-[HRAF]BubiHUN

KNIGHTS OF THE AIR Multiplayer Server

3 hours ago, II./JG77_HankDG said:

Seems there are some issues still with the server, keep up the good work though! So far I'm loving the planeset

Hi !

You mean the Dserver application, not our server Pc.... The Dserver app is sometimes overloaded.

KOTA is online again after restart.

Thanks for the comment.

Edited by -[HRAF]vad-asz

Airfields need more spawn points, waiting 15 minutes to spawn on allied side right now is not fun. We need either more spawn spots or another airfield.

Edited by 15th_JonRedcorn
  • Like 1

Why do I have to wait 10 minutes to spawn because somebody doesn't know how land and crashes into you on the ramp..... There isn't any need for a timer you have to fly an 1 hour to get anywhere in this server to begin with.. Remove timer or advise a reason to keep it.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, [TWB]fenderbird said:

Why do I have to wait 10 minutes to spawn because somebody doesn't know how land and crashes into you on the ramp..... There isn't any need for a timer you have to fly an 1 hour to get anywhere in this server to begin with.. Remove timer or advise a reason to keep it.

There is no timer for spawning. Please, describe your problem.

I fly ground thumpers all the time So I die /crash/get shot up a lot a real lot  ! Yesterday i spent half my 2 hour allotment waiting for  countdowns ! Hope this was a bug or an oversight . Respectfully yours 

(HRAF) Just read your reply ! started with map showing half red line around allied airfields on map saying under lite attack then your unable to spawn in    and if you do your given an endless amount of countdowns  ranging from hundreds of seconds to 20 odd seconds  !  This applies to any crash or death in the field also . 

Edited by wombatBritishBulldogs

How much longer will KubanSummer44 be on repeat for? It seems whenever I want to play KotA KubanSummer is on. I get the new planes are exciting and all that but not everybody has Bodenplatte yet. So its kind of pointless me coming online if I have no planes to fly.

12 minutes ago, wombatBritishBulldogs said:

I fly ground thumpers all the time So I die /crash/get shot up a lot a real lot  ! Yesterday i spent half my 2 hour allotment waiting for  countdowns ! Hope this was a bug or an oversight . Respectfully yours 

(HRAF) Just read your reply ! started with map showing half red line around allied airfields on map saying under lite attack then your unable to spawn in    and if you do your given an endless amount of countdowns  ranging from hundreds of seconds to 20 odd seconds  !  This applies to any crash or death in the field also . 

The "team-changing penalty" is 120 seconds. If you change team 3 times in a row, it will be 360 seconds. 

You can spawn on airfields that are under attack. 
You can't spawn on an airfield, that has it's spawn point full. The P-47 is a huge plane, and its almost takes the 6 free place of a spawn point. 
If you get a message "Airfield conditions changed" other players are starting up their engines. 

I encountered this about 1 hour ago, too. 

4 minutes ago, Alastair_S1D said:

How much longer will KubanSummer44 be on repeat for? It seems whenever I want to play KotA KubanSummer is on. I get the new planes are exciting and all that but not everybody has Bodenplatte yet. So its kind of pointless me coming online if I have no planes to fly.

As it was stated before, KubanSummer1944 is doubled, and after it, there is an early war mission. 

After last update multiplayer is worst. If you get killed can't respawn or hit start again..only to leave server and reconnect and sometimes on start i cant start at all.

And question-eneyone have problem on fw-a8 i have no gunsight only empty glass? it is not on when i start a plane. Other planes are ok.

The server connectivity defiantly took a dive after this patch; or maybe there is just something going on today. I had to try, no BS, 15 times or more to connect to the server earlier today.

56 minutes ago, Disarray said:

The server connectivity defiantly took a dive after this patch; or maybe there is just something going on today. I had to try, no BS, 15 times or more to connect to the server earlier today.

Hi ! 

We made a connection bandwith fine tuning on the dserver application.

Now runs smoother, the connection to the server is much faster.

Edited by -[HRAF]vad-asz

3 hours ago, Disarray said:

Been having this issue trying to connect to every single server. Can't even get on wings of liberty.

Hi gents,

is the award system broken? Missing the German Cross in silver and the Iron Cross 2nd Class.

See you in the air soon.

regards

Little_D

Hello Everybody! 

We are extending our GPS Off event to three days,(Friday, Saturday, Sunday from 30th of November)!
 From today, I will continue building up our fantasy Bodenplatte mission, and, I will rework our KubanSummer1944 mission.

See you around.

Edited by -[HRAF]BubiHUN
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

Hello Everybody! 

