Combat Box by Red Flight

ACG_Talisman
7 hours ago, QB.Shallot said:

I'm going to take a swing here and guess that you neglected to mention the near unlimited Spitfire IX's, P-51's, P-38's, etc. Not getting an objectively busted plane, and a brand new super prop that's still being balanced by the map makers in unlimited numbers isn't the end of the world. 

Best of luck against AI that turn circles until the inevitable onset of G-LOC forces them to make peace with mother earth. 

Free to take a swing and also to perhaps miss the point concerning how many Allied aircraft slots are taken up by earlier war aircraft; for example feel free to look at the in-game specifications for the Spit V and Hurricane II and check out the stated combat debut dates for those aircraft compared to the LW aircraft types and numbers available.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Barnacles
Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, =Elite=BlitzPuppet said:

Lately I'm more and more leaning towards the rule of letting people fly whatever they want. 

It worked fine in IL2 1946 as long as the missions were built well by the designer.

I get your point, it's a game and it's for fun and everything, but Finnish does that and you just get tempest v k4 dc spam on the last map, and if you didn't limit 262s, it'd be mainly jets too. That's arguably less fun than having a curb on the planes that get spammed. 

I suppose there's a balance to be struck. 

5 hours ago, ACG_Talisman said:

Free to take a swing and also to perhaps miss the point concerning how many Allied aircraft slots are taken up by earlier war aircraft; for example feel free to look at the in-game specifications for the Spit V and Hurricane II and check out the stated combat debut dates for those aircraft compared to the LW aircraft types and numbers available.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Those 'slots' don't cost anything, so there could be 800 sopwith camels and it wouldn't make a difference unless people fly them. 

Looking at the stats so far this month, the Tempest is actually the second most flown allied plane by flight time. The spit XIV is just behind the IX but ahead of the p47. Which isn't bad seeing as quite a large percentage of the population won't own it as it's a pre order plane. 

I get your point about that, if you look at it as an "us v them" situation, you can look at quite a few planes that get a lot less scrutiny than the tempest, but I'd argue that given it's second only to the mustang in hours flown, there's plenty of tempests to go around. I've certainly always been able to fly one, and I've got a 2 month old kid so I can hardly pick and choose the time I fly. 

Screenshot_20210504_150527_com.android.chrome.jpg

Edited by Barnacles
  • Upvote 5
=Elite=BlitzPuppet
2 hours ago, Barnacles said:

I get your point, it's a game and it's for fun and everything, but Finnish does that and you just get tempest v k4 dc spam on the last map, and if you didn't limit 262s, it'd be mainly jets too. That's arguably less fun than having a curb on the planes that get spammed.

I honestly have an issue with how Finnish limits them too.  People should be able to fly what they want to fly as long as it's period correct.  I can say from experience from playing the previous iteration of Modded IL2 1946 that people fly what they want to fly.  Just having a 262 doesn't mean everyone will fly it just like having Tempests available doesn't mean everyone will fly them.

I used this example in the Finnish thread too, but SoV and other servers in 1946 had plenty of missions with ME163s, 262s, 109s and 190s going up against AI B17s (ah, dreams of planes with 4 engines) protected by player P51, p47s, and p38s.  No one complained and would just play and have fun, it was period correct and every plane had it's pros and cons and people adapt accordingly.

And I feel your pain, I have a 4 month old. It is frustrating hopping in the server to fly for a little bit and not being able to fly planes that are locked out because they're all either in the air or were all shot down already because I didn't hop on the server right after a map change.

I know everyone is hesitant to see more 262s added for fear of them dominating the server, and I get that, but I really feel that having more 262s available to fly will just result in more people being able to fly them and have a negligible effect on which side wins the monthly tour.

Aurora_Stealth
19 minutes ago, =Elite=BlitzPuppet said:

I honestly have an issue with how Finnish limits them too.  People should be able to fly what they want to fly as long as it's period correct.  I can say from experience from playing the previous iteration of Modded IL2 1946 that people fly what they want to fly.  Just having a 262 doesn't mean everyone will fly it just like having Tempests available doesn't mean everyone will fly them.

I used this example in the Finnish thread too, but SoV and other servers in 1946 had plenty of missions with ME163s, 262s, 109s and 190s going up against AI B17s (ah, dreams of planes with 4 engines) protected by player P51, p47s, and p38s.  No one complained and would just play and have fun, it was period correct and every plane had it's pros and cons and people adapt accordingly.

