-[HRAF]BubiHUN

KNIGHTS OF THE AIR Multiplayer Server

Congrats!

Server being fully populated tonight, couldn't join with my squad mates.

Well deserved popularity!

(Means gps could be disabled in the near future😉)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

On 9/4/2018 at 9:18 AM, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

Hello everyone!
Today we will have another update. 
So much thanks to @=TBAS=Sshadow14!

We placed radiobeacons to all airfields on all missions. Their positions are relistic. 
Added realistic weather parameters, such us air preassure, and wind.
Mission descriptions will be made on this weekend.

See you around.

Edited by -[HRAF]BubiHUN
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Very nice, Wind is an important part in making things like level bombing really interesting.

This server growing up fast and in the good direction. Yesterday at evening was great in a full server (I had to be patient to get in but it was worth it). Bravo!

Edited by Otto_bann
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Tried out the newest map with the dawn time setting.

Excellent work. Keep it so :salute:

• Upvote 1

On 9/3/2018 at 12:33 PM, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

That is very interesting behavior 😄 Can you give me some details, so i can fix it. 
For example, wich moving tank group was this?

Kuban1943Spring

An other red drunk tank circling on reverse way :) grid 520-5. I took a track if you want.

37 minutes ago, Otto_bann said:

Kuban1943Spring

An other red drunk tank circling on reverse way :) grid 520-5. I took a track if you want.

Somehow one of them missed their waypoint, and tries to get there, so they circling around 😄 
I will fix all of them at once, so no track needed, but thank you. 

44 minutes ago, =ARTOA=Bubi87 said:

... Love to see that a Full Real server has peaks...

When gps will off, it will be a full real server ;)

Yesterday again an airfield was vulched, the guy didn't know this rule here. Maybe a periodic warning message on the screen is needed (or/and in the description beside map)?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Otto_bann said:

Yesterday again an airfield was vulched, the guy didn't know this rule here. Maybe a periodic warning message on the screen is needed (or/and in the description beside map)?

Yeah, I search yesterday for script server messages but dont find anything... 😓

...also I need to do the coalition for the awards. 😶 If anyone have experience please share with me. Thanks!

I think it will be a shame if you turn GPS off. I would have thought that everyone should be happy with what is being provided FREE without (almost) making demands for changes to suit their own requirements.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, No.85_Camm said:

I think it will be a shame if you turn GPS off. I would have thought that everyone should be happy with what is being provided FREE without (almost) making demands for changes to suit their own requirements.

Agree, As posted earlier in the week if you don't require it turn it off !win win either way . 

• Upvote 1

I agree aswell. Leave the GPS as it is now. If you dont like it turn it off on your side.

Edited by [DMD]Marduk879
  • Like 1

Turned off gps for a part of players when others still have it would be a bit silly. It's for all or no one.

What do you afraid without gps? To be lost? To can't find targets or home base? To lose a part of ease? How it was at WW2? Gps is born in 1973...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Otto_bann said:

Turned off gps for a part of players when others still have it would be a bit silly. It's for all or no one.

Why? Some people fly in VR, some in Track IR, some with mouse look. Some have rudder pedals some have a twist stick. Some have 4k some play on a laptop.

If we all were bothered about someone having an advantage over you no one would play. (And if you're remotely competent at navigation GPS on doesn't give you an advantage at all)

Edit sorry it's a rhetorical question. I actually agree with you in that I prefer GPS off but I just see I as interesting how people accept some differences in how we play and not others.

Edited by 71st_AH_Barnacles
  • Like 2

The hardware used to play is the choice of player only. Nobody forces him to play in VR or with pedals, nobody say he can't too.

But if the mission was played with different conditions between gamers, it would be unfair. Otherwise why not leave the external views possible too? One uses it, the other does not, it's your choice...

Except a false feeling of ease, in reality the Gps brings inconvenients mostly (already explained here and it wasn't an exhaustive list).

Edited by Otto_bann
  • Upvote 1

I would let the GPS be as it is now - for one reason. This server fills the gap in the market - its exactly between WoL and TAW (GPS on, all mods, long distances between targets and spawn while not needing any registration, supply points farming or other complications :)) and that is what makes it unique and becoming more and more popular.

How computer guys say - don't touch running system. :salute:

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Server has a lot of realism in it so why not go full realism.

We fly sims for realism don't we?

Even noobs will eventually learn navigate without gps, it's easy even without training if you have a brain and logic.

Also a lot of ppl who even don't like it will use it cos it is in our nature to go easy way not to mention advatage it gives when searching objective, on kuban map it can be huge advatage in some areas regardless how experienced you are in navigation.

Also it will force some to fly higher instead hiding low on deck or something similar....so it does inpact server flight pattern and behaviour a lot.

But if majority wants it and admins are ok with it, fine..... nobody forces anybody to fly on certain server!

It will gain some numbers or it will repel some others.

For me it is immersion killer.

We are here to compete in pilot skills and navigation is one of them.

Cheers!

• Like 1

On 8/31/2018 at 5:08 PM, Otto_bann said:

Your friends will be for ever newbies if they stay flying with TRACKIR...

1st time TRACKIR was used (by the way of satellites constellation launched by NASA) in... 1973. Yes, with TRACKIR, anachronism is on too!

At last, TRACKIR decrease badly the possibilities to learn and progress to navigate (THE problem for your friends). You (they) will never be good navigator(s) using TRACKIR, the worst aberrant stuff on WW2 simulator.

