-[HRAF]BubiHUN

KNIGHTS OF THE AIR Multiplayer Server

I'm fine with the engine warming, if for no other reason than it forces pilots to slow the hell down a bit before taking off.   

The people who spawn in, gun the engine, and then plow across the nearest field across two runways rather than taxiing have always made me extremely nervous, especially since I've witnessed some spectacular accidents occur from doing that.  

• Like 3

But with the way most of the airfields are set up you don't get that on this server. On fields where there is a runway you have buildings and stuff in the way and on the fields without a runway it is a clear shot with no real cross traffic.

9 minutes ago, Disarray said:

But with the way most of the airfields are set up you don't get that on this server. On fields where there is a runway you have buildings and stuff in the way and on the fields without a runway it is a clear shot with no real cross traffic.

Oh, on a standard frontline rough airfield it's no issue.   

The problem is on fields with designated runways and taxiways .   And although buildings are sometimes in the way, you would be *amazed* at how clever some pilots are about careening across traffic to throw their plane in the air as quickly and dangerously as possible.  😄

• Haha 1

On 17 January 2019 at 9:27 PM, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

Swapping to the outnumbered team gives you more points, as far as I know.

That's good to know I'll pass this on as red was well down in numbers today . And that there is No penalty to change sides . 

If the thermo dynamics would be realistic when a plane is standing still. But running the engine at high RPM and MAP and low mix just to warm up the engine is a turn off.
TAW came to that conclusion after two campaigns.

Edited by DerSheriff

I have been kicked all the time that i try to fly, ~5 min after take off.

I did a ping test and there isn't package losted.

I verified game files and there isn't any data to download.

=(

I'm Glad the cold starts are off . :ph34r:

Edited by II./JG77_Con

If you really want stats and you just... CAN'T WAIT. I have a solution for you! Get a pen and a notebook and keep track yourself. BOOM, instant custom stats! Just like they did in the old days! You could even get fancy and stencil a kill mark on your desk for every kill. But if you do that you should probably burn your desk every time you lose your plane. I mean, real is real right?

Edited by Disarray
  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, 3./JG15_HansPhilipp said:

I have been kicked all the time that i try to fly, ~5 min after take off.

I did a ping test and there isn't package losted.

I verified game files and there isn't any data to download.

=(

Same experience yesterday... three times connection lost with server... 2x in bomber after 10-15mins of flight to the objective and 1x in fighter after 10mins of flight to the objective. After that I lost my patience a went to quick missions... 

• Sad 1

On 1/21/2019 at 7:46 PM, Disarray said:

I'm kind of in favor of some limitations on planes, Limiting some of the very large bombs, though, I think should be done. There is just nothing on the other side to counter it and that is the key. Where other servers get it wrong is by overly limiting planes capabilities. But a HE 111 is still very capable without 1000 or 1900 Kg bombs, in some cases more capable.

So to get it straight you want the German Bombers to be lowered to the point of having Bomb loads like the Soviets while having larger,slower,and less defensive Planes than the Soviets do? Sorry but in reality will be that if the HE-111 recieves huge locks then simply nobody will fly them and will fly the BF-110 instead since it's much more Agile,Faster and has Guns aswell and is much much more smaller the only thing the Heinkel has it going for itself is the Bombload and i doubt somebody will fly 15-20 minutes to an objective with a gigantic slow plane to just drop a few 250's or 1/2 500kg's (50's don't work in high level bombing) if they can do the same thing with a much faster plane.

And i would agree with you 100% IF Germany would have a Plane like a PE2 that is Fast,Agile,Guns,defensive,and an okayish Bombload.

However you can balance it out with the Missions by spreading out the Targets or giving AXIS more targets to kill and the Allies less to kill which subconciously is more effective to leave an impact than straight locking things. but that is just my view of a dedicated Bomber pilot for either side. and yes the Soviets are seriously lacking in Bombs.

