Finnish VirtualPilots - Dynamic War

LLv34_Untamo

powerleftist2

Hi, I couldn't find an answer to this question: does this server allow mods at all? If so, which ones? Thanks.

-332FG-Ursus_

Again with the complains of limited 262. No one seems el realize that Me-262 Is a meta breaking plane since there is not the real circuntance factor here. 

Tempest might be dangerous but still a prop plane with a specific advantaje. Turn. Because climbrate and speed are eclipsed not by top axis prop planes but allied as well.

To be fair 262 shouldn't be in any multiplayer planeset by example. 

But there is another issue ppl has been talking about and is the balance of the planesets to.

Imho i think there should be 10 planesets and new mechanics as well.

Changing the first planeset to no 109F2 MiG-3 and MC-202 with 20mm availability, adding a new second planeset with 109F2 and MiG-3 but withou cannons both and in limited numbers but not so strict as 262 limitations.  And another good change would be the adition of P-51D-15 in planeset #7 with machine guns locked to x4 in order to replicate the P-51B/C availability on that time, or give Spitfires Mk IX the 150 octane fuel which makes it even on terminal speeds to 109G6 Late / G-14 in sea levels. Imho Spit option is the less "unbalanced" since P-51 Is faster.

And the last topic i saw was the ppl spamming one side.

I already talked about that and i received the spectable answer. One cant do nothing which goes against players free will. 

That Is perfect but when one connects and saws 50 Axis vs 20 Allies 70% of the time. Beign equal status something less common and the reversed Situation only in 2 planesets beign the first and last place with the tendence reversed, shows how seriously is needed a certain autobalance system. Specially because this shows how there Is a gigant axis fanboys players refusing to fly allies,  or simple as ppl running to the side with 0 difficulty

Edited by -332FG-Ursus_
  • Upvote 1

JG300_Winterz

262 shouldn't be in any multiplayer planeset

As said multiple times the 262 is easy to avoid if you keep your situation awareness high.. And the actual server limitation is ok.

Because climbrate and speed are eclipsed not by top axis prop planes

Even the K4DC which was a unicorn is as fast as the Tempest at ground level, literally the same TAS.

The 109 got a better climbrate but cant turn as well..

Changing the first planeset

About the planesets I would just remove the 109F2 from the first planeset and also the 20mm for the Mc202 and Mig3.

adition of P-51D-15 in planeset #7 with machine guns locked to x4 in order to replicate the P-51B/C availability on that time, or give Spitfires Mk IX the 150 octane fuel

Spit with the 150 octane would sure match the G6L/G14 when it comes to speed and climbrate but It would still be a turning beast with nothing to compare on the blue side.

You are arguing for fair planesets and yet you brings the "historical" card for the P51.

As I said before, the planesets are quite ok. Even tho the 1 could be adjusted: 3 and 4 favors the germans (F4 and A3); 5 and 6 favors the allies. (G6 and A8 against LA5FN and Spit IX)

ppl spamming one side

I personnaly dont join when they are too many people on my side. I prefer flying at even (or kinda) numbers or against more people.. More targets and more challenge. They are plenty of things to do when you are outnumbered. Whining aint one of them. Reds are still smashing each tours.

• Like 1

216th_Jordan

Are there plans to introduce the new Gaz-MM into the server? Would make me very happy.

• Upvote 4

LLv34_Temuri

Gaz AA should be available for both sides after next mission rotation.

• Thanks 2

[F.Circus]MoerasGrizzly
On 4/21/2021 at 12:44 AM, iFoxRomeo said:

Thanks. I must have been blind when I was looking through the stats...

Pretty certain it was only added recently.

