-[HRAF]BubiHUN

KNIGHTS OF THE AIR Multiplayer Server

1 hour ago, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

Port Anapa is quite close to the red spawn airfields. The differences are quite low, almost nothing.

Don't get me wrong, i know you're doing your best guys and you're doing a good job.....thanks for that :)

i don't want to sound ungraceful!

problem is not the distance rather the placement.

Blue port is in the path of all the fighters going from AF to other objectives so bumping on one is quite possible, having factory/front af objective close makes it easy to cover both.

On Red side port and ships are not in the way of fighters going to central objectives so unless someone is camping there for 20+min you won't bump into enemy.

Anyway allies should be organized better and ground objectives matter, to win the map.

1 minute ago, EAF_Ribbon said:

Don't get me wrong, i know you're doing your best guys and you're doing a good job.....thanks for that :)

Blue port is in the path of all the fighters going from AF to other objectives so bumping on one is quite possible, having factory/front af objective close makes it easy to cover both.

On Red side port and ships are not in the way of fighters going to central objectives so unless someone is camping there for 20+min you won't bump into enemy.

Anyway allies should be organized better and ground objectives matter, to win the map.

I didnt take it as an offense in any way.
The problem is the map, not the placement. That part of the Kuban map is quite strait.
We discussed that when I was building up KubanSummer1944 mission. There was no better option. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

It was like that before the G-14 came out for the La-5FN and the Mig-3.

I don't want to fly the FN; doesn't seem to be that popular, either. The other similar is the La-5F and both with Mig-3 don't have nearly as much speed/time advantage like the K4 has. In BOBP all (?) German planes will have the 10m emergency timers and generous 30m combat timers. IRL pilots avoided to fly like that because endurance and range mattered. Not so in our virtual multi-player. Unless... the map would have scaled down maximum values for fuel loads to match the MP reality.

Edited by Ehret

1 minute ago, Ehret said:

I rarely fly the FN if at all; the other similar is the La-5F and both with Mig-3 don't have nearly as much speed/time advantage like the K4 has. In BOBP all (?) German planes will have the 10m emergency timers and generous 30m combat timers. IRL pilots avoided to fly like that because endurance and range mattered. Not so in our virtual multi-player. Unless... the map would have scaled down maximum values for fuel loads to match the MP reality.

It was ordered to keep the engine on 1.2 ata. 

4 hours ago, EAF_Ribbon said:

Very strange flight last night on the server . A P47 could not be shot down . Tracer went right through the target .

Three different people tried to bring down this P47 .

On looking at the record track the P47 is not there its invisable there is no sign of the P47 on record track  .

But you can clearly see pilots trying to bring this so called P47 down . Its Very odd .

So im asking what is the highest ping for joining players .?

Is there a Bug with net code .?

Was the player cheating .?

Has the latest patch nerfd online play .?

IMHO i think its the latter or some thing is effecting the P47 Graphic wise and net code wise .

Anyone else have any ideas .

Before i put this over to the Bug reports forum .

Would or is it possible to have Airfields to LAND at in friendly lines Closer than the departing Airfields . If that makes sence .

Edited by II./JG77_Con

26 minutes ago, II./JG77_Con said:

Would or is it possible to have Airfields to LAND at in friendly lines Closer than the departing Airfields . If that makes sence .

+1 As an emergancy place to land, that also can be voulched, as it is no spawnbase.

question to admins, whey the hell is vulching allowed when GPS is off? To hard for pilots to get kills without gps?

regards

Little_D

I'm a little confused on the vulching thing too. There just doesn't seem to be any logic to allowing it simply because navigation has to be done manually. The navigation isn't that hard. Not when you have a fixed and known starting and ending point for your trip. If anything it is a distinction without difference. Hell, you even know how populated the fields are likely to be when you get there because it says it right on the map.

4 hours ago, 1./JG2_Little_D said:

+1 As an emergancy place to land, that also can be voulched, as it is no spawnbase.

question to admins, whey the hell is vulching allowed when GPS is off? To hard for pilots to get kills without gps?

regards

Little_D

Maybe because its a war. Kill the enemy when he can't kill you. I don't mind it. I think its a valid tactic.

