-[HRAF]BubiHUN

KNIGHTS OF THE AIR Multiplayer Server

For Bomber Pilots, it's pretty uninteresting to attack an Industrial Target.
About 40-50 minutes for round-trip Flights and then for a total of 22 Goals scored 110 Points plus 25% for the Landing!
That should be rewarded more.

• Like 1

I mostly agree with turning the GPS off. 

I think if the GPS is going to be off, then weather should be randomized each time a map round loads as well.  Currently, there is no wind to add to level bombing calculations.  On at least 1 map, I can tell you just from memory the perfect altitude to fly every time to stay well-covered in the heavy clouds.  I can get to that altitude and use the bombsight as a "look ahead" scope to spot threats below me and also to see landmarks ahead and have, I estimate, an 80% chance of never being seen except for AI flak.  If the clouds, wind and weather were random and GPS was off, flying the same mission map to the same target, during different rounds would require more skill and variation in strategy.  Clouds at 3000m are a lot different than clouds at 2000m to a bomber.  It could mean the difference between level bombing and taking the risk to dive bomb.  If there are sparse clouds during the round or none at all, good luck to ye.  

The real drawback is that many pilots refuse to fly during heavy rain where the cloud layer above 3000m is 100% blind flying.  I personally do want the mission rounds to occasionally go to these weather conditions, but I realize that it might kill player numbers if it occurs during peak times. 

13 minutes ago, -=AnTifA=-woodrowwilson_pr said:

I personally don't care about GPS.  Whatever gets more people on the server is what should be done.

Yup, GPS on.

Much fun to be had on this server. The squadron I belong to have flown both sides and very much enjoyed each outing.

• Thanks 1

Just a small suggestion I had in mind had after discussing with DerSheriff and N3cro briefly yesterday.

What about a dedicated ground strike airbase closer to the frontline with Il-2 or Stukas and such since these are rather slow and (at least the il-2) tend to lack fuel autonomy.

I believe It could help encourage players to use ground attackers.

What do you guys think?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, =FEW=Hauggy said:

Just a small suggestion I had in mind had after discussing with DerSheriff and N3cro briefly yesterday.

What about a dedicated ground strike airbase closer to the frontline with Il-2 or Stukas and such since these are rather slow and (at least the il-2) tend to lack fuel autonomy.

What do you guys think?

Completely agree, doesn't need to be right next to the frontlines, but at least half the way?

Something around half way would be good for the attackers. It would pick up the pace of combat a little bit, which I think is needed. With fighters needing to fly to the front wining the air to air fight is super valuable as there is a window where fighters aren't going to be available to cover an area. But it is very difficult to capitalize on this win, turn it into results on the ground, because the ground attackers won't make it to the target before the enemy can reestablish a presence over the target. With the available fuel reserves they can't linger long waiting for the target to be cleared so the only option is to make an attack and hope. Pushing the attackers closer to the front would allow for exploitation of the time the fighters give them.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, =FEW=Hauggy said:

What do you guys think?

We already discussed it and there are maps which created on this way and we take this for the future also. Meantime we do not want to create similar situations on every misson to make the rotations more interesting with different tactic need scenarios for the future. Thank you the idea.

Edited by -[HRAF]Amergin
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, II./JG77_motoadve said:

Totally agreed, already making it very fun and realistic, non GPS will make it more immersive specially since the flying times are long.

I know you want more people in the server, its easy to navigate using the map, this will motivate people to learn to do it.

GPS guys mostly want short flight and instant combat.

Take off,

turn towards target,

autopilot ON,

go to kitchen,

make a sandwich or a cup of tea.

27 minutes ago, R6ckStar said:

One thing I'd like to say, is that your squadron members should at least try to unstack the teams

I would fly red planes now, but I'm making a new mission.

It would be nice if everyone would help to balance the teams, but we all know that will not happen for some damn reason.

Just now, BraveSirRobin said:

Actually, we know the reason.  The German fighters are better.

Regarding to my experriences, german fighters are easier to fly. You dont have to care about RPM, radiators etc. but, the differencies are quite low between most of the planes that we have now. 
Flying bombers is quite hard, espeically to fly german bombers. 

If they can't figure out the "ever so complex" Soviet engines they should probably reevaluate their lives. They aren't that hard to work out. I mean if people who had never driven a car, let alone seen one, could figure it out while getting shot at I'm sure these players can too. Then again, asking people to try might be too much for the sake of a better game play experience for everyone.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

Regarding to my experriences, german fighters are easier to fly. You dont have to care about RPM, radiators etc. but, the differencies are quite low between most of the planes that we have now. 

The 109 is faster at most altitudes, climbs better, dives better and has more ammo than almost every VVS fighter.  So, no, the difference is not small.

That is why the sides are usually stacked German.  

Just now, SCG_Faerber said:

Server is missing from the list for me, any ideas why?

Sorry, we are updating our missions. Server will be offline for a few minutes.
Next map will be: KubanSummer44

GPS on,maps are big and nice sometime you dont see enemy in missions this is realistic..more players will fix that..those who dont like gps icon dont use map simple.

• Like 1

There is no way to Randomize the weather in missions with the current editor it would mean the mission maker would have to edit the map every time and re-up it to server.
you can only set 1 weather type , 1 cloud layer in mission then its saved.

GPS off will give a huge advantage to LW bombers and attackers and Severly reduce the chance of being spotted or shot down as russian fighters to busy tying to navigate and keep track of their location to spot properly.

