Myscion

BOM Cockpits and Operation Quick Guide

Nice job, this info is really handy. I hate to give any negative feedback since you have done a ton of great work, but I noticed that on the Bf 109 F-4 (and possibly on some other aircraft as well) the altimeter should say (x1000 m or km) instead of (x100 m). Thanks for all your effort!

• Upvote 1

Thanks for pointing that out! Looks like I made a but of a mental math error.... 

Anyways that problem affected almost all the German planes. I just uploaded version 2.72, thanks to your feedback, that fixes this issue. 

Edited by Myscion

Nice resource Myscion thanks for your work.

In I-16 take off procedure there is a small error: 

"2. Set flaps to 20 deg and close cockpit."

Thanks for your work!

• Upvote 1

"2. Set flaps to 20 deg and close cockpit."

Is probably the little doors that you close with "close canopy" command.....true

• Upvote 1

Yep it's referring to the small little door. It's correct but the wording might not be the best.

I'll change it to "2. Set flaps to 20 deg and close cockpit door." in the next release to remove any confusion. 

• Upvote 1

Thanks for all your work very helpful

Its a great asset in MP as i like to try all the aircraft and have a very bad memory

Lots of great info, thanks for all of your effort.  I noticed that in the Table of Contents the JU 88 is listed in the Russian section.

• Upvote 1

Reversing the oil and water controls for the MACCHI (page 23). Fix in image (red arrows): 25839104688_e05b44e6fb_o.jpg
Good flight . :)

• Upvote 1

Dam it those are some embarrassing errors! 

Well there fixed now. 

Ju 88 is now german again.

Look like I got a bit confused with the MC202, confusion removed.

Pe-2 87 guide has been corrected. I found an additional error and fixed it too.

Thanks to Schmehl, Elanion, and 19//Rekt for reporting those issues!

Version 2.73 is now ready for download and the fixes have been Incorporated into it.

• Upvote 1

Hi, two tips for additional info:

FW 190 A3/A5 - there is the rocker switch on the throttle lever for prop pitch control (if the switch manual/auto is set to manual) - it is the same as in Bf 109s.

FW 190 A5 - there is a small crank just below speedo instrument on the front panel - it controls air outlet cooler gills on the fuselage sides just aft of the engine cowling (the gills were not present in the previous version A3).

Regards

Tapi

• Upvote 1

One little mistake:

On all Bf 109 F-G there is combined temp gauge (lower right corner) - it measures both water coolant exit & oil intake temp (and not oil exit & oil intake temps)

(sadly game do not implement switch button between the two temps so one can read only water coolant temp) 

109temps.jpg

Edited by tapi
  • Upvote 1

This is a great guide, thanks for your work!  One thing is missing that I'm trying to figure out:  on page 39, what are the red, amber and green lights at the very top of the dash?  I see the amber one flashing sometimes and have no idea what it means.  :huh:

• Upvote 1

Tapi thanks for the correction! It's a shame there's no way to chose what temp to show.

BlueHeron to be honest I have no idea what they are for either. I'll play around and see if I can figure it out.

If any one else is reading the thread I'm referring to the lights outlined in read in the attached image. It's for the 1943 IL-2.

I'm almost done with the update for the new patch. I'm half way done with the A20B portion and that's all that's left to do.

Should be up in the next day or so.

2018-03-24 10_53_59-BOX Quick Guide V2.73.pdf - Adobe Reader.png

From Han:

Pilot to gunner light signals:

Green light, single flash - fire at will

White light, single flash - return fire only

Red light, single flash - hold fire

Green light, multiple flashes - engage the intermediate flaps stop

White light, multiple flashes - engage the fuel tanks pressurization system (after taking off)

Red light, multiple flashes - disengage the fuel tanks pressurization system (after landing)

Gunner to pilot light signals:

Green light, single flash - the target is far away

White light, single flash - no ammo left

Red light, single flash - we're being engaged

Green light, multiple flashes - the intermediate flaps stop engaged

White light, multiple flashes - the fuel tanks pressurization system engaged

Red light, multiple flashes - the fuel tanks pressurization system disengaged.

Edited by SCG_Tzigy
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the help Tzigy! I've now added the relevant information to the guide. I skipped  the part referencing the pressurization system since there's no way to control that in game but that's the only part I changed.

Version 2.8 is now out! I've added all 5 new planes from the recent patch!

Yak-7B
P-39L-1
La-5FN
Bf 109 G-6
A-20B

I also added a list of the default key bindings. I'm hopping this might help players just getting started. 

On another note holy crap this sim is up to 34 planes!

• Like 2

@Myscion Wow, what a great and very useful guide, well done! Disappointing that the devs didn't do this themselves, the lack of documentation is for a sim like this is ridiculous.

If you plan on doing another update it would be awesome if you added an external screenshot of each plane, sort of as an intro to each cockpit and startup procedure.

Thanks again! :) 

@Myscion This guide is absolutely amazing. The images also work brilliantly with @lefuneste VR mod for the Kneeboard.

Are there any plans to get it up to date?

Many thanks,

-Mewt

• Upvote 1

@Myscion : do you allow me to include the "cockpit at a glance" sheets in my mod ?

So they may be seen in game from cockpit view, either in 2D:

2D.thumb.jpg.9bc87e77f0bc1247e56ca52a5765fc48.jpg

or in VR

VR.thumb.jpg.11dabb5a4796a72d31d32710018938cf.jpg

I'll have to change a bit the size of the kneepad (currently square, this introduce distortion with the page size of your guide), if you agree of course.

Edited by lefuneste
  • Upvote 1

On my own crib sheets I have the key presses necessary for the various cooling shutters. Having found out from the Requiem vids that a given shutter exists, I then experiment on the runway until I find out which key controls that shutter. I only list the gauges I use, as some stuff isn't essential (in the game at least).

What's confusing me now is why all the data for the American A/C is given in kph when the cockpit gauge is mph. Is this a mistake or are you expected to do mental arithmetic?

Edited by beresford

@MewtMy semester at university  just ended so plans will be in motion soon!

@lefuneste  Absolutely it would be an honor! It looks like a sweet mod. Your welcome to the original word file too if that would help. Right now it's a 250 MB word doc. Just shoot me a PM if you'd like a copy. 

@beresford For aircraft that use MPH I give it in both KPH and MPH. If your using my guide no such mental math should be needed. If I forgot for put MPH on an aircraft just say witch one and I'll be fixed next version.

• Like 2

@Myscion Have you had a chance to start the P-47D-28 pages? I'd be interested in helping draft them. Been doing a goodly bit of research on my own on how the aircraft is flown. 

Posted (edited)

Myscion, This is a fantastic resource for new pilots just starting out, like myself. Your information is valuable and is a must for new pilots trying to work out every cockpit. 

Fantastic work mate!! Keep it going!! Your efforts are greatly appreciated. 

Are there any plans to update with the "Bodenplatte" plane set just released ie: Spitfire MkIV & P-47D??  

Roodster

Edited by Roodster

@MyscionGosh I do hope you update with the Bodenplatte aircraft.

Its excellent work on your part. Thank you.

• Like 1

Hi, this looks like it is an incredibly useful resource so a great Thank You!  FYI -  The download does not appear to work at this moment unfortunately so will try again tomorrow.   Dave

unable to download keeps going from one add to another .