Edited by Post_Maloney
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Post_Maloney said:

And i would agree with you 100% IF Germany would have a Plane like a PE2 that is Fast,Agile,Guns,defensive,and an okayish Bombload.

You don't find the BF 110 Better and with the same bombload ?

Don't get me wrong, I'm against nerfing servers, I like feeleing the inferiority/superiority of each size at each time period, it's just curiosity.

Edited by =SFF=_cercataa

1 hour ago, =SFF=_cercataa said:

You don't find the BF 110 Better and with the same bombload ?

Don't get me wrong, I'm against nerfing servers, I like feeleing the inferiority/superiority of each size at each time period, it's just curiosity.

I feel that the PE-2 87 takes alot more beating than the BF110 E2 and the Engines survive quite alot aswell (didn't test it just my experience) and has a pretty good Gun in the back that takes care of the Fighters that are chasing you, and if i fly the PE2-87 and Gun myself and if i survive i mostly have a fighter kill or more, also had a instance where i managed to kill 2 BF110's 1 BF110 with the Cannons and 1 with the turret. I absoloutely love the PE2 but like i said the Allied side could really use bigger Bombs.

Edited by Post_Maloney

4 hours ago, Post_Maloney said:

So to get it straight you want the German Bombers to be lowered to the point of having Bomb loads like the Soviets while having larger,slower,and less defensive Planes than the Soviets do? Sorry but in reality will be that if the HE-111 recieves huge locks then simply nobody will fly them and will fly the BF-110 instead since it's much more Agile,Faster and has Guns aswell and is much much more smaller the only thing the Heinkel has it going for itself is the Bombload and i doubt somebody will fly 15-20 minutes to an objective with a gigantic slow plane to just drop a few 250's or 1/2 500kg's (50's don't work in high level bombing) if they can do the same thing with a much faster plane.

However you can balance it out with the Missions by spreading out the Targets or giving AXIS more targets to kill and the Allies less to kill which subconciously is more effective to leave an impact than straight locking things. but that is just my view of a dedicated Bomber pilot for either side. and yes the Soviets are seriously lacking in Bombs.

The objective on the map you have to destroy compensates this as much as possible, Russian targets have more hp and more objects have to be killed before the objective is complete. German objectives are more tightly packed, have less objects and less hp, so approximately similar number of missions have to be flown for both sides to kill objectives.

Any chance you could add the Spitfire Mk Vb to the plane-set more often? 

Keep up the good work ;)

Cheers,

Black-Witch

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Hello Everybody!

We made some changes for the sake of balance, and performance:
- Industrial targets are now much smaller, most of them are replaced, and raised the Allied Industrial targets durability.
- "Traps" along the runways are removed, blocks are lowered around Taxi ways.
- Warm Engine start is now ON.
- On the mission KubanSummer1944, wave level is lowered

See you around.

Edited by -[HRAF]BubiHUN
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

Hello Everybody!

We made some changes for the sake of balance, and performance:
- Industrial targets are now much smaller, most of them are replaced, and raised the German Industrial targets durability.
- "Traps" along the runways are removed, blocks are lowered around Taxi ways.
- Warm Engine start is now ON.
- On the mission KubanSummer1944, wave level is lowered

See you around.

Looking forward to test it :) BTW it is somehow possible to reduce the number of random disconnections from the server? It's really annoying :( thanks

1 minute ago, klobuk said:

Looking forward to test it :) BTW it is somehow possible to reduce the number of random disconnections from the server? It's really annoying :( thanks

Are they still exists?

8 hours ago, Post_Maloney said:

I'm not looking for 100% parity, no. But The German bombing capability is still far and away better than the Soviet side without the great big bombs. I also think you are selling the max weight small individual bomb loads the 88 and 111 are capable of mounting. A 50 or 100 Kg bomb is plenty capable of damaging all kinds of things on the ground and if you spread them out right you can saturate a target and you still have, roughly, twice the payload as a PE 2. Two or three 111's spaced properly and with a good dispersion can play havoc on the clustered targets. And that isn't even touching on the fighter/bomber capability witch is unarguably better on the German side. Losing the biggest bombs isn't crippling the German bomber effort, it would have the added effect of bringing the bombing effort more inline with historic norms; those huge bombs were rare and more often than not used against shipping than factories or fortified positions.