So is shooting the pilot out of the sky as he drifts down after bailing out, in fact this happened fairly often in the fighting in the east, but that is against the rules, along with saying mean things to other players. I don't get why people can't figure out that this isn't actually the war... I'll help you out a bit on this one. If this was a war we would have intelligence gathering figuring out where, when and how the other side was doing things and plans would be made to counter that, we don't have that. This could go so far as tapping enemy communications but that is somewhat frowned upon by the game's community as I understand it. If this was a war we would have dedicated squadrons to defend our airspace and massed batteries of antiaircraft guns, especially key airfields like the ones the spawn points represent. We don't have that either. If this were a war killing the other guys would mean something, instead they just come back to fight us some more. I could probably go on but if you don't get it by now I'm not sure that you ever will.

Look, I get it. Some people like to pad their stats and put up the big numbers but shooting other players like fish in a barrel shouldn't be allowed. It isn't fun for the fish, you see, and could be seen as rather disrespectful, I see it that way in any event.

Edited by Disarray
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Disarray said:

So is shooting the pilot out of the sky as he drifts down after bailing out, in fact this happened fairly often in the fighting in the east, but that is against the rules, along with saying mean things to other players. I don't get why people can't figure out that this isn't actually the war... I'll help you out a bit on this one. If this was a war we would have intelligence gathering figuring out where, when and how the other side was doing things and plans would be made to counter that, we don't have that. This could go so far as tapping enemy communications but that is somewhat frowned upon by the game's community as I understand it. If this was a war we would have dedicated squadrons to defend our airspace and massed batteries of antiaircraft guns, especially key airfields like the ones the spawn points represent. We don't have that either. If this were a war killing the other guys would mean something, instead they just come back to fight us some more. I could probably go on but if you don't get it by now I'm not sure that you ever will.

Look, I get it. Some people like to pad their stats and put up the big numbers but shooting other players like fish in a barrel shouldn't be allowed. It isn't fun for the fish, you see, and could be seen as rather disrespectful, I see it that way in any event.

Some things are still need to discuss Disarray. Will you allow us to live our life, and, will you give us some time to settle some things too?
Few things will change soon. Stay in touch. If you get vulched at your spawn airfield, evade, and stay near the airfield so the defenses will shoot down your opponent for sure.

Edited by -[HRAF]BubiHUN

21 hours ago, II./JG77_Con said:

imo I think this one of the things that makes this server stand out from the likes of WoL

I really like the longer travel times.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

Some things are still need to discuss Disarray. Will you allow us to live our life, and, will you give us some time to settle some things too?
Few things will change soon. Stay in touch. If you get vulched at your spawn airfield, evade, and stay near the airfield so the defenses will shoot down your opponent for sure.

By all means, take your time. I'm not demanding immediate action or anything like that. Just providing feedback. I don't see evading as much of an option in a lot cases. If you are on final or on takeoff run there is nothing you can do but hope the other guy sucks at aiming. If you are on climb out in a particularly heavy plane, a loaded bomber or some of the heftier fighters you are a sitting duck more or less. And when you have a K4 screaming out of the stratosphere at you there is little time to react in the first place. As to the rules on this, specifically, I don't see how having the nav markers on or off makes any difference. A person can learn to navigate in an hour, maybe less, and with the way airfields are light up so returning planes can find them easier it is all the more easy.

• Thanks 1

Alternative to that is to belly land on the airfield and use a different airfield to respawn... And IMO killing the bomber in a climb out is a fair deal, it is not vulching when the aircraft has had enough time to gain speed in horizontal (but chose not to and instead climbed).

Started up the game for the first time in months and flew a bit, settled here and man it was good fun.

Lovely large level bombing target(s) as well ❤️

Cheers for hosting, will come back.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

On 12/12/2018 at 3:37 PM, 1stCL/Hybca said:

Hello HUN guys, do you plan a campaign or when? Which front (west, east)?

Hi!
No, not at the moment. There is another server for a campaign.

18 hours ago, wellenbrecher said:

Started up the game for the first time in months and flew a bit, settled here and man it was good fun.

Lovely large level bombing target(s) as well ❤️

Cheers for hosting, will come back.

