-[HRAF]BubiHUN

KNIGHTS OF THE AIR Multiplayer Server

vad-asz was asking for impressions of the new 1943 Kuban mission, but I hadn't had the chance to actually attack anything while he was on.

So here goes:

A very good "massed assault" kinda feel, but a lot less tactical than usual. Both of these for the same reason. :)

Centring essentially all the targets for one team like that makes for a very nice dense atmosphere. AAA, planes and explosions everywhere.
I was quite impressed by how well the server was handling the sheer amount of stuff on the ground combined with basically having the entire server flying within ten clicks of that at the same time. 

Similarly, I suppose that the density of targets and planes promotes a more casual approach to fighting as there is little to no need to search for targets. Quite the show and rush, definitely, but not something I for one would want to fly in over and over again without more spread out, "slower" engagements in between.

One separate criticism from the perspective of level bombing, the placement of the wind, and the very low wind speed (1 m/s at all altitudes) was a bit disappointing as it took out what little challenge there is in setting the dials right, as direction and lack of speed lined up more or less perfectly with take-off and target alignment.
But I suppose this could've been done on purpose to lower the "intimidation" factor of the bomb sight a bit?

On the other hand I quite enjoyed the fact how hard it was to miss for a casual after-work flight. ;) 

Edited by wellenbrecher
  • Thanks 1

Just went home to base , with a tail of smoke after me .....

1 I'll thanx for the company of a FW a while ago - and last trip a white bf109 , thank you for the dance in the air 😁

2   if a bridge or other is destroyed in game , is it for the rest of the games/map time ??

Edited by Sire
Ps - I was flying a bf109 too with yellow nose -

54 minutes ago, Sire said:

if a bridge or other is destroyed in game , is it for the rest of the games/map time ??

No, they wont respawn.

1 hour ago, wellenbrecher said:

but a lot less tactical than usual.

Yes, as a historical map, tried to "simulate the meatgrind".

Edited by -[HRAF]BubiHUN

I was curious and was looking at my killboard ...

Pilots name I understand , but the thumps up /down ??

I have never seen that possibility when I'm been shooting down 

35 minutes ago, Sire said:

I was curious and was looking at my killboard ...

Pilots name I understand , but the thumps up /down ??

I have never seen that possibility when I'm been shooting down 

That just the indicator like: I shot him down - He shot me down

Bubihun 

Ooooh yeah ......now I see .....and understand .......

And if both thumps up and thumps down  - then we both goes down  😁👍👍👍

Dear @VOLGA!

Sorry for the for the inconvenience, we rewamped our stat system under the hood around november but we didn't updated all text. Our FAQ and award descriptions are fixed!

Edited by -[HRAF]Arrow19

Last Q at moment ......maybe  🤔

I downloaded costum skin - FX  bf109 E4 - and there's a special one I like 

Can all in game see that , or is it only ppl who have the skin on own computer ?

@Sire due the game limitations, only people can see who already have the skin in our computer.

Edited by -[HRAF]Arrow19
  • Upvote 1

My very first edited video. This clip is from last week solo sortie on you very nice server. Thank you, I hope you'll appreciate. 

Edited by =FEW=ayamoth89
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hmmm ...that's a sad story - I choose a skin , and my 'mio ego' have the feeling I'm a really dangerous Russian killer !  

And the Russian fly around and look at me like a ordinary pilot with new polish shoes 🙄

😁

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

Yes, as a historical map, tried to "simulate the meatgrind".

And you certainly succeeded.😁

• Thanks 1

Great server for flying in recent times 🙂

but I don't like one thing - the inclusion of the 109 G-6 and the La5-FN in the Kuban spring map and the location of the airfields. The aircraft weren't their in Kuban spring, they were there only (not even confirmed in La case) very late in 1943. I would prefer a Kuban spring without those two but with the Mig-3 and the I-16 (both were still used in Kuban) and the 109 F4. In addition the front was around the Caucasus and black sea during that time, so a shift towards them would be nice (this would allow us to fly along these nice mountains, where some fierce battles happened as well).

I'd like to see a Kuban winter map in addition (using the autumn map) with the front closer to Kerch using the current "Kuban spring" aircraft set, which would be more historical.

The current one is just a tad too far away from history.

Apart from that, I really like your servers, keep it up 🤗

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, II./JG77_Manu* said:

Great server for flying in recent times 🙂

but I don't like one thing - the inclusion of the 109 G-6 and the La5-FN in the Kuban spring map and the location of the airfields. The aircraft weren't their in Kuban spring, they were there only (not even confirmed in La case) very late in 1943. I would prefer a Kuban spring without those two but with the Mig-3 and the I-16 (both were still used in Kuban) and the 109 F4. In addition the front was around the Caucasus and black sea during that time, so a shift towards them would be nice (this would allow us to fly along these nice mountains, where some fierce battles happened as well).

I'd like to see a Kuban winter map in addition (using the autumn map) with the front closer to Kerch using the current "Kuban spring" aircraft set, which would be more historical.

The current one is just a tad too far away from history.

Apart from that, I really like your servers, keep it up 🤗

Thank you for highlighting that. 

See you around.

3 hours ago, =FEW=ayamoth89 said:

My very first edited video. This clip is from last week solo sortie on you very nice server. Thank you, I hope you'll appreciate. 

You can improve your videos.

When in your or friendly external cam, press F8 to keep camview in the enemy, when in enemy's view, press Shift + F8 to keep camview in you or friendly.

If you keep pressing, the camview will change the target if it is nearby.

If combating against Spit, try to do loop intead of a horinzontal turn and... a question?
Why do you do head to head against Spit (you had advantage)?????? :dash:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, 3./JG15_HansPhilipp said:

If combating against Spit, try to do loop intead of a horinzontal turn and... a question?

