-[HRAF]BubiHUN

KNIGHTS OF THE AIR Multiplayer Server

38 minutes ago, klobuk said:

OK sorry that I've have mentioned things that are obvious and devs are working on them to fix them... I like design of German aircrafts (therefore I fly Axis) and therefore my statements are rubbish as you said... Really no point to waste time here... 

Source please?

They fixed them (most of issues related to both sides), 190 and 109 wings are not fragile anymore, vvs plane engines die a lot quicker now same as axis, if you don't thrttle down and decrease rpm, overheating is more common, vvs planes are more fragile and lose maneuverability when damaged.

It all depends on ammo type, or you would like balance there too so both sides balistics are same and unhistorical?

Again fly both sides to see it yourself!

Only some BoBp planes needs improvements as i see but it's normal for EA.

Edited by EAF_Ribbon

3 hours ago, klobuk said:

But I can post here stats of won missions from WoL server (KOTA stats are NA atm)

How odd to use WoL stats in a KOTA discussion to prove the Axis aircraft are not effective when the Axis have won (almost?) all the games on KOTA.    You can't use the excuse that the KOTA stats are down at the moment because before it went down everyone saw that the Axis was winning every time.   Did you not see that and are making a wrong assumption or are you hoping that nobody else saw that?

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, EAF_Ribbon said:

Source please?

They fixed them (most of issues related to both sides), 190 and 109 wings are not fragile anymore, vvs plane engines die a lot quicker now same as axis, if you don't thrttle down and decrease rpm, overheating is more common, vvs planes are more fragile and lose maneuverability when damaged.

It all depends on ammo type, or you would like balance there too so both sides balistics are same and unhistorical?

Again fly both sides to see it yourself!

You can see this bug report for ammo if you are talking about historical accuracy... (I don't even mention 30mm because it's work in progress)

I'm flying spit in berloga so I can easily compare ammo damage and it's really difference... You cannot argue with me in this point if you are flying on both sides 24/7 beating everyone. And please read this thread... I'm not talking about any balance 😄 I was talking that I don't want to balance and remove big bombs for axis side. I have feeling that only thing you can do is go after players that have another opinion than yours... So if you'll be so kind please stop attacking me and better read this thread... Thank you very much

10 minutes ago, 56RAF_Roblex said:

How odd to use WoL stats in a KOTA discussion to prove the Axis aircraft are not effective when the Axis have won (almost?) all the games on KOTA.    You can't use the excuse that the KOTA stats are down at the moment because before it went down everyone saw that the Axis was winning every time.   Did you not see that and are making a wrong assumption or are you hoping that nobody else saw that?

Sorry I'm pretty new to KOTA and I don't have any knowledge about stats from previous missions.. But you can see where the loadout restrictions can lead from WoL stats... 

45 minutes ago, EAF_Ribbon said:

vvs planes are more fragile and lose maneuverability when damaged.

This one was really good 😄

17 minutes ago, klobuk said:

You can see this bug report for ammo if you are talking about historical accuracy... (I don't even mention 30mm because it's work in progress)

I'm flying spit in berloga so I can easily compare ammo damage and it's really difference... You cannot argue with me in this point if you are flying on both sides 24/7 beating everyone. And please read this thread... I'm not talking about any balance 😄 I was talking that I don't want to balance and remove big bombs for axis side. I have feeling that only thing you can do is go after players that have another opinion than yours... So if you'll be so kind please stop attacking me and better read this thread...

This one was really good 😄

As i said BoBp aircrafts are EA and need fixes (read my post carefully); 30mm cannons and spit 25boost and 150 octane fuel while k4 with 1.98 ata is here....so much about allies being overpowerfull.

Your whine also was about pe2 and it's gunners, red planes engine damage and maneuverability, when damaged and yet you only fly Spit mk.9 (early acces plane) and claiming russian planes don't affect from such damage.

