Finnish VirtualPilots - Dynamic War

Very bad experience today online unplayable due too Lag . Slide show . 

262s flying around tanks and bombs going off . Hits on my airframe not even knowing due too lag . 

Its great we have tanks but can this game handle that . ??? 

Seems there has been no overhaul of the net code . 

14 minutes ago, KoN_ said:

Very bad experience today online unplayable due too Lag . Slide show . 

262s flying around tanks and bombs going off . Hits on my airframe not even knowing due too lag . 

Its great we have tanks but can this game handle that . ??? 

Seems there has been no overhaul of the net code . 

Download
82.59 Mbps
Upload
13.43 Mbps

CCG_Pips

Stop with these relentless attacks on tank players. We have nothing to do with if you have bad connections or if you are all attacking on the same area at the same time ....Today I was palying when you make your critic on the chat. You were the only one to have this kind of troubles.

4 hours ago, CCG_Pips said:

Stop with these relentless attacks on tank players. We have nothing to do with if you have bad connections or if you are all attacking on the same area at the same time ....Today I was palying when you make your critic on the chat. You were the only one to have this kind of troubles.

Stop crying .

No attacks have been made on you  none . 

I complained about lagg . Get your facts right . 

I even disconnected .

Ran a test see above .  

Grow up . 

If you can't handle critical remarks go else where . 

Welcome to the real world . 

And I'm not the first person too remark on lagg . 

Edited by KoN_
  • Like 1
CCG_Pips

Sorry YOU are crying...........bouuuhhhh   ...bboouuuhhh .....lagg , I cannot play .....boooouuhhh ..

I play both tanks and planes and yes, I can have some freeze or lagg, this happen on all servers and depends of amount of objects and players.....so I repeat STOP to point ONLY tank players ........and you are not here to tell me where to go or what to say.....ok ?

• Haha 1
SShrike

Fantastic cooperation on comms for the red flight today. We had almost 10 aircraft in a flight against a target. Mostly Lightnings and fighter support. This coordination is what makes online play so great and enables us to destroy an entire target in a single sortie. Great fun and thank you all in the flight. Let’s keep this up

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2
Charlo-VR

Yesterday at around 6pm PST/2am today GMT a buddy of mine and I couldn’t get more than half of our 2K lbs bomb to detonate on the station and industrial in 0832. Most of the station was already destroyed and we were trying to finish it off with our P-38s, only to see several of our bombs drop onto the earth or a roof and never explode. This happened using both the default bomb setting and 2 seconds delay, and happened to perhaps five of the eight bombs we dropped. I was able to strafe two tents to destruction, though 

LLv34_Untamo
42 minutes ago, Charlo-VR said:

only to see several of our bombs drop onto the earth or a roof and never explode

How low did you dropped them? Bomb fuses need a certain flight time before they activate, so if you drop them too low, they're duds.

• Upvote 1
Charlo-VR
3 hours ago, LLv34_Untamo said:

How low did you dropped them? Bomb fuses need a certain flight time before they activate, so if you drop them too low, they're duds.

We tried dropping from slightly higher altitudes the second raid, so perhaps 200' - 300' / 50 - 100 m. the second time, but we still couldn't get all four of our 2K lbs. bombs to detonate. We've had near-perfect or perfect detonation success on CombatBox from those same altitudes, go figure.

I suspect we'll have to try releasing from even higher, which means more practice from higher. 

Leady_Brickov

Hi There

I was driving a PzIV for the first time last night an was attacking Soviet bases. I think the durability for the GMC trucks is set at the default of 25000 as I fired multiple 75mm APHE shells at a number of them and they refused to blow up. The GazAA trucks, BM-13 and T34s all blew up fine.

Cheers

• Upvote 2
LLv34_Temuri
3 hours ago, Leady_Brickov said:

Hi There

I was driving a PzIV for the first time last night an was attacking Soviet bases. I think the durability for the GMC trucks is set at the default of 25000 as I fired multiple 75mm APHE shells at a number of them and they refused to blow up. The GazAA trucks, BM-13 and T34s all blew up fine.