Fake head-on, then High Yo-Yo

1 hour ago, 3./JG15_HansPhilipp said:

You can improve your videos.

When in your or friendly external cam, press F8 to keep camview in the enemy, when in enemy's view, press Shift + F8 to keep camview in you or friendly.

If you keep pressing, the camview will change the target if it is nearby.

thank you for the tips about cameras that I didn't know. About the head on... if you see I was texting on the chat so I recognised that the spit was turning into me a little bit too late, but I hit him with a good burst while he didn't hit me at all. I lost my wing due to a contact with its wing but he didn't report any damage from this... 

9 часов назад, -[HRAF]Arrow19 сказал:

Уважаемый  @VOLGA !

Приносим извинения за неудобства, мы обновили нашу систему статистики под капотом в ноябре, но мы не обновили весь текст. Наши FAQ и описания наград исправлены!

What do changes in this award consist in? 

Screenshot_5.jpg

Keep up the good work , we await the next patch to fix multiplayer . I'm sure it's frustrating for you as a host . 

Do you have a skin pack that can be used . 

Edited by II./JG77_Con
  • Like 1

After a couple of months getting used to the aircraft in this SIM in other servers, we at the 334th are really enjoying our time in your server.
It's definitely my favourite.
Many thanks :D

BTW while I'm here, does your TS get populated or are you all on discord?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, II./JG77_Con said:

Keep up the good work , we await the next patch to fix multiplayer . I'm sure it's frustrating for you as a host . 

Do you have a skin pack that can be used . 

On discord there is a channel with links to all the skins, you can download them from there.

18 hours ago, 334th_KMA said:

After a couple of months getting used to the aircraft in this SIM in other servers, we at the 334th are really enjoying our time in your server.
It's definitely my favourite.
Many thanks 😄

BTW while I'm here, does your TS get populated or are you all on discord?

Most players are on discord.

16 hours ago, Balu0 said:

On discord there is a channel with links to all the skins, you can download them from there.

Thanks 

• Like 1

On 1/16/2019 at 8:01 AM, Balu0 said:

Does IL2 still have the problem where anyone using a custom winter skin in a Winter map will be seen wearing a default Summer skin by anyone who has not downloaded the Winter skin as well?

Edited by 56RAF_Roblex

5 minutes ago, 56RAF_Roblex said:

Does IL2 still have the problem where anyone using a custom winter skin in a Winter map will be seen wearing a default Summer skin by anyone who has not downloaded the Winter skin as well?

Yes

Can these skin packs be included in the skin section of Discord please?

7Jq2EQ7.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4ki8zyncjr06wx8/SCG Skin Pack 3.1v - Bf109 E%2CF%2CK series.exe?dl=0

And this one as well:

S3Bm9H0.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ozi6zx8gek1uaey/SCG Skin Pack 3.1v - Bf109G series.exe?dl=0

Note that both of these packs come in an installer. All you have to do is point to your game's root folder when prompted.

Thank you!

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, SCG_Riksen said:

Yes

Can these skin packs be included in the skin section of Discord please?

7Jq2EQ7.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4ki8zyncjr06wx8/SCG Skin Pack 3.1v - Bf109 E%2CF%2CK series.exe?dl=0

And this one as well:

S3Bm9H0.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ozi6zx8gek1uaey/SCG Skin Pack 3.1v - Bf109G series.exe?dl=0

Note that both of these packs come in an installer. All you have to do is point to your game's root folder when prompted.

Thank you!

Wrote to you on our discord. Please, check it.

44 minutes ago, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

Wrote to you on our discord. Please, check it.

Got it. Thank you sir!

How does one submit custom skins and how or where do we DL custom skins>

Thanks in advance

JG51_Ogg

CO JG51 Molders

12 minutes ago, JG51_Ogg said:

How does one submit custom skins and how or where do we DL custom skins>

Thanks in advance

JG51_Ogg

CO JG51 Molders

Open the links I posted on our discord, links open one folder. You can see the skins, right click on them then download.

Reds are some times out numbered is there a penalty for going onto Red side if numbers are well down . Will this effect stats .

Edited by II./JG77_Con

4 minutes ago, II./JG77_Con said:

Reds are some times out numbered is there a penalty for going onto Red side if numbers are well down . Will this effect stats .

Swapping to the outnumbered team gives you more points, as far as I know.

Question - Can tracks not be recorded on this server? I like to review missions for discussions :)

3 hours ago, JG7_X-Man said:

Question - Can tracks not be recorded on this server? I like to review missions for discussions :)

Hi !

For better server performance we switched it OFF.

16 hours ago, -[HRAF]vad-asz said:

Hi !

For better server performance we switched it OFF.

Rgr that!

• Upvote 1

I just attacked a friendly, and probably killed him. Don't know who my victim was, i just left the server instantly. Whoever it was, im truly sorry.Tired as i was, i should simply not have entered the server. I know, there is no excuse for that, especially not for a pilot like me. :fool:

Edited by I./JG62_Knipser
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

:pioneer:

appreciated!

the other day MAGANEWYORK killed my 110 on WOL in 4 passes in his 109....left server immediately, next day i called him on it. he said it was a mistake. no sorry, no apology. real classy, whoever he is..

1 hour ago, I./JG62_Knipser said:

I just attacked a friendly, and probably killed him. Don't know who my victim was, i just left the server instantly. Whoever it was, im truly sorry.Tired as i was, i should simply not have entered the server. I know, there is no excuse for that, especially not for a pilot like me. :fool:

Edited by SCG_Tzigy
  • Upvote 2