-[HRAF]BubiHUN

KNIGHTS OF THE AIR Multiplayer Server

13 minutes ago, NO_SQDeriku777 said:

Really liking the concept of this server.  I would like to know if you would ever consider using the server to run occasional scheduled event missions similar to Friday Night bomber nights during Western Hemisphere  prime flying hours.  Your server maps are so big that it would be great to have missions with a defined start time/end time so that squadrons could pre-plan and coordinate beforehand once in a while.

Thank you for your input. The maps have 4 hrs timer but if any side finish, the server starts a new one so fix start time is not working. About the events we take it consideration but in my opinion we would need more maps with different settings both historical and battle wise. We will discuss it and inform everybody in time.

2 hours ago, -[HRAF]Amergin said:

Actually that is correct about the middle way. We are already planning more maps. For the future maybe we will create dynamic missions without GPS who knows, depends of the demand. But first we need more accurate historical missions to create and this middle way maybe help to populate the server. Our main goal to provide good enjoyable gaming experience to everyone and a responsive customer service :)

Dynamic missions without GPS are highly welcomed, recommended and needed :)

Thank you for your effort

• Thanks 1

flew kuban summer last night.  thanks enjoyed!  

server went offline right as we were landing

6 minutes ago, katdog5 said:

flew kuban summer last night.  thanks enjoyed!  

server went offline right as we were landing

We checked your last sortie, wich says it is ended "In flight". But, the mission was continued for more than 30 mins. 

Joined and it was fantastic, our squadron is very happy, keep up with it! Definetly a great new server!

• Thanks 2

Had a couple of sorties and have a couple of observations.

first one was cut short due to mission end. Is there a way to easily see how long there is left to mission rotation ?

Mission description did not include wind speed and direction

I really enjoyed on the winter stalingrad map climbing to 5k in my stuka with 1800kg bomb and  60% fuel. I had to rest the engine approaching 30 minutes, and had real concerns about fuel for getting back to base. I chose an indirect route to target to try and avoid hostiles, and headed home on the deck. I had to reduce ATA to 0.8 and then even with the rads closed I was fearful of overcooling. I landed with just 20 litres left in the tank. 

I feel like I had a cool adventure. Server stability was good, Definitely gonna come back to fly again.

Thanks

• Thanks 3

Tried it out. Frames were good in VR, flight times good, fuel can be a issue (and that's always a plus). Plane set was good.

To echo the above, I'd love a ATIS in the briefing.  A simple:

KFWS 232046Z 13004G14KT 10SM SCT070 38/16 A2997

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Was just flying today on Kuban map, and I noticed the German armor column is too small and too densely packed, maybe the red column is also, nonetheless, this causes issues since they can be destroyed in one attack, maybe tinkering with their positioning would help? 

After a few more hours on the server, I'm quite impressed. HRAF you have done a fine job. I can't comment on the ground targets as this evening was a DCA/Sweep evening, but I'm digging it so far. When I only have a short amount of time to play this will fit the bill nicely. I saw zero funky warping or stutters. Please don't shorten the flight times though, the fuel usage is nice.

😃

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, [CPT]CptJackSparrow said:

After a few more hours on the server, I'm quite impressed. HRAF you have done a fine job. I can't comment on the ground targets as this evening was a DCA/Sweep evening, but I'm digging it so far. When I only have a short amount of time to play this will fit the bill nicely. I saw zero funky warping or stutters. Please don't shorten the flight times though, the fuel usage is nice.

😃

Thank you for joining! See you around!
Well, with finding airfields to provide that "feature" we spend more time than building up airfields/targets and etc. 

1 minute ago, [CPT]CptJackSparrow said:

Understandable. I just like the added pressure of fuel usage, plus it slows down the die, spawn-firewall-direct-to-fight. 😃

That is one of our goal. I'm glad we achived it. 