We are extending our GPS Off event to three days,(Friday, Saturday, Sunday from 30th of November)!
 From today, I will continue building up our fantasy Bodenplatte mission, and, I will rework our KubanSummer1944 mission.

See you around.

Hey BubiHUN, have you guys ironed out the getting into server and spawning issues? It seems they still persist!

5 minutes ago, II./JG77_HankDG said:

Hey BubiHUN, have you guys ironed out the getting into server and spawning issues? It seems they still persist!

Too many players trying to join our server at the same time. We can't do anything with that. 
I built up +1 airfields on KubanSummer1944 mission, to help the spawning. 

• Upvote 1

Love the missions for the Bodenplatte aircraft. Great initiative ! 

However there are at least two major set backs for players on the KOTA server. 

1: 20+ attemps to connect to the server

2: Greyed out start button forces reconnect issue again

3: Changed conditions message on start while plenty aircraft are available

Do you have a clear strategy ready for tackling these set backs ?

If you need funds, would you do a ‘go fund me’ campaign of some sort ? People may be willing to contribute to compensate you for upgrades or it-service.

Other than that great server ! Thanks for all your effort so far ! 

11 minutes ago, BurBur said:

Love the missions for the Bodenplatte aircraft. Great initiative ! 

However there are at least two major set backs for players on the KOTA server. 

1: 20+ attemps to connect to the server

2: Greyed out start button forces reconnect issue again

3: Changed conditions message on start while plenty aircraft are available

Do you have a clear strategy ready for tackling these set backs ?

If you need funds, would you do a ‘go fund me’ campaign of some sort ? People may be willing to contribute to compensate you for upgrades or it-service.

Other than that great server ! Thanks for all your effort so far ! 

We tried to talk with the devs about this, we received no replies.

2 hours ago, =AWACS=CG_Justin said:

KOTA Team, do you have an official Facebook page?

Hi ! 

We, don't have yet.

Edited by -[HRAF]vad-asz

4 hours ago, =AWACS=CG_Justin said:

KOTA Team, do you have an official Facebook page?

You can reach us anytime on our discord. Feel free to join.

Missing the German Cross in silver and the Iron Cross 2nd Class.

Silver German Cross = 5 air to air kills and 25 ground kills

Iron Cross 2nd Class = 10 air to air kills and 75 ground kills

4 hours ago, -[HRAF]Arrow19 said:

Silver German Cross = 5 air to air kills and 25 ground kills

Iron Cross 2nd Class = 10 air to air kills and 75 ground kills

Hi Arrow,

:dash:, i read or and not and. Would it not be better to make an or out of and? So Pilots that fly only fighters can get this 2 awards also. Would also be more historical.

Awards for fighters over air kills and for Bomber/fighter bomber  over groundkills.

regards

Little_D

57 minutes ago, 1./JG2_Little_D said:

Hi Arrow,

:dash:, i read or and not and. Would it not be better to make an or out of and? So Pilots that fly only fighters can get this 2 awards also. Would also be more historical.

Awards for fighters over air kills and for Bomber/fighter bomber  over groundkills.

regards

Little_D

People who only fly fighters can go for ground targets too. 

• Thanks 1

Net code is still realy bad,or it s just server overloaded 😄

Edited by FLY_

Putting in a report that the Kuban 44 map shows Allied pilots the 'Axis Ships have been attacked defend them now' message that only Axis players should be able to see.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Mobile_BBQ said:

Putting in a report that the Kuban 44 map shows Allied pilots the 'Axis Ships have been attacked defend them now' message that only Axis players should be able to see.

The funny thing is, I already fixed that. Somehow, ME trolled me - once more.

4 hours ago, 392FS_Jred said:

Guys the server needs restarted, why does it keep not changing rounds after its supposed to end?

Because when KOTA is full, the dserver app is overloaded and crashed, bugged, game is unplayable with massive lag and mission stocked.

We can do anything, but it doesnt helps.

This was the same issue yesterday on WOL too. So, it's a Master Server issue.

Our server PC is good and has a good Internet connection, the problem is not on our side.

Developers need to rework Multiplayer section, because it's full with bugs.

Mission stocked.jpg

Edited by -[HRAF]vad-asz
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

В 23.11.2018 в 19:50, -[HRAF]BubiHUN сказал:

Мы расширяем наше событие GPS Off до трех дней (пятница, суббота, воскресенье с 30 ноября)!

50/50 to Make it through the day, turning off GPS, it will be good!

