Han

Game version 3.003 discussion: Battle of Bodenplatte Early Access

53 minutes ago, Voidhunger said:

Model is not ready yet and since we dont have 4 engined bombers we dont need AS variant imho

The K4 will have all of the performance you are seeking by the end of the year.  It doesn’t make sense to spend design cycles on an AS or ASM at this point. There was only one Spit until yesterday. Since it was already in development and under-represented overall, it makes more sense to offer the variety of Spits they did. Maybe you will see G10’s and additional G14’s down the road.

1 minute ago, II/JG17_HerrMurf said:

Yes, this. Major Windows updates always trash my SoundBlaster settings. It did this week as usual with the most recent update and it took me a few minutes to figure out why some YouTube videos were wonky. Took a few minutes more to diagnose and remedy the situation. Check your settings.

I lost my microphone entirely after Windows updated a few weeks go and spent about three days loading & re-loading drivers before it worked again then it seems Windows did another small update and I lost everything again and a week of trying everything did not get it back. I even bought another headset.   Eventually I got everything back by using the ports on my Nvidia card but the original Mic & headphone sockets on the front still don't work.   Weird.

2 hours ago, Oliver88 said:

Cheers, I shall continue to wait for Bodenplatte and Flying Circus then.

Additional to the three maps Sneaksie mentioned, you should be able to fly them in MP, if a server includes them in the planeset.

Starting from the point the devs are doing  a great job, observing the development of jagdwaffe during 44-45, maybe a little bit dreaming, but I think could be further space to develop another theatre in Europe after the release of BoBp...maybe a Berlin defence and add the mighty 8

Here a little pic related to luftwaffe last planes development

tumblr_njfbzzU6I31tabeo5o3_540.jpg

• Upvote 3

Congratulations! 😃

1 hour ago, ITAF_Rani said:

Starting from the point the devs are doing  a great job, observing the development of jagdwaffe during 44-45, maybe a little bit dreaming, but I think could be further space to develop another theatre in Europe after the release of BoBp...maybe a Berlin defence and add the mighty 8

Here a little pic related to luftwaffe last planes development

tumblr_njfbzzU6I31tabeo5o3_540.jpg

I'm confused. To my knowledge the only engine they installed on the G-10 was the DB 605 D, modified for use of either B4 (605 DB) or C3 (605 DC) fuel.

Considering that engine already mounts the enlarged supercharger from the DB 603, I question whether a G-10/AS ever existed.

• Confused 1

Talking about late-war wishlists, Ta 152 anyone?

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Leaf said:

Talking about late-war wishlists, Ta 152 anyone?

im up for He 162, still have nightmares of Drinkins flying it fast low on deck, and picking up red players one by one with it like a shark 😁

12 hours ago, Talon_ said:

Not easily. Basically there's a little more space in the rear ammo box that feeds the outer gun because there's a different ramp and roller assembly to feed the ammunition under the outer gun to the inner bay in the forward box. 

9 hours ago, Talon_ said:

Found a picture for you. The Hispano feeds ammo over the roller in the rear box which means ammunition can make full use of the entire ammo box. The inner gun bay loses a chunk of space above the feed roller ramp assembly that forces the ammunition down and underneath the outer gun:

hispano-04.jpg

Edit: another angle 

hispano-02.jpg

Cool, I follow you now, I can see how changing/removing that ramp in the .50cal ammo bay could free up some space.
With the 20mm, those photos and the diagrams that you, me and the devs posted seem to show the same roller in the ammo bay in each instance, so I wonder about the difference between the reported amount of 20mm ammo (approx 120 vs 135 or even 145 as claimed by Closterman in sereme1's post), an extra 15 rnds of 20mm would sure take up some space... but a thought occurred to me last night that (and this is just a theory) 120rnd is the capacity of the ammo bay but the extra rnds are made up by length of the belt running between the ammo bay and the gun itself?

HB

2 minutes ago, HBPencil said:

(and this is just a theory) 120rnd is the capacity of the ammo bay but the extra rnds are made up by length of the belt running between the ammo bay and the gun itself?

HB

I'm afraid this is not the case as the Hispano is fed directly from the ammo box into the roller and it is the Browning .50 that has the belt extension.