Cheers

Durabilities are set to 1500. Maybe we need to replace those GMCs with something else.

• Upvote 1
ACG_Talisman
14 hours ago, Leady_Brickov said:

Hi There

Cheers

Temuri,

Do we get a message to inform pilots when enemy ground forces are in the area of our friendly depots to be defended and/or our friendly depots are actually under attack by enemy ground forces? 

l ask because I have not yet seen a message to say that depots, etc, are under attack by enemy ground forces, like we do when enemy aircraft are near or attacking depots, etc.

Thanks.

Happy landings,

Talisman

LLv34_Temuri
11 hours ago, ACG_Talisman said:

Do we get a message to inform pilots when enemy ground forces are in the area of our friendly depots to be defended and/or our friendly depots are actually under attack by enemy ground forces? 

No.

LLv34_Temuri
On 2/2/2021 at 9:49 AM, LLv34_Temuri said:

Maybe we need to replace those GMCs with something else.

These were replaced by Zis fuel trucks. Effective next mission rotation. Tell if it helped.

• Upvote 1
ACG_Talisman
6 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

No.

Thanks for your reply.

As an associated issue, given that IL-2 does not provide full combined arms capability, I am finding it increasingly difficult to understand what the challenge might be for drivers of ground attack vehicles on this server.  Without any opposition from a ground army I find it strange that there is any challenge to be had from driving a ground attack vehicle through a ghost land freely taking pot shots at this and that.  Not exactly a level playing field for both pilots and drivers it would appear.

Happy landings,

Talisman

CCG_Pips
23 minutes ago, ACG_Talisman said:

Thanks for your reply.

As an associated issue, given that IL-2 does not provide full combined arms capability, I am finding it increasingly difficult to understand what the challenge might be for drivers of ground attack vehicles on this server.  Without any opposition from a ground army I find it strange that there is any challenge to be had from driving a ground attack vehicle through a ghost land freely taking pot shots at this and that.  Not exactly a level playing field for both pilots and drivers it would appear.

Happy landings,

Talisman

if you had, even once bothered to try a tank fighting , you will have already got the answer.

A lot of people can give you the answer too.

As for the level playing for both pilots and tankers, , I won't even answer, just laugh, since I am myself both pilot and  tanker on this server. As pilot and with a little bit of intelligence, I can see where the tankers are attacking and I take great pleasure dropping a bomb on their heads !!! LOL

As tanker  it's a real challenge to avoid attackers on the roads or in the fields, to manage to attack depots or ambush another tank (if it's not my tank that is killed !!! LOL).

Did you, even one time asked on the chat (in the game) if somebody was happy with this type of campaign?...........No for sure.

You don't seem to understand the spirit of this server at all and you should stop hurting yourself and go play somewhere else if the Finnish server do not suit to you!!

Edited by CCG_Pips
  • Upvote 1
CountZero

Its only popular server that gives option to have tank and airplane players, there is many more other servers for airplane players only, so no reason for this one to force change if there is still tank players enjoying it. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
CDRSEABEE
21 hours ago, ACG_Talisman said:

If the server is full, you can assume there is fighting going on between tankers. Just check out where the CPs are and you will find us!!!  And when we get AA trucks will definitely know we are there!

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, CCG_Pips said:

if you had, even once bothered to try a tank fighting , you will have already got the answer.

A lot of people can give you the answer too.

As for the level playing for both pilots and tankers, , I won't even answer, just laugh, since I am myself both pilot and  tanker on this server. As pilot and with a little bit of intelligence, I can see where the tankers are attacking and I take great pleasure dropping a bomb on their heads !!! LOL

As tanker  it's a real challenge to avoid attackers on the roads or in the fields, to manage to attack depots or ambush another tank (if it's not my tank that is killed !!! LOL).

Did you, even one time asked on the chat (in the game) if somebody was happy with this type of campaign?...........No for sure.

You don't seem to understand the spirit of this server at all and you should stop hurting yourself and go play somewhere else if the Finnish server do not suit to you!!

Just rude!