Also this nonsense about PE 2 laser guns was old six months ago, don't you people ever let anything go? German gunners are just as effective in their aim and when they get 20 mm cannons the effect is felt, I can assure you. Hell, even 7 mm guns cripple fighters on attack fairly often. And I don't even want to think about the number of times my gunners were down to harsh language and hand gestures in a PE 2 without killing anything.

3 hours ago, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

Are they still exists?

Yesterday it happened to me 3 times in one hour... today I made only one sortie and I was without disconnect. So if you can somehow investigate it it will be great. Today the server was pretty empty but yesterday not. Maybe this can be the root cause of this issue.

1 hour ago, Disarray said:

I'm not looking for 100% parity, no. But The German bombing capability is still far and away better than the Soviet side without the great big bombs. I also think you are selling the max weight small individual bomb loads the 88 and 111 are capable of mounting. A 50 or 100 Kg bomb is plenty capable of damaging all kinds of things on the ground and if you spread them out right you can saturate a target and you still have, roughly, twice the payload as a PE 2. Two or three 111's spaced properly and with a good dispersion can play havoc on the clustered targets. And that isn't even touching on the fighter/bomber capability witch is unarguably better on the German side. Losing the biggest bombs isn't crippling the German bomber effort, it would have the added effect of bringing the bombing effort more inline with historic norms; those huge bombs were rare and more often than not used against shipping than factories or fortified positions.

Also this nonsense about PE 2 laser guns was old six months ago, don't you people ever let anything go? German gunners are just as effective in their aim and when they get 20 mm cannons the effect is felt, I can assure you. Hell, even 7 mm guns cripple fighters on attack fairly often. And I don't even want to think about the number of times my gunners were down to harsh language and hand gestures in a PE 2 without killing anything.

I'm really tired of this... please check WoL results from december and january (after enhanced DM update) and stop crying... German side is still underpowered. It seems that you never flew for axis side...

25 minutes ago, klobuk said:

Yesterday it happened to me 3 times in one hour... today I made only one sortie and I was without disconnect. So if you can somehow investigate it it will be great. Today the server was pretty empty but yesterday not. Maybe this can be the root cause of this issue.

I'm really tired of this... please check WoL results from december and january (after enhanced DM update) and stop crying... German side is still underpowered. It seems that you never flew for axis side...

German side underpowered? Man ... you must be playing a different game than the rest of us ...

Well, I'd fly Axis more if it wasn't 2 or 3 to 1 all the time but that isn't the point here; and if I were you I'd be careful assuming what someone does or doesn't do. The point is you people bang on and on and on about these laser guns that PE-2's seem to be armed with and completely ignore simple facts. Simple facts like there is one, exactly one, target acquisition and weapon aiming routine in the game. Not one for the Allies and one for the Axis. Not one for Soviet planes and one for non-Soviet planes. Just the one. It is the same for ground based guns and plane based turrets. If I'm wrong about this, fantastic. Show me the code. If you can't show me the code stop bringing up this farce. I frankly don't give a damn for your stats. Stats can be twisted and bent to say all kinds of things that are less than true. Show me the code. You guys also seem to ignore the not infrequent occurrence of German defensive guns obliterating attacking aircraft or land these absurd shots that occur. But, hay, if it makes you look wrong I guess you can just pretend it never happens.

As for the Germans being 'under-powered' I'm afraid I'll have to ask in what regard. They have bombers that can carry around twice the load, and capable of carrying some truly impressive bombs. Even German fighters can carry 1/4th the bomb load of a PE-2, and some can carry weight equal to that of a PE-2. While we are on the topic of fighters, the German fighters are faster in a strait line in most cases and can out dive all but 2 of their competition. And then lets add it a numbers advantage that you can almost set your watch by. I'm not seeing your struggle.