Suddenlly you forgot all those things you posted so i see there is no point discussing with you, you're to stubborn to see anything from another side.

Once more try to fly them a bit more, claiming something is wrong without experience it.... is sad.

To know which device is faulty you need to try them both.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, EAF_Ribbon said:

Your whine also was about pe2 and it's gunners, red planes engine damage and maneuverability, when damaged and yet you only fly Spit mk.9 (early acces plane) and claiming russian planes don't affect from such damage.

Suddenlly you forgot all those things you posted so i see there is no point discussing with you, you're to stubborn to see anything from another side.

Please show me this post you are talking about...

2 hours ago, klobuk said:

I don't know if you didn't read previous posts but I wasn't the one who was crying. I just wanted to say that there is no point to restrict big bombs for Axis because Allied side in general is more powerful and this thing is obvious from online stats and also in many topics here on forum... I'm not saying that Allied aircrafts are outperforming all Axis aircrafts. There are few simple things like HE ammunition is worse than hispano etc. Try to fight with 109 after 3 hits from hispano.. you will be probably dead before you can try that... and in other hand yak, spit or La-5 can turn fight with you after you hit them 5 times with 20s... (same thing applies for bombers where Pe-2 can take huge amount of damage compared to Axis bombers and fly nominal) So this is really unrealistic, it was mentioned many times here on forum... Despite of this you want to restrict bombs for Axis...

Here :)

1 hour ago, EAF_Ribbon said:

And mine here :)

16 minutes ago, EAF_Ribbon said:

Here :)

And mine here :)

Sorry but I can't see anything about Pe-2 gunners or engines. I was only mentioning known facts, where you really cannot argue with me and those are under-performing 20mm HE compared to hispano and that it is unrealistic that vvs planes are capable to fly nominal after 5 hits from 20s and turnfight with you... I have nothing else to say sorry. Read that bug report maybe it will open your eyes... This facts contribute to overall over-performance of vvs... I'm done here... no point to add something more sorry. I wish you happy flying 

8 minutes ago, klobuk said:

Sorry but I can't see anything about Pe-2 gunners or engines. I was only mentioning known facts, where you really cannot argue with me and those are under-performing 20mm HE compared to hispano and that it is unrealistic that vvs planes are capable to fly nominal after 5 hits from 20s and turnfight with you... I have nothing else to say sorry. Read that bug report maybe it will open your eyes... This facts contribute to overall over-performance of vvs... I'm done here... no point to add something more sorry. I wish you happy flying 

Now you're doing typical justifying by derailing onto straws.

That report is about cannons, your claim on vvs planes being hit and still with same maneuverability and engine performance is funny cos you didn't try them, you don't fly them....i fly them regulary, two nights ago i was being hit twice in a yak, once engine died seconds after and second time after 1m.....maneuveralbility reduced big time too.

Sorry i also see no point discussing with someone who didn't fly certain planes and whine about them, tipical for certain ppl.

Very sad!

Have a nice life :)

Fly the other side occasionally! It helps your main side flying as well, you discover the capabilities strengths and weakness of you enemy. WW2 pilots would have given half their arm to fly  the enemies planes a few times just to know them better. Only a few test pilot had that opportunity and mainly only after the war.

1 hour ago, Balu0 said:

Fly the other side occasionally! It helps your main side flying as well, you discover the capabilities strengths and weakness of you enemy. WW2 pilots would have given half their arm to fly  the enemies planes a few times just to know them better. Only a few test pilot had that opportunity and mainly only after the war.

Thanks for advice, I flew all vvs aircrafts but only in quick missions (but not too much) not in multiplayer. I'm flying sometimes on berloga with La-5 FN and Spit IX. And from my experience I know that it's easier to shoot down german planes than russian. This is also pretty forward from ammunition test that I've mentioned here before. Only thing I wanted to say before I was constantly under attack from best vvs pilots on server is that there is no need to make loadout restrictions. Maybe adjusting objective sizes and dispersion is the way but not loadout restrictions... 

