-[HRAF]BubiHUN

KNIGHTS OF THE AIR Multiplayer Server

Server has been updated today again, fixed durability of objects, flaks around the targets, and many other things. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

Server has been updated today again, fixed durability of objects, flaks around the targets, and many other things. 

Lets give it another try tonight! See you on the server :)

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, =L/R=Coldman said:

First movie from Your server guys 😄 enjoy :salute:

Thank you for your efforts!

Server seems to be running smoothly now! Me and my wingman, we had a few succesful dogfights without any lag or rubberbanding. Looks like you got the problems solved. Great job! :good:

• Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, [I./JG62]Knipser said:

Server seems to be running smoothly now! Me and my wingman, we had a few succesful dogfights without any lag or rubberbanding. Looks like you got the problems solved. Great job! :good:

Thank you very much! See you around.

This looks sounds very interesting! Can we see a screenshot of the map layouts? (I would join the server to see for myself, but Im at work lol :ph34r:)

Good server guys, deserve to be populated!

Love those naval objectives, even they are a bit too far from bomber airfield.

Maybe some closer airfield could be in the future considered, not to close however :)

Hope to see two layer clouds too!

Keep up the good work!

Perhaps a north and south group of fields would solve the problem? They could still be set back from the line, as they are now, but eliminate some of the transit time North and South.

It looks interesting! 

Do you really want to keep the GPS on? It could be even more interesting, but it's just my opinion :)

• Upvote 3

A lack of GPS may block a lot of new players from starting out on this server. 

I like navigation as well, but I like higher player numbers better 😉

• Upvote 3

First we are balancing the missions+performance, creating the award system building the playerbase, for future plans possible yes (dynamic campaign and no gps, support missions etc). We want to meet all of your request.👌

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Just now, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

A lack of GPS may block a lot of new players from starting out on this server. 

I like navigation as well, but I like higher player numbers better 😉

It can go two ways, there are a lot of pilots who wait TAW or full realism servers and who wouldn't step into WoL or server with gps.

Experienced pilots bring more challenge and immersion on server and many are repelled if it's not full realism or historical planeset.

Navigation is easy to learn, just use compas and follow rivers, cities, roads and forrests.

Navigation is fun and immersive and keeps you busy when on long distances flights!

Other than that server is great in every other aspect.

I hope it will be new popular server!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

Hey guys,

first of all i appreciate you work and we are all looking forward to have more and more fun on the Server.

Like mentiones yesterday at the server, after a short session on monday evening with 2 ARTOA friends on the KLuban map i would like to suggest something.

It turned out that our little group of 1 Bf110  (2x250kg), 1 Bf109 (1x250kg) and 1 Bf109 (Guns only) were able to anihilate about (i would say) 50% of the russian factory complex in the north. It was clearly undamaged before we arrived and the bombs did only their fair share of damage. Most of it was dealed by our Guns. While this might be ok for the fuel storage tanks, it should definetely not work with the Houses and factory buildings.

The AAA was way to weak as well. We circled the target for maybe 1 or 2 minutes at roughly 2k and then dove down and continued the strafe for at least 5 minutes. Not only was none of us killed, but in fact nobody was touched.  The few AAA guns shooting were easy to deastroy and then the rest was silence :-)

Iknow since then there were a few updates, so it might be fixed already. But i just want to let you know.

See you soon.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, =ARTOA=Golden_Phoenix87 said:

Hey guys,

first of all i appreciate you work and we are all looking forward to have more and more fun on the Server.

Like mentiones yesterday at the server, after a short session on monday evening with 2 ARTOA friends on the KLuban map i would like to suggest something.

It turned out that our little group of 1 Bf110  (2x250kg), 1 Bf109 (1x250kg) and 1 Bf109 (Guns only) were able to anihilate about (i would say) 50% of the russian factory complex in the north. It was clearly undamaged before we arrived and the bombs did only their fair share of damage. Most of it was dealed by our Guns. While this might be ok for the fuel storage tanks, it should definetely not work with the Houses and factory buildings.

The AAA was way to weak as well. We circled the target for maybe 1 or 2 minutes at roughly 2k and then dove down and continued the strafe for at least 5 minutes. Not only was none of us killed, but in fact nobody was touched.  The few AAA guns shooting were easy to deastroy and then the rest was silence 🙂

Iknow since then there were a few updates, so it might be fixed already. But i just want to let you know.