What chat commands can we use on this server?  I tried typing '<TL' to see how long it would be before the map changed but it did not do anything.   OK I now know I can bring up the Statistics page to see how much time is left but is there anything else I can do with Chat commands?

Just now, 56RAF_Roblex said:

What chat commands can we use on this server?  I tried typing '<TL' to see how long it would be before the map changed but it did not do anything.   OK I now know I can bring up the Statistics page to see how much time is left but is there anything else I can do with Chat commands?

We didnt implement them yet. 
We are still busy with other but more important things. Please, be patient.

1 hour ago, Disarray said:

Losing the biggest bombs isn't crippling the German bomber effort, it would have the added effect of bringing the bombing effort

???? ever since such a lock has been installed on "WOL" Allies has been steamrolling every single month just go on their statistics website and compare the months and i can assure you it goes from very close Months to absoloute steamrolling of 90/20 and in the exact same months the lock has been active might be coincidence but it really looks weird.

And i'm not talking about the Gunner AI, but the Gun itself since i shoot with it myself.

1 hit is enough to kill a Fighters engine that is chasing you and that is surely not the case with the Heinkels turrets,Ju88 and neither the 110's and i rather take the 1 shot gun over the one that needs quite alot of hits to do engine damage except the H16 and flying the HE111 is a necessary evil to get ahold of the Bombloads even if you're a flying big juicy free target if it's locked i'll just fly like i said the Bf110 instead.

And i don't believe in the "Sniper Ai" that it exists it's because when a bot hits he usually hits it just 1-2 time after a while and you notice it against the PE2 well because the PE2 gun is really good and most other guns require more shots.

But thats just my opinion and input on the matter and if it happens i'll just adapt.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

We didnt implement them yet. 
We are still busy with other but more important things. Please, be patient.

No problem.  I did not mean to pressure you. It was just a casual query in case there was already something there I did not know about.   Now I think about it,  apart from the remaining time I am not sure what other commands I would need as your server does not have complicated rules that need checking.  I suppose something telling us how badly damaged each of the enemy targets are might be nice ie so we know the enemy airbase still has lots of targets left to destroy or that there are only two ships left to sink the fleet.....  but no hurry!    Only add commands when you have time and are willing.   Great server.

Edited by 56RAF_Roblex

5 hours ago, Disarray said:

Lol .. On the Pe2 . Your  joking right .

3 hours ago, Disarray said:

Well, I'd fly Axis more if it wasn't 2 or 3 to 1 all the time but that isn't the point here; and if I were you I'd be careful assuming what someone does or doesn't do. The point is you people bang on and on and on about these laser guns that PE-2's seem to be armed with and completely ignore simple facts. Simple facts like there is one, exactly one, target acquisition and weapon aiming routine in the game. Not one for the Allies and one for the Axis. Not one for Soviet planes and one for non-Soviet planes. Just the one. It is the same for ground based guns and plane based turrets. If I'm wrong about this, fantastic. Show me the code. If you can't show me the code stop bringing up this farce. I frankly don't give a damn for your stats. Stats can be twisted and bent to say all kinds of things that are less than true. Show me the code. You guys also seem to ignore the not infrequent occurrence of German defensive guns obliterating attacking aircraft or land these absurd shots that occur. But, hay, if it makes you look wrong I guess you can just pretend it never happens.

As for the Germans being 'under-powered' I'm afraid I'll have to ask in what regard. They have bombers that can carry around twice the load, and capable of carrying some truly impressive bombs. Even German fighters can carry 1/4th the bomb load of a PE-2, and some can carry weight equal to that of a PE-2. While we are on the topic of fighters, the German fighters are faster in a strait line in most cases and can out dive all but 2 of their competition. And then lets add it a numbers advantage that you can almost set your watch by. I'm not seeing your struggle.

Maybe you should fly axis . See what the other side feels like . Then you can have your say . We all have our favourite airframes .