CCG_Pips

@ Haza ..........Just stupid, no argument in your comment, useless

Edited by CCG_Pips
Leady_Brickov

19 hours ago, ACG_Talisman said:

Thanks for your reply.

Happy landings,

Talisman

As a Tanker, I can tell you that we don't get the liberty of shooting up the Front troops and Arty for free. There are live guns and tanks hidden amongst the target trucks. The AI can see us through trees so we often die without even knowing what hit us. That is of course if an enemy Player tank doesn't ambush us or a enemy fighter bomber drop their payload on our heads along the way. I'm a sim pilot from IL2-1946 days and I can tell you that my tanking experiences are often more intense than my piloting experiences ever were.

Kind Regards

Kim    

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
ACG_Talisman

Despite what ground combat vehicle drivers have said and assumed in response to my post about the lack of challenge in this respect, I just can't see how a MP server like this one can provide anything like a fully developed ground army scenario to warrant any serious interest for ground troop simulation on a par with the simulated combat pilot challenge.  

Therefore, until a more realistic and integrated combined arms simulation with proper ground armies and capabilities can be provided, I find the distraction and diverted resources a great shame on a MP flight simulation server like this one.  My opinion may not be popular, but I believe it to be valid and that it is perfectly reasonable for me to raise it for discussion without folks being rude.  

Happy landings,

Talisman

LLv34_Temuri
37 minutes ago, ACG_Talisman said:

I just can't see how a MP server like this one can provide anything like a fully developed ground army scenario to warrant any serious interest for ground troop simulation on a par with the simulated combat pilot challenge

Then again, the current state of the sim cannot provide even a fully developed air war scenario, not even in single player. Knowing the limitations, I would even say that it would be possible to have a more developed ground army scenario than an air war scenario, due to the difference in how much of load the ground AI causes vs. the load that air AI causes.

We basically provide a sandbox for the players to make a combined arms experience within the limits of the game engine performance.

Edited by LLv34_Temuri
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
ACG_Talisman
2 hours ago, Leady_Brickov said:

As a Tanker, I can tell you that we don't get the liberty of shooting up the Front troops and Arty for free. There are live guns and tanks hidden amongst the target trucks. The AI can see us through trees so we often die without even knowing what hit us. That is of course if an enemy Player tank doesn't ambush us or a enemy fighter bomber drop their payload on our heads along the way. I'm a sim pilot from IL2-1946 days and I can tell you that my tanking experiences are often more intense than my piloting experiences ever were.

Kind Regards

Kim    

Hi Kim,

Thanks for your considered reply.  I am still left wondering why a passionate 'Tanker' would not be frequenting a 'Tanker' focused MP server and a simulation on the market geared to providing the most realistic Tanker challenges and focused on the ground army environment.  I am passionate about WW2 combat flight simulation, so I am drawn towards the leading flight simulations on the market and the  best associated flight simulation MP environments focused on air action and geared for pilots.  Perhaps I am too passionate and too serious about the flight simulation side and perhaps that is why I view the attempt to divert resources to human driven ground vehicles a shame and see it as a bit of a lark for drivers on a flight simulation MP server.  

Perhaps my love affair with the Finnish server is coming to an end :(

Happy landings,

Talisman

LLv34_Untamo

@ACG_Talisman trying to find logic in your statements:
1. You asked is there any challenge for tankers on the server
2. Several tankers reported "yes, there is challenge"
3. You draw a conclusion that "no, there is no challenge"

Hmmm....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
ACG_Talisman
Just now, LLv34_Temuri said:

Then again, the current state of the sim cannot provide even a fully developed air war scenario, not even in single player. Knowing the limitations, I would even say that it would be possible to have a more developed ground army scenario than an air war scenario, due to the difference in how much of load the ground AI causes vs. the load that air AI causes.

We basically provide a sandbox for the players to make a combined arms experience within the limits of the game engine performance.

Thank you Temuri.  As I have said in my previous post above, perhaps my love of the Finnish server is coming to an end.  I can see what you are trying to do and I applaud you for all your efforts.  You and the other flight simulation MP server providers have my respect and gratitude and the respect and gratitude of everyone in the community I am sure.