See you soon.

Thank you for the information, after you draw our attention to this, we fixed it yesterday. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, =ARTOA=Golden_Phoenix87 said:

The buildings being vulnerable to gunfire is a game bug. Funny thing is, the buildings can't be destroyed with 37 mm guns.

• Confused 1

Sorry VAD... 😄

Me and a mate logged on other day jumped in la5's and shot down VAD while he was covering someone in 190.
My first airkill in a fighter for like 12 months, sorry mate there was no one else to kill
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also 20mm will damaged building and make them uninhabitable.
as for factories, loads of 20mm coming in through roof could easily start a fire, specially if the HE/mineshells.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Agreed AAA needs to be turned up (only 2 x la5 and we cleared AF aaa with no need to jink or take evasive turns.
AAA did not even fire on first pass. 

• Upvote 1

I have a question concerning the map rotation. You have three maps running for four hours each. I have the feeling that this 12 hours cycle is the reason that every evening (middle european time) the same map is running.  Can you maybe do a random map rotation or something like that?

Also the statistics website doesn't seem to be working correctly at the moment. Didn't update the last Mission.

Edited by [I./JG62]Knipser
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, [I./JG62]Knipser said:

I have a question concerning the map rotation. You have three maps running for four hours each. I have the feeling that this 12 hours cycle is the reason that every evening (middle european time) the same map is running.  Can you maybe do a random map rotation or something like that?

Also the statistics website doesn't seem to be working correctly at the moment. Didn't update the last Mission.

Statistic website works now, Well, the "random map rotation" is already turned ON, somehow, looks like it doesnt works. 

• Thanks 1

4 Choices of maps Random will not appear very random.
As it does not remember what map was last played in what order.

It can randomly choose the same map next and so on.
specially with only 4 to choose from.

Map descriptions would be nice to add to the immersion and ground obj sending red flares when attacked would be nice aswell

9 hours ago, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

Statistic website works now, Well, the "random map rotation" is already turned ON, somehow, looks like it doesnt works. 

Ok, then it was just coincidence that the same map was running. Anyways, was still lots of fun to fly on your server! 

• Thanks 1

Wird dieser server als dogfight, als WoL? Oder wollen Sie machen server als "Kriegs project"(z.b  als TAW) ?

Edited by SG2_Wolfert

1 hour ago, SG2_Wolfert said:

Wird dieser server als dogfight, als WoL? Oder wollen Sie machen server als "Kriegs project"(z.b  als TAW) ?

Right now, i can't provide any information in German. Please, ask this question in English.

The main post has been updated! Please check for more information!

If I may speak for Wolfert, we would like to know, if you´d like to build dogfight server like WoL or a continualy war like DED-Random and TAW?

According to information about server and server rules it seems you are in the middle of them.

Thanks

Ah, I would like to know all the information as well please :), because your server looks interesting

1 hour ago, 1stCL/Punkey said:

If I may speak for Wolfert, we would like to know, if you´d like to build dogfight server like WoL or a continualy war like DED-Random and TAW?

According to information about server and server rules it seems you are in the middle of them.

Thanks

Actually that is correct about the middle way. We are already planning more maps. For the future maybe we will create dynamic missions without GPS who knows, depends of the demand. But first we need more accurate historical missions to create and this middle way maybe help to populate the server. Our main goal to provide good enjoyable gaming experience to everyone and a responsive customer service :)

• Upvote 1

Really liking the concept of this server.  I would like to know if you would ever consider using the server to run occasional scheduled event missions similar to Friday Night bomber nights during Western Hemisphere  prime flying hours.  Your server maps are so big that it would be great to have missions with a defined start time/end time so that squadrons could pre-plan and coordinate beforehand once in a while.

13 minutes ago, NO_SQDeriku777 said:

Really liking the concept of this server.  I would like to know if you would ever consider using the server to run occasional scheduled event missions similar to Friday Night bomber nights during Western Hemisphere  prime flying hours.  Your server maps are so big that it would be great to have missions with a defined start time/end time so that squadrons could pre-plan and coordinate beforehand once in a while.

Thank you for your input. The maps have 4 hrs timer but if any side finish, the server starts a new one so fix start time is not working. About the events we take it consideration but in my opinion we would need more maps with different settings both historical and battle wise. We will discuss it and inform everybody in time.