Thanks for joining!

• Like 1

Hello Everybody! -[HRAF]Arrow19 collected many custom skins for the P-47, these skins are uploaded to our storage!
The link can be found on our discord!

• Like 1

hey guys.

i just wanted to say that you guys did a phenomenal job on this server. i'm really enjoying it especially with the boddenplatte planes. although i would like to share some of my thoughts

the reason why i play this server is for the boddenplatte planes. its a bit sad sometime when i finally have limited time to play, but the mission that is being play is not bobp. Seeing that this is the default server that everyone pick to play bobp plane, i think its better if you make this server as a dedicated (pre)bodenplatte server. 

but again that is just my thoughts

see you in the skies o7

Edited by Ustioo
  • Upvote 1

Hello Everybody!

Based on the poll's result, we will set up our missions to GPS Off mode from the 1st January 2019 immedately after the New Years Eve champagne! 
The server rules would change also, and taking effect after the new setup. We will inform You soon!

Meantime a new map is under contsruction reaching now the beta phase, we really hope that we can finish it before Christmas to provide You as our present. 

See you around

KOTA Team

Edited by -[HRAF]BubiHUN
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 4

Thank You for the four months of good steady gameplay great server well done guys  :good:I think this decision to turn off map arrow full time will comeback to haunt regardless people need to learn ! It's Very easy to navigate at 3 - 6 k I wonder if the same people pushing it would be happy navigating at 500 feet avoiding meteorites ground pounding ,Have a good xmas if  you celebrate it if not have a good day  :salute: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, 1.JaVA_RoodeDuivel said:

Belgian and the Netherlands...dutch and english speaking.

Can anyone reset 1.JaVA_Biggles pw or loing....he has lost it.

His registration will be deleted very soon, and then he can registrate again.

On 11/2/2018 at 8:18 AM, 3./JG15_HansPhilipp said:

Please, implement a current mission and time left in KOTA website

Thanks!

I can imagine the amount of work/time that you are taking to maintain, support, create new content, etc but, how is the implementation of the current mission and time left for it?
Thank you a lot guys! You are the best! :biggrin::salute:

Edited by 3./JG15_HansPhilipp
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, =19FAB=Sturm* said:

image.thumb.png.4de688226ba8a1b6729fd055f0ce4499.png

Hello,???

Hi ! 

Join to our KOTA Discord Channel, if u want.

Here is the info on our Discord Channel

" Hello, @everyone ! The server is protected with a password during our closed tests. Server will be public again, soon. "

We test the new Kuban map only at forenoons, wich will be presented on Christmas.

Thanks.

Edited by -[HRAF]vad-asz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello Everybody! Our closed test for today is done. KOTA will be public again in the next few minutes. 
In the forenoon of the upcoming Sunday we will do our next test.
Thank you for your understanding.

See you around

On 12/9/2018 at 12:40 PM, SeaSerpent said:

If you fly in the manner that gets you killed, captured, or shot down on nearly every mission (as your stats indicate), there is nothing "serious" at all about your flying.  You aren't heroic or team oriented, or mission oriented,  you are just an airquaker.    And I think furthermore, you have no idea what the fighter pilots are actually doing.  I wonder how many times a "stat-padder" as you call it has swooped down and saved your aircraft from certain destruction, and you weren't even aware of it.  People don't get good stats by staying up at 10k, they get good stats by fighting smartly, and where the action is, but guided by the principle of calculated risk, but not suicidally

Serious players join campaigns and use Wangs and Knights as air quake training.

Vulching rule: bad idea.......

Admin, pls don't make a stupid vulching rule. It adds to your own workload and just gives the whiners ammo to whine. Base rape brings life to airfields. I've been bombed on the ground during take-off and it's exciting. I love the mad scramble with bombs going off like a scene out of the Battle of Britain movie. I love climbing straight into a fight. If I get blasted out of the sky no dramas, get a new plane. If the airfield suppression is too great I will just spawn further back.