And I feel your pain, I have a 4 month old. It is frustrating hopping in the server to fly for a little bit and not being able to fly planes that are locked out because they're all either in the air or were all shot down already because I didn't hop on the server right after a map change.

I know everyone is hesitant to see more 262s added for fear of them dominating the server, and I get that, but I really feel that having more 262s available to fly will just result in more people being able to fly them and have a negligible effect on which side wins the monthly tour.

I sympathise with you (and see both sides of the coin) but the fact is it will still encourage more one sided situations and that's going a bit against the DNA of the server in my opinion.

One of the reasons people keeping coming back to the CB server is the relative balance in the aircraft set / gameplay; you can switch to another server and get a different "flavour" of gameplay for more diversity - but on CB it might upset what many people are used to.

I don't entirely disagree though, when you have a fairly mature group of players like there was during times in IL2 '46, people chose fairly carefully and won't always take the top end choices. But there are waves of new players joining this game, including online; and as soon as you open the gates people will use what's available and if they can get away with something - they will. Its human nature.

It's also more complicated than the number of kills / damage or performance from these aircraft - its psychological, when people hear that significant numbers of 262's are in the sky (whether or not they encounter them); people will moan about Axis bias or will complain they don't have the Gloster Meteor etc... and it goes on and on, creates bad blood and then some people get bitter and blame the server.

Basically, its a delicate balancing act to keep people happy and also keep things authentic.

ACG_Talisman
3 hours ago, Barnacles said:

Those 'slots' don't cost anything, so there could be 800 sopwith camels and it wouldn't make a difference unless people fly them. 

Looking at the stats so far this month, the Tempest is actually the second most flown allied plane by flight time. The spit XIV is just behind the IX but ahead of the p47. Which isn't bad seeing as quite a large percentage of the population won't own it as it's a pre order plane. 

I get your point about that, if you look at it as an "us v them" situation, you can look at quite a few planes that get a lot less scrutiny than the tempest, but I'd argue that given it's second only to the mustang in hours flown, there's plenty of tempests to go around. I've certainly not not been able to fly one, and I've got a 2 month old kid so I can hardly pick and choose the time I fly. 

Folks might get lucky to fly the Allied lead prop-driven performance aircraft from Supermarine and Hawker from 1944/45 now and then, but just imagine an organised Allied squad trying to get enough of these aircraft available for them all to fly together as a squadron in the same aircraft when numbers are so limited.  A squad could try for weeks and even then it appears impossibly difficult to get everyone flying the same aircraft, yet there are plenty of lead prop-driven top performance FW (190-D) and Bf 109 (K-4) to go around for numerous LW squads to regularly freely mount up and go fly together with next to no problems.  Fly to your hearts content as a squad with squadron strength numbers and tactics in the lead prop-driven aircraft if you fly LW, but forget such things if you would like to fly RAF Allied.   And believe me, those wasted Hurricane II and Spitfire V slots most certainly do cost something.  The bottom line is that the CB server is just not Allied RAF squad friendly in an even handed way between the sides.   Surely it would be better and fair to have the same number of slots available for each side for their respective lead prop-driven performance aircraft of the period.

Happy landings,

Talisman

RedKestrel
1 hour ago, =Elite=BlitzPuppet said:

The thing is, higher numbers of 262 were at one point available on the server, back when things were relatively new. So we can see what happens to the server. They may not have been unlimited but there was always plenty around.

I may not be remembering 100% accurately here but it was pretty start over the summer of 2019. After a month of extra interest (June 2019)  It became unfun for most people to play on the Allied side because there was nothing that could compete with the jets - they were already dealing with K-4s and D-9s while flying Spit IXs and P-47s. So Allied numbers tanked, and the axis pilots got bored and their numbers tanked as well because there was no one to shoot down with the uber planes. By August the server was down to 400 players per month. It wasn't the only reason but it was a big one. Even once things were re-balanced it took a while for people to come back - really only happened when the Mustang and Tempest were released.

So the result of allowing more 262s has, in the past, been a nearly empty server with no fun for anyone. There's a reason why almost no one runs a server with unlimited or even less restricted 262s.

