Han

Game version 3.002 discussion: Game Functionality Update

I remember the 190 drama like it was yesterday haha. It was a real drama (though I don't quite buy they "needed" proof for that. That thick glass distorts light is something you learn in high school, and that Focke-Wulf wouldn't build a plane where almost half of the gunsight is covered by a frame should be obvious. But whatever, let's this one rest lol.)

I also remember TRIM ON A SLIDER. Who else does? lol

Edited by heartc
  • Upvote 1

Molodoi's argument is purelely ad hominem so it does not qualify for an answer.

What BorysVorobyov writes is really easy to refute. Please do not confuse BoX community with the general mouse user of the World of warplanes community. People which complained some of them have real life experience, others have aeronautical degrees. It was not difficult to see that the rudder response in the 109 was wrong.

The problem was not because the community did not follow proper procedure but because the developpers did not use proper procedure and the whole FM was wrong in the first place and had to be remade.

That does not mean that this sim is not the best we have. It is just because this game is the best flight sim people argue about it. Just people want it to make it better. And if you see a problem in everybody that holds an argument different from "Thank you developpers" this is entirely another issue. Thanks to all this we have a far better product. Which is not ever going to happen if all the feed-back is Thank you developpers.
The player community are the investors, the developpers are the management.

Edited by JG27_Kornezov
  • Upvote 5

I stopped following IL2 development with the initial dismal state of both CloD and then later BOS, but if there's anything I know that's going very wrong with communities then it's the fanboism. I also remember (was it Dart's or Bart's) DIESIMFANBOI site that came up around the time of release of LOMAC, and mostly because of it. I was one of the members there lol.

• Like 1

Damn, too bad I cannot spend another 70$ right now, my finances are tight. I'd buy bodenplatte if I could and I definitely will when I can :D

43 minutes ago, JG27_Kornezov said:

What BorysVorobyov writes is really easy to refute. Please do not confuse BoX community with the general mouse user of the World of warplanes community. People which complained some of them have real life experience, others have aeronautical degrees. It was not difficult to see that the rudder response in the 109 was wrong.

The problem was not because the community did not follow proper procedure but because the developpers did not use proper procedure and the whole FM was wrong in the first place and had to be remade.

That does not means that this sim is not the best we have. It is just because this game is the best flight sim people argue about it. Just people want it to make it better. And if you see a problem in everybody that holds an argument different from "Thank you developpers" this is entirely another issue. Thanks to all this we have a far better product. Which is not ever going to happen if all the feed-back is Thank you developpers.
The player community are the investors, the developpers are the management.

So by your logic of spamming whining and complaining everywhere, we should have a Mediterranean expansion coming up instead of Bodenplatte. Or we would be going ahead with the Pacific. Or we would have four engine bombers. Or we would have clickable cockpits. The list is long.

My point was there is a place for whining and complaining and it's not in the DD and update threads unless there is some major problem such as the downloading problem with the hotfix. The suggestions and bugs sections are for complaints. The devs see them. They know they are there. Even better you can PM one of them to be sure they see it.

Jason seems to have run out of patience with people shitting on the team's work and to be honest I don't blame him. Put yourself in their shoes and look at it from their perspective.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Some great fixes, thanks.    As a head up, the FW190 pilots (AI) are frequently crashing on take off(~40% of the time); it really needs to be fixed.  This based on Career mode in Kuban flying for the SG1

Love you devs, I just got Bodenplatte.... can’t wait for the journey ahead!  

Wow, so much drama here last night because the Hotfix had a problem. It is simple. it didn't work last night, one of a million different problems that could have gone wrong did, so, I went to sleep, woke up this morning, tried it again and it worked.  Thank you 1C for being on top of your game and producing such a quick fix.  Instead of staying up late last night flying 3.002 and still being in bed this morning, I am well rested and ready to fly in 3.002b today. It's a win win for me. Good Job!!!:salute:

Spoiler

Just like those clever Russians! The first drive through well. Nice Guys, you think of everything. :lol:The new roads do look awesome.:salute:

POdbcwr.jpg

S!Blade<><

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, BladeMeister said:

Wow, so much drama here last night because the Hotfix had a problem. It is simple. it didn't work last night, one of a million different problems that could have gone wrong did, so, I went to sleep, woke up this morning, tried it again and it worked.  Thank you 1C for being on top of your game and producing such a quick fix.  Instead of staying up late last night flying 3.002 and still being in bed this morning, I am well rested and ready to fly in 3.002b today. It's a win win for me. Good Job!!!:salute:

Hide contents

Just like those clever Russians! The first drive through well. Nice Guys, you think of everything. :lol:The new roads do look awesome.:salute:

POdbcwr.jpg

S!Blade<><

Wow, Russian Tim Horton's really go all-in on the historical aesthetic!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

If you don't like what we are doing don't play the game. Start your own company and do it yourself if you know better. So God damn tired of posts like this.

5 hours ago, BorysVorobyov said:

Or maybe politeness and manners have no place in the modern digital world...

Borys, it is a matter of "who", not "where" or "when".

Edited by NoMoreSteam

I have downloaded the whole game again and now its fixed. Its working again.

Man, i am glad. Love this game.

Thanks for any help

Thanks devs and forum guys

S!

Edited by Yankee_One

6 minutes ago, NoMoreSteam said:

Borys, it is a matter of "who", not "where" or "when".

Well don't kick the bear if you don't want to get eaten...

3 minutes ago, BorysVorobyov said:

Well don't kick the bear if you don't want to get eaten...

The problem is the bear sometimes stops to see these nasty "kickers" are feeding him...

Generally, people posting here are not frustrated, annoying human beings, but often dedicated players who just want to improve the game. Players say what is wrong, developers try to fix it. The opposite way is not possible, I am afraid. 

