-[HRAF]BubiHUN

KNIGHTS OF THE AIR Multiplayer Server

Managed to connect ) guess fiber 100/40  makes a difference ! the problum usually is all the copper in between us(aust) and Europe that slows the fiber down! but not in this case it seems 

8 minutes ago, wombatBritishBulldogs said:

Managed to connect ) guess fiber 100/40  makes a difference ! the problum usually is all the copper in between us(aust) and Europe that slows the fiber down! but not in this case it seems 

Im glad you can connect to our server. 

2 hours ago, 15th_JonRedcorn said:

What's up with the plane list? There was like 6 planes for each side?

Different airfields have different planeset.

I really enjoyed playing yesterday. Spawn between hangars, distance and size of the targets are really cool. I only hope this is not reason why it was a little bit laggy :( Maybe you can separate fighters and fighter-bombers because few Bf109 with 250 kg bomb and cannons can destroy whole airfield very quick. The number of jagdbombers should be less.

• Thanks 1

Has this server stats available?

And if yes could you link the site pls?

Edited by ITAF_Rani

1 hour ago, todeskvlt said:

I really enjoyed playing yesterday. Spawn between hangars, distance and size of the targets are really cool. I only hope this is not reason why it was a little bit laggy :( Maybe you can separate fighters and fighter-bombers because few Bf109 with 250 kg bomb and cannons can destroy whole airfield very quick. The number of jagdbombers should be less.

Thank you for joining! 
Well,  we belive the lag caused by the limitations of the game engine. We will try to figure out where is the "red line".

Edited by -[HRAF]BubiHUN

1 minute ago, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

Thank you for joining! 
Well, the we belive the lag caused by the limitations of the game engine. We will try to figure out where is the "red line".

so as i thought and according to what Jason said we will wait a little bit "All I can say is I hope we can spend time on things like netcode after Bodenplatte is completed."

2 minutes ago, todeskvlt said:

so as i thought and according to what Jason said we will wait a little bit "All I can say is I hope we can spend time on things like netcode after Bodenplatte is completed."

We still have some possible soloutions for the lag, today it will be tested. 

• Upvote 1

Nice Server, really liked the mission layout. Airfield selection and target placement was cool. As good as it may look, i think you have to reduce the amount of objects on the map to get it to run smoothly. Especially the smoke columns really [edited] the performance on some older, not so high-end machines, getting even worse if they have a slow internet connection. Still can remember some crazy lag-warp-stutter parties on TAW above airfields with smoke columns. Really hope the promised netcode update will fix this (not gonna happen in the near future, i think). Since you can't enforce all the players to have a fast connection and a high-performance system it's probably the only solution to get the server running smoothly. Keep up the good work! :good:

Edited by SYN_Haashashin
Lenguage

8 hours ago, [I./JG62]Knipser said:

Nice Server, really liked the mission layout. Airfield selection and target placement was cool. As good as it may look, i think you have to reduce the amount of objects on the map to get it to run smoothly. Especially the smoke columns really [edited] the performance on some older, not so high-end machines, getting even worse if they have a slow internet connection. Still can remember some crazy lag-warp-stutter parties on TAW above airfields with smoke columns. Really hope the promised netcode update will fix this (not gonna happen in the near future, i think). Since you can't enforce all the players to have a fast connection and a high-performance system it's probably the only solution to get the server running smoothly. Keep up the good work! :good:

Thank you for your feedback. Its already in progress, hold on :)

Edited by SYN_Haashashin
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, [I./JG62]Knipser said:

i want to play on this Server, i hate to work 😭

Edited by SYN_Haashashin
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, [I./JG62]Portme said:

i want to play on this Server, i hate to work 😭

Nicely said, but even if I´m not in the office, a four months old baby is waiting on me at home and he isn´t letting me by any chance to touch the joystick 😭

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, -[HRAF]Grunf said:

Nicely said, but even if I´m not in the office, a four months old baby is waiting on me at home

Congratulations :salute:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, =TBAS=Sshadow14 said:

Hey guys great work and the 425ms ping will be perfectly adequate for players in Australia and NZ with Good quality Internet.