6 hours ago, II/JG17_HerrMurf said:

The K4 will have all of the performance you are seeking by the end of the year.  It doesn’t make sense to spend design cycles on an AS or ASM at this point. There was only one Spit until yesterday. Since it was already in development and under-represented overall, it makes more sense to offer the variety of Spits they did. Maybe you will see G10’s and additional G14’s down the road.

Hmm, wasn‘t the nose area of the K4 and the G series AS and ASM models pretty much the same? 

I din‘t know that much, but wouldn‘t that severely shorten development time for a potential modification?

16 minutes ago, Talon_ said:

I'm afraid this is not the case as the Hispano is fed directly from the ammo box into the roller and it is the Browning .50 that has the belt extension.

Interesting, so I wonder how about the differences in 20mm ammo count between our two diagrams? FWIW, with the theory I put forward I was looking those diagrams and in the fore'n'aft view it looks like the belt runs from over the roller in ammo bay, down and out of the bay, under another roller/guide and then up into the Hispano's feed unit.

Absolutely awesome!

Flying the Mk IX in flawless VR is amazing.

This is a magnificent example of how it should be done!

To those that make this possible..Thank you so much! 😀 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, 6./ZG26_Gielow said:

Nice but unfortunately playing offline is just lying to yourself.

Unlike playing online, where real men confront real death and the horrors of battle on a daily basis. :fly: "Connected to server... yay!"

• Haha 4
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, So_ein_Feuerball said:

Hmm, wasn‘t the nose area of the K4 and the G series AS and ASM models pretty much the same? 

I din‘t know that much, but wouldn‘t that severely shorten development time for a potential modification?

Yes, and that is why you may see them developed at the same time, later, but not now.

Just now, CanadaOne said:

Unlike playing online, where real men confront real death and the horrors of battle on a daily basis. :fly: "Connected to server... yay!"

*gasp* for shame!!! That you bring reality into our forum!!!!!

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, 6./ZG26_Gielow said:

Nice but unfortunately playing offline is just lying to yourself.

Yeah the nerve of those girly men offline 1G Comfy Chair Fighter Pilots , they only wish they could be...uh umm manly men online 1G Comfy Chair Fighter Pilots. Ever hear the expression, "same clowns, different circus?":joy:

• Haha 6
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 5

I just watched a youtube vid of the Bodenplatte FW-190D, in which it had a swastika on the tail.  Is this something that is available already, or in the near future?

Yes German aircraft had Swastika's on them, no the developers will never provide this.

12 minutes ago, 71st_AH_VinnieJones said:

I just watched a youtube vid of the Bodenplatte FW-190D, in which it had a swastika on the tail.  Is this something that is available already, or in the near future?

Check out our mod that adds correct markings. Note that not all skins are currently supported. 

The developers do not include Hakenkreuze because certain countries have laws that prohibit them. 

• Upvote 2

Awesome start to BoP. The spit handles like a dream. Still haven't found the keymap to the gyro yet. Anyone care to share it?

Lftalt + m switches gyro/site modes... 4 modes,

standard, mixed standard/gyro, gyro day, gyro night (in specifications says should be set at 150 yards). 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Talon_ said:

I was online in a co-op mission.

Just to make myself clear, do you know AI stands for artificial intelligence?? I mean you are playing versus stupid bots.

Online facing AI with human help is even easier than a solo quick mission as I first thought.

Just to refresh your mind what you have said:

"I shot down 9 Ace AI AI AI AI AI AI AI AI AI G-6s last night with 120 rounds per gun. Could have had the double ace with 135. The Mark II Gyro sight is an aimbot."

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 6./ZG26_Gielow said:

Just to make myself clear, do you know AI stands for artificial intelligence?? I mean you are playing versus stupid bots.

Online facing AI with human help is even easier than a solo quick mission as I first thought.

Just to refresh your mind what you have said:

"I shot down 9 Ace AI AI AI AI AI AI AI AI AI G-6s last night with 120 rounds per gun. Could have had the double ace with 135. The Mark II Gyro sight is an aimbot."

