Han

Game version 3.003 discussion: Battle of Bodenplatte Early Access

4 minutes ago, BadBud said:

Have all the BoS maps and wondering: should I pre-order just for the new Spit and the G14? From what I have read so far, it may be a year or more until we see BoBp. Anyone think sooner? At my age (86), I don't buy green bananas!
BadBud

Full release will probably be about that long. We'll get plenty of the aircraft before then I'd imagine, most likely 1 or 2 aircraft every few months depending on how development goes.

• Upvote 1

On 6/10/2018 at 7:06 AM, onlyforbrian said:

I'm 72 with cancer but I pre-ordered anyway, can't pass up a sale lol

Hang in there man. ❤️

• Like 3

On 6/10/2018 at 2:06 AM, onlyforbrian said:

In Russia, I work in the department of oncology  ( hematology and bone marrow transplantation )

Live long my friend! Everything will be fine 💪

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

On 6/10/2018 at 2:06 AM, onlyforbrian said:

👍🏻 Hang in there mate , you’ll enjoy the p-47❤️

Edited by =RS=BlackRaven
  • Like 2

On 6/9/2018 at 7:06 PM, onlyforbrian said:

I turned 70 last month. I underwent radiation and chemo two years ago. The combination wiped the carcinoma out but it was a rough year of being at death's door. My PET scan last winter showed "No evidence of malignant activity". The best possible result.

Don't feel overwhelmed by the diagnosis. Embrace your treatments. Cancer can be beaten.

Before my treatments I felt like I'd been screwed. I thought of all the things I'd be losing and the people I'd never see. But, when the treatment began my thinking changed overnight. I became aware of all the things I had - home, car, friends etc - and I felt more at peace with my life and my future. I appreciate what I have more and never think of potential losses.

Best of luck to you, onlyforbrian.

Edited by Gordon200
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 4

49 minutes ago, Gordon200 said:

I turned 70 last month. I underwent radiation and chemo two years ago. The combination wiped the carcinoma out but it was a rough year of being at death's door. My PET scan last winter showed "No evidence of malignant activity". The best possible result.

Don't feel overwhelmed by the diagnosis. Embrace your treatments. Cancer can be beaten.

Before my treatments I felt like I'd been screwed. I thought of all the things I'd be losing and the people I'd never see. But, when the treatment began my thinking changed overnight. I became aware of all the things I had - home, car, friends etc - and I felt more at peace with my life and my future. I appreciate what I have more and never think of potential losses.

Best of luck to you, onlyforbrian.

Thank all you guys for the wonderful messages of support, it's been a rough past few years, I got prostate cancer, they sent me for radiation, then they removed my prostate, then I had a support mesh surgery, that was a complete failure, tore my urethra all to hell, then another surgery to remove the mesh, THEN, 2 summers ago I had triple bypass open heart surgery on top of everything else, they still didn't get all the cancer so for the past three years it's been a monthly hormone injection and daily cancer pills to control it. They must be working, because when I started the injections and pills, my count was 10.6, and now it's .001,  they said that one day they'll stop working, but it looks like it will be a few years yet, the pills are costing the govt $3000 a month, so thank you Canada. In the meantime, all my enjoyment now is from my flightsims (this and X-plane 11) So please don't keep me waiting and get Bodenplatte released ASAP.

1 hour ago, =RS=BlackRaven said:

👍🏻 Hang in there mate , you’ll enjoy the p-47❤️

Thank you, I'm looking forward to it, along with the P51 and P38

On 6/12/2018 at 9:34 AM, STOIKIY said:

In Russia, I work in the department of oncology  ( hematology and bone marrow transplantation )

Live long my friend! Everything will be fine 💪

Thank you my friend, I live in Canada, but I have a Russian wife and family in Moscow, I had a condo in Treghorka near Odintsovo, and had to come back to Canada for treatments (my free medical is here) but I miss Moscow. I really enjoyed the world cup game beating the Saudis 5-0

• Like 7
  • Upvote 4

On 6/15/2018 at 7:13 AM, onlyforbrian said:

Thank you my friend, I live in Canada, but I have a Russian wife and family in Moscow, I had a condo in Treghorka near Odintsovo, and had to come back to Canada for treatments (my free medical is here) but I miss Moscow. I really enjoyed the world cup game beating the Saudis 5-0

My mother lives in Moscow close to you 🙂 but myself in St.Petersburg.  The funniest thing is that I want to emigrate in Canada 😅
 I hope you will be all right! 💪
Edited by STOIKIY

Hi to all, good luck to all of you as well. I asked some weeks ago if its possible to buy Bodenplate and play it through my steam version. The answer was a big yes, so i bought it. Now i see some confusing info about link accounts and the loss of integration between stand-alone version (web version) and steam version. I'm not a fortune teller but i see a dark future here, maybe with bad consequences for me and my money. 

If i download you game installer, can I install my games and play all of them directly through your platform (i mean, out f steam)? I was never told that steam and this platform had some kind of disagreement, what i was told was just the opposite. And of course I trust in you, the developers, and i prefer paying you directly.  Thanks

I'm experiencing no such problems, ace.

Linking IL2 in my Steam library had no effect on my stand alone install on my PC. Both work independently (I use Steam for VR) and both have all my maps, campaigns, settings and planes.

OK.jpg

1 hour ago, ace_2012 said:

Hi to all, good luck to all of you as well. I asked some weeks ago if its possible to buy Bodenplate and play it through my steam version. The answer was a big yes, so i bought it. Now i see some confusing info about link accounts and the loss of integration between stand-alone version (web version) and steam version. I'm not a fortune teller but i see a dark future here, maybe with bad consequences for me and my money. 

If i download you game installer, can I install my games and play all of them directly through your platform (i mean, out f steam)? I was never told that steam and this platform had some kind of disagreement, what i was told was just the opposite. And of course I trust in you, the developers, and i prefer paying you directly.  Thanks

I'm thinking it's all linked through your username, email, and password, so I don't see a problem

That's good news Gordon200 and onlyforbrian, i first bought BOS and BOM from steam as it is first place where i saw it, but i'd like to fly this fantastics sim from their stand alone launcher. Steam is a good platform but i prefer (always did) the game company itself. Steam is good for maybe older software, or software no longer developed (FSX SE), for software  under developement i always prefer betting for the company. I have in mind the issue in DCS about keys purchased in steam, wich are not compatible with keys purchased in their own site. Do you think this will happen here?

8 hours ago, Gordon200 said:

I'm experiencing no such problems, ace.

Linking IL2 in my Steam library had no effect on my stand alone install on my PC. Both work independently (I use Steam for VR) and both have all my maps, campaigns, settings and planes.

You do realize there is no need for running a Steam version of BoS just to run it in VR?

Of course one needs Steam installed to be able to get Steam VR, but it is not required to even be running Steam to play IL-2 in Steam VR.

4 minutes ago, dburne said:

You do realize there is no need for running a Steam version of BoS just to run it in VR?

Of course one needs Steam installed to be able to get Steam VR, but it is not required to even be running Steam to play IL-2 in Steam VR.

Yes, I was aware of that. Before I linked IL2 to my Steam acct all I had on Steam was unused 1946.

Hi Everybody! :)

Does anybody know where can I find the detailed aircraft specs & handling info - in the sim - about the newest planes like the G-14 "Messer", and the Mk. IX "Spit"?

18 minutes ago, Trooper117 said:

Normally in the manuals section but it needs to be updated by Han...

Ok, thanks, understood.

39 minutes ago, Imre-FW-190A said:

Does anybody know where can I find the detailed aircraft specs & handling info - in the sim - about the newest planes like the G-14 "Messer", and the Mk. IX "Spit"?

They are available in the game just before starting the mission like with every plane.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, bies said:

They are available in the game just before starting the mission like with every plane.

Ok, thanks, I see now. In this case I have to buy BOBP also. :)

On 5/24/2018 at 6:32 PM, IAmNotARobot said:

It says APPROX.

On this picture we have the same gun, ammo box seems to be identical, and no approx. before the number

Please note I have now found solid data to back up that the larger ammo box was used, and the combat load for all Spitfires is at least 140 rounds per gun:

Edited by Talon_
  • Upvote 4