Yes had a good time today No lag high frames and enjoy the flight time to targets giving time to settle the planes down trim wise and climbing to a decent height , My ping was around 200 but climbed later in our work day due to loading i guess Regardless it's nice to have a new server up , thanks guys 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, PB_Cybermat47 said:

Congratulations :salute:

It sure is the most beautiful feeling that a life can offer, but it is also one of the most exhausting ones in the beginning, I guess - well, I definitely hope that I will be getting some sleep with my wife....in a year or two 😂

• Haha 3

On the Stalingrad42 Map, red side only has the Yak-1-69 available. Don't add the Yak-1B (..even if it would be historically accurate) but maybe you can add a few Yak-7 to the planeset. They were also used in the winter battle of stalingrad.

15 minutes ago, [I./JG62]Knipser said:

On the Stalingrad42 Map, red side only has the Yak-1-69 available. Don't add the Yak-1B (..even if it would be historically accurate) but maybe you can add a few Yak-7 to the planeset. They were also used in the winter battle of stalingrad.

Can you tell me the name of the airfield where you saw this?

21 minutes ago, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

Can you tell me the name of the airfield where you saw this?

if i remember correctly there were only yak1-69 available on both red fighter airfields. but maybe i'm wrong, just took a quick look at the planeset on the red side yesterday night. 😅

Just now, [I./JG62]Knipser said:

if i remember correctly there were only yak1-69 available on both red fighter airfields. but maybe i'm wrong, just took a quick look at the planeset on the red side yesterday night. 😅

there must be La-5s too. Are you sure about this?

5 minutes ago, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

there must be La-5s too. Are you sure about this?

ah ok, sorry. that was a misunderstanding. of course there were other planes, la5, migs, etc. i was just talking about the yak version available at the field. 

11 minutes ago, [I./JG62]Knipser said:

ah ok, sorry. that was a misunderstanding. of course there were other planes, la5, migs, etc. i was just talking about the yak version available at the field. 

I see. We will discuss it.

• Upvote 1

I think the creation of this server is a great initiative. Something like that was missing. Wherever I could (Polish forum on flight simulators: http://www.il2forum.pl/ and Polish DISCORD channels) I promoted today's tests at 20.00. I wish you good luck and I will try to support you further. You know: Lengyel, magyar – két jó barát, együtt harcol, s issza borát.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, RAFCIO13 said:

I think the creation of this server is a great initiative. Something like that was missing. Wherever I could (Polish forum on flight simulators: http://www.il2forum.pl/ and Polish DISCORD channels) I promoted today's tests at 20.00. I wish you good luck and I will try to support you further. You know: Lengyel, magyar – két jó barát, együtt harcol, s issza borát.

Thank you very much, Brother. All Polish Brothers are warmly welcomed!

• Upvote 1

ok guys, ready to boom boom boom, bang bang bang?

the server is going to be updated in a few minutes. Bubihun and vad-asz are working on it

Edited by -[HRAF]Grunf
  • Upvote 1

Hi,

thanks a lot for making a new server for the community!
I think the concept of the server is really good, offering a middle ground between WoL and more Hardcore servers.
I hope to see this server grow in player numbers, since there really is demand for more non-ultra-hardcore servers.

6 hours ago, [I./JG62]Knipser said:

I completely agree with this, the yak7b is the perfect choice, both historicaly, balance wise and also so people who maybe only own BoK can fly fighters on this map.
For the same reason please keep the 109g4 in the lineup for the stalingrad map.

• Thanks 1

Hi gents,

at all of you who provide us this server - thank you very much for your work. I like it very much and it's great to fly on it.

And it's good to know having another good "realistic"/"serious" server that tries to depict some historical events within

the given restrictions of BOX. Great work. Again, thank you very much.

Cheerio - see you all in the skies :salute:

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, -IRRE-Therion said:

Hi gents,

at all of you who provide us this server - thank you very much for your work. I like it very much and it's great to fly on it.

And it's good to know having another good "realistic"/"serious" server that tries to depict some historical events within

the given restrictions of BOX. Great work. Again, thank you very much.

Cheerio - see you all in the skies :salute:

We will make more historical and semi-historical missions. 

This is very interesting indeed! 

We will make sure to check the server out as well.  🕹️😁👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1