-[HRAF]BubiHUN

KNIGHTS OF THE AIR Multiplayer Server

I have an idea.

Maybe players could be given a bit of incentive to spare chutes.   Set the chance to be captured if bailed or ditched behind enemy lines at 75%.  Every captured pilot that was shot down by a player = 25 points to their score.   It would give players a 75% chance per victory of gaining a chute-sparing bonus.  Pilots lost to AAA would be whatever the currently is - if there is one.

But the points, much like the pilot's lives, don't really matter in game. That is essentially handing out 'good behavior' points in a school room and if you get enough points you get a gold star. Shun and shame is more likely to hit home; you'd be surprised how effective telling someone they are being a bad person and ignoring them totally until they stop being bad can be. It is also a lot easier than coming up with all the scripting and code needed to implement a system, you don't even have to go to the effort of kicking them and then go through all this rigamoral on the forums.

Simply make the chute rule clear. Or handle kick situations on unclear rule differently, by explaining and warning first, which is not what I witnessed, at all. It looks simple to me, but for some reason it's apparently complicated and we shouldn't talk about it.

Yesterday's departure of the group of 15 Ju-87 with cover on the server 

1.thumb.jpg.30a42cecd5c3ccf8d5e5b0593d4cc52f.jpg2.thumb.jpg.f6a8e44decbf5ba9f1c694f3f7bb3bff.jpg3.thumb.jpg.04e14df5bc063f2119b13a55e6ca3d8f.jpg4.thumb.jpg.2902e0e071bec458f5d7a756c45245ad.jpg5.thumb.jpg.d2bd574359746d005cf676eadae2938e.jpg6.thumb.jpg.2f913cc34563320e694e6c1d5d198144.jpg7.thumb.jpg.f791d230769cb88ced82dbbb2b49d9d7.jpg

Edited by 1/SG2_Hummels
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, 1/SG2_Hummels said:

Yesterday's departure of the group of 15 Ju-87 with cover on the server 

Hide contents

1.thumb.jpg.30a42cecd5c3ccf8d5e5b0593d4cc52f.jpg2.thumb.jpg.f6a8e44decbf5ba9f1c694f3f7bb3bff.jpg3.thumb.jpg.04e14df5bc063f2119b13a55e6ca3d8f.jpg4.thumb.jpg.2902e0e071bec458f5d7a756c45245ad.jpg5.thumb.jpg.d2bd574359746d005cf676eadae2938e.jpg6.thumb.jpg.2f913cc34563320e694e6c1d5d198144.jpg7.thumb.jpg.f791d230769cb88ced82dbbb2b49d9d7.jpg

That is how you do a bombing run!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, 307_Tomcat said:

😱have to try KOTA 

Sides are more less balanced ?

We discussid this, many times, and we dont want to force players to play what they dont want. I always try to join the outnumbered team. 

1 hour ago, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

We discussid this, many times, and we dont want to force players to play what they dont want. I always try to join the outnumbered team. 

Same here but I noticed that its not a common practice.

And I love how the server isnt biased. Unlike some others. I love this server. Its getting more and more popular, no wonder.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, 307_Tomcat said:

😱have to try KOTA 

Sides are more less balanced ?

It was not the case yesterday, but that was the 1st time I saw that big an issue (1v2 throughout the evening more or less, Europe primetime), out of a few evenings on the server.

Thanks you to all that try to balance numbers, btw.

On 8/23/2018 at 12:38 PM, katdog5 said:

flew kuban summer last night.  thanks enjoyed!  

On 8/23/2018 at 12:46 PM, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

We checked your last sortie, wich says it is ended "In flight". But, the mission was continued for more than 30 mins. 

server went offline right as we were landing

wow strange ok. thanks for checking  

east coast here. my wingman and I (who is on west coast) both were dropped to offline at same time as were were landing, then server did not re-appear..strange.

love the setup.  

18 hours ago, -=PHX=-SuperEtendard said:

A couple interesting missions you guys could make:

-Mock up North Africa missions, with the Summer Stalingrad map it does look desertic enough imho, specially the South-Eastern and North-Eastern parts of the map.

For an early setting, the lineup could be: Bf 109 E-7, MC 202, Bf 110 E, Ju 87 D-3, He 111 H-6 and Ju 88 A-4 vs P-40E and A-20B.
For a mid setting, the Bf 109 F-2, F-4 and Spit Mk Vb could be added.
For a later setting, you could add the Bf 109 Gs, Hs 129, Bf 110 G, Fw 190 A-3 and P-39L.

