Jump to content
Han

Game version 3.002 discussion: Game Functionality Update

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Space_Ghost said:

 

Not only a massive confirmation bias but also an argument from authority given the "high profile multiplayer fliers" whose feelings are certainly more correct than people who have done actual testing.

 

Before you let silly tests/evidence/facts get in the way, hear me out. I recently became aware that he flies "very often to the very limit of the plane's capabilities." I'm talking right to the biting edge of the envelope, staring into the abyss and refusing to blink. Not once, not even sometimes, but very often. This allows him to transcend the haze and muck of facts and perceive the real truth. Kind of like Divine Right, but earned through almost incomprehensible skill. If that isn't authority, I don't know what is.

Edited by Cpt_Cool
  • Haha 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think it's placebo. It's a WT tactic. That little shooter was ruined by [edited] complaining about cannon damage. So the devs strengthened the cannon rounds. Then there was complaints about the 50 cals so they got strengthened. Then it was back to the cannon rounds. Some folk think that if they whine long enough on these forums they will get an uber cannon just like they did on the WT forums. They show no proof, just their "feelings". feelings based on the misguided impression that they should be getting 6-10 kills per flight. 

Edited by SYN_Haashashin
lenguage
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cpt_Cool said:

 

Before you let silly tests/evidence/facts get in the way, hear me out. I recently became aware that he flies "very often to the very limit of the plane's capabilities." I'm talking right to the biting edge of the envelope, staring into the abyss and refusing to blink. Not once, not even sometimes, but very often. This allows him to transcend the haze and muck of facts and perceive the real truth. Kind of like Divine Right, but earned through almost incomprehensible skill. If that isn't authority, I don't know what is.

Wow. The courage. The daring. The strain of sitting in a comfy chair letting it all hang out. Aaaaand, coming back for more??? Unbelievable.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cpt_Cool said:

 

Before you let silly tests/evidence/facts get in the way, hear me out. I recently became aware that he flies "very often to the very limit of the plane's capabilities." I'm talking right to the biting edge of the envelope, staring into the abyss and refusing to blink. Not once, not even sometimes, but very often. This allows him to transcend the haze and muck of facts and perceive the real truth. Kind of like Divine Right, but earned through almost incomprehensible skill. If that isn't authority, I don't know what is.

 

That's industrial strength sarcasm, that is. Well played!

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow i really feel like paria class here in this forum now. All you LW pilots, dont you dare to say anything but praise the game, and its creators or you will get bullied or even name calling. If we dont like every bit of the game we must shut up or leave. Nice manners here. But if you are vvs pilot you can say anything. I fly mostly LW but also VVS but i dont feel very wellcomed here.

 

Many here say that they cant stand the whining, but they are just whinin more. There is ignore function. Maybe its something you should think by yourself why you get pissed of about something so trivial than a video-game forum post lol.  And when you are so smart, why dont you show a good example how we can all enjoy beeing here?

Happy flying :)

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a thought:  If people want to feel more "welcome" than perhaps they should stop doing things that are "unwelcome", such as constant complaining with little or no basis.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

another tough :if the guy s i read on this forum who express their unconditional  love and admiration for the dev's could prove it once a week to leave the general forum and go on the technical forum to help 1 new member with his problem, there would be lot less complains and you d have to play less moderators job.

Right now, most of the time it is a guys with 10 posts who ll help another guy s with 8 posts like... when it is a veteran who help  it s always the same few.

 

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heres thought for you. If you dont like peoples "constant complaint" which is a lie, you should use ignore, right. But instead you deside to make people feel unwellcome. I wellcome all complaints so for me it is not a thing that is unwellcome here. Does the rules say that complaining is not allowed? If so im out of here. Was the p-40 whining unwellcomed here? Nobody got pissed about that whining for some mysterious reason.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think when "bug" reports and feedback to developers is being given, it isn't something to be "ignored."  I think it is something that needs be examined, given credence if it has a solid basis, or otherwise, debunked.   So the forum isn't Mr. Roger's neighborhood:  Maybe you want the forum to be touchy/feely and psychologically validating, but when we are dealing with a simulation, truth and facts should count too. 

