Jump to content
Han

Game version 3.002 discussion: Game Functionality Update

Recommended Posts

Marvellous, I've just tried (Coconut Normal) to get in to a PE2 and I can get ANY munitions at all. Some Hotfix!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

has this fixed the MP a/c loadout issue? ie you select your airbase and a/c but all the modifications are blanked out (even though they're available) so you have to unselect the airbase then repeat and it'll all be there. Annoying as hell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried that.....but ALL the loadouts were locked, no matter how many times I came out of the a/c and wenmt back in again. Locked all the time. As you said......"annoying as hell"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Camm, I think it's the way it should be for coconut's servers at the moment, by mission design. He had to lock the loadouts, as there was a bug in the mission log in 3.001 (don't know if that bug's still there) preventing him to know the type of ordnance used by players (and so to calcultate how depleted each airbases were after the mission).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok Guys....thanks for that but it's very frustrating

Edited by No.85_Camm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't know who destroy who wasn't a bad idea to my mind. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't even notice yesterdays download. After I read Sneaksie's post, I started the game again, as I was playing it before, and the Hotfix was there.

Edited by Yogiflight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, [DBS]Tx_Tip said:

Thanks Sneaksie.

"- Aircraft modifications are lockable by a multiplayer server hoster;"

 

Weaponry and Payloads on Dedicated Server now work when correct plane settings are used and Lock Payloads and Lock Weapon Mods are Unchecked within Dserver Dialog GUI.

Sooo, what's the use of those "Lock Payloads" and "Lock Weapon Mods" settings on the dserver side if all is done in plane settings?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My game is still frozen in career as soon as I activate the map in the P39. I hoped for a fix for this bug :unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, NN_Razor said:

Don't know who destroy who wasn't a bad idea to my mind. 

 

What does this mean?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

that's mean that when u fight, receveve a chat message indicate who kill who is not the most pertinent. Nothing more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just flew on WOL; did not have to double select loadout and paint  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

Sooo, what's the use of those "Lock Payloads" and "Lock Weapon Mods" settings on the dserver side if all is done in plane settings?

 

By using the Plane Settings GUI set WeaponsMods and Payload ID:  Server now locks in those specific settings for the aircraft.

At least that's my understanding of how those function. Actually makes sense. By having them unchecked everything is available unless you, the server admin, restricts certain weaponry. Although Players are free to chose combinations of the weapondry.

By having them checked you are now dictating exactly what the plane setting will be. Without the Player having any choice.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, [DBS]Tx_Tip said:

 

By having them checked you are now dictating exactly what the plane setting will be. Without the Player having any choice.

 

But wouldn't it be the same as allowing only one specific payload in the mission?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No mention of the bug fix for the checkzone triggers

Edited by TP_Jacko

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TP_Jacko said:

Anyone know what the last  mini patch fixed. The log file did not suggest any clues to me.

 

From the Hotfix post:

 

3.002с hotfix has been released:
- Aircraft modifications are lockable by a multiplayer server hoster;
- Player names correctly appear in the kill messages in the multiplayer chat;
- Certain symbols in the mission or server description won't cause the GUI to display an empty screen;
- Camera settings save correctly;
- The map automatically centers in the server lobby;
- Radio command menu functions correctly after a mission start on the ground;
- AI Fw 190 correctly take off in large groups;
- Clouds are visible in the rearview mirror during Winter;
- Static objects damage has been fixed;
- A rare crash that could happen during the mission closing has been fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

But wouldn't it be the same as allowing only one specific payload in the mission?

 

You no longer have that option by just using the Available Mods or Payloads option within the Plane Settings

Lock Payloads needs to be checked within the Dserver GUI settings.

For Example:

He-111H-6

Set WeaponMods ID: No settings.

Set Payload ID: "Empty"

Set Available Mods : 1/2

Set Available Payloads to whatever you wish: 0..13

 

With the Lock Payloads option checked and the Lock Weapons Mods unchecked within the Dserver GUI Settings.

Player has the ability to use the 20mm Nose or UnderBelly Guns but are locked into having an Empty Payload. 

 

2 hours ago, TP_Jacko said:

No mention of the bug fix for the checkzone triggers

 

Quick Test...

For CoOP Missions run within the In Game CoOP server. CheckZones again work as normal.

For Dogfight Missions run within the In Game Dogfight server. CheckZones still do not work.

 

For Dedicated Dservers. CoOP or Dogfight Missions. CheckZones have always worked as normal.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I understand how it works now:

  • The DServer flags lock players to the payload ID and/or the weapon mods selected in the drop-downs in the middle of the dialog in the editor.
  • The "Available" filters are always active, regardless of the DServer flags. An empty filter means "all are available".

I did my tests using the in-game server, I hope DServer works the same way.

6 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

But wouldn't it be the same as allowing only one specific payload in the mission?

Yes, that's confusing me somewhat. I mean, I think I understand the new system, but I don't understand what new it offers that the old system could not offer.