• Upvote 2
Barnacles
Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, ACG_Talisman said:

Folks might get lucky to fly the Allied lead prop-driven performance aircraft from Supermarine and Hawker from 1944/45 now and then, but just imagine an organised Allied squad trying to get enough of these aircraft available for them all to fly together as a squadron in the same aircraft when numbers are so limited.  A squad could try for weeks and even then it appears impossibly difficult to get everyone flying the same aircraft, yet there are plenty of lead prop-driven top performance FW (190-D) and Bf 109 (K-4) to go around for numerous LW squads to regularly freely mount up and go fly together with next to no problems.  Fly to your hearts content as a squad with squadron strength numbers and tactics in the lead prop-driven aircraft if you fly LW, but forget such things if you would like to fly RAF Allied.   And believe me, those wasted Hurricane II and Spitfire V slots most certainly do cost something.  The bottom line is that the CB server is just not Allied RAF squad friendly in an even handed way between the sides.   Surely it would be better and fair to have the same number of slots available for each side for their respective lead prop-driven performance aircraft of the period.

Happy landings,

Talisman

It certainly is a doozie, your squads' predicament. It is clearly any unfair situation, and I'm at a loss how, with the current mechanics of how map making works, they could cater for your needs, as well as ensuring the map isn't full of an disproportionate amount of what should be a rather less numerically significant aircraft, because people see it as a meta plane. Maybe you could ask fans of the 110G2 how they managed with their plane?

;)

As a compromise, you could suggest to the map makers that they have the occasional map where there are no limits to any aircraft. I personally would not like this, but I am just one of a number of opinions on the subject, and I think a large proportion of people don't really care about any semblance to historical representativeness, so maybe they should have it their way for once? IDK it's a decision for the admins.

In the meanwhile, what I recommend, if you can:. Wait until the map rolls, and have your squad choose the rearmost base with Tempests, and get in there ASAP. If there are 6+ of you take off from two different bases and RV somewhere. That should make the best of a not ideal situation.

Edited by Barnacles
  • Haha 1
VBF-12_Snake9

The largest problem with the 262 is it sucks all your S.A.  Every bit of it.  Once you put eyes on one, its not wise to take your eyes off.  The closing speed is just too much.  Add the fact that sometimes 262s are working together with k4s and d9s and your done.  Most the time its the props that get you because all the attention is on the jet.  

• Upvote 3
41Sqn_Riksen
2 hours ago, Barnacles said:

It certainly is a doozie, your squads' predicament. It is clearly any unfair situation, and I'm at a loss how, with the current mechanics of how map making works, they could cater for your needs, as well as ensuring the map isn't full of an disproportionate amount of what should be a rather less numerically significant aircraft, because people see it as a meta plane. Maybe you could ask fans of the 110G2 how they managed with their plane?

;)

As a compromise, you could suggest to the map makers that they have the occasional map where there are no limits to any aircraft. I personally would not like this, but I am just one of a number of opinions on the subject, and I think a large proportion of people don't really care about any semblance to historical representativeness, so maybe they should have it their way for once? IDK it's a decision for the admins.

In the meanwhile, what I recommend, if you can:. Wait until the map rolls, and have your squad choose the rearmost base with Tempests, and get in there ASAP. If there are 6+ of you take off from two different bases and RV somewhere. That should make the best of a not ideal situation.

I agrde with Barns in this one but I understand how bad it can be for a RAF squadron @ACG_Talisman. We struggle with the same issue when we connect to a server only to find out that all MkXIV have already been used up. There are just very few of them on each base and if you dont connect to the server at the very beginning of the map, there is very low chance all pilots in the squadron can get one. Still, I prefer to have some sort of limitation to these airframes than having unlimited or large numbers of certain planes in the map in order to avoid absurd spam of top tiers planes. We dont want to turn every single mission into Tempest vs K4s like we see already with 110s which were not even there but yet we see 9 of 10 attackers on the LW side being 110s.

• Upvote 3
VBF-12_KW

Fortunately for any RAF themed squad the Spit IX and Mustang IV are basically unlimited, and I imagine the Typhoon and Mustang III will be as well.

I’d bet we could come up with a nice, historical spring 1945 scenario built around Tempest/Spit XIV vs K4/D9 that would make for a good map that Alonzo could be convinced to make.

Alonzo

I have a spreadsheet of all the aircraft in each mission but it's manual to update it, so it's out of date. I can script it instead based on the actual missions, and then the admin team can take a look and tweak aircraft numbers.

Unlimited isn't what we're going for on the server. Individual pilots might not realize it, but throwing away airframes hurts their side. That's as it should be. It's also boring for everything to turn into top-dog vs top-dog spam.

Regarding the 262, other pilots have given good answers already above. There are regular 262 unlocks on Combat Box, the jet hunting pilots have continued to have a field day bombing unprotected jets on the ground. P-38 and now even the P-47 have claimed bomb kills against the 262.