I'm sure this has been asked but cannot find out if ( when) it will be fixed:All "Missions" are gone & trying to go there results ( at least with me ) a screen freeze on my non-Steam install & some sort of a blue 'Steam" screen on my Steam install.This was true of the initial installs & still true this morning.I even tried one suggestion of eliminating the 3 caches (mtree,ctree,and ttree,) which seemed to make no difference at all.Hopefully someone has figured this out..thanks!:huh:

1 minute ago, Blitzen said:

I'm sure this has been asked but cannot find out if ( when) it will be fixed:All "Missions" are gone & trying to go there results ( at least with me ) a screen freeze on my non-Steam install & some sort of a blue 'Steam" screen on my Steam install.This was true of the initial installs & still true this morning.I even tried one suggestion of eliminating the 3 caches (mtree,ctree,and ttree,) which seemed to make no difference at all.Hopefully someone has figured this out..thanks!:huh:

One suggestion earlier in the thread (I think from Han) was to go to the missions folder, open them in the editor, and resave them and see if they show up. Not sure if that would eliminate the freezing...

I haven't gotten the update yet, I was waiting for things to blow over a bit before I attempted it, so unfortunately I can't test that...

2 hours ago, JG27_Kornezov said:

Of course it's ad hominem because I wanted you to realize that you are REALLY pissing off the same exact persons who try hard to entertain you with this game.

My problem with what you encourage is not about the goal (having a better game) but the way : being that stubborn guy who can't stop knocking at the door when obviously it's closed and nobody will open it. Maybe try another door...

I must say,  it is refreshing to wake up to fund out that in 24 hours there already was a "b" hotfix. Great work indeed.

It is something that should be noted by the guys who cant turn the slipped disk, with the "ermagherd when are you going to fix this and that" routine.

9 hours ago, Mcdaddy said:

I've really had enough of it. Looking to make the move to Steam now but I could not find how to transfer the sim to download through Steam. How do we go about this?

Cheers

You can no longer port this game over to Steam. It was a one time deal when it was offered a year or two ago. The only way to do it now would be to buy BoS on Steam. Then all of your other content would automatically be available there.

Yes, it seems fun when the German forces where winning but when they are losing the fun is gone and they do not “wanna” to play anymore, children are terrible...

And they ask why they are so few allied flyers in the games that portrait the beginning of the war? How stupid of us the allies who are always loosing and sadly do not love it?! Not fair!

End air war games are fun because for once war go the way it should go the allies win and the bad guy loose.:salute:

• Confused 1

Thanks, developer guys, for quickly resolving the download issue with the update that was reported yesterday.  Update went smoothly and everything looks good!

Still nobody did react to the fact that the "object markers" is broken after the  new patch , I know it is not important, but is there someone looking into it or is it me only?!

I cannot play the campaign without these makers that indicate where are the friendly or not friendly planes and ground targets I cannot see them! I need these markers and with the news (since the new last patch) they do not function anymore. Am I the only one to have this or is there someone else?! Is someone looking into it? Or not? I know it is not important, but maybe? A kind person could look and say yes they work or no it shall never work again go away you stupid shortsighted idiot…:P :salute:

22 hours ago, Simon1279 said:

The issues related to WMR are related to Steam VR at the moment, it isn't nothing related to the game itself, i see lot of these posts even on other game's forums, you WMR guys must keep in mind that WMR support in Steam VR it's still in beta

This is the only game with which there is problem of IPD

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, 216th_Jordan said:

I get the inverted roll in TrackIR still. Anyone else?

I tried My TrackIr v5 with a single fre mission during 15 minutes +- and no problems at all. :salute:

The issues related to WMR are related to Steam VR at the moment, it isn't nothing related to the game itself, i see lot of these posts even on other game's forums, you WMR guys must keep in mind that WMR support in Steam VR it's still in beta

This is the only game with which there is problem of IPD

Same with me, this is the only game I have which there is a problem, including DCS and X-Plane. 

• Upvote 1

Downloaded very fast for a few seconds after starting it just now, made it 70% through within 10 seconds, but then it dropped back to 1kbps. I restarted the installer but it doesn't give me good speeds again.

EDIT: Ok, after a few minutes of waiting it suddenly sped up again and finished the DL.

Edited by Windmills

57 minutes ago, 216th_Jordan said:

I get the inverted roll in TrackIR still. Anyone else?

For me, trackIR work fine now...inverted roll corrected...

23 hours ago, LukeFF said:

If it's not in the list, then it wasn't changed. Not very hard to figure that out.

Guess you are a tester huh?

19 hours ago, JG4_dingsda said:

You would probably have to point this question to Nvidia ... :(

There is a solution, though:

Have a look here

Driver 358.91  and

Driver 337.88

I am not sure this is a nvidia problem when it is only a problem for all that have the 780.
And the new drivers run better with other games that i play never had this problem with them only when i try to play il-2 bos

4 minutes ago, LMGmaana2820 said:

I am not sure this is a nvidia problem when it is only a problem for all that have the 780.
And the new drivers run better with other games that i play never had this problem with them only when i try to play il-2 bos

It is an NVidia problem and always has been.

When I get dropped from a server because it is full I stay stuck on a black screen hearing hangar sounds but it fails to load the hangar and the menus.

Edited by 6./ZG26_Gielow

I am also having this issue.

Attempt to join a 83/84 server, if I fail to get in I get a black screen.

49 minutes ago, Tipsi said:

I am also having this issue.

Attempt to join a 83/84 server, if I fail to get in I get a black screen.

Probably because it’s full? And everyone else is bumping each other out?

I've learned not to even attempt to join 83/84 or even 82/84 server situation. :)  Not only it's a gamble joining, but once you join the overall "flying and everyone is lagging" experience is pretty abysmal.