Please guys, stop this discussion about ammunition and damage etc. It is generally developing only into personnel insults which is really counterproductive. Also I would like to mention that this forum topic is about KOTA server nothing else. If you have anything related to the server, maps etc. please do not hesitate to discuss it but for the other issues about the game, there are other topics in this forum, please use them instead of this. Thank you for your understanding.

Edited by -[HRAF]Amergin
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 4

This is aa typical case of a problem between the chair and the joystick. No additional need to investigate or debate. His skill level makes him see the game differently and he tries to justify the outcomes by blaiming the game. Simple as that. Case solved. Moving on and back to the thread please.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 5

Let's change the topic to something fun.

JG51Molders has a "Squad night" on Sundays at 2000 Eastern United States Time Zone. 

We plan on flying our Squad Night on the Knights of the Air server.

We would enjoy the company of any persons who would like to fly with or against us.

>S<

CO JG51 Molders

JG51_Ogg

On 1/24/2019 at 1:55 AM, Disarray said:

Oh, I do fly the German planes. Just not so much online as I'd rather not contribute to one of the biggest problems facing the multiplayer side of this game. I'm well aware that some of the planes on the Allies' side can take a lot of abuse and still be nominally combat effective. But that doesn't mean the Germans are under-powered, that is just silly. And, no, I'm not joking. The PE-2 defensive guns are effective but only if you get shot and avoiding that part isn't the most difficult thing in the world once you understand how the gunners aim and shoot.

There you have just said it you dont fly online ``Well if you come online maybe your see for yourself how comical things are right now . Patch 3008 was far better IMHO.

Online feels buggy with warping airframes in front of crosshair . Damage is way off Online ``there is some thing wrong . !!!

3 hours ago, II./JG77_Con said:

There you have just said it you dont fly online ``Well if you come online maybe your see for yourself how comical things are right now . Patch 3008 was far better IMHO.

Online feels buggy with warping airframes in front of crosshair . Damage is way off Online ``there is some thing wrong . !!!

He actually said " Oh, I do fly the German planes. Just not so much online as I'd rather not contribute to one of the biggest problems facing the multiplayer side of this game. "

I take that to mean he's flying Russians online.  Not taking sides, just pointing out it appears you mis-read what he said.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Lack of loadout restriction Dont matter much when the LW have a much harder map to bomb and clear intentionally by design...

Yes the LW gets SC2500 and SC1800 but we must also bomb many many more targets on the map to clear it and win mission)

Eg, Industrial Facilities
The LW needed every building and box sometimes even carboard boxes.
(The LW targets have the highest durability and some buildings require much more bombs to kill)

The VVS needs less bombing of structures to clear it. 
(The vvs target have lower Durability and health settings So where a VVS 100kg bomb kills a building the LW might need a 250kg bomb.. )

Not Speculation.

Also Note:  There could be some inaccuracies due to Bubi and His team is overwhelmed with the server right now and had to do this in hurry.

• Thanks 3

Guys, please understand that we had to rework the big targets as the Dserver was already on the limit to handle that much object. The new targets are created by Bubi made on that way as Shadow already pointed out. To take consideration of the different bomb sets between VVS and LW the durability setting are different. So VVS bombing sets are as accurate to destroy LW targets as LW against VVS. Sorry if it is not clear enough, english is not my first language. :)

• Upvote 1

I see. I was under the impression that the targets were more or less the same. That changes things considerably.

4 minutes ago, Disarray said:

I see. I was under the impression that the targets were more or less the same. That changes things considerably.

Changing nothing as we are keeping the balance as much as possible.

You've misunderstood me. I mean that the targets being, basically, tuned to the bombs available to each side one side having a considerable advantage in bombing capability is less a factor in the balance.

I've popped into the server for a rip on your new maps.

