Han

Game version 3.002 discussion: Game Functionality Update

I am not a Clod customer cannot tell. I just missed it, coming directly from il 46.

10 minutes ago, NoMoreSteam said:

apart of its power(less)... BoX has never reached the level of pleasure given by firing 20mm cannons in Bf109 in CloD (in terms of "feel", not impact on the target).

It was custom than in the old games they make changes that they do not tell in the changes log. So after a new patch it is a custom to check everything.

And I have the impression that in this game it is the same, there are changes that are not announced but are visible, even I cannot give you proof.

With the version 3, the german 20 mm had much better punch than before, correcting every complaint a blue pilot may have had. However with the update it seems back to what it was before.

Regarding the planes behaviour I have some awareness of how the FM feels different, as I use  very often the very limits of the plane capabilities.

Edited by JG27_Kornezov
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, JG27_Kornezov said:

For those who have installed succesful the update. I can share the following impressions.

With the patch the german 20 mm seem to be nerfed. The version 3 gave more puch to the german 20 mm being very comparable to the Russian. Now with the patch it is back what it was before.

The 109 has gained some positive pitch autority but lost negative G  authority. As an example in 109 F4 pushing the stick even on moderate speeds the plane does not respond much. Comparatively in a Yak if you push the stick you red out.
The 109 G2 feels more nimble than before, regarding the positive pitch authority.

Can confirm. Complaints about the MG151/20 went away after the last 3.001 update, but now the cannon has again definitely been disadvantaged against the Shvak. There are many stealth changes that were made without being told to us in the change log, the Macchi fuel tank capacity for example. This one here is a significant. It was comparable to Russian shvak with 3.001 but now the German cannons have been left disadvantaged again after this latest update.

Edited by Mcdaddy
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

LOL and still i dont see any changes in files regarding german bullets when i extract data from game and compare it to previous, it seams your just as prone to placebo as anyone els no mather of your high skills in axis airplanes

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 6

51 minutes ago, 77.CountZero said:

LOL and still i dont see any changes in files regarding german bullets when i extract data from game and compare it to previous, it seams your just as prone to placebo as anyone els no mather of your high skills in axis airplanes

Do you have the source code?

How do you extract data regarding bullets specifically?

1 hour ago, NoMoreSteam said:

Settings - > Game -> "Reset interface settings" button

Thanks, but no joy I’m afraid.

2 minutes ago, JG27_Kornezov said:

Visit the mods section, you will find a lot of information there on how to read game files, although the source code is not available.

Cheers.

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 12:57 PM, LukeFF said:

If it's not in the list, then it wasn't changed. Not very hard to figure that out.

The man simply asked a question and this is the response he gets . I have read quite a number of your posts, (as well as others) and almost all are condescending, sarcastic, or at times, simply rude. Jason has even gotten to the point where he is cussing on here. It's really quite sad. How about some manners? A typical response is, if you don't like it, play somewhere else. Wonder why the community is not as strong or in such numbers as the older games?, to quote you, "Not very hard to figure that out". I don't post, simply because of the fallout, question not answered, and the "flames" that come along with it. Aviation has been my thing since childhood and now in my 50s, I do know a thing or two about these planes, having been around them and flown in some.  Just respond in a positive manner please, it will make a community more enjoyable and a strong one in the future which obviously helps the sim to grow. Just my 2 cents

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 15

15 hours ago, Jade_Monkey said:

I resaved all the missions with editor but no luck.

Jut to be clear when I click on Missions the screen is blank. Even the missions that come with BOS by default arent there.

2sae6aw.jpg

Ditto- I just get a black screen here too.I have tried to open & then save individual missions ( esp.Jade Monkee's) in the Mission editor but it seems to make no difference.Nothing shows up.Am I missing a step here?

Oh yes ....while flying in Normal settings I am getting visual anomalies: the blue 'land here" floating symbol has been reduced to the upper section of the circle ,almost as if it was stuck 7/8's down in the earth.Also : the "help in bomb aiming" yellow circle that can usually be seen inside the cockpit now seems to appear in front of the aircraft only, so it can only be seen in steep dives towards the target (talk about target fixation!) Maybe this last problem is just forcing us to learn to bomb stuff without artificial help?

BUT by far the worst problem is mentioned above: NO MISSIONS!

Are the developers aware of this major ( for me & others ) problem???

Edited by Blitzen
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JG27_Kornezov said:

It was custom than in the old games they make changes that they do not tell in the changes log. So after a new patch it is a custom to check everything.

And I have the impression that in this game it is the same, there are changes that are not announced but are visible, even I cannot give you proof.

Experts/tester say though that: If it's not in the list, then it wasn't changed. Not very hard to figure that out.