Give the whiners a far away airfield. It's their problem if they climb out with their lights on nice and straight. It's their problem if they don't circle airfields looking for a bouncer before dropping gear. On the rare times I enjoy a vulch it's the whiners fault for putting lights on in a combat zone and sleeping as they climb out. Dudes put lights on while taxiing....... Guys sit outside of flak and wait for the lights on in a combat zone dude to lazily climb out and get himself killed.

The whiners will just ruin being an admin and add to admin workload. The worst part is that airfield raids where historically common and many pilots where killed taking off and landing. Removing a playstyle which is historically accurate for a whiner who is too lazy to fly from a rear airfield ruins the excitement for more players than the VERY vocal criers who are always the same names......

Edited by 7./JG26_Smokejumper
  • Sad 1

Vulching is allowed when the GPS is off and Bubi said something about adjusting the rules when GPS will be permanently turned off next year, so I guess it stands to reason it will be permanently allowed then?

Personally I am of a similar mindset, never had much of a problem with it since the game helpfully tells you if an airfield is under attack before you spawn, but if they want to have it forbidden that's their choice and I for one am just as fine with that.

Edit 

Here, same page:

On 12/15/2018 at 6:25 PM, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

Hello Everybody!

Based on the poll's result, we will set up our missions to GPS Off mode from the 1st January 2019 immedately after the New Years Eve champagne! 
The server rules would change also, and taking effect after the new setup. We will inform You soon!

Meantime a new map is under contsruction reaching now the beta phase, we really hope that we can finish it before Christmas to provide You as our present. 

See you around

KOTA Team

Edited by wellenbrecher
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, 7./JG26_Smokejumper said:

Admin, pls don't make a stupid vulching rule. It adds to your own workload and just gives the whiners ammo to whine. Base rape brings life to airfields. I've been bombed on the ground during take-off and it's exciting. I love the mad scramble with bombs going off like a scene out of the Battle of Britain movie. I love climbing straight into a fight. If I get blasted out of the sky no dramas, get a new plane. If the airfield suppression is too great I will just spawn further back.

Give the whiners a far away airfield. It's their problem if they climb out with their lights on nice and straight. It's their problem if they don't circle airfields looking for a bouncer before dropping gear. On the rare times I enjoy a vulch it's the whiners fault for putting lights on in a combat zone and sleeping as they climb out. Dudes put lights on while taxiing....... Guys sit outside of flak and wait for the lights on in a combat zone dude to lazily climb out and get himself killed.

The whiners will just ruin being an admin and add to admin workload. The worst part is that airfield raids where historically common and many pilots where killed taking off and landing. Removing a playstyle which is historically accurate for a whiner who is too lazy to fly from a rear airfield ruins the excitement for more players than the VERY vocal criers who are always the same names......

Tapping communications was common during the war too, hell it is still a major thing. If I found out where you do your team to team communications and started listening in and feeding that info to everyone on my team, specifically targeting you and those with you, would you be OK with that? And as for your 'just use another field' theory, what happens when all the fields are covered? I guess then you just sit there and 'enjoy the exciting gaming experience' of simming fish in a barrel.

6 hours ago, 7./JG26_Smokejumper said:

<snip>

I think this is --exactly-- why they decided to have a No Vulch rule in the first place....they don't want their server to be used as "air quake training".   I think a lot of people don't have a problem with 'Vulching' per se, but they really don't want the kind of players who do it just because they are are looking to use the server as a quick fast-food arcade game server with no intention of coming back...and most of the time, when you see a spawn-point under attack, that's exactly what is going on.  There are dogfight/dueling servers intentionally meant to appeal to those wishing that play style, but clearly the owners of KotA are not looking to attract them.  I don't particulary care for the No Vulching rule myself, because I do think that sometimes airfield attacks are appropriate, (and it certainly has some obvious incompatibily with the very premise of Op. Bodenplatte) but if it helps discourage people from just using the server as a kamikaze playpen, then it's probably not a bad thing, at least when map icons are turned on.  Maybe the reason that they allow it when map icons are turned off is because that is an alternative deterrent to certain types of playstyles.  FWIW, I think when Bodenplatte comes of age, they are probably going to have to modify, or do away with the No Vulching rule.

