Jason_Williams

Ju-52 and Yak-1b Collector Planes Now Available for Pre-Order!

Basically once the Ju-52 is out I got everything I really wanted. Wanted a high quality Ju-52 sim for a really long time now and it will fit perfectly in the IL-2 environment. Will support the next realeases as well of course. New theaters can only get better and better :)

Now back to discussion about the actual planes

ttavd0E.png

• Upvote 4

Drinking my Hop House 13 and taking all of this in... it's all interesting stuff...

I'm sure if Jason delivers on all his proposals and vision that we have heard so far, then a lot more people will join in, especially on the SP element, which has been one of the main areas that people took issue with.

I'm certainly feeling optimistic that things are really looking up. 

• Upvote 1

Preordered to support the war effort !  Good job.

That's right we are in a war. We have to battle previous decisions, language barriers, cultural differences, investors' doubts, community expectations, community perceptions, father time, other products, lack of media attention, naysayers, pirates, fraudsters, bad economies, real military conflict, international sanctions and just about every hurdle you can think of to make this unique enterprise a success.

We have a strong team with a track record of accomplishment and a very good engine that can do a lot and more over time. We simply need YOUR support in the form of orders and your support in the form of positive outlook and word of mouth marketing.

I know I sound desperate and like a broken record, but what I say is the truth.

I'm very glad users are starting to feel excited again, but it won't be easy. Just try your best to hang in there.

Jason

• Upvote 22

All those words... Thank you so much Jason to inspire us, to explain what is really going on out there.

I am so glad you take decision, I am so glad you have  dedication, passion, willingness and you are in the dev team.

The old IL2 gave so much fun to so many people during more than a decade thanks to people like you... I wish this great sim one do the same.

Thank you so much for everything you and the team do!

Edited by Nil

RoF is an excellent product and there's no reason BoS/BoM/BoX wouldn't be too, considering the team involved.
I'm glad Jason is back at the steering wheel.

Thank you everyone for their purchases of the Collector Planes and your encouragement. We appreciate it.

Jason

• Upvote 11

both pre-ordered to help support development of the planes/sim

It is done!  ;)

I also asked my steamfriends to do so.

Edited by Nil

We have the opportunity to have the best WW2 sim of our time..for all of us warbids lovers....we have to believe in these guys...

Go Jason..go !!

I love my Mig 3 it's one of the sexiest plane ever, but a Yak 1b with a Normandie Niemen skin will be so freaking irresistible !

Talking about skins, how about making skin pack for planes (like ED does with ships) ? would that be a good way of making extra money for the game ?

Looking forward to pre ordering the next theater too :)

That's right we are in a war. We have to battle previous decisions, language barriers, cultural differences, investors' doubts, community expectations, community perceptions, father time, other products, lack of media attention, naysayers, pirates, fraudsters, bad economies, real military conflict, international sanctions and just about every hurdle you can think of to make this unique enterprise a success.

We have a strong team with a track record of accomplishment and a very good engine that can do a lot and more over time. We simply need YOUR support in the form of orders and your support in the form of positive outlook and word of mouth marketing.

I know I sound desperate and like a broken record, but what I say is the truth.

I'm very glad users are starting to feel excited again, but it won't be easy. Just try your best to hang in there.

Jason

Maybe set up a page with a list of all planned dlc planes/maps/tanks and a timeline of what order things will be available and let people pre-order everything they want from the store. Just trying to figure a way around the chicken and egg dilemma.

I noticed that most negative reviews on Steam are due to the unlocks, which doesn't apply anymore  :pilot:

I wish there was a way to address that.

• Upvote 1

Sure wish you wold do something like Star Citizens did..

with that I get allot of War-Thunder players check out my name and been coming over to IL-2 and really like IL-2 much more than WT. lol

They like the challenge, the planes, and the people.. and the realism!

In my opinion since I purchased this game it has just got better with each update. Good WWII flying sims are rare and this one is very good. I hope it continues. I have purchased both collector planes. Good luck to the team for the future.

Thank you everyone for their purchases of the Collector Planes and your encouragement. We appreciate it.

Jason

I think most of us who were in this from the start are happy to support the team going forward, it has developed into a excellent product even if we all have some issues with certain aspects of the game they are not show stoppers and certainly do not put anyone off actually playing what is probably the best of this genre around at the moment and I would think for the foreseable future. ;)

Most of us are I think now waiting patiently to know just how the series is to progress from here, that will I think determine how much support the team will actually get from the community, I would not say money is no object but this is our main hobby so it is a given that pre orders are now the accepted norm as far as this type of game are concerned so most of us are looking forward to the next theatre be it one we want or not I am sure it will be supported by the majority of this long standing community just for the sake of continuity.

Keep up the great work.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.  :biggrin:

• Upvote 3

Are you an aerospace engineer by chance? Ever flown a WWII warbird in combat?

Jason

I thought that was hilarious... I personally work in the aerospace industry (I'm just a tech, not an engineer) and live near Stallion 51, but I'll say that this series (as well as RoF) gives me probably the best feeling of actual flight I've ever seen in a sim. DCS feels too sterile for me, so basically 99% of my flight time is in IL-2.

The only plane I personally dislike so far is the P-40, but that's cause I suck at flying it correctly.

Edited by stuffinDmuffin

Maybe set up a page with a list of all planned dlc planes/maps/tanks and a timeline of what order things will be available and let people pre-order everything they want from the store. Just trying to figure a way around the chicken and egg dilemma.