=LD=dhyran

Dear community,

we Loose Deuce plan to build and host the next LD server with the newest top notch SSDs and max single core speeds possible to get the smoothest simulation outcome for our beloved Finnish Dynamic War server scenario. The last LD machine was payed for by =LD=Strat and =LD=dhyran, including monthly power and bandwith costs with a top notch 10GB/s uplink to the AMS-IX and DE-CIX  so everyone can enjoy the great connectivity worldwide. We do it because flying online is our hobby, it‘s our passion, crazy ww2 propheads by heart. Please help us this time to build the next server with any donation you can afford to give! Every cent will go into the next machine and to cover monthly costs. Once we reach our goal a new machine will be ready for the community, for you!

S!

dhyran

Please donate the LD server

Edited by =LD=dhyran
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

SCG_FeuerFliegen

I'm wondering if anything has been planned to assist with reloads for the GAZ-MM 72-K.  I think there should at minimum, be a RRR truck at various locations, including at every spawn point.

Ideally I hope the devs will add a mechanic to be able to have an ai truck follow you and stay close by, but where you'll be able to tell it to hang back a KM or two, to stay relatively safe.  Or to be able to call in resupply from wherever you're at either by truck or transport plane... or any other ideas you guys might have.

• Upvote 2

-332FG-Ursus_
23 hours ago, JG300_Winterz said:

As said multiple times the 262 is easy to avoid if you keep your situation awareness high.. And the actual server limitation is ok.

Even the K4DC which was a unicorn is as fast as the Tempest at ground level, literally the same TAS.

The 109 got a better climbrate but cant turn as well..

About the planesets I would just remove the 109F2 from the first planeset and also the 20mm for the Mc202 and Mig3.

Spit with the 150 octane would sure match the G6L/G14 when it comes to speed and climbrate but It would still be a turning beast with nothing to compare on the blue side.

You are arguing for fair planesets and yet you brings the "historical" card for the P51.

As I said before, the planesets are quite ok. Even tho the 1 could be adjusted: 3 and 4 favors the germans (F4 and A3); 5 and 6 favors the allies. (G6 and A8 against LA5FN and Spit IX)

I personnaly dont join when they are too many people on my side. I prefer flying at even (or kinda) numbers or against more people.. More targets and more challenge. They are plenty of things to do when you are outnumbered. Whining aint one of them. Reds are still smashing each tours.

It was easy quote my entire post and not pick things in particular.

About the 51, even i said that P-51 was the not balanced option, but was the historical card. If i go to historical cards even i can put Spitfire Mk XIV over the table from the #5 planeset and i wont, the Spit IX with 150 octane is easy to face with G-14s, is just easy as not turn with them maybe? Just like face the Hurricanes with a 109F-4 or 109F-2, 109G-14 and G-6L still having better sustained climbrate and better top speed at certain altitudes, remembering that 109 has that advantaje in his compressor shouldn't be a problem, specially when facing them in pairs of 2.

And 109K-4 DC beign fast as a tempest is wrong. Actually K-4 in game is faster than a Tempest by 14km/h That by forcing the engine a little bit. And 7-8 km/h under automatic regulation sea level. Kuban Autumn results on my own testings, taking in consideration that are 10 minutes of WEP. Not talking about 109K-4 has better acceleration, energy retention and sustained climbrate which literally is more than enough to be out of danger. If a Tempest keeps the following its because is just red eyeing you and wants to follow you forever even without reaching you.

Edited by -332FG-Ursus_

Enigma89

I honestly think that Me-262s should be increased but forced only to lift and land from temp airfields. They would be much more vulnerable and would make up for increased supply numbers from them.

Edited by Enigma89
  • Upvote 5

Alexander9822

Can the GAZ-AA be able to be spawned on temporary airfield to defend them?

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the quick implementation of the Gaz !  
It won’t take long to find uses and non uses of this early drive by shooter ! 
Hopefully the Blue version will come out soon otherwise the inevitable “It isn’t fair ! “ wailing and gnashing of teeth will inundate the forum.

LLv34_Temuri
5 minutes ago, Mm1ut1 said:

Hopefully the Blue version will come out soon otherwise the inevitable “It isn’t fair ! “ wailing and gnashing of teeth will inundate the forum.