• Like 1

Any way you can mixup the server rotation? It's always on kuban every single night at the same exact time. Really just need to add a few more missions.

6 minutes ago, 15th_JonRedcorn said:

Any way you can mixup the server rotation? It's always on kuban every single night at the same exact time. Really just need to add a few more missions.

They are on the way. Please, note that building up missions cannot be done in a few minutes. We need a little bit more time. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

They are on the way. Please, note that building up missions cannot be done in a few minutes. We need a little bit more time. 

I understand that completely. Was just wondering what the plan was.

6 hours ago, 15th_JonRedcorn said:

I understand that completely. Was just wondering what the plan was.

The new maps are under construction. We started the server this 3 to test the concept and stability. Consider it as an open Beta :) As soon as the new maps would be available the rotation will be more interesting and random.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, -[HRAF]Amergin said:

The new maps are under construction. We started the server this 3 to test the concept and stability. Consider it as an open Beta :) As soon as the new maps would be available the rotation will be more interesting and random.

On the plus side performance seems to be absolutely stellar with your current missions. Was getting a steady 90fps in kuban in vr which was weird. Might want to try and maintain that somehow. 

2 hours ago, 15th_JonRedcorn said:

On the plus side performance seems to be absolutely stellar with your current missions. Was getting a steady 90fps in kuban in vr which was weird. Might want to try and maintain that somehow. 

Well, then another goal is achived by us. I'm glad you have better performance on KOTA. 

I really like KOTA so far. 

To all pilots on either side, I wish you luck in battle.  :salute:

I really like the large industrial areas. 

Flight times suit me just fine. 

What I think is missing though is the "spotter" variants of the Pe-2 and Bf110.   Spotters would be only able to carry 2, 250kg bombs maximum.    

If the industrial areas were trimmed-down a little bit, there could probably be a hidden moving train or two for both sides, hidden tank and truck columns,  hidden occupied villages, hidden AAA emplacements defending the expected routes to the factories and 1 or 2 forward airfields that can be supplied and made operational by the first team to get there. 

Hidden areas would only show up on the map for both sides if the spotter plane sees them or a fighter/attacker makes the first attack. 

Hidden trucks and tanks don't need to be large columns 3 or 4 placed stationary on a roadside would work.

2 trucks and a half track or AAA would make a great "Advanced Recon Unit"  that could be hidden behind friendly lines and needs to be found.  If it was well placed it could be stationary. 

1 artillery + 1 trucks and 1 AAA could represent a hidden frontline mortar team. 

1 bunker + 3 artillery + 2 AAA would make a great hidden fire base.

Single moving staff cars (with or without defense vehicles) could be hidden on the map to be found and attacked for high points.  It would represent an important officer racing to, or from, main HQ to bring orders to the field commanders.  Again, it would not be overview map.  It would have to be found. 

For moving objects "last known location" will be the only thing shown on the map. 

Hidden occupied villages would only need a handful of truck/tanks and maybe 2 or 3 AAA.   (edit) Add to that a bunker or two, and a fuel/ammo dump for a larger village. 

Airfields that could be made operational would be captured via supply flights or para drops.   

If at all possible some of the "small object" placements (trucks, moving cars, random AAA batteries) could be randomized when the map starts. 

If it is possible, many hidden small units consisting of 10 or less objects scattered through out the map would make the "no man's land"  a bit more  exciting. 

Edited by Mobile_BBQ
  • Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Otto_bann said:

This new server seems fine but realy pity about gps on... 🤥

Hi!

Thanks!

We need first more people, thats why Gps is on and later we want to head for the "expert" server direction.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, -[HRAF]vad-asz said:

..Gps is on and later we want to head for the "expert" server direction.

Guys who want gps on go already on WoL since several years, often among 84 vs 84. You'll take few pilotes but mostly when this other server will be full IMO. But I hope to be wrong.

