latest.  Perhaps use some of @KpaxBos French script above (thanks), or if you are still around @=BES=Senor_Jefe, please attach your profile as a Zip file instead of image, so I can work from that. Cheers.

• Upvote 1

336th_Ripper*

@chipwich Thanks, for now summer is upon us so I am outdoors lately but yes on rainy days I can expand mine to include yours.

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello Gents with Summer over, I have every intention of binding all the default key Commands for iL2 in my next update. I am still just a bit busy at the moment, but stay tuned. If any of you are familiar with the DCS Bailey's Voice Attack profile, my new one will resemble his. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/9/2019 at 2:51 PM, =BES=Senor_Jefe said:

100% did.  That, and I've had a really horrible string of TAW missions so I kept the computer off for a few days in fear of breaking the damn thing.  Anyway, i've had to attach a snip-it instead of the actual file due to forum restrictions (sorry!), but you should be able to duplicate pretty easily off of this.

image.png.323335e8ae41017bc013d3a6dcf12a34.png

All u have to do is zip the file

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...
alvysinger

Hi  guys,

i recently got my quest2, and yesterday trying to figure out how to manage the keys without having to get out

of VR i came to the voiceattack software and your post. I have already paid for the software, and was currently

looking at Ripper's great key excell sheet.

I was wondering if you could reupload the VA profile, as its not available anymore. Im spanish speaker so based on my

tests, my accent and windows TTS is probably not going to work straigthforward but i would like to test yours

if possible ;-)

Regards