Han

Game version 3.002 discussion: Game Functionality Update

13 minutes ago, Mcdaddy said:

Just can't get the thing downloaded.

Mate,

I'm at work, however the latest hotfix appears to be causing issues. PilotPeter is going to raise it as a tech issue.

regards

I'm going to seed the update tonight after I'm done flying a bit. Hopefully others will too. We gotta help each other here guys.

2 hours ago, Milopapa said:

Well, I for one am extremely disappointed when I read Jason's outbursts on the forum.

I'm a big fan of the game (bought all DLCs including Bodenplatte) but Jason's tone to a customer does nothing to maintain that image. I don't think emotions are allowed when dealing with customers no matter if they are right or wrong.

Also, in this particular case, Jason is wrong - the mod quoted by others is a simple parameter change that solves the cloud shimmering issue for me completely. So it is not "just how they work."

+1 and thank you.

In the end it was me who want´s to be the first one with complains about the cloud problems and the reaction from Jason was foreseeable. A new Developer diary may not be the best place 

for such discussions. ;)

Time for some more positive things.

For me,the overall performance have drastically increased with this update. I have a mid-range Rig and was always on the edge with my settings,and sometimes above it.

The visual improvements are clearly noticeable and the game runs way smoother now with the same settings. Even the "slow downs" in career mode at medium are nearly gone now! Way less stutters and thanks to the Asynchronous terrain caching system, terrain loading issues are history for me.

Kudos to the Dev. Team!

Edited by Semor76
spelling

Down loaded after 3 attempts.  Now in single mission area there are none.  Even PWCG 3.4.1 missions do not show up.  A problem with the down load? Now the scripted missions work.

Well its been a 3 hour ordeal and some things work great and now others are broken. Leaving on vacation in the morning and be back on the 28th I do hope things get worked, this is a great flight sim. 

1 hour ago, Semor76 said:

For me,the overall performance have drastically increased with this update. I have a mid-range Rig and was always on the edge with my settings,and sometimes above it.

The visual improvements are clearly noticeable and the game runs way smoother now with the same settings. Even the "slow downs" in career mode at medium are nearly gone now! Way less stutters and thanks to the Asynchronous terrain caching system, terrain loading issues are history for me.

Kudos to the Dev. Team!

This is really hopefully to hear. The pauses and stuttering have been awful since the big update. Looking forward to performance as it was before. 

Edited by Mcdaddy
  • Upvote 1

Thank you for all the hard work.

And I still have one issue since the last 3.001 update. The wind sound inside cockpit in track replay is still too much emphasized. Hope it gets fixed next update. ;)

Edited by dhillr

I downloaded the update soon after it was posted.  The 3.001 control bindings and careers were still there.  Everything worked fine.  

One day later, today, I tried to open the program and each time it begins to down load the entire 11.56GB program AGAIN.  I tried restarting the computer, starting BoS from different shortcuts and exe locations and the same result every time.  It begins downloading the giant program at a snail's pace.  Now it's 60MB loaded out of 11.56GB.

I had 3.002 downloaded and flying yesterday with zero problems.  This is a cluster.  Whisky Tango Foxtrot, over?

52 minutes ago, Semor76 said:

+1 and thank you.

In the end it was me who want´s to be be the first one with complains about the cloud problems and the reaction from Jason was foreseeable. A new Developer diary may not be best place 

for such discussions. ;)

Time for some more positive things.

Kudos to the Dev. Team!

How about your MP performance now? still less stutters than before or not?

2 hours ago, Haza said:

honesty, forthright discussions and frankness

Unfortunately, his latest comments were anything but frank. He basically shut down the discussion even though he was wrong. 

Anyway, just wanted to chip in from the middle - the product is great but that doesn't mean he should get away with anything. Attacking each other is not very civilized, from either side. It won't stop me from buying their game, I just don't understand why ruin it all with these aggressive responses.

Since I'm here, I wanted to thank the devs all their efforts - this is simply my favorite simulator due to their commitment and continuous updates.

• Like 2

Have tried restarting the launcher many times now. The update just keeps going up in size over 500mb and downloads at an abysmal speed.

Can't get this bloody thing downloaded.

Edited by Mcdaddy

I did try the English voice pack; the result is really great. I thank those how made this once more after testing it is the first Moscow campaign it makes the game playable.

The only thing I regret is the nonfunctioning "object marker" in campaign" mode, sorry for that it makes for me life more difficult but not impossible. great game and yes the loading of the game after the last patch is faster and in the game I did notice a great improvement. Thanks to the team! :salute:

56 minutes ago, Taxman said:

Down loaded after 3 attempts.  Now in single mission area there are none.  Even PWCG 3.4.1 missions do not show up.  A problem with the down load? Now the scripted missions work.