• Thanks 1
Otto_bann
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Alonzo said:

... Unlimited isn't what we're going for on the server. Individual pilots might not realize it, but throwing away airframes hurts their side. That's as it should be. It's also boring for everything to turn into top-dog vs top-dog spam...

Too much guys use this server (R.F) like a pure dogfight server only when it's a server for ground attacks 1st... Just open the map or read the brief for to see the obvious but... it don't exist worse blinds that guys who don't want to see 😆

Edited by Otto_bann
Alonzo
On 5/6/2021 at 11:02 AM, Otto_bann said:

Too much guys use this server (R.F) like a pure dogfight server only when it's a server for ground attacks 1st... Just open the map or read the brief for to see the obvious but... it don't exist worse blinds that guys who don't want to see 😆

We support lots of different play styles. It's always been our goal for people who want to fly ground attack and people who want to fly fighters to find something interesting on our missions. For example, several missions feature Ai air targets so fighter pilots can get a chance to gain victory points for their side and feel like they're contributing to the success of the mission. We also have several bigger / industrial targets on most maps, to give level bombers a chance to fly in that style too. So I wouldn't say we're a server with any particular play style favored over another. We make an interesting sandbox and we hope pilots enjoy playing in it, whatever style they want to play.

On the topic of plane sets, we're opening up the Spitfire XIV in bigger numbers, about a 50% boost in airframes (or more) across all of our maps. This change is going live over the next few hours. @ACG_Talisman

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5
Bernard_IV

Plane limits make it more fun.  I fly both sides.  The XIV kind of on par with the Mustang so I don't think it is a server breaker.

• Upvote 2
=69.GIAP=VLADI
Posted (edited)

Hi all, can anyone please explain to me in detail how to fly a recon mission in combat box? Thanks 

Edited by =69.GIAP=VLADI
Bernard_IV

Circle over the area for a few minutes when it says so. 

Bernard_IV
15 hours ago, =69.GIAP=VLADI said:

in detail

You fly out at 10,000 feet or something over the area designated to be searched.  A message will pop up telling you to stay over what you have found, so circle it for a minute or two and then you will get a message that it has been found and the new target will pop up on the map.  

• Like 1
DN308
Posted (edited)

@JG7_X-Man Monty always said that the weather wasn’t good.

It was in England, not Holland. So Luftwaffe was able to operate more than the RAF at a moment.

If Monty was not satisfied with the weather and the fact that the old chaps with bad guns were in fact ss troops from the 9th panzer division, it would have to better plan his operation.

Just like in Normandy with Caen, etc.

Ok, I don’t really like that man (Monty)

Edited by DN308
=69.GIAP=VLADI
2 hours ago, Bernard_IV said:

You fly out at 10,000 feet or something over the area designated to be searched.  A message will pop up telling you to stay over what you have found, so circle it for a minute or two and then you will get a message that it has been found and the new target will pop up on the map.  

Thanks!

• Like 1
VBF-12_KW
On 5/7/2021 at 2:09 PM, =69.GIAP=VLADI said:

Hi all, can anyone please explain to me in detail how to fly a recon mission in combat box? Thanks 

The recon area you have to be in is a sphere (I believe roughly 3-4km in radius).  If you’re at higher altitude you have to be right on top of the target and stay there to get the recon accomplished.  If you’re down low you can be a little further away from the target.

• Like 1
Alonzo
15 hours ago, VBF-12_KW said:

The recon area you have to be in is a sphere (I believe roughly 3-4km in radius).  If you’re at higher altitude you have to be right on top of the target and stay there to get the recon accomplished.  If you’re down low you can be a little further away from the target.

Yep, this is right. Originally you could be at any altitude above the target, but that wasn't really much fun -- you could just fly super high and be immune from enemy players and flak. With the 'sphere' detection zone instead it's more like your pilot is doing actual visual recon, so there's a practical limit of about 2.5 - 3km (8,000 - 10,000 feet). If you are inside the recon zone you will get a white message on screen as well as a radio call over SRS -- you are on SRS, right? -- and if you then go too far from the target you'll get another white message and another radio call to tell you to go back. @=69.GIAP=VLADI

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Otto_bann

Hi Alonzo,

We got a problen to register some new guys in our team this month (Escadrille C6 Friends (C6)).

All new links created don't work on stat system (we get this : https://goopics.net/i/JqrxR ).

An idea to fix this?