Edited by SeaSerpent
  • Upvote 1

As we don't know who hosts that server we would like to ask all MP server hosters, to ask us first, if you want to use our missions! As we don't know who hosts that server, we ask you here!

lopottmission.png

• Like 1

21 hours ago, SeaSerpent said:

they don't want their server to be used as "air quake training".  

Too bad. It's a pub server. Combat zones end up as air quake. Even more so when people actually play objectives. If there are dedicated bombers there are fighters hanging out over targets and targets become huge furballs.

Fight at French point!!! We all get in a giant scrap.

Fight at ships, we go get in a giant scrap.

Fight over tanks!!!! We go get in a scrap......

No matter how you try and change player behaviour in a non campaign setting will never work. You can't make me LARP in a pub server if I don't feel like it. There are multiple campaign servers for a hardcore LARP two of which I'm active in. TAW and ACG, I can go LARP coconut as well.. When I'm in Wangs or Knights I'm in it to drop bombs and get in dogfights. I don't really care if I die. Getting shot down means a faster next sortie for a rinse repeat pub fight.

Rules to enforce a play style just mean admin workload increase. A rule which strips excitement on top of being non-historical in order to cater to the vocal crybabies is just balls.

On 12/11/2018 at 3:44 PM, Disarray said:

Lazy, spawn further back and stop ruining the fun by crying all the time. YOU are one of the main screamers. You scream in server and forum. You ruin a good time for others because you can't be bothered to spawn further back.

On 12/19/2018 at 10:02 AM, Disarray said:

Tapping communications was common during the war too, hell it is still a major thing. If I found out where you do your team to team communications and started listening in and feeding that info to everyone on my team, specifically targeting you and those with you, would you be OK with that? And as for your 'just use another field' theory, what happens when all the fields are covered? I guess then you just sit there and 'enjoy the exciting gaming experience' of simming fish in a barrel.

I love the spawn scramble. I don't sit there. I kick the tires, light the fires and take off into a deck fight. Deck fight = best fight. Shooting while still going wheels up?!?!?!!? Fek yeah!

I relentlessly fly short side too in the dog fighters. I16, P40, E7 oh yeah. It's my bag baby.

Quit trying to wreck the fun and spawn further back if you don't like it.

If your idea of fun is shooting up people on the parking area, or on the take off/landing run I'm really not all that concerned if I'm 'ruining' it. Don't come bitch at me if you can't handle an opinion that isn't yours. But while you are here maybe you can enlighten me as to how I should spawn at a field further back when all of them are being camped? How should I attempt to limp back to the airfield after a fight when there someone watching all of them? Why should your 'fun' be prioritized over everyone else? While your at it explain to me the historical context of sitting just outside the known detection range of the enemy guns attacking with impunity with no alert fighters, no spotter corps and none of the other defensive measures that were there historically? I'd also be curious to hear your opinion on my monitoring your comms and feeding valuable intel to my team. I mean that is historical and maybe that is just my play style. I'm sure you'd be fine with that, right? You wouldn't want to be one of those people screaming and ruining other people's fun, would you?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Disarray said:

If your idea of fun is shooting up people on the parking area, or on the take off/landing run I'm really not all that concerned if I'm 'ruining' it. Don't come bitch at me if you can't handle an opinion that isn't yours. But while you are here maybe you can enlighten me as to how I should spawn at a field further back when all of them are being camped? How should I attempt to limp back to the airfield after a fight when there someone watching all of them? Why should your 'fun' be prioritized over everyone else? While your at it explain to me the historical context of sitting just outside the known detection range of the enemy guns attacking with impunity with no alert fighters, no spotter corps and none of the other defensive measures that were there historically? I'd also be curious to hear your opinion on my monitoring your comms and feeding valuable intel to my team. I mean that is historical and maybe that is just my play style. I'm sure you'd be fine with that, right? You wouldn't want to be one of those people screaming and ruining other people's fun, would you?

I can handle differing opinions. It's your endless whining that gets on my tits. From forum to server you love to have a good cry and tell others how they should play. A bit dictatorial doncha think?

Your style of lame fun is easy, spawn further back. My style is pants of fire take off into a fight. I LIKE the excitement of being the on the receiving end of an airfield raid far more than going over to their field.

You make the worst red herring arguments....