Edited by SeaSerpent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, VesseL said:

for some mysterious reason

 

Juuuuust what are you trying to say?  :o:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I don't know about anyone else, but when I try to log-in to my game, it comes up with a message list warning saying that a "Packed data verification failed.":huh:

Does anyone know how to solve this problem? If so how do I fix this?

Kind regards to the Dev team,

KG5 

B.S.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 5./StG1_KG5 said:

Well I don't know about anyone else, but when I try to log-in to my game, it comes up with a message list warning saying that a "Packed data verification failed.":huh:

Does anyone know how to solve this problem? If so how do I fix this?

Kind regards to the Dev team,

KG5 

 

 

You've updated the game to 3.002b, correct?  (meaning you start the game with the launcher,  and verified that it updated to latest version)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SeaSerpent said:

 

You've updated the game to 3.002b, correct?  (meaning you start the game with the launcher,  and verified that it updated to latest version)

 

Yes, and i have put in my info, clicked enter, it goes, and then the pop-up that you see comes up. How do I fix it (if there is a way.)?

Wait, what do you mean verified?

Edited by 5./StG1_KG5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, 5./StG1_KG5 said:

Wait, what do you mean verified?

 

If you installed your game through steam you can verify the integrity of the installation. This usually fixes the problem you have. If you don't have steam, I have no idea how you can fix it, sorry.

Edited by Pupo
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pupo said:

 

If you installed your game through steam you can verify the integrity o the installation. This usually fixes the problem you have. If you don't have steam, I have no idea how can you fix it, sorry.

 

Thanks, I will test this out. Let's see if this works. Fingers crossed...

HAZAH! It has worked! Thanks guys, see you all in the skies.

 

KG5 :salute:

Edited by 5./StG1_KG5
Typo
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cpt_Cool said:

 

Before you let silly tests/evidence/facts get in the way, hear me out. I recently became aware that he flies "very often to the very limit of the plane's capabilities." I'm talking right to the biting edge of the envelope, staring into the abyss and refusing to blink. Not once, not even sometimes, but very often. This allows him to transcend the haze and muck of facts and perceive the real truth. Kind of like Divine Right, but earned through almost incomprehensible skill. If that isn't authority, I don't know what is.

 

Actually it is a very good description of the process. I can add that I actually have flight sim super powers: the ability to perceive the flat screen as 3D and the capability to tap into the dark side of the force.

Edited by JG27_Kornezov
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cpt_Cool said:

 

Juuuuust what are you trying to say?  :o:

 

Thanks for asking, i think its partly because the history, "luftwhining", its funny for some maybe, and its easy way to make someone look like a fool  and maybe for some its the past happenings, the nazis and the horrible war. And someone might think, that everyone who likes the german planes is nazi, i hope im not right. But its different depending who is whining. There seem to be two camps. Other camp have the right to whine as much as they want, nobody say nothing. But when the other camp whine its something terrible. I would ban the word whine. 

Edited by VesseL
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When a person states that the developers are untrustworthy, it is insulting.

 

Claiming the devs snuck changes without announcement is calling them untrustworthy.

Claiming the devs try to give one side an un-historical advantage over the other side is straight up calling them liars.

 

I'm not saying you have done the above but it is far too common.

 

But if you look again, I was really only poking fun at the air of MP superiority.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Cpt_Cool said:

 

Claiming the devs snuck changes without announcement is calling them untrustworthy.

 

 

Macchi fuel tank capacity, just for one. It is not disrespectful or distrustful; it is simply what happened. Changes have been made without announcement. Anyone without their head in the sand can see this, and it's not a big deal either. 

Edited by Mcdaddy
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wow rad fellas!  AND a Bondeplatte  plane NEXT MONTH already? Surely a US plane eh ha. Niiiice! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have probably hundreds of thousands of code.. change one line and the rest are effected, kinda like a virtual butterfly effect...

In WoL the mig-3 flaps its wings on one side of the kuban map, then over on coconut server the 109s cannons are ineffective.... 

just basic relativity people... 

 

 

But really, there are how many more items being improved and updated next month so there’s probably gonna be a lot more fun stuff to complain about....

 

now for my all-nighter..... what server to play gents????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, katdog5 said:

wow rad fellas!  AND a Bondeplatte  plane NEXT MONTH already? Surely a US plane eh ha. Niiiice! 