2 hours ago, [DBS]Tx_Tip said:

You no longer have that option by just using the Available Mods or Payloads option within the Plane Settings

Yes you still have that option, I just tested it. Set an IL-2 mod1942 with availability filters 2 (mods) and 4 (payloads), set the drop-downs to that too, start server without anything locked, and you are locked to the one loadout that matches the filters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a pretty selfish request, but is there any possibility of increasing the default max ping a server can tolerate by 50msec? Currently as a west australian, there are no mainstream daytime servers that will accept me without likely kicking me within ten or so minutes (namely TAW, Berloga and WoL). The only solution I can probably get is to subscribe to a VPN service, and from what I know, and they likely won't work well becuase my connection always routes through hawaii via sydney to get out of the country, meaning that I'd have to pay for an expensive local VPN service if I want to achieve lower latencies.

There are free temporary-connection VPN services out there, but I've tried them, and knowing their locations, they aren't effective at all anyway and do little to improve my latency. By default, my connection in a nut shell, goes around the earth's circumference to reach the russian servers (perth-sydney-san fransisco-new york-EU-Moscow-Server location, such as Berloga, which is located in middle-eastern-ish russia). Of course joining an empty server with no players is always an option, but seeding a populous game in IL-2 isn't effective until you gain at least 10 players on the server, and seeding a game with IL-2 is also made harder by the fact that the game isn't friendly to seeders either in both hardware and software restrictions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The WOL server already has a limit of 450, which in my opinion, is way too high.  Above 200, certainly 250, you get situations where people can warp out of your gunsight and get on your six like a spaceship, (and probably already shot you down a half second ago, before you even saw his guns fire!)  Getting booted from a server because you have a high ping time sucks for sure, but I think that some consideration needs to be made to others.  

Edited by SeaSerpent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When playing a recorded sequence and visualizing using F2 a given plane there is the mouse arrow that stays in the picture and moves around as one moves the mouse to rotate around the plane and does not go away which is very annoying.

In all the visualization functions where the mouse is used just to move around in a given image, the mouse pointing arrow is useless and should never be displayed. 

Is this a bug or something else?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/26/2018 at 1:32 PM, Han said:

 

It's locked by server hoster by his idea of mission story. So this lock is optional for server master.

That's not the case here. some of us are having no availability o f load out options while other people in the server have the options. It started after the update. The previous night everything  on that server was available as it always is.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, IckyATLAS said:

When playing a recorded sequence and visualizing using F2 a given plane there is the mouse arrow that stays in the picture and moves around as one moves the mouse to rotate around the plane and does not go away which is very annoying.

In all the visualization functions where the mouse is used just to move around in a given image, the mouse pointing arrow is useless and should never be displayed. 

Is this a bug or something else?

 

most likely caused by NVIDIA shadowplay, or an overlay. on my end F2 viewing is fine. 

Edited by 71st_AH_Mastiff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, =BMAD=kirumovka said:

This is a pretty selfish request, but is there any possibility of increasing the default max ping a server can tolerate by 50msec? Currently as a west australian, there are no mainstream daytime servers that will accept me without likely kicking me within ten or so minutes (namely TAW, Berloga and WoL). The only solution I can probably get is to subscribe to a VPN service, and from what I know, and they likely won't work well becuase my connection always routes through hawaii via sydney to get out of the country, meaning that I'd have to pay for an expensive local VPN service if I want to achieve lower latencies.

There are free temporary-connection VPN services out there, but I've tried them, and knowing their locations, they aren't effective at all anyway and do little to improve my latency. By default, my connection in a nut shell, goes around the earth's circumference to reach the russian servers (perth-sydney-san fransisco-new york-EU-Moscow-Server location, such as Berloga, which is located in middle-eastern-ish russia). Of course joining an empty server with no players is always an option, but seeding a populous game in IL-2 isn't effective until you gain at least 10 players on the server, and seeding a game with IL-2 is also made harder by the fact that the game isn't friendly to seeders either in both hardware and software restrictions.

 

Do you use Wifi ot Ethernet cable?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, =BMAD=kirumovka said:

This is a pretty selfish request, but is there any possibility of increasing the default max ping a server can tolerate by 50msec? Currently as a west australian, there are no mainstream daytime servers that will accept me without likely kicking me within ten or so minutes (namely TAW, Berloga and WoL). The only solution I can probably get is to subscribe to a VPN service, and from what I know, and they likely won't work well becuase my connection always routes through hawaii via sydney to get out of the country, meaning that I'd have to pay for an expensive local VPN service if I want to achieve lower latencies.

There are free temporary-connection VPN services out there, but I've tried them, and knowing their locations, they aren't effective at all anyway and do little to improve my latency. By default, my connection in a nut shell, goes around the earth's circumference to reach the russian servers (perth-sydney-san fransisco-new york-EU-Moscow-Server location, such as Berloga, which is located in middle-eastern-ish russia). Of course joining an empty server with no players is always an option, but seeding a populous game in IL-2 isn't effective until you gain at least 10 players on the server, and seeding a game with IL-2 is also made harder by the fact that the game isn't friendly to seeders either in both hardware and software restrictions.