For me, what you have said above kind of explains why I hold the view that in terms of human players, for the time being, to focus a MP server on either one or the other arms (not even considering the sea), but not both would be a better thing to do. 

Happy landings,

Talisman

LLv34_Temuri
1 minute ago, ACG_Talisman said:

For me, what you have said above kind of explains why I hold the view that in terms of human players, for the time being, to focus a MP server on either one or the other arms (not even considering the sea), but not both would be a better thing to do. 

But the combined arms approach needs to be pushed forwards :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
ACG_Talisman
Just now, LLv34_Untamo said:

@ACG_Talisman trying to find logic in your statements:
1. You asked is there any challenge for tankers on the server
2. Several tankers reported "yes, there is challenge"
3. You draw a conclusion that "no, there is no challenge"

Hmmm....

Hi Untamo,

I don't think you will find that I have said that there is no challenge at all.  My view is that perhaps it is not the best challenge and rather second rate compared to a simulation geared and focused on the discipline to which one is passionate about.

Happy landings,

Talisman

CCG_Pips
1 hour ago, ACG_Talisman said:

Thank you Temuri.  As I have said in my previous post above, perhaps my love of the Finnish server is coming to an end.  I can see what you are trying to do and I applaud you for all your efforts.  You and the other flight simulation MP server providers have my respect and gratitude and the respect and gratitude of everyone in the community I am sure.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Even if you consider that I may have been rude, personally, I do not see how I could have been rude but that is not the point.

I still don't see how it bothers you that there are human tankers on the ground who fight better than AI?

It doesn't change the way a virtual pilot plays, except that human-drived tanks behave much more randomly during an attack and therefore, it is more difficult to destroy them .... I find that it's a real challenge and a new vision of our simulator ......

Really, it's hard to understand your attitude. You are  talking about ressources? but what are you talking about? Jason Williams has previously indicated that the ground vehicle projects are being managed by another studio.

Like you, I am passionate about WWII aviation history and have been playing on a flight simulator for at least 30 years- Their finest hours- battle of Britan - Lucasfilm games on ATARI - October 1989 .. .. does that ring a bell?

So when Jason and 1C Game announced Tank Crew1, I had a little doubt ..... then, as I always have, I bought the game to support the whole project ...... .

Like many pilots, I tried Tank Crew and immediately I switched to 50% land vehicles and when I say a lot of pilots it's really a lot of pilots .....

If the Finnish server is so successful, it is in large part due to the addition of human drived vehicles ..... and it is not over, the upcoming arrival of human  Flak vehicles will further increase the appeal of this server.

So, sorry if my words could have shocked you but from miself what it is your insistence that schock me .... if a game or a server does not suit for  me, I will not waste time writing pages and pages on the forum .... I will just go and play elsewhere ....

Have a good flight

Edited by CCG_Pips
  • Upvote 1
ACG_Talisman
1 minute ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

But the combined arms approach needs to be pushed forwards :)

Good luck.

Happy landings,

Talisman

• Like 1
Leifr

It has been quite some time since we last observed Finnish being so popular, there have been dips in player counts before but it is running busy these days! As a group of players, we're quite happy to see that folk are also able to enjoy a fairly well polished tank simulation in the same server as the ongoing air-war. It hasn't had any observable effect on the chance of aircraft being encountered, I am all for combined arms moving forwards! The scenarios presented in BoX are rarely up to scratch on the authenticity front, but servers like Finnish can happily provide an immersive and engaging experience for players within a video game simulation.

The Air Combat Group run their own server, do they not? I believe that is where all the serious flight simmers end up. 😬

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
6./ZG26_Custard
15 minutes ago, Leifr said:

I believe that is where all the serious flight simmers end up. 😬

I would probably consider myself a serious flight simmer in the terms of mindset but my application when flying tends to let me down,  as I end up being somewhat amateurish though lack of skill. I would say however, the Finnish server is without doubt a firm favourite and a really great place to fly. When I suck at flying I can always drive around in little tanks! 