The Gaz is currently on both sides.

LLv34_Untamo
39 minutes ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

The Gaz is currently on both sides.

Which will undoubtedly also lead to wailing and gnashing of teeth ;)

Silly question about server rules.
i know there's one about no chute shooting/killing.

How do we feel about strafing enemy who crashed/belly landed in the fields?
i do not do that but have seen on multiple occasion and to be honest - i can't see much of a difference.

• Upvote 1

JG1_Wittmann
On 4/22/2021 at 2:45 AM, SCG_FeuerFliegen said:

I'm wondering if anything has been planned to assist with reloads for the GAZ-MM 72-K.  I think there should at minimum, be a RRR truck at various locations, including at every spawn point.

Ideally I hope the devs will add a mechanic to be able to have an ai truck follow you and stay close by, but where you'll be able to tell it to hang back a KM or two, to stay relatively safe.  Or to be able to call in resupply from wherever you're at either by truck or transport plane... or any other ideas you guys might have.

Now that the truck  is available on the server,   there is no reason that  the LL crew  can't make these able to Refuel/ Repair/ Rearm  other  AA trucks  and also do the same for tanks.   I would definitely  advocate to have trucks able to be used for that as well as an AA role on the server >

• Upvote 3

Charlo-VR
16 minutes ago, Amyel said:

Silly question about server rules.
i know there's one about no chute shooting/killing.

i do not do that but have seen on multiple occasion and to be honest - i can't see much of a difference.

I agree and also never strafe those who have crashed. I have at times sat in my crashed plane on the ground in the hopes someone will strafe me so they will make it more likely someone on my side will notice and bounce them. They may also strafe me to prevent any intel I can see and convey as I sit in my crashed plane.

LLv34_Untamo
16 hours ago, Amyel said:

It does not do your team any good as the plane is already lost / counted as destroyed. Just a dick thing to do and we do frown upon it.

• Thanks 1

[DBS]Browning
On 4/22/2021 at 3:58 PM, Enigma89 said:

I honestly think that Me-262s should be increased but forced only to lift and land from temp airfields. They would be much more vulnerable and would make up for increased supply numbers from them.

I really, really like this idea!

For RED, 262s are LOTS of fun to shoot down and strafe, but not much fun to be helplessly BnZ'd by.

For BLUE flying the 262 is fun, but there are too few opportunities to do it.

If 262 where available only a temporary field and could be resupplied (say 1 per resupply aircraft?) this would be a great compromise.
BLUE would have plenty of 262s to fly, but they would be very vulnerable to RED players having fun attacking them on takeoff and landing.

Fun for everyone!

• Upvote 1

iFoxRomeo

Unfortunately the stats go back to only Q4/20.

Is that correct, that Kill per hour is normalized to 1 aircraft? So 1 aircraft of this type does X kill/h of its type accumulated flight time?

If so, the stats show what I said. The 262 pilot has a high survivablity chance but doesn't clear the skies from E/A.

Imho, the kills per hour are not anywhere high enough to justify the restriction that it has right now.

Rank on Kill/hour

Q4/20:

Rank 1 - Yak-9T - 2.23

Rank 2 - Tempest Mk V - 2.13

Rank 3 - Bf109G6Late - 2.13

Rank 7 - Spitfire Mk IXe - 1.84

Rank 9 - Me262 - 1.69

Spoiler

184860433_FVP_Stats20-Q4-01.thumb.jpg.228a62261bf435bb119d96bbce48b68f.jpg

Q1/21:

Rank 1 - Tempest MkV - 2.23

Rank 2 - La-5FN - 2.13

Rank 3 - Fw190 A3 - 2.08

Rank 9 - Spitfire Mk IXe 1.79

Rank 15 - Me262 - 1.73

Spoiler

857624697_FVP_Stats21-Q1-01.thumb.jpg.51dcdd7185fec5824e74f6806bedd895.jpg

Q2/21

Rank 1 - Tempest Mk V - 2.29

Rank 2 - La-5FN - 2.26

Rank 3 - Fw190 A3 - 1.83

Rank 20 - Spitfire Mk IXe 1.44

Rank 21 - Me262 - 1.44 but with only 1:15h accumulated flighttime as Q2 has "just" started

Spoiler

1883360893_FVP_Stats21-Q2-01.thumb.jpg.fff6ca02dbac23c408acd2417bd54c3f.jpg

2069983515_FVP_Stats21-Q2-02.thumb.jpg.2c81607f451e1c5d060221c0d7373a59.jpg

LuseKofte
1 hour ago, [DBS]Browning said:

I really, really like this idea!

For RED, 262s are LOTS of fun to shoot down and strafe, but not much fun to be helplessly BnZ'd by.

For BLUE flying the 262 is fun, but there are too few opportunities to do it.

If 262 where available only a temporary field and could be resupplied (say 1 per resupply aircraft?) this would be a great compromise.
BLUE would have plenty of 262s to fly, but they would be very vulnerable to RED players having fun attacking them on takeoff and landing.

Fun for everyone!

I agree on this point, but I get bounced by a PO2 for that matter, speed is not the thing killing me, I feel blind as a bat in my Rift S.

Restricting numbers is not the way, rather make them work for the jet flight. Let them fly JU 52 to temp airfields in order to fly them, this way they become easy targets twice. And they earned the right to fly. For that matter I might supply them myself, I love the JU 52

Edited by LuseKofte

VBF-12_Sluggo

So I am fascinated by this and tried to contact the pilot directly, but what is this sorcery!  What a great streak!

stats.virtualpilots.fi:8000/en/pilot/5982/JG77_Ammi/?tour=41

Congratulations.

Who can be the Roy Brown here?  

Krupnski help!

• Thanks 1

CountZero
42 minutes ago, VBF-12_Sluggo said:

So I am fascinated by this and tried to contact the pilot directly, but what is this sorcery!  What a great streak!

stats.virtualpilots.fi:8000/en/pilot/5982/JG77_Ammi/?tour=41

Congratulations.

Who can be the Roy Brown here?  

Krupnski help!

Its highest air kill streak since disconections end streaks, on WoL highest one was 174 in one month.

Vaal recently add overall page for servers that shows top 10 by score, vlife score, air streak and ground streak for whole time of server so its easyer to track it:

http://stats.virtualpilots.fi:8000/en/overall/

didnt know krupinski also hunts high streak players, from my expiriance meow was jerk for that job, he will ram you on landing just to end it.

i would just like it so it only shows one per player in each table, so its players highest resoult, give more people chance to chase it, and not like its now where you could basicly have one player fill whole 10 slots in one table if he wonts.

On 4/22/2021 at 4:58 PM, Enigma89 said:

Also my thinking, i never understod logic of making punishment for best airplanes by having them take of from far away bases. Its just making their job more safe for 5-10min extra climb to alt time its more a extra reward then punishment. They should insetd be placed on forward unprotected bases and made land and take of only there. Thats risk and reward then.

To me it sounds good idea and should be tested if it would work better.

Edited by CountZero
  • Like 1

Crashbangwallop

I joined the server in a GAZ earlier, but after a couple of minutes my gunner postion seemed to be possessed, and I couldn't see what to do about it. I'm assuming that someone sneaked onto my vehicle uninvited. The gun was waving around all over the place at nothing. Quite annoying, so I just checked out (not sure of the etiquette in the that situation)

I've never had this problem before – in tanks or multi-crew planes

Is there a way of locking positions against such alien stowaways?

While I'm here -

Liking the advent of the GAZ very much, and looking forward to the German half-track AAA, but that ammunition really does get used up fast doesn't it...