You have to ask to every admin of the server where you play. The ping limit is a setting which is set on 300 by default, but that setting can be afjust by  administrator from the server.

 

And a VPN will never give you a better ping. A VPN would increase your ping.

 

Do you use the launcher for playing the game ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Habu said:

And a VPN will never give you a better ping. A VPN would increase your ping.

 

Do you use the launcher for playing the game ?

It will if it re-routes through the middle east to access the european hub rather than well, going around the earth.

Also, are you sure it is set to 300 by default? Because if that's the case, and it isn't set-able (According to another user), that implies that I shouldn't even be able to play on any online server except unprofesisonals (AU), unless they are located in western or middle US such as dallas (whereever that is) and san fransisco

20 hours ago, 216th_Jordan said:

 

Do you use Wifi ot Ethernet cable?

Wifi or not, it actually makes very little difference to latency. I'm using a direct ethernet to fibre optic conversion modem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, 71st_AH_Mastiff said:

most likely caused by NVIDIA shadowplay, or an overlay. on my end F2 viewing is fine. 

I do not have Nvidia shadowplay installed. As for an overlay it is not clear to me where it would come from. When I use F2 or Alt F2 or other functions like F4 etc.. I have never the pointer arrow that is visible during the normal game session, and during the recording. It is only when I play the session recorded with the IL2 internal recorder that I have the pointer arrow that appears when using the mouse with the various visualization keys. Is there a way to turn off the pointer arrow?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, =BMAD=kirumovka said:

Also, are you sure it is set to 300 by default? Because if that's the case, and it isn't set-able (According to another user), that implies that I shouldn't even be able to play on any online server except unprofesisonals (AU), unless they are located in western or middle US such as dallas (whereever that is) and san fransisco

Yes, the default setting was 300 (i didn't check in the last version), but as i said, any administrator can increase or decrease the value. On my server, i set it on unlimited, because i have friends who have some connection problem.

 

Playing with wifi can be  a part of the problem. The wifi is not a stable connection. There are some variations. But you are not in wifi.

 

You didn't answer if you are using the launcher to play the game.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 71st_AH_Mastiff said:

vague....

 

 

Not sure if the same issue but for me the splashscreens have gone, just Black now where once there were images as things loaded.:(

 

A bug or intentional change by the developers?

 

 

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm experiencing an interesting thing now with the new hotfix.  Older single missions now show up in the missions category, but when I attempt to edit them I cannot find them in the ME.  Any suggestions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Falcon41 said:

I'm experiencing an interesting thing now with the new hotfix.  Older single missions now show up in the missions category, but when I attempt to edit them I cannot find them in the ME.  Any suggestions?

 

The editor's "open file" interface is looking for the .mission files, not he binary msnbn files.

However, it can sill read the binary files, you just have to type in the file name and extension.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/04/2018 at 11:22 PM, =BMAD=kirumovka said:

It will if it re-routes through the middle east to access the european hub rather than well, going around the earth.

The route traversed is not determined by a VPN. It is decided by backbone providers' border gateway and autonomous system routing rules. These take into account peering relationships between providers, cost, expected and measured latency, link state, link utilisation, congestion, cost and capacity between peering networks. There isn't even a single consistent path taken by packets traversing the Internet, due to the factors above and the underlying design of the Internet to be fault tolerant.

Unless your VPN provider has built a shadow internet or owns significantly (in terms of Internet scale) large AS's they have little control over the flow of traffic beyond their own directly controlled networks in a way that could shorten the communication path relative to that taken by unencapsulated IP traffic.

VPNs almost never reduce latency (it isn't impossible though) - and they always add overhead that increases it. They may also encapsulate traffic in ways that defeat a game's mechanisms to reduce latency - eg by tunnelling UDP inside SSTP. 

 

One way the path could be shortened physically is if your VPN tunnel connected from Perth to say Dubai or somewhere in India. But AS routing rules are designed in the main to minimise the transit time between origin and destination addresses. There is a reason the Perth to Indonesia and Middle East links are avoided - they are the oldest cables out of Australia with very low capacities and the other ends are in countries with shithouse network connectivity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Dave said:

The route traversed is not determined by a VPN. It is decided by backbone providers' border gateway and autonomous system routing rules. These take into account peering relationships between providers, cost, expected and measured latency, link state, link utilisation, congestion, cost and capacity between peering networks. There isn't even a single consistent path taken by packets traversing the Internet, due to the factors above and the underlying design of the Internet to be fault tolerant.

Unless your VPN provider has built a shadow internet or owns significantly (in terms of Internet scale) large AS's they have little control over the flow of traffic beyond their own directly controlled networks in a way that could shorten the communication path relative to that taken by unencapsulated IP traffic.

VPNs almost never reduce latency (it isn't impossible though) - and they always add overhead that increases it. They may also encapsulate traffic in ways that defeat a game's mechanisms to reduce latency - eg by tunnelling UDP inside SSTP. 

 

When UDP is tunneling inside SSTP does the VPN act like TNT for my ISP while the FTP links to my USB?

 

And that's why I'm not working in IT.

Edited by Firestorm07
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...