I know there isn't much variance in the Allied planeset, Hurricanes for the early mission, and late P-40s and early Spit Mk IX would be nice for the late setting but well, still the planes we have are workable imho.

Another mission I was thinking about was one that could make use of the Bodenplatte planes, so I thought of a mid 1944 Eastern Front mock up:

The planes could be Bf 109 G-14, Bf 109 G-6, Fw 190 A-8, Hs 129, Ju 87 D, Ju 88 A-4, He 111 H-16 vs Yak-1B, La-5FN, P-39L, (maybe Spit LF Mk IX?), Pe-2 s87, A-20B, IL-2 1943.

What do you think?

I think it is possible to lock some of the standard skins, as I have seen once in a WoL mission (it looked like a mission designer error though, as it was one random LaGG-3 skin in a particular airfield). But for the North Africa missions you could make it so the Allied planes would only have US-British markings, it would give some immersive factor to it.

Thank you for your idea! I will use this in the very close future!

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

So do I and my teammates.

16 hours ago, Disarray said:

But the points, much like the pilot's lives, don't really matter in game. That is essentially handing out 'good behavior' points in a school room and if you get enough points you get a gold star. Shun and shame is more likely to hit home; you'd be surprised how effective telling someone they are being a bad person and ignoring them totally until they stop being bad can be. It is also a lot easier than coming up with all the scripting and code needed to implement a system, you don't even have to go to the effort of kicking them and then go through all this rigamoral on the forums.

Sorry for a late reply.  

1). I thought points counted towards overall victory on the map if time ran out.

2). I've been shunned, shamed and ignored in other communities, not for in game trolling - mind you, but for playing the game(s) the way I wanted to, not the way they wanted to.

Granted, a sandbox type spaceflight sim is a bit different than IL2, but past experience leaves me feeling that Shun, Shame and Ignore is a rather pessimistic approach.  Maybe a little balance towards getting a cookie for positive behavior wouldn't be so bad - even if it is a token gesture.    

Please do something against intentional ramming of bombers.

I understand someone can´t aim but if chutekilling is forbidden this also should be...

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Ropalcz said:

I understand someone can´t aim but if chutekilling is forbidden this also should be...

Is this really that big of an issue?  Can you post some video of it happening?

3 hours ago, -=AnTifA=-woodrowwilson_pr said:

Is this really that big of an issue?  Can you post some video of it happening?

Just like in wings it always an issue for at least the last 2 years on many servers.,

There are some players who fly in IL2 who always ram bombers and Attackers when they run out of ammo after firing all their ammo at said bomber and mostly missing.
Then they ram you (often if in russian fighter they survive, but the LW bomber/attacker dies). 

i think in 111,88 i been rammed out of sky more than 30% of my crashes)

Also keep in mind

Its ALWAYS the Attacking planes Fault when a Mid air collision or ram occurs.
They are the attacker, The victim has a right to do anything they can to defend themselves (rolls, loops, snap rolls, sudden decel)
and the Victim of the attack cannot be blamed if that action results in attacker hitting them in a mid air.

3 hours ago, Mobile_BBQ said:

Sorry for a late reply.  

1). I thought points counted towards overall victory on the map if time ran out.

No the points are nothing but for player stats and dont help win or lose maps.
That would lead to a WT style gameplay AKA Team Death Match every map is like Air Quake. 
Where everyone flies fighters only as bombing is not required to win by points just kill other team and you will naturally get more points and win. 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, =TBAS=Sshadow14 said:

1) Its ALWAYS the Attacking planes Fault when a Mid air collision or ram occurs.
They are the attacker, The victim has a right to do anything they can to defend themselves (rolls, loops, snap rolls, sudden decel)
and the Victim of the attack cannot be blamed if that action results in attacker hitting them in a mid air.

2) No the points are nothing but for player stats and dont help win or lose maps.
That would lead to a WT style gameplay AKA Team Death Match every map is like Air Quake. 
Where everyone flies fighters only as bombing is not required to win by points just kill other team and you will naturally get more points and win. 

1) Agreed. Nothing like pulling up hard to throw off an attacker hot on your 6 only to get blamed for a collision.

2) Thanks for clarifying. 

I'm starting to come to the realization that when a new server is started, inevitably there will be a group that hurries to get to the beginning of the server's forum thread saying "make these rules or we might not play".  That realization brought forth another realization that I was hovering on the edge of that rabbit hole.  From now on I think I'll keep to posting ideas for map changes and leave the rules to the admins. 