But it's nice to test others . Besides there is no penalty in changing sides . 

Ive seen three 109s on one spitfire and it still could fight back and keep flying . 

109 and macci and h11 on a single P40 . With loads of hits and that p40 never lost speed or movbilty and it still turned and pulled up to shoot down 109 and macci with just a few hits . It was comical . We all have stories to tell lately . So swap sides and see for yourself . 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Oh, I do fly the German planes. Just not so much online as I'd rather not contribute to one of the biggest problems facing the multiplayer side of this game. I'm well aware that some of the planes on the Allies' side can take a lot of abuse and still be nominally combat effective. But that doesn't mean the Germans are under-powered, that is just silly. And, no, I'm not joking. The PE-2 defensive guns are effective but only if you get shot and avoiding that part isn't the most difficult thing in the world once you understand how the gunners aim and shoot.

Morgen,

Vad wäres es möglich, dass eure Kuban 44 map nicht immer abends so um 19 dran ist ? :)

Da derzeit immer abends diese läuft und immer die selbe Karte abend macht irgendwann kein Spaß mehr.

7 hours ago, SCG_Riksen said:

German side underpowered? Man ... you must be playing a different game than the rest of us ...

I really don't want to fight here guys.. But I can post here stats of won missions from WoL server (KOTA stats are NA atm) where many loadouts are locked. You can get the point if you are also saying that Germans are most of the time outnumbering allies:

January 2019: Axis 30 : Alies 80

December 2018: Axis 16 : Alies 88

November 2018: Axis 25 : Alies 89

And so on... I assume that it's because every player that flight on allied side is better than those flying for Axis 😄

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

You said underpowered and by that ypu are referring to ac performance which is superior to the germans. Perhaps you meant to say restricted or limited in terms of loadout but they are definately not "underpowered". In addition, victories in a mission(s) has a lot more to do with tactics and organization than performance or skill as you incorrectly tried to imply here. You are trying to simplify a condition that is multifactorial in nature to prove your incorrect use of words.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SCG_Riksen said:

You said underpowered and by that ypu are referring to ac performance which is superior to the germans. Perhaps you meant to say restricted or limited in terms of loadout but they are definately not "underpowered". In addition, victories in a mission(s) has a lot more to do with tactics and organization than performance or skill as you incorrectly tried to imply here. You are trying to simplify a condition that is multifactorial in nature to prove your incorrect use of words.

OK so allied side is always ahead with tactics and organization and therefore they can beat Axis in 1:5 ratio 😄 That HE ammo is about 40% worse than hispano means nothing... That russian fighters are performin high G maneuvers and turnfighting after 5-6 shots from 20mm means nothing.. and everything mentioned above means nothing the only problem is that Germans can use larger bombs 😄  That you are making 600-700km/h dive with PE-2 is also OK 😄

29 minutes ago, klobuk said:

OK so allied side is always ahead with tactics and organization and therefore they can beat Axis in 1:5 ratio 😄 That HE ammo is about 40% worse than hispano means nothing... That russian fighters are performin high G maneuvers and turnfighting after 5-6 shots from 20mm means nothing.. and everything mentioned above means nothing the only problem is that Germans can use larger bombs 😄  That you are making 600-700km/h dive with PE-2 is also OK 😄

It's odd that despite all the VVS advantages, your WoL stats appear to be much better when you fly German fighters.

• Haha 1

Just now, BraveSirRobin said:

It's odd that despite all the VVS advantages, your WoL stats appear to be much better when you fly German fighters.

That's because I don't know to fly for Allies. I can fly with new spit a little bit but that's pretty much it. I was flying with PE-2 a little bit but not too much. I'm not referring to my skills here.. Only to well known and well discussed issues here on forum.. 

Just now, klobuk said:

That's because I don't know to fly for Allies.

LOL  Maybe you should learn how to fly Allies before you start whining about how those aircraft are better.