Well its been a 3 hour ordeal and some things work great and now others are broken. Leaving on vacation in the morning and be back on the 28th I do hope things get worked, this is a great flight sim. 

Same here.  I go to Main menu/Missions/ and nothing displays.  If I look in game/data/ Missions the missions are there in the folder.... they just don't display and can't be accessed from the game now (after 3.002 and 3.002b)

36 minutes ago, =GM=GJL2 said:

How about your MP performance now? still less stutters than before or not?

Sorry, didn´t test it. I was busy with a test flight over kuban the past 40 minutes. This map was always a problem for my rig. Those problems are gone now. I did the test flight with everything on,Tanks,Arty,etc on average weather and can´t find any hick ups,stutters, lag´s or artifacts like in the past.Nothing...niente and it looks stunning!  Really impressive how smooth it was.

3.002 was the "missing link" for the last big update ^^

Hope you guys get your download issues sorted out and test the MP by yourself. It´s late here in Germany,need to sleep.

AMD FX 6400 OC to 3.9GHZ

GTX 1050OC

8Gig Ram (next month I get 16Gig´s)

Win10

2018_4_19__1_43_32.jpg

Edited by Semor76
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, aust3298 said:

Same here.  I go to Main menu/Missions/ and nothing displays.  If I look in game/data/ Missions the missions are there in the folder.... they just don't display and can't be accessed from the game now (after 3.002 and 3.002b)

Same here.

I even deleted the mtreecache, ctreecache and ttreecache files as well as restartred my PC. No dice.

Steam Install went very quickly...but my other non steam  install is taking forever.Is this typical?:huh:

18 minutes ago, Jade_Monkey said:

Same here.

I even deleted the mtreecache, ctreecache and ttreecache files as well as restartred my PC. No dice.

Well at least it's not issue with my install.  Will check in on the 28th.

Download stop 3 times, finally completed version 3.002b is this correct ? Many things not working as before including P-39 Bendix radio . 

Anyway to uninstall update and try to reinstall ?

New update good for me, has an interesting freeze though.  Was flyin quick mission kuban, plane just froze mid flight so I thought program crashed, but escape brought up menu... map popped up ok... hud fine...FPS was up in 100s 

pause went on and off... but plane was stuck??

Anywho force quite and all was well after, had some crazy furballs With lots o planes!

my only issue is the clouds as all keep mentioning... 

i find that aircraft would pass infront of a distant cloud and they would become almost invisible....   not in the cloud, infront of it...  and in pursuit of aircraft, the only thing visible would be the outline of the prop???   Full pixelation of aircraft to the point where they just disappear and then pop into exsistance once passed the cloud in the background...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......

ok back to work

Hopefully when Han's said that the first aircraft for Bodenplatte would be released next month, what he really meant  was that it would be released between 1 May and 9 May in celebration of these dates!  Fingers crossed ☺

2 hours ago, TP_Sparky said:

I downloaded the update soon after it was posted.  The 3.001 control bindings and careers were still there.  Everything worked fine.  

One day later, today, I tried to open the program and each time it begins to down load the entire 11.56GB program AGAIN.  I tried restarting the computer, starting BoS from different shortcuts and exe locations and the same result every time.  It begins downloading the giant program at a snail's pace.  Now it's 60MB loaded out of 11.56GB.

I had 3.002 downloaded and flying yesterday with zero problems.  This is a cluster.  Whisky Tango Foxtrot, over?

Was getting exactly the same so just left it alone and it finished abruptly and was suddenly playable without having actually downloaded 11.56 GB. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Blitzen said:

Steam Install went very quickly...but my other non steam  install is taking forever.Is this typical?:huh:

My experience has always been similar.   1CGS/777 are a terrific flight sim maker, but they are not distribution experts, be sure.

Anyone with persistent problems with downloading new versions should seriously consider transitioning to Steam. 

Meanwhile :salute: to the team for making so many fixes and enhancements so quickly after such a major release.

31 minutes ago, unreasonable said:

Anyone with persistent problems with downloading new versions should seriously consider transitioning to Steam. 

I've really had enough of it. Looking to make the move to Steam now but I could not find how to transfer the sim to download through Steam. How do we go about this?

Cheers

Edited by Mcdaddy

10 hours ago, RedKestrel said:

This may be a stupid question, but are you having issues with your internet connection?

Also maybe the server is a bit overloaded from a lot of people updating and you can't make a connection to it?

Hi,

everything was ok with 3.001. I had no problems connecting and playing. This message appeared after the newest update.

Internet connection is ok, firewall and antivirus recognizig BOX as game.

3 minutes ago, Windmills said:

15 kbps DL atm and fails regularly having to restart it.

Never had any issues with DL speeds before.