Jason has a different quote where he alludes to posting at least a portion of the future timeline. He is waiting on outside elements before he can post but probably soon.

I noticed that most negative reviews on Steam are due to the unlocks, which doesn't apply anymore  :pilot:

I wish there was a way to address that.

Blast out an email to everybody who registered an account highlighting some of the major changes.

Developers asking for support from day 1 of this game. and Keep asking again and again.

When the game was released it was like ROF in WW2. Just what all ROF veterans wanted.

But as time passed by it seems like the game is going nowhere. When Hardcore players ask questions - developers often ignore, then answer in a jerky way and say that this game is for a casual players only.

When casual player ask question - developers ignore, answer in a jerky way and say that this simulator is for chosen only.

Unlike ROF BOS doesnt even have a proper tutorial. 

I dont know what is going on behind the stage, but i suspect that Jason must bring some sense into 1c or other people heads and return to ROF model and traditions, without drastic unreasonable changes in game play and just let players play the game that like the way they like!

The die hard fans are getting milked with those 20+ dollars airplanes really good, but we expect great results from you, dear developers!

• Upvote 1

Jason , Would you mind to consider to make the ju52 gunner optional :) (like the IL2!), so there would be an unarmed version?

With the civilian skins already available, I think some artists will make great movies!

That would be beautiful!

Absolutely makes sense to have a Ju-52 with no gunner position since the great majority of the 52's flew without gunners.

• Upvote 3

Both planes pre-ordered.  Haven't flown BoS/BoM in months and probably won't fly it again until they get the "bubble of blur" problem resolved or somebody figures out a workaround so I can actually stand to fly around looking for ground targets to blow up, but I'm really jazzed about the direction things seem to be going with these latest updates and Jason's comments and I'm looking forward to really being able to enjoy BoS/BoM/Bo? as it gets better down the road.

Been enjoying RoF and the fruits of that team's labors for nigh on 7 years now, and with all the potential that BoS/BoM already has in it and the promise of these further improvements I hope and expect to be enjoying BoS/BoM/Bo? for the next 7 years, if this team can keep going the way they're heading now.  

Onward and upward!

Absolutely makes sense to have a Ju-52 with no gunner position since the great majority of the 52's flew without gunners.

That'd be good.  A no-gunner option would presumably allow the aircraft to choose a heavier load and earn the player more points too.

• Upvote 2

I may not get the chance to drive planes as much as I would like to, (family time first), but when I do, it's something I really look forward to, thanks to what we have here.

Have a great weekend everyone :salute:

Jason:

1) Just purchased. Will do so for my steam account as well when you have the bundle ready.

2) Thanks for the communications: the clearest and most straight talking yet about the unique difficulties you face.

3) I see CFSs as a hobby, rather than a product, so I have always been in for the long haul as long as it stimulates my interest. At times, with the original BoS design concepts, not so much.... but you have my attention now!

4) Cough! .. pilot level...cough!  ;)

Best of luck with the new big push.

Lots of positive stuff around here these days. That's great!

As Jason stated, it will not be easy to do what they are planning. It will take time and money.

But I am sure that there is a bright future for BoS ahead. Bit by bit it will improve.

Too much negativity in the world anyways.

Unlike ROF BOS doesnt even have a proper tutorial. 

IMHO, there is no need for a tutorial like ROF one. In BOS/BOM, we have the technochat, 100 times more effective than the ROF tutorial.

Both planes preordered.

Edited by Cananas

There is an official manual and a in game plane spec page that tells you how to fly the plane you have selected. Also there are loads of community tutorials and spec sheets, cockpit reference.....

Really no need to gripe about tutorials.

@Jason

You and your team do a great job. Thanks for that product and the ability to fly all these planes. Game looks awesome when flying, performance is not the best, but OK, the engine is good and there are not such a lot bugs. I am so glad, you keep this games alive.

It is great to see, that you offer new planes. For sure, i will preorder both in order to have fun flying them and to support you with my money.

I know, we are not so "many" out there loving flight sims. But perhaps we could grow. Your game is great, but i think it would be better to bring in a authentic campaign first before adding more planes. I know, you heard that 1000 times before, but i want to say it again and hope you will do it. You could sell even more copies if BOS or BOM would have a great campaign. More people from IL2 1946, CLOD or DCS would come over here.

My idea is, to bring only one new plane (half a year perhaps) with the matching campaign for the plane/Scenario. Later on, the second plane with another campaign. I think doing a compelling campaign would much gain more new players to your game. We all waiting for such a campaign. This game needs such things. You do not need to improve FM or other things first. Games plays very well till today. But everytime i start it, i got the feeling - here is missing an important part.

Please do it, keep our WW2 sims alive.  :cool:

Edited by Tom25briklebritt

I'm fairly new to this game and community and usually spend my time (and LOTS of money thats well spent) in DCS but I think the Ju-52 is one of the coolest things plus it opens up the multiplayer possibilities and seeing troops bail out is going to be great and something you don't really see ever in a flight sim.

Anyway, I plan on blowing my money on this flight sim aswell, and at these prices I find it to be a great deal. I mean, its only a matter of time as I have nabbed all the DCS modules damn near at this point and basically maxxed out a War Thunder account (which I don't even play anymore, just the occasional romp, see what sort of things they are up too).

I want you to succeed as much as the other guys.

• Upvote 8