I LOVE the early war. Thank you for the 1941 map. It's great. The I16 is my favorite in game aircraft. Thank you for giving me a plane set where I can take the little rat up for a good time. Not that I don't mind trying to take on 190s but an E7 or an F2 is more of a level playing field.

I like your new rules. As much as I enjoy a good vulch both giving and receiving I dislike chute shooting. It's mean spirited.

For rule clarification, am I allowed to do enemy airfield raids? I really do like the living feeling of being in a war having airfield raids. My best BoX memory is having Ju88s raid my field as I taxied away from the apron. The explosions and screen shaking with my force feedback kicking the stick was epic. Anyway....

I withdraw earlier criticism. I like where you are taking this.

Thanks for the efforts.

Edited by 7./JG26_Smokejumper
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

"For rule clarification, am I allowed to do enemy airfield raids? I really do like the living feeling of being in a war having airfield raids. My best BoX memory is having Ju88s raid my field as I taxied away from the apron. The explosions and screen shaking with my force feedback kicking the stick was epic."

Since we have set up our maps GPS off the spawn aifiels attack is allowed. But take consideration that the AAA is really nasty at the spawn airfields. 

57 minutes ago, -[HRAF]Amergin said:

"For rule clarification, am I allowed to do enemy airfield raids? I really do like the living feeling of being in a war having airfield raids. My best BoX memory is having Ju88s raid my field as I taxied away from the apron. The explosions and screen shaking with my force feedback kicking the stick was epic."

Since we have set up our maps GPS off the spawn aifiels attack is allowed. But take consideration that the AAA is really nasty at the spawn airfields. 

I have no problem with a bomber, or a formation of bombers (or fighter bombers) making  a pass and dropping all bombs,  even with some dropping half then coming back to drop the other half.   It is vulching we need to keep off the server.   A fighter coming down to take out some AA before the bombers arrive is OK but I would rather not see fighters or bombers making multiple passes purely to target human flown aircraft.

• Haha 1

It's a shame but for reasons unknown (possible hot weather here  ) the server ping load in screen  has gone from a steady 160 / 180 to 380+ for me in australia !  is it possible you guys have adjusted anything your end !  just a thought ,Regards 

3 hours ago, -[HRAF]Amergin said:

Thanks!

Edited by 7./JG26_Smokejumper

Also another thing i think many people don't consider is that a
111 with 2 x sc1800 or Sc2500 or Sc1000 has an enroute climb rate of 2-6m/s and airspeed of 180-250khp

So Thats flying on Average 80Km @ 4m/s @ 235kph = 20 minutes + 5 minutes for startup and Taxi.
Then
RTB @ 360-410kph So another 11-12 minutes 15 with landing pattern.

Thats 40 minutes for a single Heavy Sortie.

54 minutes ago, =TBAS=Sshadow14 said:

Also another thing i think many people don't consider is that a
111 with 2 x sc1800 or Sc2500 or Sc1000 has an enroute climb rate of 2-6m/s and airspeed of 180-250khp

So Thats flying on Average 80Km @ 4m/s @ 235kph = 20 minutes + 5 minutes for startup and Taxi.
Then
RTB @ 360-410kph So another 11-12 minutes 15 with landing pattern.

Thats 40 minutes for a single Heavy Sortie.

I'm not getting into the "who gets what restrictions" discussion because, frankly, I don't care. Let it all fly but, balance the map, I say.

I would like to point out that a typical Pe-2 sortie, if it's well flown and can remain undetected to the target, is similar in length.  Especially on Kuban hot weather maps where performance speed is reduced by a significant amount in level flight.

Hi! The server is overloaded! Everything hangs, twitches. When does the server, statistics website normally work when earns???😡

21 hours ago, =AVG77=Mobile_BBQ said:

I'm not getting into the "who gets what restrictions" discussion because, frankly, I don't care. Let it all fly but, balance the map, I say.