Thanks / OB

Alonzo
5 hours ago, Otto_bann said:

All new links created don't work on stat system

What do the links look like? I think they are broken somehow. Try replacing the beginning of the link (before /squad) with www.combatbox.net

Otto_bann
Posted (edited)

Below the 3 last tries sent to me by the friend C6_PetiO :

http:///fr/squad/join/112/Fa8SBlEJ3l2eiMT5LGR2tfORVNlgSkQWpnmQG7er/

http:///fr/squad/join/112/dOXWx6cwe2XtHr9iCFDP9sPlxkepV61Vr3KgaRHv/

http:///fr/squad/join/112/5yZbXAU8iOhHew1Wgk0zUlhPcZZs3PLQ9YcBNWYq/

Edit : tried like this and a couple other but it doesn't works :

https://www.combatbox.net/squad/join/112/Fa8SBlEJ3l2eiMT5LGR2tfORVNlgSkQWpnmQG7er/

My goal with few other guys is to integrate this squad : https://combatbox.net/fr/squad/112/C6/?tour=34

Edited by Otto_bann
Alonzo
2 hours ago, Otto_bann said:

Try: https://www.combatbox.net/fr/squad/join/112/Fa8SBlEJ3l2eiMT5LGR2tfORVNlgSkQWpnmQG7er/

I'm sorry about the fact that this is broken. The stats system has a lot of moving pieces and the recent mods to it -- really cool stuff like Ironman mode -- unfortunately means even more moving parts to maintain.

Otto_bann

Hi Alonzo and thanks for your help,

Alas, I get this by your new link (error 525) :

image.png

Alonzo

Friday Night Flights is back this week, and @Sketch has created some super interesting targets in the snowy mountains of the Kuban map. FNF is Friday evening US time, and Saturday evening Europe time. See our Discord channel #fnf-announcements for more information and the sign-up link. This is your chance to take part in an organized confrontation between the two factions, complete with mission brief/debrief, flights and flight leads, and SRS radio communications. It doesn't get more realistic than this!

DBCOOPER011

FYI,

Getting "downloading files from server" message and cant enter the game, even after an extended period of time waiting for it to load. Got into many other servers though. I believe it may be the server. Thanks

RedKestrel
2 hours ago, DBCOOPER011 said:

FYI,

Getting "downloading files from server" message and cant enter the game, even after an extended period of time waiting for it to load. Got into many other servers though. I believe it may be the server. Thanks

Sometimes when this happens you have to go into the multiplayer dogfight mission files directory and delete the mission files stored in the ‘alonzo’ folder, one may be corrupted and causing this for you. Just be cautious when going into the game files.

CSW_Hot_Dog
Posted (edited)

After week off, there is another Saturday Encore Flight, this time with special mission dynamic when the Axis attacks strategic targets in the mountains while Allieds are task to protect the area. There will be RADAR station helping with defens tasks. Come and see!

Early recon photo of Ivan Logging Site

unknown.png

Early Recon of Dima Logging Site

unknown.png

SATURDAY ENCORE FLIGHTS

SeF Date/Time: Saturday, May the 15, 19:00 GMT (21:00 CET)

Server: Combat Box FnF and SeF

Comms: IL2 SRS

REGISTRATION PAGE: https://campbell20.github.io/Friday-Night-Flights-Pilot-Roster/SeFindex.html

SRS INSTALLATION: https://github.com/ciribob/IL2-SimpleRadioStandalone/releases/latest

Please note: All participants must be on and use SRS.

After setting up airfields at Agoy and Lazarev, Axis Command has decided to make a push against the wood industries in the South of Kuban. Allied refugees and troops from the coast are being transported via rail to Khan City while in pursuit of the 8th mobile infantry. Meanwhile, the 66th have set up radar to help support the Allied defense, but radar is limited in the mountain ranges where Axis intend to strike...Can the Axis destroy enough objectives within the limited time frame (2 hours) or can the Allies hold them off with the use of radar? Sign up now to find out!

Planes:

P51 vs Bf109K4

SpitfireXIV vs Fw190D9

P47D22 vs Fw190A6

P47D28 vs Bf110G2

Get Skins Here: https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/70078-haluter%E2%80%99s-skin-downloader-for-the-il-2-sturmovik-great-battles-series/

SRS install guide: https://youtu.be/QQdAvhjZPvg

Specail thanks to Alonzo, Sketch and other CombatBox admins for providing resources for these actions for us!