I do agree with you Kornezov but I am no tester :-)

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JG27_Kornezov said:

No

with unGTP program in mods section

So if you realy belive devs are trying to srew us up by changing stuff under the table just for shits and giggles and not saying they change it, im expecting youll imidiatly go and download that program! hurry! and extract every .gtp file from game, and copy extracted data on some secure hard drive and store it in some safe, and call it 3.002 extracted data... aaaaaaaannnnndddddd then wait and wait and wait for them to relise 3.027 patch, and try to screw you up by changing 20mm guns bullet so its porked, you can open your 3.002 data you stored, and extract 3.027 datas .gtp, and compare it. Then you can show us what exactly was changed to that bullet insted expecting people to belive your fealings when they are saying nothing is changed.

I also get fealing P-40 guns are to good now, but i see nothing is changed regarding its guns or ammo

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Blitzen said:

Ditto- I just get a black screen here too.I have tried to open & then save individual missions ( esp.Jade Monkee's) in the Mission editor but it seems to make no difference.Nothing shows up.Am I missing a step here?

Oh yes ....while flying in Normal settings I am getting visual anomalies: the blue 'land here" floating symbol has been reduced to the upper section of the circle ,almost as if it was stuck 7/8's down in the earth.Also : the "help in bomb aiming" yellow circle that can usually be seen inside the cockpit now seems to appear in front of the aircraft only, so it can only be seen in steep dives towards the target (talk about target fixation!) Maybe this last problem is just forcing us to learn to bomb stuff without artificial help?

Relax Blitzen ;)...that will be fixed, see the Black six posts in this thread :

4 hours ago, JG27_Kornezov said:

For those who have installed succesful the update. I can share the following impressions.

With the patch the german 20 mm seems to be nerfed. The version 3 gave more puch to the german 20 mm being very comparable to the Russian. Now with the patch it is back what it was before.

The 109 has gained some positive pitch autority but lost negative G  authority. As an example in 109 F4 pushing the stick even on moderate speeds the plane does not respond much. Comparatively in a Yak if you push the stick you red out.
The 109 G2 feels more nimble than before, regarding the positive pitch authority.

One word for you: placebo. We go through this every_single_time an update is released.

4 hours ago, JG27_Kornezov said:

Wow, now there is some solid evidence! :lol:

Edited by LukeFF
  • Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Swing said:

Relax Blitzen ;)...that will be fixed, see the Black six posts in this thread :

I do have the Scripted Missions up & working- no problem,but all the other third party Missions( & there were many that still worked after the major upgrade preceeding this, )simply aren't there.This is what I was referring to .I hope BlackSix has this somewhere on his to-do list ...that's all I'm saying...;)

It's hard not to get a little annoyed, Haash, when some people are crying foul at every chance or always looking for something to complain about.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Orion said:

The man simply asked a question and this is the response he gets . I have read quite a number of your posts, (as well as others) and almost all are condescending, sarcastic, or at times, simply rude. Jason has even gotten to the point where he is cussing on here. It's really quite sad. How about some manners? A typical response is, if you don't like it, play somewhere else. Wonder why the community is not as strong or in such numbers as the older games?, to quote you, "Not very hard to figure that out". I don't post, simply because of the fallout, question not answered, and the "flames" that come along with it. Aviation has been my thing since childhood and now in my 50s, I do know a thing or two about these planes, having been around them and flown in some.  Just respond in a positive manner please, it will make a community more enjoyable and a strong one in the future which obviously helps the sim to grow. Just my 2 cents

Sadly happens a lot in this community, rude , defensive ready to attack others, driving away newbies.

I stopped flight simming for 10 years and got back last year ,the crowd has changed a lot, used to be a lot more friendly and helpful.

If you go to the VR forums section it feels more it used to be, a community, that is friendly and helpful .

• Upvote 1

Thanks! 3.001 did push this game to wow gatecory for me. Thanks for the 3.002 too, i like game fixes, more fixes please! Looking good now. Cant wait the G-14, D-9..P-47..mmmm :)

Please devs, keep it civil. Its good busines in the long run. We customers are sometimes inpatient monkeys, but its because we like the game and want to express our feelings, nothing personal.

Im with Kornezov what he said, exept i think the 20mm has been underpowered since 2015. They made some correction last year but it was not enough i feel. I know , no evidence  haha. And the constant change for the game, i have allways felt like that too, but i have explained it to myself, that its coz some windows update, or bad or good controls, or something in my PC, or connection to internet at that day.

Somebody else suggested this partial cure : re-naming the Missions folder ( I did to Missions2.) Afterwards I now have 3 folders visible in game play: Moscow scenarios,Stalingrad scenarios & Tank scenarios.I don't know where they came from ( they are not in my Missions folder as far as I can tell,)but they appear to work- that's something, but all the other missions & mission folders that are still in the Mission2 folder do not show up,,,strange..:ph34r:

I still did not download the update, so for the people that already did, is the download problem solved?