Make score with TRACKIR is one thing. Do the same score in VR is an other business...

Learn to flyin VR is not so tricky , but so much rewarding.

Fixed that for you.

On 9/5/2018 at 8:56 AM, Otto_bann said:

No offence mate, but you say full real server is great and yet complaining about vulching. I dont get it.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, 2/JG26_Krak said:

No offence mate, but you say full real server is great and yet complaining about vulching. I dont get it.

Already talked about this here https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/38998-knights-of-the-air-multiplayer-server/?do=findComment&comment=665062

Also,  I strongly suspect that it's often the same guys who are for gps on and for vuch permitted too. But maybe I'm wrong by a false feeling.

CU soon around clouds

Edited by Otto_bann
  • Upvote 1

I think air field raids should be allowed. However  AF raping only should be forbidden cause it just makes the game boring over time. But like said before, low altitude AF raids should be allowed. Especially since it most likely ends with the death of the vlcher anyway. But also because it was/is amain part of gaining Air superiority in every war. 

Imagine Barbarossa or the six-day war without AF vulching.  But all vulcher pilots should keep in mind that this is still a game (even if FR) and should create fun. So do not overrape the enemy AF. 

But i dont like the rule of prohibit it completely.

GPS is tricky, i can navigate without but ofc i use it if it is on. Mostlöy i like the fact that GPS gives easier access to new players. I would like to keep it. If i no löonger use it thats my choice and if others do and gain a 1% advantage, i wont mind.

• Like 2

Our new map is almost ready. I think it will be uploaded to server on the upcoming weekend. 

See you around, Fellow Aviators!

2 hours ago, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

Our new map is almost ready. I think it will be uploaded to server on the upcoming weekend. 

See you around, Fellow Aviators!

Any hint on what it will be? ^^

Btw, could you add to your stats website the name of the mission and the time left above the number of players connected (like in WoL stats page)? it's practical to check out which mission is being played without having to enter the game and see the muliplayer server list.

Edited by -=PHX=-SuperEtendard
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, -=PHX=-SuperEtendard said:

Any hint on how it will be? ^^

Btw, could you add to your stats website the name of the mission and the time left above the number of players connected (like in WoL stats page)? it's practical to check out which mission is being played without having to enter the game and check out the muliplayer server list.

It will be a moscow map, with some interesting weather type :) and with early planes, and a little bit shorter distances keeping in mind that the early planes are slower. 
Everything will be described here. 

Edited by -[HRAF]BubiHUN

In my opinion a forums poll is not representative for what the players prefer. Here is why:

The reason is that in most cases, folks on the forums are much more involved into the game and often prefer GPS off.

The average players are less represented on the forums and may prefer GPS on.

Also, keep in mind that GPS off may exclude the average people from the server, and may make them switch servers. GPS on allows the crowd and the more engaged players to both stay on KOTA.

That must be considered.

P.S. I prefer it off gameplay wise. But in regards to the community, ultimately, I'd rather like the server more accessible.  So many greenhorns flock and stick around and never leave WoL for this reason.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

15 hours ago, -=PHX=-SuperEtendard said:

Any hint on what it will be? ^^

Btw, could you add to your stats website the name of the mission and the time left above the number of players connected (like in WoL stats page)? it's practical to check out which mission is being played without having to enter the game and see the muliplayer server list.

Thats what I'm working on it and waiting for the answer from =FB=Vaal or someone who can help me. The main problem is il2_stats client and the WOL il2_stats client is different cause it has third party development on the website. For example I do the awards but no documentation how to render to coalitions etc. same here for the players and player numbers on the main page. If anyone has experience please put me a DM on the forums or Discord. ;)

Before and when this poll started, the people who spoke the most radically was at ''on'' side and everyone found this idea of poll good. Now when the poll is turned SO clearly for the ''off'' side, this same poll is contested ...

The ease seems  a path followed unshame at all levels and at all time by the same guys. A bit sad for them.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Otto_bann said:

Before and when this poll started, the people who spoke the most radically was at ''on'' side and everyone found this idea of poll good. Now when the poll is turned SO clearly for the ''off'' side, this same poll is contested ...

You're lying about me @Otto_bann

Here is why: You clearly refer to me, since I am contesting the polls' validity. However, last time I have partaken in this thread was 2 weeks ago. I never mentioned anything on a poll, neither positive nor negative.

And regarding GPS I said exactly the same, that I say now.

Go check the link.

35 minutes ago, Otto_bann said:

The ease seems  a path followed unshame at all levels and at all time by the same guys. A bit sad for them. 

How poetic for an ad hominem. Seems salty. I called for the thread to get cleaned up from you and the other guy and your flaming off-topic discussion before. How about you partake in the discussion via proper reasoning, argumentation and example?

I am sure the people here would appreciate an end to this toxicity. I certainly would.

Edited by SCG_Fenris_Wolf

45 minutes ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

...You clearly refer to me...

How about you partake in the discussion via proper reasoning, argumentation and example?

No no, I never quoted you and you are not the only guy or first one to talking against the obvious result of this poll or trying to minimize it.
It was not an attack against you especially but few words about my feeling when some guys said on this thread since the ''off'' side turn to wins. It's not a good democratic way imo :)

About argumentation (and if I understood correctly your question) for why gps has to be off, I think to have writen enough since few days (check my previous posts)

Edited by Otto_bann