• Upvote 1
57 minutes ago, Leifr said:

It has been quite some time since we last observed Finnish being so popular, there have been dips in player counts before but it is running busy these days! As a group of players, we're quite happy to see that folk are also able to enjoy a fairly well polished tank simulation in the same server as the ongoing air-war. It hasn't had any observable effect on the chance of aircraft being encountered, I am all for combined arms moving forwards! The scenarios presented in BoX are rarely up to scratch on the authenticity front, but servers like Finnish can happily provide an immersive and engaging experience for players within a video game simulation.

The Air Combat Group run their own server, do they not? I believe that is where all the serious flight simmers end up. 😬

IT would be nice too have some Red players come and join in . 57 v 23 seem not right to me . But ever server is like this apart from WOL. 

CCG_Pips
5 hours ago, KoN_ said:

IT would be nice too have some Red players come and join in . 57 v 23 seem not right to me . But ever server is like this apart from WOL. 

Just to let you know that at 18.50 today (European hour) the balance was :

RED SIDE:  10 players

BLUE SIDE: 39 players

Nobody on red side claimed....it is the game....due to the strategic overview, few peoples are ready to change of side and balance the player numbers.........

Edited by CCG_Pips
69th_Mobile_BBQ
6 hours ago, KoN_ said:

1 hour ago, CCG_Pips said:

Just to let you know that at 18.50 today (European hour) the balance was :

RED SIDE:  10 players

BLUE SIDE: 39 players

Nobody on red side claimed....it is the game....due to the strategic overview, few peoples are ready to change of side and balance the player numbers.........

As a member of a squad that is red-only when it comes to dynamic/semi-competitive/competitive type servers.....  we call this "business as usual".  

Granted, there ARE times the balance swings wildly the other way.   

Fear not though!  The early-to-mid war plane set meta seems to favor Allies much more than Axis.  Push them hard in the first 4 plane rotations and the blue stack doesn't matter as much.  

Edited by 69th_Mobile_BBQ
  • Like 1
CDRSEABEE
7 hours ago, Leifr said:

, I am all for combined arms moving forwards!

Need more people on SRS......

Leifr
7 hours ago, 6./ZG26_Custard said:

I would probably consider myself a serious flight simmer in the terms of mindset but my application when flying tends to let me down,  as I end up being somewhat amateurish though lack of skill. I would say however, the Finnish server is without doubt a firm favourite and a really great place to fly. When I suck at flying I can always drive around in little tanks! 

I was being facetious, Finnish is my (our) favourite place to fly in BoX! 😄

3 minutes ago, CDRSEABEE said:

Need more people on SRS......

Yes, I am going to push for my group to use SRS on Finnish shortly. We have used it on CombatBox to great effect.

Charlo-VR

I usually join whichever side has fewer players, though that can swing (wildly) within an hour, as we all see regularly. After the end of each flight I would be most inclined to switch sides to join the smaller side if that's the case (more targets and more challenge to be outnumbered!) except for a) the coalition change penalty, which I completely understand, and b) the perception by some that I am scouting one side to find an advantage for "my" side.

I am by no means even remotely competitive enough to make much difference even if I were a spy like that, but others in MP are, so that coalition penalty probably needs to remain for the reason it was created 🙂

Edited by Charlo-VR
DeKrieg

can someone point me to a clan or group that fly/tank on this server regularly? The official discord is usually empty except for 2-3 players and SRS is similar, I find myself alone far too much on the server when the people I am fighting are not. 

So I'm up for joining up with a clan or group for regular enough fly outs on the server

Enigma89
47 minutes ago, DeKrieg said:

can someone point me to a clan or group that fly/tank on this server regularly? The official discord is usually empty except for 2-3 players and SRS is similar, I find myself alone far too much on the server when the people I am fighting are not. 

So I'm up for joining up with a clan or group for regular enough fly outs on the server

You should hop on discord and ask around. A lot of people seem to find each other on there. Also I just made a video that breaks down all of the rules/mechanics + my thoughts on the Finnish server so you may find it helpful.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1