=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

I think  that new campaign for the TAW would be very useful in the fight against the epidemic coronavirus)))

• Like 2
  • Upvote 7

Posted (edited)

@=LG=Kathon #odpalaj kampanię

#muremzakathonem #freekathon #niestrzelamdokathona #freeme262

Edited by =L/R=todeskvlt
  • Upvote 5

@-=PHX=-SuperEtendard concerning the 10% availability of the 262, i still think that in addition to that it should be unavailable if the the axis team is outnumbering allies by 5 or more players and only be available after 15 min into the mission. 

Concerning the 150 oct. fuel P-51 i hope you don't mean the very rear airfields but simply "not frontline" airfields? 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Operation_Ivy said:

@-=PHX=-SuperEtendard concerning the 10% availability of the 262, i still think that in addition to that it should be unavailable if the the axis team is outnumbering allies by 5 or more players and only be available after 15 min into the mission. 

Concerning the 150 oct. fuel P-51 i hope you don't mean the very rear airfields but simply "not frontline" airfields? 

At first glance I would like to see how it pans out with this first 10% limitation, maybe if it's still too many 262s in certain situations like axis team fully stacked (though with this planeset it would incentivize for higher allied team participation) we could make it so their numbers stops scaling once axis team is 2:1 ratio compared to allied team.

About the P-51, yeah I meant the very rear edge of the map airfields. It might seem too much but the 51 has good autonomy and high cruising speed:

For example as a possible bad case scenario of a fairly advanced frontline to the east I took off from Gent in 1901, with 900 liters (88% fuel), climbed to 20k feet in combat power, then set economy cruise settings and arrived to Billerbeck in 0927, took 40 min (8 climbing, 32 cruising at alt), when I arrived I just consumed the auxiliary tank, leaving with around 700 liters (69%), enough for over 1 hour sortie at max continuous settings, and you can land in a frontline airfield afterwards so a much shorter return trip ^^  If done at max continuous you can get there in 33 min total, with at least 560 liters of fuel left (could be more since one of the wing tank gauges didn't start decreasing yet).

And if the campaign goes in favor of the axis the frontline would get closer and closer to the rear airfields making it a shorter trip for the 150 oct Mustangs to get to the action.

Edited by -=PHX=-SuperEtendard
  • Like 1

Thank you for the last campaign.

It's allways challenging to fly in the TAW. Even if sides aren't exactly balanced all the time, that's ok for me, it was that way in real world. 

Looking forward to flying the next.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/24/2020 at 6:02 PM, JG4_Karl_Gratz said:

2) I experienced JG4_Ammi's methods and he isn't vulching. Neither did he make his kills mostly in a Me262 but rather in a D9!

I took a look at his sortie log, one of his kills was only spawned in for four minutes, the plane never took off.  Confirmed, Amni vulches.  And it's not just Amni participating in this kind of activity of orbiting and vulching, but it happened a lot with 262s when they came out.

To be clear, I don't have a hate streak for Amni, the groups, etc.  Tbh these are new names to me.  But this is the activity I noticed, and it's in the logs for you to take a look at.

Edited by -332FG-Magic_Zach

11 minutes ago, -332FG-Magic_Zach said:

I took a look at his sortie log, one of his kills was only spawned in for four minutes, the plane never took off.  Confirmed, Amni vulches.  And it's not just Amni participating in this kind of activity of orbiting and vulching, but it happened a lot with 262s when they came out.

To be clear, I don't have a hate streak for Amni, the groups, etc.  Tbh these are new names to me.  But this is the activity I noticed, and it's in the logs for you to take a look at.

That's expected in a server like TAW, vulching isn't forbidden

3 hours ago, -=PHX=-SuperEtendard said:

At first glance I would like to see how it pans out with this first 10% limitation, maybe if it's still too many 262s in certain situations like axis team fully stacked (though with this planeset it would incentivize for higher allied team participation) we could make it so their numbers stops scaling once axis team is 2:1 ratio compared to allied team.

About the P-51, yeah I meant the very rear edge of the map airfields. It might seem too much but the 51 has good autonomy and high cruising speed:

And if the campaign goes in favor of the axis the frontline would get closer and closer to the rear airfields making it a shorter trip for the 150 oct Mustangs to get to the action.

I highly doubt the 10% limitation will do anything. 4-5 players with 262s are still way too many for a single mission. In my opinion even 1 is too much because certain people will abuse the shit out of it but i already go for a compromise. 262s were always outnumbered so i think it would be reasonable to not make them available when axis got the number advantage. While this was general the case with the luftwaffe, i think it would be a nice way to balance out the 262s unique feature of being untouchable and basically immune to AA thanks to the AI. 

In terms of P-51 150 oct. fuel i think it would make much more sense to create an airspawn in the north west to simulate them coming from england than making them fly for 40 minutes just to arrive at the frontline in a mission that lasts just 2h.