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, BraveSirRobin said:

LOL  Maybe you should learn how to fly Allies before you start whining about how those aircraft are better.

I don't know if you didn't read previous posts but I wasn't the one who was crying. I just wanted to say that there is no point to restrict big bombs for Axis because Allied side in general is more powerful and this thing is obvious from online stats and also in many topics here on forum... I'm not saying that Allied aircrafts are outperforming all Axis aircrafts. There are few simple things like HE ammunition is worse than hispano etc. Try to fight with 109 after 3 hits from hispano.. you will be probably dead before you can try that... and in other hand yak, spit or La-5 can turn fight with you after you hit them 5 times with 20s... (same thing applies for bombers where Pe-2 can take huge amount of damage compared to Axis bombers and fly nominal) So this is really unrealistic, it was mentioned many times here on forum... Despite of this you want to restrict bombs for Axis...

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, klobuk said:

What WoL has to do with KOTA lol?

Red side more powerful?

On WoL allies are more bombing oriented while axis side has a lot more fighter pilots, as i experienced so far!

I wouldn't touch or try to balance KOTA payloads on either side, let ppl enjoy what they like.

Problem is inbalance, on every server (except WoL) there is at least 2:1 ratio in axis favour but again i wouldn't force balance there either.....let ppl fly what they like.

Problem also is allies don't fly organized and in squadrons unlike axis, i often find myself against 4-5 109/190 and that's my fault.

As you said you don't know how to fly allied planes so your statements are rubbish, pe2 is dumbed down you just need to be precise, with good gunnery it can be downed in one pass with right guns.

For AI gunners...every good pilot knows to not to stick in bombers six for too long, it's just vvs fighters are more maneuverable which makes it easeir to avoid hits.

Dying engines is same on both sides, it can die fast or slow depending on damage and treatment, same goes for maneuverability, qzite noticable from last updates.

Reciving hit from 12 o'clock is worst for engines on every side.

I say this as i fly both sides a lot, (109, 190, ju88 and a bit less 110, yak's, spit, a20, pe2, p47 and other planes if planeset demands).

Unlike your experience on red side, (my squad change sides every month....not on this server doh), recent inbalance force me to fly allies.

So to whine and make valid statements go fly both sides!

@admins; is weather randomized or you set it up manually, i would love to see two layer clouds more often :)

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, EAF_Ribbon said:

What WoL has to do with KOTA lol?

Red side more powerful?

On WoL allies are more bombing oriented while axis side has a lot more fighter pilots, as i experienced so far!

I wouldn't touch or try to balance KOTA payloads on either side, let ppl enjoy what they like.

Problem is inbalance, on every server (except WoL) there is at least 2:1 ratio in axis favour but again i wouldn't force balance there either.....let ppl fly what they like.

Problem also is allies don't fly organized and in squadrons unlike axis, i often find myself against 4-5 109/190 and that's my fault.

As you said you don't know how to fly allied planes so your statements are rubbish, pe2 is dumbed down you just need to be precise, with good gunnery it can be downed in one pass with right guns.

For AI gunners...every good pilot knows to not to stick in bombers six for too long, it's just vvs fighters are more maneuverable which makes it easeir to avoid hits.

Dying engines is same on both sides, it can die fast or slow depending on damage and treatment, same goes for maneuverability, qzite noticable from last updates.

Reciving hit from 12 o'clock is worst for engines on every side.

I say this as i fly both sides a lot, (109, 190, ju88 and a bit less 110, yak's, spit, a20, pe2, p47 and other planes if planeset demands).

Unlike your experience on red side, (my squad change sides every month....not on this server doh), recent inbalance force me to fly allies.

So to whine and make valid statements go fly both sides!

@admins; is weather randomized or you set it up manually, i would love to see two layer clouds more often :)

OK sorry that I've have mentioned things that are obvious and devs are working on them to fix them... I like design of German aircrafts (therefore I fly Axis) and therefore my statements are rubbish as you said... Really no point to waste time here... 

• Upvote 1