I think if some other servers with gps off don't run with great success with pilots number, it's by the way of their political of limitations : number of planes or their reservation for take one, number of lives or temporary kick, plane convoy task, etc... Those aberrant rules are real scarecrows for me and so many others, which make us return all time on the ''less worst'' other popular servers... when it's not to leave the dog servers :(

I am curious though, since this server has apparently overtaken wings, for the last couple weeks wings has been really balanced team wise, it was nearly split evenly for a while there, it would seem it's gone back to absolutely insane team stacking again. Really takes the fun out of it. If you go to the website you can see it's 6 wins compared to 33 for axis. Fun stuff.

Give it time. 

Those who like the longer flight times and larger potential for 1v1 or 1v2 dogfights, and taking the time to RTB and "land" your score will probably (more or less) balance KOTA.

Those who like shorter flight times, dense dogfight action, and "fly until you die" type of play will (more or less) balance WoL.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, 15th_JonRedcorn said:

I am curious though, since this server has apparently overtaken wings, for the last couple weeks wings has been really balanced team wise, it was nearly split evenly for a while there, it would seem it's gone back to absolutely insane team stacking again. Really takes the fun out of it. If you go to the website you can see it's 6 wins compared to 33 for axis. Fun stuff.

Well, most of those wins achived by me during testing. 

1 minute ago, =FEW=Herne said:

Is there a timer for mission rotation, or does one side have to win the map ?

Press Tab during a flight.

3 minutes ago, Mobile_BBQ said:

Give it time. 

Those who like the longer flight times and larger potential for 1v1 or 1v2 dogfights, and taking the time to RTB and "land" your score will probably (more or less) balance KOTA.

Those who like shorter flight times, dense dogfight action, and "fly until you die" type of play will (more or less) balance WoL.

Wings is Berloga with longer flight times, OP Pe-2 LAZORZ, and poor administration.  May as well play Berloga.  KOTA is more for the thinking man with good administration.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, -=AnTifA=-woodrowwilson_pr said:

Wings is Berloga with longer flight times, OP Pe-2 LAZORZ, and poor administration.  May as well play Berloga.  KOTA is more for the thinking man with good administration.

Just to be clear, I was describing differences of the way people prefer to play.  I'm not putting down anybody for the type of server they want, or the people providing the server.

I prefer KOTA vs. WoL, but I'm not going to get on the case of those who prefer WoL over KOTA.  I'm sure there's enough players that will prefer KOTA that it too, will be as regularly populated as WoL.  It's not a competition.  It appears to me BOTH servers will receive good traffic.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Mobile_BBQ said:

It appears to me BOTH servers will receive good traffic.  

Agreed, and we should all be thankful for people willing to provide the content, especially coconut

Just now, Mobile_BBQ said:

Just to be clear, I was describing differences of the way people prefer to play.  I'm not putting down anybody for the type of server they want, or the people providing the server.

I prefer KOTA vs. WoL, but I'm not going to get on the case of those who prefer WoL over KOTA.  I'm sure there's enough players that will prefer KOTA that it too, will be as regularly populated as WoL.  It's not a competition.  It appears to me BOTH servers will receive good traffic.  

I am really enjoying this server, take off climb to altitude and use lower than nominal settings to make the most of your fuel. Server admins, please don't ever reduce target objectives for the purpose of creating hot spots. When I'm a fighter I like to have to hunt my prey, and when I'm a bomber I like that I may be able to avoid enemy action completely

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Great server, had lots of fun tonight, reminds me of the great night on Fighting Legends

• Thanks 2

Just now, 6./ZG26_Asgar said:

Great server, had lots of fun tonight, reminds me of the great night on Fighting Legends

I was flying when a never ending list of asgar destroyed . . . . filled my chat. 

Well done !!

• Haha 1

2 1800kg bombs well aimed at the industrial facility 😄

• Thanks 1

Took couple of quick missions on your server to look around. Well done, nice work!

BTW, I like GPS on. 

• Thanks 1