 

Hmmmm....nah, I don't think so. If you held me down and forced me to guess, I'm thinking Spitfire Mk9. Then a '109 because, God knows, we need more of those. Then it's anybody's guess. I'm really looking forward to leaving the Soviet Union and being transferred west. 

Edited by Poochnboo
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Poochnboo said:

 

Hmmmm....nah, I don't think so. If you held me down and forced me to guess, I'm thinking Spitfire Mk9. Then a '109 because, God knows, we need more of those. Then it's anybody'e guess. I'm really looking forward to leaving the Soviet Union and being transferred west. 

I'm beginning to think we should have headed east to the Pacific. At least there we'd be spared the persecuted complex of some German flyers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rolling_Thunder said:

At least there we'd be spared the persecuted complex of some German flyers.

 I don't know, I've heard from some guys out there that the Japanese can be just as bad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why doesn't the name of the player who gets a kill show up anymore .. just a generic plane kill notification 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JG27_Kornezov said:

 

Actually it is a very good description of the process. I can add that I actually have flight sim super powers: the ability to perceive the flat screen as 3D and the capability to tap into the dark side of the force.

 

Alright raaaid.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DD_Artie1959 said:

Why doesn't the name of the player who gets a kill show up anymore .. just a generic plane kill notification 

 

Multiplayer has taken a huge hit with bugs and performance since the 3.001 update. No time remaining indicator, loadouts locked, stuttering, kill notifications, sometimes servers not showing up, slow tab-stats loading; the list goes on. 

Edited by Mcdaddy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

good morning gentlemen of this actulizacion not ceased to have problems black screens that toasting the game having to kill the process recordings that are not ben sking that personal and official flicker and problems with the trackirR night servers that came and went that is happening Some explanation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, =gRij=ToReRo said:

 

good morning gentlemen of this actulizacion not ceased to have problems black screens that toasting the game having to kill the process recordings that are not ben sking that personal and official flicker and problems with the trackirR night servers that came and went that is happening Some explanation

 

What the hell does this mean?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DD_Artie1959 said:

Why doesn't the name of the player who gets a kill show up anymore .. just a generic plane kill notification 

I think, probably because of the The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679. This is a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy for all individuals within the European Union. It addresses the export of personal data outside the EU.

Edited by JG27_Kornezov
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, JG27_Kornezov said:

I think, probably because of the The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679. This is a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy for all individuals within the European Union. It addresses the export of personal data outside the EU.

There is no personal data transported. That is the reason why you fly with a nickname, not your real name.

And BTW, this would not explain, why my nickname is not showed anymore by kills in SP. Like in MP, there is only the aircraft named, that made the kill, in the air and on the ground, plus the blue marking around the red killmarks on the AAR maps are gone as well.

Edited by Yogiflight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yogiflight said:

There is no personal data transported. That is the reason why you fly with a nickname, not your real name.

And BTW, this would not explain, why my nickname is not showed anymore by kills in SP. Like in MP, there is only the aircraft named, that made the kill, in the air and on the ground, plus the blue marking around the red killmarks on the AAR maps are gone as well.

I was joking. They are going to fix it if enough people complain about it. But maybe it was intentional change.

Edited by JG27_Kornezov
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, VesseL said:

 

Thanks for asking, i think its partly because the history, "luftwhining", its funny for some maybe, and its easy way to make someone look like a fool  and maybe for some its the past happenings, the nazis and the horrible war. And someone might think, that everyone who likes the german planes is nazi, i hope im not right. But its different depending who is whining. There seem to be two camps. Other camp have the right to whine as much as they want, nobody say nothing. But when the other camp whine its something terrible. I would ban the word whine. 

Nah Luftwhiners are usually unskilled "pilots" with little to no knowledge of anything whining a lot on forums in order to get their favorites planes buffed for no reason other than "it feels weak" or some BS, their main tactic being the spam of tears. It's a War Thunder thing, aka probably the most cancerous community of the whole video game world.

 

5 hours ago, Mcdaddy said:

 

Multiplayer has taken a huge hit with bugs and performance since the 3.001 update. No time remaining indicator, loadouts locked, stuttering, kill notifications, sometimes servers not showing up, slow tab-stats loading; the list goes on. 

Seems to me the loadout thing is server related.

Yes there's a bunch of glitches but nothing is really gamebreaking exept the planes that vanish when being in front of a cloud.