I think a big reason people dont fly russian planes is that Terrible Pain scheme inside them seriously
Vomit Green and Blood red.. 😄 (sarcasm)

If it is consistently stacked axis just move the allied spawns closer to the front and that will give playing that side some appeal. So far for me it has been fine

2 hours ago, =TBAS=Sshadow14 said:

1) There is no way to Randomize the weather in missions with the current editor it would mean the mission maker would have to edit the map every time and re-up it to server.
you can only set 1 weather type , 1 cloud layer in mission then its saved.

2) GPS off will give a huge advantage to LW bombers and attackers and Severly reduce the chance of being spotted or shot down as russian fighters to busy tying to navigate and keep track of their location to spot properly.

3) I think a big reason people dont fly russian planes is that Terrible Pain scheme inside them seriously
Vomit Green and Blood red.. 😄 (sarcasm)

1) That's a bit disappointing that the editor can't work that way.  I wonder how TAW does it?  Do they use their own program?

2) I think both sides will have to deal with it equally.  I know that as a someone who likes using the Pe-2 a lot, it wouldn't only be LW bombers getting an advantage. 

Besides,  there are already pilots who can fly the map set and know where they are from simply looking out the window and taking a 3-second look at the map.  The more players we get that can reasonably navigate by knowing the landscape, the more the issue is reduced and balanced for both teams.   Study the map before you take off.   Study the terrain in single player mode if needed.  Don't claim not having the time.  This is a game with too many "time consuming" aspects for that excuse. 

As it currently is bombers on both sides can choose any route to the target they want with the GPS and be so accurately pointed to it that all that needs to be done is looks through the bombsight, set speed and alt, and press the button.  Going home (if undamaged by flak) is another cake flight with GPS as well.

3) I laugh at the fact that since the dawn of IL2 forums, the "Why won't Axis un-stack and balance teams by flying Allies more often?" argument inevitably pollutes every new server thread.

It's simple.  Axis fighter planes require less effort to "get good".  Axis bombers require less effort to "get good" and can carry those huge bombs.     

Hálistennek, finally a server from the Motherland🤠

I hope I will not get heat for having adopted the 101. colors as a newb.

Edited by Kandiru
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Otto_bann said:

For history of course! Greatest aces was all in german planes... That seems to have never been thought for you? This is often the case yet, believe me!

lol what?

this discussion is absurdly pointless, both arguments are contradictory although I suspect that BraveSirRobin is just baiting at this point

• Like 2

When you have the opportunity to engage and disengage at will you have air superiority. End of story. In a spit the only thing you can do is hope you don't come across 2 pilots in 190's since it's only a matter of time till they get you. Happened to me the other night, can only dodge their attacks for so long till you bleed all your energy and your engine blows up.

Edited by 15th_JonRedcorn

You have been warned ingame by me, for violating the rule: "Vulching/Bombing spawn airfields, ramming planes(in the air or on the ground) is strictly                                                                                                                                                                                forbidden."
You will get a warning now here. Here you can see the player's sortie. 
http://www.knightsoftheair.eu/en/sortie/log/6931/?tour=2

Please, do not violate the server rules, again. 
"The result of the rules violation would cause limited kick/ban from the server."

egozawarning.jpg

Bodenplate won't have Red shooters, you'll soon figure out there's a new sheriff in town, flying a white star.  Be looking for you from high above, come up if you got the nerve.  

This whole Red / Blue crap needs to stop, anyways - that was a thing with the old IL2, and here in BoS the color of the icons can be set to the user's preference.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, LukeFF said:

This whole Red / Blue crap needs to stop, anyways - that was a thing with the old IL2, and here in BoS the color of the icons can be set to the user's preference.

Maybe it could be useful to replace both colors..... with pink and purple. It looks like pink reduce aggressive behavior in penitentiary, maybe in the game also.

Good, simple mission design. The only suggestion I have is to add a little bit of wind / turbulence to make flights a bit more interesting.

Anyways, thx for hosting & keep it up!

4 hours ago, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

You have been warned ingame by me, for violating the rule: "Vulching/Bombing spawn airfields, ramming planes(in the air or on the ground) is strictly                                                                                                                                                                                forbidden."
You will get a warning now here. Here you can see the player's sortie. 
http://www.knightsoftheair.eu/en/sortie/log/6931/?tour=2

Please, do not violate the server rules, again. 
"The result of the rules violation would cause limited kick/ban from the server."

egozawarning.jpg

In reality, how close is too close for you guys?  Within sight of the field?  Causing the airfield to how the red circle?  To me vulching is grabbing somebody just off the ground or a bomber in an initial climb out.

2 minutes ago, -=AnTifA=-woodrowwilson_pr said:

In reality, how close is too close for you guys?  Within sight of the field?  Causing the airfield to how the red circle?  To me vulching is grabbing somebody just off the ground or a bomber in an initial climb out.

Well, this occured just after the take-off. The red pilot was sneaking around the airfield at ground level waiting on an easy prey.

1 hour ago, 6./ZG26_5tuka said:

Good, simple mission design. The only suggestion I have is to add a little bit of wind / turbulence to make flights a bit more interesting.

Anyways, thx for hosting & keep it up!

Thank you for your kind words!

Just flew one long sortie. Very enjoyable...thanks for this! :salute: Thanks to the Syndicate guys for letting me tag along. Would have been perfect except for me ground looping my Spitfire.

• Thanks 1