Regards,

42 minutes ago, VesseL said:

Thanks! 3.001 did push this game to wow gatecory for me. Thanks for the 3.002 too, i like game fixes, more fixes please! Looking good now. Cant wait the G-14, D-9..P-47..mmmm :)

Please devs, keep it civil. Its good busines in the long run. We customers are sometimes inpatient monkeys, but its because we like the game and want to express our feelings, nothing personal.

Im with Kornezov what he said, exept i think the 20mm has been underpowered since 2015. They made some correction last year but it was not enough i feel. I know , no evidence  haha. And the constant change for the game, i have allways felt like that too, but i have explained it to myself, that its coz some windows update, or bad or good controls, or something in my PC, or connection to internet at that day.

I think we have to imagine how it would be to be the devs...to pull what was probably a string of 12 hour days to provide new content and fixes to the users, only to have some people turn around and claim the game is broken based on an engine limitation for the umpteenth time, or level accusations of bias or malicious undercover tweaking.

Would it be good business to be civil? Sure. Is it completely understandable that any person is likely to get snappy under that kind of pressure and exhaustion? Absolutely. Look at how ticked some people get because the game has a glitch in it. Imagine if you were the one that had to spend hours upon hours trying to fix that glitch while people accused you of not listening or doing anything...

• Upvote 2

The main thing is this; there is ample room for improvement and your priorities are strictly your own. They may not align with the DEV priorities. There are also ample threads to make your complaints. Actually, hundreds of them. The DEV diaries, where they literally tell you all the work they have been killing themselves over for US, is not really the place for anything more than a ‘yay’ or an ‘aw shucks, from us. Deep dives into problems other than actual unplayability, not accuracy or perceived immersion breakers, can be handled elsewhere. The game is rapidly becoming the greatest flight sim of all time but we often fail to see the forest for the trees ‘round here.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Blitzen said:

OK guys, by process of elimination, I have found that Jade_Monkee's missions were the culprit on my system (No offense Jade, I have enjoyed you missions immensely).  I started with an empty data/Missions folder and began moving folders and missions back one at a time.  When I saw which missions kept me from being able to see anything, I saw they were the ones by Jade_Monkee.  I have no idea why but that is the case on my system.

On my system all of the Jade_Monkee missions were the ones that the title starts with Attack, bombing, fighter and a particular aircraft type ex: P40.  Anyhoo, once I deleted these, I could see all old missions and see those created missions from PWCG.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Update 3.002 starts updating then fails when extracting game files. I have been trying for 2 days , very frustrating ....Help 

1 hour ago, Blitzen said:

Somebody else suggested this partial cure : re-naming the Missions folder ( I did to Missions2.) Afterwards I now have 3 folders visible in game play: Moscow scenarios,Stalingrad scenarios & Tank scenarios.I don't know where they came from ( they are not in my Missions folder as far as I can tell,)but they appear to work- that's something, but all the other missions & mission folders that are still in the Mission2 folder do not show up,,,strange..:ph34r:

Hi Blitzen, those three folders are the missions, that are part of BOM and BOS, what you are missing are the missions, created by members.

1 hour ago, II/JG17_HerrMurf said:

The DEV diaries, where they literally tell you all the work they have been killing themselves over for US, is not really the place for anything more than a ‘yay’ or an ‘aw shucks, from us. Deep dives into problems other than actual unplayability, not accuracy or perceived immersion breakers, can be handled elsewhere. The game is rapidly becoming the greatest flight sim of all time but we often fail to see the forest for the trees ‘round here.

On the one side, you are absolutely right. But on the other side, there is hardly any input from the Devs other than the DDs in the english forum. No reactions on posts of issues and suggestions, no answers to questions, so I can understand those, who are the opinion, when they post their issues in another thread, the Devs might not take note of it. But in the discussion thread of the DDs and updates, they can be quite sure, that it gets read by the Devs.

• Upvote 2

On 4/18/2018 at 11:29 AM, Space_Ghost said:

I don't have a late Spitfire, 190 A-8 or 109 G-14.

That being said - I'm looking forward to when I do.

Just fly the current Spitfire, any 190 or 109 and it will feel just like a late Spitfire, 190 A-8 or 109 G-14.  

You're welcome.

The DD's are largely informational. Think of them as a slighly interactive newspaper. The problem is you are reading the newspaper in the publisher's living room and some of us are crapping on the rug. The rest of the forum is the family room where all of the cousins get to argue over who sits at the adult table for dinner.

