Jason_Williams

Ju-52 and Yak-1b Collector Planes Now Available for Pre-Order!

I'll never fly either of these, but having Jason at the helm has truly changed my attitude about this game.

Buying both as an act of faith in Jason!

I'll never fly either of these, but having Jason at the helm has truly changed my attitude about this game.

Buying both as an act of faith in Jason!

I'm not a miracle worker. I may disappoint. I hope I get all the funds I need to build what we want. Not everything I want will probably get built in the next year, but I have a long term plan that I think will work if the community gets behind it. We have to make up for lost time and then move to support the future. Not easy. I'm starting off in the hole. I need a boost. That's where you guys come in. If you like the vision I have buy in and tell your friends. The team is ready to work hard and make the most out of the budget we get approved, but this is a marathon not a sprint unfortunately. It's a similar situation to what we had with ROF 5 years ago. Lots of hard work ahead.

Jason

• Upvote 9

Thanks Jason. I'm currently reading this while walking down to the bank to deposit some cash on the Ju-52 and Yak preorders.

I hope you can explain what your vision is soon. It's much easier to support that way.

Good luck!

Thanks Jason. I'm currently reading this while walking down to the bank to deposit some cash on the Ju-52 and Yak preorders.

I hope you can explain what your vision is soon. It's much easier to support that way.

Good luck!

I can't explain anything in detail because I don't know what I can and can't make in the next 18 months. My plan goes out as far as 5 years. We're already 3 into the adventure and we have 5 to go. We have ground to make up. And someday i'd like to go back to WWI. There is just no easy answer without massive cashola.

Jason

• Upvote 2

It's a funny match up for a collector pair, a Ju-52 and the Yak-1b. I'd feel like I was only getting value from the Yak. Don't get me wrong, the '52 is an iconic aircraft and deserves a flyable model in game but it makes biting the bullet on a pre-order difficult for me and I'm guessing plenty of other guys who wouldn't be seen dead flying a corrugated outhouse that has too many engines and is slower than a good road bike. 

Anyway, from a more objective and restrained customers perspective I'm still on the fence about BoM let alone pre-ordering another theater but I'm closer to the "give it a shot" side than I have been previously...

I want the P-40 but I'm cynical about the context of the source data behind the P-40 performance figures. The source itself is valid but cites parameters that plainly state that they are for use in operational training and not field use. I don't care for the spaghetti plane at all (Call me when you make a Fiat G.55) but, despite that, I still want BoM for the map, campaign and the planeset (especially the MiG 3). I'm not going to buy it piecemeal though, it's all or nothing and from what I've seen so far it's looking like a good pick-up come sale time if I can buy everything at once.

Pleasantly I do trust you guys to follow through on making content, you're reliable in that regard beyond a doubt and exceptional in the video gaming industry for the level of integrity and candidness that you demonstrate, despite what some fairly ignorant and obviously biased commentators say. The only other thing that I'm cynical about is the direction that some of this content takes, especially the SP content and fluffy nonsense like wing smoke that is just a gimmicky waste of time and doesn't belong in a game where it has no historical context and will only ever be abused as a cheesy evasive exploit. (Yes, I understand it's pretty colors and that it's for fun but please think about how people will inevitably use it in the game)

Overall I like what you're doing and some of the oddball reasoning behind elements of the initial BoS release are being rolled back in a promising way, hopefully you guys will continue to be candid in your announcements and maintain your level of reliability and quality.

• Upvote 2

I'm not a miracle worker. I may disappoint. I hope I get all the funds I need to build what we want. Not everything I want will probably get built in the next year, but I have a long term plan that I think will work if the community gets behind it. We have to make up for lost time and then move to support the future. Not easy. I'm starting off in the hole. I need a boost. That's where you guys come in. If you like the vision I have buy in and tell your friends. The team is ready to work hard and make the most out of the budget we get approved, but this is a marathon not a sprint unfortunately. It's a similar situation to what we had with ROF 5 years ago. Lots of hard work ahead.

Jason

I'm behind it all the way. I think a lot more support will come pouring in when you are able to lay out your five-year plan.

It's a funny match up for a collector pair, a Ju-52 and the Yak-1b. I'd feel like I was only getting value from the Yak. Don't get me wrong, the '52 is an iconic aircraft and deserves a flyable model in game but it makes biting the bullet on a pre-order difficult for me and I'm guessing plenty of other guys who wouldn't be seen dead flying a corrugated outhouse that has too many engines and is slower than a good road bike. 

Anyway, from a more objective and restrained customers perspective I'm still on the fence about BoM let alone pre-ordering another theater but I'm closer to the "give it a shot" side than I have been previously...