I would like to point out that a typical Pe-2 sortie, if it's well flown and can remain undetected to the target, is similar in length.  Especially on Kuban hot weather maps where performance speed is reduced by a significant amount in level flight.

I'd also like to point out 😄

Yes Maybe if the pe2 flies too low alt where trips take longer on deck then yes.
But the pe2 is a high alt plane made to fly above 5K it can quickly climb to 4K or even 6K (4,000m @ 12m/s so 5 minutes,)

Then as you flying higher can cover the map Much faster.
400kph IAS at 4K = about 500-515kph TAS or ground speed Just like the 110 e2

But 4K in He111 = About 310kph IAS or 380kph TAS or Ground speed so much slower.

A 109 or la5 at 5K doing 500 kph is really covering the ground at over 670kph

Edited by =TBAS=Sshadow14

That's funny, the last time I flew the Kuban '44 map, my Pe-2 would not go above 350 Kph and struggled almost pointlessly to get to 3K altitude.  Anything over .8 manifold, 2550 rpm and rads 100% caused engine death by overheat.  Normally full throttle, 2600rpm and 40% rads will get results on a winter map.  Unless the map is bugged somehow...

And BTW the extra time is consumed by flying in cloud cover, and taking alternate routes to the target and having to run home on the deck because getting altitude after a dive attack makes you too visible.  It's suicide to fly straight to the target high above cloud only to be seen by 190s and 109s that can take you down with a 2 second burst. Try it sometime. Let me know how it works out for you.  

Edited by =AVG77=Mobile_BBQ

I'm with Shadow on this one, the speed and climb rate make a Pe-2 sortie a laid-back stroll.

Since the servers the fellas I fly on have become mostly unbearable in terms of team balance we started leaving our dearly beloved 88s and 110s behind and started using Pe-2s and I am dumbstruck by the speed, sustained climb rate and sheer comfort of flying them when fully loaded.

Also: I CAN SEE WHAT IS STRAIGHT AHEAD OF ME! WHAT IS THIS SLAV MAGIC?😮

Apart from the comparatively minimal amount of bombs it can carry, it's the perfect tool for a relaxed, quick and uncomplicated level-bombing run in the evening.

First time essentially went like:

"Ok we're directly east of the target, let's swing in."

-Let's keep going south, we're not high enou-.... oh we're at 4k already.

Crammed three consecutive level bombing sorties at 5k into a mission with 2 hours remaining last night. Different server with slightly shorter distances than KOTA, mind, but still. The difference was striking to say the least.

39 minutes ago, wellenbrecher said:

I'm with Shadow on this one, the speed and climb rate make a Pe-2 sortie a laid-back stroll.

Since the servers the fellas I fly on have become mostly unbearable in terms of team balance we started leaving our dearly beloved 88s and 110s behind and started using Pe-2s and I am dumbstruck by the speed, sustained climb rate and sheer comfort of flying them when fully loaded.

Also: I CAN SEE WHAT IS STRAIGHT AHEAD OF ME! WHAT IS THIS SLAV MAGIC?😮

Apart from the comparatively minimal amount of bombs it can carry, it's the perfect tool for a relaxed, quick and uncomplicated level-bombing run in the evening.

First time essentially went like:

"Ok we're directly east of the target, let's swing in."

-Let's keep going south, we're not high enou-.... oh we're at 4k already.

Crammed three consecutive level bombing sorties at 5k into a mission with 2 hours remaining last night. Different server with slightly shorter distances than KOTA, mind, but still. The difference was striking to say the least.

It's the complete opposite for me.  I usually fly Red but if you told me I absolutely had to nail a target without being stopped and get home alive then I would take a JU88, climb high and make a high speed shallow dive attack and drop that whole awesome bomb load before escaping.  Nothing, but nothing, can stop you destroying the whole target apart from a rogue fighter up high and they are rare as hens teeth.    If it was something smaller then I would use the FW190 instead with exactly the same tactics as again it is unstoppable.  That is basically why I don't fly Blue often, I enjoy the fear of wondering whether you will even reach the  target and then wondering if you can limp home 🙂  The PE2 is very tough but it hates flying on one engine!