The Dev's read every thread. Maybe not in their entirety but I guarantee you they all get read. Their focus is keeping heads down and working. To expect them to engage in extended back and forths is not realistic in this or any other thread. In the past it has borne a little fruit but mostly angst for both parties. They don't have a PR guy and certainly aren't going to pay one as opposed to paying another engineer or artist. It literally takes people away from their actual jobs to deal with us and write things, often in a second language which must be tough.

Jason loses his $#!7 once in a while and it can be cringeworthy. In the case of this thread he was clearly trolled and took the bait which is unfortunate. As a long time general manager (in a past life) in customer service I know you have to stay above this even when you really want to stab a bitch. On the other hand the stuff that was being said, on the release date of some pretty impressive stuff, was pretty ungrateful. He's human, his guys just devoted most of a year to this particular project, and the loudest voices sometimes pierce through all of the happy customers of which we are the majority.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, II/JG17_HerrMurf said:

Jason loses his $#!7 once in a while and it can be cringeworthy. In the case of this thread he was clearly trolled and took the bait which is unfortunate. As a long time general manager (in a past life) in customer service I know you have to stay above this even when you really want to stab a bitch.

To me, it wasn't "cringeworthy" at all.  I enjoyed seeing him say what needed to be said.  I wish he would do it more.  I'm tired of these whiners and excuse-makers.

Edited by SeaSerpent
  • Upvote 5

3 hours ago, aust3298 said:

OK guys, by process of elimination, I have found that Jade_Monkee's missions were the culprit on my system (No offense Jade, I have enjoyed you missions immensely).  I started with an empty data/Missions folder and began moving folders and missions back one at a time.  When I saw which missions kept me from being able to see anything, I saw they were the ones by Jade_Monkee.  I have no idea why but that is the case on my system.

On my system all of the Jade_Monkee missions were the ones that the title starts with Attack, bombing, fighter and a particular aircraft type ex: P40.  Anyhoo, once I deleted these, I could see all old missions and see those created missions from PWCG.

I'll have to test tomorrow and see what is causing that, I dont do anything special to the missions, so I wonder if changing the naming scheme helps.

SOmetimes some characters create issues but its all a bit weird.

3 hours ago, Jade_Monkey said:

I'll have to test tomorrow and see what is causing that, I dont do anything special to the missions, so I wonder if changing the naming scheme helps.

Try to remove apostrophes from mission file names. In the past this caused problems for me.

• Upvote 1

I've never had my missions disappear when upgrading to 3.002. Then again I didn't add a whole lot of community missions to my install files to the "Jade Monkey" missions might be the culprit as outlined above. Not to have anything against the guy, i"m sure his missions were top notch.

Expirencing critical mission save error + mission stats error error in 3.002 ( the same was in 3.001) in Kuban Carrier 14th day... Deal breaker for me can't continue game.

Vive performance munch worst ( 5~8 fps less in the same situations during carrier) . Thank you

21 hours ago, Ojisan_Mjoelner said:

Experts/tester say though that: If it's not in the list, then it wasn't changed. Not very hard to figure that out.

I do agree with you Kornezov but I am no tester :-)

Well, after release of 3.001 I was searching for topics similar in name to "finally I can shoot down Pe2 wing off " or "109 20mm seems stronger" in multiplayer scenarios. but there wasn't any... I do had same impression when I was testing the career in singleplayer mode but I know that there is significant diffrence bettewn two worlds, one which is absence of network inherent problems. Unfortentently after release I didn't have the time to play recently so can't say more about it.  BTW game code is comlex so there could be some unplanned change or bug.

Edited by 307_Tomcat
  • Upvote 1

On 18.4.2018 at 6:38 PM, Jason_Williams said:

We had this functionality in ROF. We'll eventually have an SDK for it.

Jason

Did the new "system of external GUI dialogs" change how swf files work in missions? I've noticed that the swf files I use in some of my missions/campaigns are no longer working. For example in my "Ivan's War" campaign the swf file I use to allow players to skip intro and outro images has stopped working after the 3.002 update.

13 hours ago, Jade_Monkey said:

I sure hope you can find the cause, I think your missions are some of the absolute best out there and enjoy them very much.   Thanks for your work and good luck.

Don’t be sad.... here in Toronto, after about 3-4 weeks of darkness... it’s blue skies :)

so I’m a few weeks in sim land, we should have a whole new world to play in :) 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, spartan85 said:

Don’t be sad.... here in Toronto, after about 3-4 weeks of darkness... it’s blue skies :)

so I’m a few weeks in sim land, we should have a whole new world to play in :) 

Amen.  :cool:

We had at least a week of total crap weather; snow, freezing rain and rain. Today it's gorgeous and it's staying gorgeous for days. Have to go get the summer times out this aft. It's that time.

Be well, man.