2.71kb/s. Same problem

How big is the hotfix meant to be,-

- as I had the simulation previously functioning and loaded up to 3.001, now today on starting  it first showed an update file of 246.88 mb which downloaded at 165mbps (as fast as it gets here) to about 85%,  and then speed dropped off to a snail pace download of 2.42 kbps,  which I had to stop downloading and turn computer off as I had to go out. Then when I restarted the computer it shows a file size of 1.12 gb but now downloading at 2.42 kbps (which means this simulation will never run again at this rate).

Something seems strange here ..any ideas on what's going on would be appreciated.

Now on a recheck its up to 1.89 gb file size and climbing

Bugger!!!

Edited by Goanna1

Luckily my game had no troubles updating due to me being on steam. 

Aside from that problem the game runs even more smoothly than 3.001 using VR with the same settings. I get framedrops much less often and an overall higher FPS average than before by what feels like 10 FPS more. The only thing that brings it down is staring into the sun... but I just cant help myself it looks so good.

Thanks for the TrackIR update too! I like bouncing back and forth between the two when I come home too drained to want to wear the headset. 

Interesting that a mod was made for forcing clouds to stay at max quality, hopefully the Devs can integrate that into the regular game. As of now the "Mods On" function brings down my FPS too much and I'm not sure why so I'm going to leave my game stock until I hear something fixing that. Its OK though, I am more than happy enough with the current improvements and headway. 

Really looking forward to those first BoBp planes! Fw190-A8 will be my fav!

Good news - both versions finally installed..Bad News : like others all 'Missions no longer show up....Is there a fix coming along?:dry:

5 hours ago, pilotpierre said:

This is bloody annoying. After about 8 attempts I removed the 18-4-18 folder from the downloads folder and tried again.

It was sailing along great at 850+ kB/s plus until it was about 7/8 this of the way through when it dropped back to 0.11 and has stalled again. Also I have noticed n the last 3 attempts it has checked cache twice on each occasion.

HI Mr PP:),

had the same problem yesterday but at least several attempts later i was able to download the update. After that i tried to play but i had server connection problems. This remains.

Never had that, 3.001 was great.

My antivirus and firewall accepting BOX as game, so no problems. I deleted the whole game now, trying my best but downloading failed another time. DL rate is very low.

3 hours ago, Jade_Monkey said:

Same here.

Try opening them in the editor and resaving.

Sneaky, what about all of us who can’t complete downloading 3.002 - see problems forum

• Upvote 1

Yeah, there seems to be a problem with the server or the connection of the server, since I just bought the game and had the same problems right from the start of the download as the guys who only had to update it.

• Upvote 1

Hello,

no issues here with the update through Steam. This might be server related.

Performance is better now and MP works flawlessly. New career also seems to be working fine and the AI works better.

thanks for the update! I hope you can fix the update issue!

remember guys that this is their biggest update yet and the biggest problem may be the clouds issue but everything is working.

rememeber other “beta” sims

I have completely downloaded the whole game, a fresh install.

I have the same server connection problems. As i said before, this was not with 3.001.

I dont know what to do.

I cant log in. See the loading bar, hear sounds after veryfying my password, i have that annoying master server connection problem

server connection failure.jpg

Edited by Yankee_One

8 hours ago, =GM=GJL2 said:

MP or SP?

SP, neither airkills, nor destroyed ground targets. They are shown as destroyed, but not marked as destroyed by me. But they are counted in my career statistics.

5 hours ago, Milopapa said:

Unfortunately, his latest comments were anything but frank. He basically shut down the discussion even though he was wrong. 

Anyway, just wanted to chip in from the middle - the product is great but that doesn't mean he should get away with anything. Attacking each other is not very civilized, from either side. It won't stop me from buying their game, I just don't understand why ruin it all with these aggressive responses.

Since I'm here, I wanted to thank the devs all their efforts - this is simply my favorite simulator due to their commitment and continuous updates.

I'm pretty sure he is just tired of people using any and every thread to bitch about their pet nit-picks. It never fails. Every DD and update thread that brings us massive updates and good news is inevitably filled with little children whining, "but you still didn't fix this...""thanks for all the hard work and new stuff but it's just unplayable wah wah wah...". 

Everybody knows about the frickin clouds. Obviously they made some changes in the last update and probably sacrificing some cloud quality made up for extending the horizon, draw distance, and clouds draw distance I don't know.

What I do know is these guys are human and if I were the one busting my ass to make this stuff happen and came here to read people saying, "great work but it sucks because you didn't fix all these other little things too" I'd be pretty pissed as well. 

If you have bug reports and gripes put them in the appropriate place.

Or maybe politeness and manners have no place in the modern digital world...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 15

I agree with Borys here. Give the man a break.