Oh I didn't mean the ability to smash a target in one go obviously. There I'd put the bets on the larger and to be honest simply better loadouts of Blue any day.

Even though we tend to not go with the biggest, but mix the 500s and 250s of the 88, for the simple joy of seeing explosions "walk" over the target. We're simple folk with simple pleasures 😇

Also we do prefer level bombing. It's hilariously overly accurate and this game has done a fantastic job of training what feels like 99% of players to fly on the deck. I can't even remember the last time we got intercepted before dropping the bombs. Go to 5k (the 88 can get to the supercharger "hole" on Climb settings before the engines blow, the hole lasts long enough to regenerate enough to allow you to keep staying in Climb mode till you reach target altitude, so there's not even a reason to touch the throttle during climb; game-y but it is what it is) bomb, go home and if engaged dive towards the nearest friendly AF at 600kph with dive brakes and you'll be fine (most of the time). And the old lady is sturdy as hell if someone does decide to shoot you during any of this.

And lastly a heartfelt yes, the Pe-2 can go suck as many male reproductive organs as it can fit into its bay as soon as one engine is out. Screw that.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, wellenbrecher said:

<...>for the simple joy of seeing explosions "walk" over the target. We're simple folk with simple pleasures 

Oh yes!  😂   Elmo likes Kaboom!

On 1/27/2019 at 1:08 PM, 56RAF_Roblex said:

It's the complete opposite for me.  I usually fly Red but if you told me I absolutely had to nail a target without being stopped and get home alive then I would take a JU88, climb high and make a high speed shallow dive attack and drop that whole awesome bomb load before escaping.  Nothing, but nothing, can stop you destroying the whole target apart from a rogue fighter up high and they are rare as hens teeth.    If it was something smaller then I would use the FW190 instead with exactly the same tactics as again it is unstoppable.  That is basically why I don't fly Blue often, I enjoy the fear of wondering whether you will even reach the  target and then wondering if you can limp home 🙂  The PE2 is very tough but it hates flying on one engine!

Feathering prop before engine dies is the key, after engine is dead you can't feather it since it has engine driven pump.

Do that as soon engine is damaged  (if rpm pointer start fluctate heavily) and it will make it easy to fly home on one engine.

Edited by EAF_Ribbon

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 7:08 AM, 56RAF_Roblex said:

The PE2 is very tough but it hates flying on one engine!

5 hours ago, EAF_Ribbon said:

Feathering prop before engine dies is the key, after engine is dead you can't feather it since it has engine driven pump.

Do that as soon engine is damaged  (if rpm pointer start fluctate heavily) and it will make it easy to fly home on one engine.

You can't feather the Pe-2 engines.  What you can do is reduce the damaged engine's RPM to minimum (provided the RPM limiter isn't the engine part that's busted), close the bad engine's radiator flaps and turn off the engine BEFORE it dies.  The prop will 'windmill' a bit during flight, which is not necessarily desirable but, there's a chance of turning the engine back on if it's really needed. Of course, this is all contingent on just how vigorously the RPM gauge is doing the unhappy dance.  A little RPM wobble and lower throttle and RPM settings and keep running... Full-on vodka wobbles - cut RPM and shut down the engine as soon as possible, if possible.   

I think you are missing the point. It does not matter what you do with the dead engine, the PE2 has barely enough power to sustain level flight on one engine so while it will get you home,  it will prove very tricky to land.   I did not say it wont fly on one engine and I am not saying you cannot land on one engine because as long as the other engine continues giving full power I always get home and I always land it. I simply said it "hates flying on one engine".   By contrast, the A20 does not care if it only has one engine.  Even if you lose it on the way to target you can happily continue on and  do your bombing run then fly home  🙂