PS

Sorry for my English

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, FLY_ said:

Net code is still realy bad,or it s just server overloaded 😄

It's a netcode issue:

• Haha 1

Strange thing today after a horrible week with problems everyone encountered    Except today with less people  Not one glitch the whole 2.5 hours in the server except for my usual getting shot down !  I Seem to cook the p-47 uphigh for some reason yet to work out why gages look fine one minute then the next the engine stops  No feathering just locks up solid !   I'll see if anyone is on ts tomorrow who understands it a bit better than I .   

On 11/25/2018 at 8:00 AM, -[HRAF]vad-asz said:

Because when KOTA is full, the dserver app is overloaded and crashed, bugged, game is unplayable with massive lag and mission stocked.

We can do anything, but it doesnt helps.

This was the same issue yesterday on WOL too. So, it's a Master Server issue.

Our server PC is good and has a good Internet connection, the problem is not on our side.

Developers need to rework Multiplayer section, because it's full with bugs.

Mission stocked.jpg

Do you have a plan to establish contact with 1CGS to discuss this isssue ?

Edited by BurBur
  • Upvote 1

Hi HRAF admins,

your award system is broken i think, please take a look at it. In your FAQ its stands clearly airkills or groundkills are counted for the award. But on your statspage it looks like it counds airkills and groundkills, to give an award to the pilot. So when i check my stats, i am missing 3 awards, that where not given before i die and stop my streak, because of this. Also BUBIHUN there are pilots out there that fly exclusive fighters and they should be not be punished with: you dont go groundpounding, you dont get this award.

Some ideas if it is possible with the statssystem:

I would like to see stats for the best bomberpilot and fighterpilot as a normal fighterpilot without groundpounding will never get on the top 10 or higher as you missing points, that you will never get, because you cant kill so mutch planes to reach the points of an bomberpilot.  Maby you could also show only pilots with an active streak on your stats page in the lists. I mean it looks a little bit strange to see a pilot in the top 10 or higher with high numbers of death but with lots of points and a pilot with low death numbers or no death is way down in the list.

Keep up the good work on your server and the good maps. Maby you could more often forget to switch GPS on again :lol:  after the weekend.

regards

Little_D

Edited by 1./JG2_Little_D
  • Upvote 1

I think some things are out of your control (many attempts required to connect to dserver) but others seem to be something about your mission design (grey button instead of being able to start a second sortie, strange behavior with parking). Some might be a combination (server overload at high player count). I like your server, please keep up the good work, but consider that some problems might be due to mission design.

Alonzo thank you, we already started to discuss that. We do not want all static maps even it would have better performance. Working now on balancing to design something which has content but with performance. Meantime we hope that devs are creating something woodooo on Dserver for better handling full servers at peak time.

• Upvote 2

On 11/24/2018 at 5:40 PM, 1./JG2_Little_D said:

Hi Arrow,

regards

Little_D

Hi, Little_D

Thanks, for your comments! When, the server started we discussed with the admins, what are the main goals to get awards, after 2 rounds we changed to be more challanged to the pilots (for example the addition of the ground kills) we always tweaking this settings to be more balanced like the maps. As far as I know KOTA have the most awards on all server, and ~4 mission you got the missing two with any JaBo aircraft, thats why we dont restrict the modifications.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orders,_decorations,_and_medals_of_Nazi_Germany

On 11/27/2018 at 11:25 AM, 1./JG2_Little_D said:

Hi HRAF admins,

your award system is broken i think, please take a look at it. In your FAQ its stands clearly airkills or groundkills are counted for the award. But on your statspage it looks like it counds airkills and groundkills, to give an award to the pilot. So when i check my stats, i am missing 3 awards, that where not given before i die and stop my streak, because of this. Also BUBIHUN there are pilots out there that fly exclusive fighters and they should be not be punished with: you dont go groundpounding, you dont get this award.

Some ideas if it is possible with the statssystem:

I would like to see stats for the best bomberpilot and fighterpilot as a normal fighterpilot without groundpounding will never get on the top 10 or higher as you missing points, that you will never get, because you cant kill so mutch planes to reach the points of an bomberpilot.  Maby you could also show only pilots with an active streak on your stats page in the lists. I mean it looks a little bit strange to see a pilot in the top 10 or higher with high numbers of death but with lots of points and a pilot with low death numbers or no death is way down in the list.

Keep up the good work on your server and the good maps. Maby you could more often forget to switch GPS on again :lol:  after the weekend.

regards

Little_D

FAQ will be updated in the weekend, you can move your mouse into the award and it shows the description.

Thanks,

Arrow