12 hours ago, Crashbangwallop said:

I joined the server in a GAZ earlier, but after a couple of minutes my gunner postion seemed to be possessed, and I couldn't see what to do about it. I'm assuming that someone sneaked onto my vehicle uninvited. The gun was waving around all over the place at nothing. Quite annoying, so I just checked out (not sure of the etiquette in the that situation)

While I'm here -

Liking the advent of the GAZ very much, and looking forward to the German half-track AAA, but that ammunition really does get used up fast doesn't it...

Выбрал технику > Esc >  

1.jpg

2.jpg

• Upvote 1

69th_Mobile_BBQ
12 hours ago, Crashbangwallop said:

While I'm here -

When in-mission, press ESC.  There should be a menu for Gunner Stations there.  You can select whether or not lock players out from there.  

lol, UFO beat me to it by 30 seconds.   But, I'll put it here in English too.  

• Upvote 1

Crashbangwallop
9 hours ago, UFO* said:

Выбрал технику > Esc >  

And 

9 hours ago, 69th_Mobile_BBQ said:

When in-mission, press ESC.  There should be a menu for Gunner Stations there.  You can select whether or not lock players out from there.  

lol, UFO beat me to it by 30 seconds.   But, I'll put it here in English too.  

Thanks for that - и большое спасибо

No more alien invasions for me... :)

wellenbrecher
On 4/24/2021 at 5:45 PM, CountZero said:

Its highest air kill streak since disconections end streaks, on WoL highest one was 174 in one month.

Vaal recently add overall page for servers that shows top 10 by score, vlife score, air streak and ground streak for whole time of server so its easyer to track it:

http://stats.virtualpilots.fi:8000/en/overall/

didnt know krupinski also hunts high streak players, from my expiriance meow was jerk for that job, he will ram you on landing just to end it.

I had forgotten about Cymao.
Geezus...

CountZero
1 hour ago, wellenbrecher said:

I had forgotten about Cymao.
Geezus...

Its so easy to go for high streak guys on 24/7 servers, they cant make mistake, usealy spend few weeks keeping streak going, and some random jerk can just target them intentionaly with infinet vlifes and airplanes, no mather how many time he fails he can just try again, whle guy keeping streak cant make mistake. Insted to try to brake streak by getting more then other guy they opt for easy thing to do, and go on suisied hunt just to end other guys streak. On taw its harder to do that as you run out of vlifes or airplanes, on fast food server its easyer to hunt high streak guys as you cant run out of trys and you can do anything you like to end it.

69th_Mobile_BBQ
9 hours ago, LeLv30_Redwing said:

Ammi's streak is out of this world but what is more amazing, AI gunners don't seem to hit him either. Here he shot down 3 A-20's without a scratch 😮

http://stats.virtualpilots.fi:8000/en/sortie/log/1221966/?tour=41

Well, to be fair, the A-20's gunners aren't all that good.  They don't have much ammo.  They don't really have good firing arcs or visibility.  There are many angles to attack from that give the gunner zero opportunity to even pull the trigger.  Hell, if you do it right, you can even use the A-20's own tail to block the top gunner while avoiding the bottom gunner.  Also, to be fair, you can do this with He-111s as well, but the space you need to stay in to not get hit is much smaller.   Considering that most Axis fighter planes are able to dive straight down then pull straight up and recover almost all of their original altitude, it's not hard to give a plane like the A-20 the "30mm death drop".  If you're fast enough, the gunner might not even call out that they're under attack. 

beresford

Is it possible for the opponent's Air Start Supply Spawn not to show on your map in the same way as his paradrop point doesn't? Believe it or not, there have been cases of vulching the Air Start point.

LLv34_Temuri
27 minutes ago, beresford said:

Is it possible for the opponent's Air Start Supply Spawn not to show on your map in the same way as his paradrop point doesn't? Believe it or not, there have been cases of vulching the Air Start point.

No. If we had the ability to hide enemy spawn points from other side, we’d already done it.