All I ask is that if the admins do decide to take action against a player, that it is based on rules that apply to anybody who are seen acting the same way.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mobile_BBQ said:

All I ask is that if the admins do decide to take action against a player, that it is based on rules that apply to anybody who are seen acting the same way.  

I couldn't agree more, that would just be being consistent.

16 hours ago, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

Good on you for doing that Im trying to do the same as much as possible, but that's imo an issue that should be fixed by game devs by adding a balancing system to allow us not to worry about it.

Also I noticed a campfire howering in the air next to one of the spawns on the Russian side, the map is called Kuban spring 43.

By the way still not planning to update the rules? Normal people like me still understand that respect applies verbally, I still don't see what respect means in terms of actions done in a video game please make it clear because I can garantee it will happen again, I'm not saying it will be me since I now know a bit more your confusing and unclear stance on the previously dicussed issue.

Edited by =FEW=Hauggy
  • Like 1

Main post have been updated!Please read our rules, and our suggestions carefully!

[edited]

Dear Pilots! I'd like to thank you for your all suggestions! We will use them in our new missions! 

Thank you very much for your support, and see you around!

Edited by SYN_Haashashin
Way out of line

So you just can't handle a discussion do you? All you got left is lies and a banhammer to oppose me?

Like I care about your [edited] server, I wouldn't exactly want to get in such a [edited] place ever again.

Edited by SYN_Haashashin
unnecesary

2 hours ago, =FEW=Hauggy said:

So you just can't handle a discussion do you? All you got left is lies and a banhammer to oppose me?

Like I care about your [edited] server, I wouldn't exactly want to get in such a [edited] place ever again.

Your last comment shows your true personality. 
You leave us no choice then. This is a sad day to the IL-2 Great Battles community. 
This nonsense ends here.

Edited by SYN_Haashashin

So all you got against criticisms is invoking so-called respect for trying to discuss an issue and banning me from playing on your server.

As always you're being hypocritical and think you can shut me down in the same shady kind of way that you deleted the discussion we had on your discord again showing your true self and how much you cannot handle any kind or form of criticism.

If you believe I will say sorry because I criticized your way of handling things you're wrong, it's funny to see that you finally decided to listen to us and then decided to ban me because you don't like me.

Respect is so convenient when it only applies to others!

Have a nice day! :)

And good luck!

If that is about the chutekill thing, well.

You can't ban for rules that you put in place afterwards.

I'm sorry but this is not how rules work LOL!

Edited by =FEW=Hauggy

Dude it's their server, you're a guest there. They can pretty much do what they like - new servers are prone to startup troubles like these but it's better if we give a little bit of leeway to let everything settle.

Fundamentally you don't have any rights to a server you don't pay for, so if the admin makes a call you don't like you just gotta live with it if you want to stick around 🤷

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Talon_ said:

Fundamentally you don't have any rights to a server you don't pay for, so if the admin makes a call you don't like you just gotta live with it if you want to stick around 🤷

Amen.  I like this server, but it's borderline ridiculous that there's not an official server of some sort run by the game company.  Almost every other game has official servers in some capacity.  We need a world where chute killing can thrive.

Of course they can do watever the hell they want.

For my part I think I said what I had to say about them and their dishonest way of dealing with me in their dictatorship of a server.

This could have easily been defused on day one.

22 minutes ago, -=AnTifA=-woodrowwilson_pr said:

Amen.  I like this server, but it's borderline ridiculous that there's not an official server of some sort run by the game company.  Almost every other game has official servers in some capacity.  We need a world where chute killing can thrive.

I really don't miss any official servers to be honest - to me it's way better like it is today. Sure they might give a little bit more support to those server admins and

sort some issues out. But frankly, I'm afraid that with official servers people are going to be more nasty and demanding, because (of course!) they are the customers

and they paid for the game - and so they have the right to rant, complain and expect the impossible.

Whereas for the privately operated servers it is less complicated - either you like it and stick with it or you dislike and just leave. Perfect to me.

Cheers

P.S: @KOTA-crew - as already said, I love your server and I really enjoy flying on it. Thanks again for your great effort. Cheerio

• Thanks 2

Good idea explain rules, for some player is needed. Now is more clear. No doubt.