 

Guys! Just a friendly reminder if you have an issue with this game send proof of it's existence and send it to Support or Directly or post it on the dedicated section of the forum, a video, screenshot or historical data is the only way to get things changed and done, spewing the same thing over and over won't make things move most of the time especially whining about the issue in this thread like some child is rarely helpful.

Edited by =FEW=Hauggy
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Mcdaddy said:

 

Macchi fuel tank capacity, just for one.

 

After my own tests, I feel this has not been changed. Several of my low-profile Single player colleagues concur.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, =FEW=Hauggy said:

Nah Luftwhiners are usually unskilled "pilots" with little to no knowledge of anything whining a lot on forums in order to get their favorites planes buffed for no reason other than "it feels weak" or some BS, their main tactic being the spam of tears. It's a War Thunder thing, aka probably the most cancerous community of the whole video game world.

 

Seems to me the loadout thing is server related.

Yes there's a bunch of glitches but nothing is really gamebreaking exept the planes that vanish when being in front of a cloud.

 

Guys! Just a friendly reminder if you have an issue with this game send proof of it's existence and send it to Support or Directly or post it on the dedicated section of the forum, a video, screenshot or historical data is the only way to get things changed and done, spewing the same thing over and over won't make things move most of the time especially whining about the issue in this thread like some child is rarely helpful.

 So is the 109 or 190 buffed now, and for no reason? I think they corrected the 190 because looong ( over and over like you said) and messy complaining process. Same with the 20mm. It was valid complaint coz 20mm got fixed. Not fully, i think, but still. MG151/20 should be as powerful as the hispano cannon, but its not, or is it? Now there is a thread in FM forum about the 109 engine time limits. And turntimes. Why dont you go there and stop that BS? Every major BS whining has so far been right. Proof has been sent every time. Not by me. And the fix has been delivered, which is great. So please stop whining, its old joke, that luftwhining tool,, And would you tell who  are those luftwhiners you are talking about?

 

What is so stupid with all this arguing for nothing, is that it sabotage the real discussion. I stop now. I go flying..

 

 

Edited by VesseL
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, VesseL said:

 So is the 109 or 190 buffed now, and for no reason? I think they corrected the 190 because looong ( over and over like you said) and messy complaining process. Same with the 20mm. It was valid complaint coz 20mm got fixed. Not fully, i think, but still. MG151/20 should be as powerful as the hispano cannon, but its not, or is it? Now there is a thread in FM forum about the 109 engine time limits. And turntimes. Why dont you go there and stop that BS? Every major BS whining has so far been right. Proof has been sent every time. Not by me. And the fix has been delivered, which is great. So please stop whining, its old joke, that luftwhining tool,, And would you tell who  are those luftwhiners you are talking about?

 

What is so stupid with all this arguing for nothing, is that it sabotage the real discussion. I stop now. I go flying..

 

 

Are you trying to illustrate my point or what?

Nobody cares about what you might think, what matters is the facts.

The hispanos had an actual better velocity and the actual power of the shells is very similar in game.

There are no nerfs, only changes made to make the planes in game reflect the performance of the actual planes I couldn't explain everything in detail but maybe someone more patient than me could.

For some facts check this vid : 

 

Edited by =FEW=Hauggy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 You are right and it is why the Spitfire Mk V did get obsolete so fast in the west, facing FW 190 at medium to high altitudes in air battles where the Spitfire defended bombers against intercepting FW190 how did use their speed they could do Nothing and suffered heavy loses until the Spitfire MK IX did replace them in the fights.

But I did also read the memoirs of Yakovlev the constructor/designer of the Yak fighters how said that the Fw190 became heavier and heavier with the passage of time when most of the Soviet fighter aircrafts became lighter for the same characteristics. Was he right? I do not know but maybe?

One last remarq in this case the game is spot on and did not miss the caracter of this two  plane of legend. Thanks for the video. :salute:

Edited by senseispcc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Testing, submitting reports, posting in the correct section of the forum, providing solid evidence and being polite tend to get things done.

 

 

ycaMuVz.jpg

 

.........being rude, banging on and on about the same thing over and over again, trolling, saying something is FUBAR without any evidence, creating drama. 

 

Well that's just...

joFTv0y.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...