I went online last night and killed 5 guys with the Mark IX before running out of ammo. It's very potent. IL-2 against humans is not very difficult - about the same as War Thunder SB mode.

Edited by Talon_

Depends on the server you are playing ;)

And my point is the plane is good enough with 120 rounds. Don't try to distort my words.

Edited by 6./ZG26_Gielow

Not really in my experience.

5 minutes ago, 6./ZG26_Gielow said:

And my point is the plane is good enough with 120 rounds. Don't try to distort my words.

I don't play flight sims for balance or for "good enough", I play them for realism. The plane should have its realistic qualities... otherwise why not just make stuff up about all the planes?

1 minute ago, Talon_ said:

Not really in my experience.

I don't play flight sims for balance or for "good enough", I play them for realism. The plane should have its realistic qualities... otherwise why not just make stuff up about all the planes?

It's really a serious accusation you're doing here against Devs work. I hope you can prove that.

Edited by 6./ZG26_Gielow

Just now, 6./ZG26_Gielow said:

It's really a serious accusations you're doing here versus Devs work. I hope you can prove that.

I already posted dated schematics and photographs throughout this thread.

Just now, Talon_ said:

I already posted dated schematics and photographs throughout this thread.

Don't forget the time line and geography.

Don't forget the time line and geography.

Geography? All Spitfires were built in one of two factories. Timeline wise the E-wing is the E-wing regardless of date after May 1944. The other schematic posted in this thread with 120RPG is not dated, but we have a 1945 graph and pilot accounts of 135 or more RPG in the E-wing from around the time of the game.

2 minutes ago, Talon_ said:

Geography? All Spitfires were built in one of two factories. Timeline wise the E-wing is the E-wing regardless of date after May 1944. The other schematic posted in this thread with 120RPG is not dated, but we have a 1945 graph and pilot accounts of 135 or more RPG in the E-wing from around the time of the game.

Well, it seems you don't know how things work here despiste you claim yourself experienced.

Geography counts a lot and if you don't have a date on your papers... It never happened. 

Edited by 6./ZG26_Gielow

Well, it seems you don't know how things work here. Geography counts a lot and if you don't have a date on your papers... It never happened.

I literally just said the document is dated and the geography makes no difference to Spitfires. How would the geography change the ammunition box capacity in your mind?

11 minutes ago, Talon_ said:

I literally just said the document is dated and the geography makes no difference to Spitfires. How would the geography change the ammunition box capacity in your mind?

Because of you cannot prove 100% that 135 rounds spitfires were used by Bodenplatte units on that map under development here, Devs won't change ammo amount. Just ask them where they got 120 rounds info.

Edited by 6./ZG26_Gielow

Because of you cannot prove 100% that 135 rounds spitfires were used by Bodenplatte units on that map developed here, Devs won't change ammo amount. Just ask them where they got 120 rounds info.

That's how big the ammo boxes were. What a strange argument... can you prove that the Bf109G-14 used more than 2 rounds per gun even though the ammo boxes were bigger? Probably not.

2 minutes ago, Talon_ said:

That's how big the ammo boxes were. What a strange argument... can you prove that the Bf109G-14 used more than 2 rounds per gun even though the ammo boxes were bigger? Probably not.

Not strange at all. Just check the list of units and equipment on the map under development and find out if any of those units got your plane. If not it is just like I said before. Geography, time line and units or it never happened :P

Edited by 6./ZG26_Gielow

got your plane

This is every Spitfire with an E-type wing, which is the only wing we have in game. Devs figure of 120 rounds is faulty info based on the older design C-type wing cannon bay (the cannon uses a different bay in the C-type wing with less room for ammo).

I should add my source is AP. 1565 J&L, Vol. I, Sect. II

3Iw72KT.jpg

3 minutes ago, Talon_ said:

This is every Spitfire with an E-type wing, which is the only wing we have in game. Devs figure of 120 rounds is faulty info based on the older design C-type wing cannon bay (the cannon uses a different bay in the C-type wing with less room for ammo).

If it's so obvious how can they make this basic mistake?? Bad support by best friends research teams maybe?? It happened a lot before here in other planes.

Edited by 6./ZG26_Gielow