About permanently ban of players, i hope really have a solid reason. I want clarify i dont know all details in this case. But not seems a good way to manage a server , i can understand some kind of reaction , but under my point of view, permanent ban need really be last option , i hope admins really consider all options.

8 minutes ago, kalbuth said:

These admins behavior indeed worries me a lot...

Like I say mate give it a bit of time to settle in IMO. It's not easy running something like this and choosing when and how to enforce rules and these guys have some learning to do. 👍

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Ropalcz said:

You can not know 100% unless the ramming pilot confessed.

The combat is inherently risky business and prone to errors, too.

Then we have network lag artifacts to deal with.

Edited by Ehret

1 minute ago, Ehret said:

No comment :biggrin:

5 minutes ago, Ehret said:

Then we have network lag artifacts to deal with.

This is quite true. I've effectively or constructively rammed bombers in the past when the situation was entirely out of my control. I've had control linkages shot out by the gunners on the bomber making it impossible to not hit the bomber, technically making it the bomber's fault it got hit. I've had bombers turn or roll in such a way as to make a clear exit blocked by big 'ol bomber booty too; and then watched them bang away in chat about being rammed and how it is sooooooo terrible that they got rammed. Now, I'm not 'victim blaming' here, but sometimes it is the victims' fault and I'll totally blame them for it. At the end of the day there is risk associated with these activities, a hint would be all the guns sticking out from the planes. If you can't accept those risks, well..... And look on the bright side, if smashing a fighter into your bomber is the only way they can effect your downfall, at least you took enemy assets with you.

29 minutes ago, Talon_ said:

Like I say mate give it a bit of time to settle in IMO. It's not easy running something like this and choosing when and how to enforce rules and these guys have some learning to do. 👍

I don't know how my next text chat, humour attempt or venting is going to be taken by the local admin next time, and how he's going to invoke an unwritten rule to kick me out because he feels targeted. And how any discussion on a channel they control is going to be deleted.

Honestly, I have read with eyes wide in disbelief the big text in bold requiring a "show of repentance". Repentance? For not following a rule he couldn't be aware of? Are they serious? I'm at loss of words... All written in bolded, colored, named and shamed way and ofc it triggered an ill tempered response, so now they go all white knight "you showed your true colors!"... These latest response don't go in the right direction at all from my PoV, in terms of having some learning to do.

It's sad the whole thing as gone so public, but it has gone so public here because it's the only place where it could happen, as any attempt at discussion with admins has been promptly deleted on their Discord. I literally watch live the Discord messages disappearing.... They can't delete messages here, so if I have a message to pass to them about the issue, it's the only place I have.

I've zero link with Hauggy, that night was litterally the first and only time I talked to him and played alongside him, but, even though I would not chute-kill and I think it's a stupid move, the way I've seen the whole thing unfold, it could very well have been me ending up being treated that way by just saying the wrong words at the wrong times, accidentally crash into another (admin) plane (yes, sorry for some here, but it can totally be accidental), or whatever unknown wrongdoing. Or because I defended someone who "should show repentance" (yeah, I'm still baffled by the audacity :) )! I'm not eager to play somewhere I can get kicked anytime

Edited by kalbuth
  • Like 1

...and now to something completely different ^^

Did you guys have a "prime time" under weeks on this server? last time(s) I visit it was a bit empty

Hi all,

Please keep it civil, both sides of the discussion.

Seems PMs will be sent. I do not like some things I see posted here.

Haash

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Semor76 said:

...and now to something completely different ^^

Did you guys have a "prime time" under weeks on this server? last time(s) I visit it was a bit empty

The server is online non-stop. But Most of the people we have from  about 20:30 CET but we would like to have more people "around the clock".

Edited by -[HRAF]BubiHUN
  • Upvote 1

I have to agree with kalbuth and Tumu. I think the situation was poorly handled and, at least from the forum messages perspective, Hauggy was not wrong. The rules were not clear and never stated anything about chute killing. I do not have the whole picture and dont understand any additional reasoning used here but I would like to ask admins to, at least, give warnings before hand in case of wrongdoing. Perma ban a player for doing something that was not part of the server rules just seems too much ...

• Upvote 5

I just looked at the main page.  The no vulching and no chutekilling rules are now clear. 

While I do think that Hauggy could have been apologized to with the caveat that the server was new and rules + framework of how it operates were still being worked out,  I do disagree with Hauggy's aggressive course of action on the forum. 

I mean no disrespect to either Hauggy or KOTA admins, but I think both sides could have handled this better. 

S!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1