If some dude is hanging outside of flak range he's not vulching anymore....... Sure he's camping and you are at a disadvantage but you are airborne..... Quit trying to equate a disadvantaged fight to being vulched.

If some dude is chilling in comms being a spy he's being a bit dodgy but hey, it was done. Not a hill to die on.

Your situation where all three fields are getting raped is a non argument. Having enough people to co-ordinate a multi field vulch pinning everyone to the ground doesn't happen anywhere but TAW when we are VVS and pinned into the corner with one single field left. When I was getting vulched this week in TAW as I spawned I alt F4d and jumped into Knights for a P47 run..... I made a post in TAW laughing, the opposite of your tears. It sucked only because I was looking forward to the 50 vs 3 fight.

Vulching to the point of not being able to spawn in on the ONLY airfield doesn't happen in Wangs or Knights. You are making up stories. In my 3000 hours of online dogfighting the scenario you describe is fake. Being pinned to the ground on every field does not happen. You may find fighters outside flak range and calling that vulching is a stretch.

I'm arguing with you because if I do a post search on you this theme of you crying about vulching will give me many hits. I dislike your laziness by choosing a forward field and your willingness to enforce your views on the majority by using the squeaky wheel tactic.

If no one counters your screeching the whiner view will win.

Pretty sure I've got video of you screeching at me about not escorting my bombers properly only to blow you out of the sky minutes later while trying to take a swipe at my bomber I wasn't protecting. You screech at people in game and try to dictate how others play. I don't like it and find it distasteful as a character trait.

Then I must have imagined all those times that both fighter fields were under threat at the same time. Silly me. Or do you suggest that I fly out an A-20 or IL-2 to counter the high altitude fighter threat? While I have you here why don't you tell me what I had for breakfast too. Wouldn't want to get that confused too and you seem to be ever so knowledgeable about the things I've seen and done and seemingly all the things that happen everywhere else too, what with your 3000 hours of play. And don't give me that crap about people sitting just outside of gun range watching fields not being vultures. You know as well as I that they can be in, make the attack and be out with virtually no threat to them.

As for dictating things, I don't follow. If anyone is coming in and dictating it would be you. 'Don't talk about this' 'Don't say anything about this thing I like' 'Don't have this rule or that' and so on. Meanwhile I'm here asking for things. Simple requests and feedback. And if asking for a little civility and fair play is 'crying' and 'whining' I guess I'm guilty of that. The shock, shame and horror of it all. If all you are looking for is a fight there is no reason that the fight has to be had on one team's doorstep. The only reason it would have to be there is if you are looking to shoot fish in a barrel.

• Like 1

Hello, I'm going to write 2x suggestions that I thought very carefully

I was very happy for KOTA's initiative in creating a substitute map for the new battle being developed. The server concept of using a giant map for the 84 players works very well, as we can see. Removing the GPS was also interesting, I already had the habit of playing this way in the late 2000s

However ... you have to consider all the possibilities and situations that can happen. It is not always possible to fill the server with 84 players, sometimes the average number of players is half that.The big maps are great but I believe an alternative especially for weekdays with a somewhat reduced but still large size map would be nice

So I have a 2x very simple suggestion that could attract more players and create a more objective and dynamic environment

First, a map for the underdogs. The 109K-4 is the last variant developed and at least 50km / h on the deck and the altitude in relation to Spitfire IX and P-47 rivals. So you need to have a map option without the 109K, this is fundamental, to have a technical balance sheet.

And release the 109K-4 and 190D9 against the Tempest and P-51 (in the case, a winter map with the 109K)

I think there should be 2x maps, one with 109G14 and one with 109K4. At this time, the 109G14 is not being used. The map with the underdogs could be in autumn and the map with the elite planes could be in the winter

The second suggestion is simple, create smaller mirrors maps with closer goals, especially for days with "less flow". In other words, the same map, but with somewhat closer objectives and bases

And with the allies beginning from right to left, as it was on the western front (example)
96535056_MiniBPinKuban.jpg.2a87f40a86e40e80799b835bae66becf.jpg

I hope you enjoyed the suggestion, I did it with great affection and it took hours translating it. Good job :)