I want the P-40 but I'm cynical about the context of the source data behind the P-40 performance figures. The source itself is valid but cites parameters that plainly state that they are for use in operational training and not field use. I don't care for the spaghetti plane at all (Call me when you make a Fiat G.55) but, despite that, I still want BoM for the map, campaign and the planeset (especially the MiG 3). I'm not going to buy it piecemeal though, it's all or nothing and from what I've seen so far it's looking like a good pick-up come sale time if I can buy everything at once.

Pleasantly I do trust you guys to follow through on making content, you're reliable in that regard beyond a doubt and exceptional in the video gaming industry for the level of integrity and candidness that you demonstrate, despite what some fairly ignorant and obviously biased commentators say. The only other thing that I'm cynical about is the direction that some of this content takes, especially the SP content and fluffy nonsense like wing smoke that is just a gimmicky waste of time and doesn't belong in a game where it has no historical context and will only ever be abused as a cheesy evasive exploit. (Yes, I understand it's pretty colors and that it's for fun but please think about how people will inevitably use it in the game)

Overall I like what you're doing and some of the oddball reasoning behind elements of the initial BoS release are being rolled back in a promising way, hopefully you guys will continue to be candid in your announcements and maintain your level of reliability and quality.

We're in competition with other sims and other games. Other sims have smoke effects and do sweet airshows and sky writing etc.. We had some time before the team got new marching orders so we made the best smoke in the biz. In our opinion anyways. You don't look at what we do with our eyes. We hear from A LOT of users. When possible we try to attend to some smaller details if it's doable and doesn't throw off other team efforts. Smoke was doable and instead of just white smoke, we made colors so more users could have their color that represents their country. So no more smoke complaints from users. Just users who don't want smoke now I guess. Stop criticizing and appreciate when we can fill a need of even one person. My motto is to build not remove. If enough people buy we can built more stuff maybe you want.

I'm not hearing any complaints of smoke being abused in MP. I think it can be locked out anyways since it is a load-out. I honestly don't remember. Too much going on.

Jason

• Upvote 5

Jason

Well no, not a miracle worker, and yes I disagree with some of the things you've done but that's rare.

You have the vision and track record though so I'm thinking its a good bet.

With RoF the planes were like Pokemon for me...gotta get them all! I have the feeling it will be the same with BoS/BoM.

• Upvote 5

We're in competition with other sims and other games. Other sims have smoke effects and do sweet airshows and sky writing etc.. We had some time before the team got new marching orders so we made the best smoke in the biz. In our opinion anyways. You don't look at what we do with our eyes. We hear from A LOT of users. When possible we try to attend to some smaller details if it's doable and doesn't throw off other team efforts. Smoke was doable and instead of just white smoke, we made colors so more users could have their color that represents their country. So no more smoke complaints from users. Just users who don't want smoke now I guess. Stop criticizing and appreciate when we can fill a need of even one person. My motto is to build not remove. If enough people buy we can built more stuff maybe you want.

I'm not hearing any complaints of smoke being abused in MP. I think it can be locked out anyways since it is a load-out. I honestly don't remember. Too much going on.

Jason

Jason,

"You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time"  -― John Lydgate

I have both pre-ordered!!  I'm looking forward to trying to handle a corrugated duralumin out house with or without smoke!!

Regards

Phil (Haza)

Edited by Haza

You don't look at what we do with our eyes. 

Lol, that sentence makes you sound like you've been reading too many raaaid threads. (or am I thinking of that Jaden Smith kid??)

I forgot about Virtual Aerobatics are a thing so you have a point. So long as it's lockable in PvP I'm fine with it. There's enough cheese in PvP gaming as it is without handing them a slab of gorgonzola on top of their imperfect human nature. (this is in all PvP games, not just Il-2)

Thanks for answering, I'm always glad of the opportunity to give direct feedback that isn't hugbox spam and get a straight answer. overall I'm a supporter of the series. Criticism is to be expected and it is my way of offering what I can in support, I'm not made of money and flight sims aren't paintings, you can't just hang them on the wall and appreciate them passively.

Edited by VA_JimmyBlonde

The only other thing that I'm cynical about is the direction that some of this content takes, especially the SP content and fluffy nonsense like wing smoke that is just a gimmicky waste of time and doesn't belong in a game where it has no historical context and will only ever be abused as a cheesy evasive exploit. (Yes, I understand it's pretty colors and that it's for fun but please think about how people will inevitably use it in the game)

Or one load the plane with smoke canisters or with ammo/bombs, but not both. So make "airshow" during online battles a la IL-2:46 is not good idea. :)

To not say about this : https://youtu.be/1wiQ15vJr94?t=61  ;)

Edited by Sokol1

I'm trying to buy but there doesn't seem to be a pay now button on the site when using a mobile device.

Pre-ordered both.