Edited by CSW_Hot_Dog
  • Like 2
rogueblade
3 hours ago, CSW_Hot_Dog said:

After week off, there is another Saturday Encore Flight, this time with special mission dynamic when the Axis attacks strategic targets in the mountains while Allieds are task to protect the area. There will be RADAR station helping with defens tasks. Come and see!

Early recon photo of Ivan Logging Site

unknown.png

Early Recon of Dima Logging Site

unknown.png

SATURDAY ENCORE FLIGHTS

SeF Date/Time: Saturday, May the 15, 19:00 GMT (21:00 CET)

Server: Combat Box FnF and SeF

Comms: IL2 SRS

REGISTRATION PAGE: https://campbell20.github.io/Friday-Night-Flights-Pilot-Roster/SeFindex.html

SRS INSTALLATION: https://github.com/ciribob/IL2-SimpleRadioStandalone/releases/latest

Please note: All participants must be on and use SRS.

After setting up airfields at Agoy and Lazarev, Axis Command has decided to make a push against the wood industries in the South of Kuban. Allied refugees and troops from the coast are being transported via rail to Khan City while in pursuit of the 8th mobile infantry. Meanwhile, the 66th have set up radar to help support the Allied defense, but radar is limited in the mountain ranges where Axis intend to strike...Can the Axis destroy enough objectives within the limited time frame (2 hours) or can the Allies hold them off with the use of radar? Sign up now to find out!

Planes:

P51 vs Bf109K4

SpitfireXIV vs Fw190D9

P47D22 vs Fw190A6

P47D28 vs Bf110G2

Get Skins Here: https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/70078-haluter%E2%80%99s-skin-downloader-for-the-il-2-sturmovik-great-battles-series/

SRS install guide: https://youtu.be/QQdAvhjZPvg

Specail thanks to Alonzo, Sketch and other CombatBox admins for providing resources for these actions for us!

Aw man would love to take part in this one, sounds awesome. But I've reserved all my gaming time this weekend (and probably the next many weekends) to the release of the Mass Effect series remaster aka Legendary Edition 😆

CIA_Elanski

Calling it a night.  Going to go watch a movie or watch the cat lick itself.  I haven't been on for a few nights.  Got all set to fly.  Come on and there is an hour left and the map is already dark...SHIT!  Waste and hour then realize the next map is Pukey velukie..... SHIT!  Seriously just crap.  Glad that one person likes that cause most don't.  

What i expect is this.  four or five keyboard pounders will come on forums, ask for something different (really?) then admin say ok and then the four or five aint on to fly that crap map they ask for or the crap time of day they asked for.  You wanna fly in the dark then fire up the home game...  Sorry just what a bunch of crap.

• Upvote 2
SCG_geronim0

What’s so bad about luki? It’s one of the best maps in game imo.

CIA_Elanski

Geronim0,

You just made my point!  Thank you sir.  You just want to troll BS and stir things up.  Read my post.  Forum jokers like you post how wonderful that crap is, ask for stuff the majority dont like and then you dont fly it.   Hmmmm I did not see a flight from you on Combat Box this month.

YUP!  Just keep saying how great that crap is when you fly somewhere else.  The last sortie you flew in here was April 25th.   Yet Pukie map is your favorite.  Dont think so.

I saw several leave last night because it was dark and there was an hour left.  FACT G dude.  Many more complained about the dark.  One guy, Shamrock, liked it.  The majority did not.  

Thanks again G'o

• Upvote 1
QB.Creep

@CIA_Elanski It looks like you posted this on Friday night, which means FnF was pulling people away from the main server. That along with TAW is affecting the population on CB. Variety is the spice of life, friend! Try not to be so angry.

• Like 1
CIA_Elanski

I was telling you that people were stating they were leaving because it was dark.  Got nothing to do with FNF.  People said, "I'm leaving, I can't see anything".  And anger is good dear sir...gets shit done. :)

VBF-12_Snake9

I was on FNF and had a great time.  

But I agree fluky luky sucks.  I leave that map most of the time.  If I wanted to fly russian (which I don't) I would fly WOL.  (which I don't)

I vote with my feet and usually keep my opinion to me and my friends, but hell yall brought it up.  😉

• Like 1
CIA_Luth

combat box is a great server.  i think the mission designers do an awesome job.  also, the admin team do a great job as well.  

having said that,  flying for an hour in darkness sucks.  russian front planesets suck.  im proud and not ashamed to say im an american, and i want to fly american planes, and kick some german butt when possible.  thats why i chose to fly here.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1