• Upvote 6

46 minutes ago, Operation_Ivy said:

I highly doubt the 10% limitation will do anything. 4-5 players with 262s are still way too many for a single mission. In my opinion even 1 is too much because certain people will abuse the shit out of it but i already go for a compromise. 262s were always outnumbered so i think it would be reasonable to not make them available when axis got the number advantage. While this was general the case with the luftwaffe, i think it would be a nice way to balance out the 262s unique feature of being untouchable and basically immune to AA thanks to the AI. 

In terms of P-51 150 oct. fuel i think it would make much more sense to create an airspawn in the north west to simulate them coming from england than making them fly for 40 minutes just to arrive at the frontline in a mission that lasts just 2h.

Honestly i think missions should last 3 maybe even 4h

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, SCG_Gustav_Hagel said:

Honestly i think missions should last 3 maybe even 4h

Last time this was considered, which maybe ~2 years ago iirc, the conclusion was that it isn't possible due to IL2 limitations but maybe @Alonzo can weight in on that as someone with more knowledge about these kind of things.

But even when you have a 4h mission i think a 40min flight to the frontline is excessive. I know some Bomber blokes already do these long missions but it's just not for me. 

25b2fc1fb2d56f12838aeb5416ebc299.webp?si

Col NinnyYesterday at 3:22 PM

Overall, IMO, the TAW Rhineland gameplay was well balanced but having the 262's in the low altitude fights, and strafing the airfields was not realistic. They would have been used mainly for the high altitude bomber interceptor role for which they were designed. To counteract this inbalance TAW Rhineland campaigns should consider using AI B-25 high alt bomber groups as is used on one of the Combat Box Maps. This would add more diversity and challenge to both sides.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, ACG_HardeKoning said:

LG meme-ing? I'll join #odpalaj kampanię

#odpalajkampanię

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

#odpalajkampanię I KURWA

If we are going to roll another EF campaign, would again love to see something unique for U2, other than transport to make that plane a useful part of the campaign. 

Edited by [GCA]T1m270
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

I'm all for the EF campaign. VVS this time. 

Edited by SCG_Fenris_Wolf
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, [GCA]T1m270 said:

#odpalajkampanię I KURWA

If we are going to roll another EF campaign, would again love to see something unique for U2, other than transport to make that plane a useful part of the campaign. 

Now it’s possible that you can discover the parachute zones of blues if you flight with it over that circle; and then all VVS can see that drop zone.

Although I have to recognise that is a bore/hard job....

Edited by E69_Gote

41 minutes ago, Ala13_UnopaUno_VR said:

what is EF?

Eastern Front (frente del Este)

• Like 1

24 минуты назад, =LG=Kathon сказал:

The plan is to start next campaign on 01.04. Stay tuned. 

What kind of company do you plan to launch?

I haveto say, that even taw has been good and all, the finnish virtual pilots has done many things way better lately. I think i will not participate to this taw. 

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, -FISTN-Ugly_Eric said:

I haveto say, that even taw has been good and all, the finnish virtual pilots has done many things way better lately. I think i will not participate to this taw. 

Ojoj :(

On 3/28/2020 at 4:12 PM, Operation_Ivy said:

Last time this was considered, which maybe ~2 years ago iirc, the conclusion was that it isn't possible due to IL2 limitations but maybe @Alonzo can weight in on that as someone with more knowledge about these kind of things.

Running a server is a lot of witchcraft and voodoo, so it's hard to know what's really going to have an effect and what isn't. Combat Box does 2.5 hour missions, and it's mostly ok but we do sometimes observe a performance degradation towards the end of the map. For a 3 or 4 hour map I think you'd want a lot less moving pieces (i.e. ground/interesting stuff). But that might be worth it, depending on the overall effect you want to achieve with the longer missions.

• Thanks 3

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, -FISTN-Ugly_Eric said:

Hi!

LLv24 will participate TAW full strength. All our death ban pilots are ordered to fly on Finnish Virtual Pilots server during their death ban time.

So all other "banned", I welcome you to Finnish server ;)

S!

Veccu

Edited by LLv24_Veccu
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, LLv24_Veccu said:

All our death ban pilots are ordered to fly on Finnish Virtual Pilots server during their death ban time.

You forgot to add the "with no pants" clause. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, LLv24_Veccu said:

Hi!

LLv24 will participate TAW full strength. All our death ban pilots are ordered to fly on Finnish Virtual Pilots server during their death ban time.

So all other "banned", I welcome you to Finnish server ;)

S!

Veccu

Finnish Virtual Pilots is where you go after you die in battle:

Walhall_by_Emil_Doepler.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, OpticFlow said:

Finnish Virtual Pilots is where you go after you die in battle:

Walhall_by_Emil_Doepler.jpg

TFW you're an Einharjar and some dude rolls up in an I-16 with a surprised expression and no pants.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, =LG=Kathon said:

Am I really the only one that is highly suspicious of that date?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, BlackHellHound1 said:

Nope

29 minutes ago, BlackHellHound1 said:

That would be doing it wrong imo.

23 hours ago, =LG=Kathon said:

Awesome!

image.gif.3275308e56450250642852c52d4aba63.gif