Keep up the good work! I dream of a day when the sim has been developed to the point that we can add ground objects and fakefields to _all_ Moscow map airfields and the game can still handle it ;)

Phew!  Got em both too.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, thank you for flying Kessel Airways.  We shall be arriving at Gumrak at approximately 10:45 where the weather is 30 below zero and cloudy, and with a chance of Katyushas..."

• Upvote 2

Jason, regarding Your long time plan/vision:

We used to have a roadmap once in a year for rise of flight which gave us a rough idea what to expect.

Would be nice if this great idea could be re established here too.

Anyway. I have much faith in Your vision. If You can't make it with Your dedication and passion for simming, I guess the WWII combat flight simulator genre is a dying breed soon enough. Don't let this happen. Support this man and our hobby. :)

And the hint that WWI won't be left out in the cold is the best message I could imagine!:)

• Upvote 1

Pre-ordered both of them.

Thank you for that great opportunity!

No should be $34.98.

Jason

I was talking about full price. Some more info about future plans would help may be, even if not offcially approved. These preorder could improved the budget a bit.

With RoF the planes were like Pokemon for me...gotta get them all! I have the feeling it will be the same with BoS/BoM.

I still remember when Se5a was released, what a nice day :salute: !

Edited by 150GCT_Veltro
  • Upvote 1

What about I-153 and IAR80/81 collectors edition package for upcoming Odessa map?

• Upvote 2

I-153 would be awesome.

Not familiar with the IAR80 though.

But I would buy it without a doubt to support the sim

I'm dreaming of a Fieseler Storch with artillery missions like those we have in RoF or medevak and transition flights. That would be something!:)

• Upvote 2

Preordered Both ! James!

see it as Investment in the Games Future!

additional Western Scenario and Planes

spit,hurri,p51,p47,me262 whereever my dreams......

Edited by II/JG11ATLAN

..dont forget for Do-17, Ju-188, He-177, B-17, B-24, Lancaster, Boston etc  :biggrin: I think that Hayate, Shiden-Kai, Raiden, Zero-sen, Hayabusha and other birds will be great too  :ph34r:

I'm dreaming of a Fieseler Storch with artillery missions like those we have in RoF or medevak and transition flights. That would be something! :)

+1

This is probably something will have one day. Recon missions with a MUST BE protected scout, would be really interesting online.

We don't need many aircarfts in this role (Ju-52, Dakota and a few recons like FW-189 or Storch as you say).

Edited by 150GCT_Veltro

Preordered Both ! James!

see it as Investment in the Games Future!

additional Western Scenario and Planes

spit,hurri,p51,p47,me262 whereever my dreams......

The games future doesn't really need my money as much as I do, it's on a stable track since:

a) It just works (If you want to fly to that mountain over there, YOU CAN!) 1C delivers what they promise.

b) It's pretty damn good overall. Whoever says they aren't impressed by the flight dynamics of RoF BoS and BoM is either ignorant of how aircraft fly or a liar.

c) The only competitors are a casual pay to win platform (Sh!t Thunder) and DCS that offers a vastly different experience. (Mainly some good core modules from ED supported by indie developers pumping out half-baked aircraft with no contextual supporting content) The only way ED is going to mount a significant competitive challenge is by releasing some proper content for their modules. (more maps, planes, dynamic campaigns, etc) and I can't see any of that happening in the next 5 years. Just more gimmicks and blatant cash grabs like the laughable "Museum Relics" thing.

I'm sure 1C is able to meet this negligible challenge with ease.

(That said I'd love to just carpet bomb my wallet and buy everything because I will enjoy it but I can't make irresponsible impulse purchases right now.)

• Upvote 1

I can't explain anything in detail because I don't know what I can and can't make in the next 18 months. My plan goes out as far as 5 years. We're already 3 into the adventure and we have 5 to go. We have ground to make up. And someday i'd like to go back to WWI. There is just no easy answer without massive cashola.

Jason

Me too !

Or at least that ROF benefits of IL2 progress as the 64-bit future and Direct X 11
  • Upvote 1

Jason I like your plans and dreams for this sim very much. You have my full support for at least the next five years :salute:

Just preordered a giftyak

I pre-ordered both, anything to help out the sim to keep it going so that we can all get the theaters we want (I just really want a good ME-262 one day). I can only spare a few hours a month on this sim now and I'm not even a fan of the Junkers, I just thought it would be cool to fly something that isn't a bomber or fighter for a change. 

Looking forward to the new direction. Good luck Jason

Edited by Tyberan

Is there an ETA on the Oculus Rift support yet?

I'd love to fly the Ju52 in VR but I'm hesitating since I don't want to buy now and then wait for 6 months to be able fly those planes.

Cause since I have an OR I don't fly 2d anymore whatsoever....

Any infos on this yet?