Jump to content
=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, DerSheriff said:


Naah. The A-3 arrived to the eastern front in 42, late that is. Wasnt even at stalingrad.

So, yes. If we just assume that Map 4 is "the stalingrad experience" then it makes sense that the Fw 190 A-3 isnt available. La-5s were part of the Battle, Fw 190s werent.

Yes it wasn't part of stalingrad, but it was already in the eastern front. But at leningrad and rzhev. I wasn't talking about theatre of operation but dates the a/c entered operational service. My bad, i don't even know what map number represents what map. I just really want my 190 😢 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

If you dont want to get shot on your chute, just dont open it! 

 

Simple as that! 

 

Either that, or play Rise of Flight 'cause you ain't got none. 

Edited by [=PzG=]-FlyinPinkPanther

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, =FSB=Man-Yac said:

 My bad, i don't even know what map number represents what map. I just really want my 190 😢 


Early Stalingrad stage...non historical nor balance reasons to have the A3 there.

 

You still can have 2x20mm gunpods on your 109s G and F, and with 3x20mm altogether slaughter Laggs, Yaks, Migs and the "boiling" La5 while you wait for map #5  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 666GIAP_Chimango said:


Early Stalingrad stage...non historical nor balance reasons to have the A3 there.

 

You still can have 2x20mm gunpods on your 109s G and F, and with 3x20mm altogether slaughter Laggs, Yaks, Migs and the "boiling" La5 while you wait for map #5  

 I don't want it for its firepower. But if it's stalingrad scenario I will try to stay alive in a 110e. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, 666GIAP_Chimango said:


Early Stalingrad stage...non historical nor balance reasons to have the A3 there.

 

You still can have 2x20mm gunpods on your 109s G and F, and with 3x20mm altogether slaughter Laggs, Yaks, Migs and the "boiling" La5 while you wait for map #5  

And what about historical reason for using the 23mm on the lagg or introducing The La5F against the 190A3 and not the A5?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, E69_geramos109 said:

And what about historical reason for using the 23mm on the lagg or introducing The La5F against the 190A3 and not the A5?

 

Admin conspiracy

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, =FSB=Man-Yac said:

I second this. Map 4 is very uninspiring for blue side ground attack. 190a3 would be nice to be used as jabo. Still waiting for a 110F 🤓

We have at least 1 new plane every map. For the map 4 it is 109g2.

1 hour ago, E69_geramos109 said:

And what about historical reason for using the 23mm on the lagg or introducing The La5F against the 190A3 and not the A5?

It is not about historical reason but about the gameplay for red and blue teams.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, E69_geramos109 said:

And what about historical reason for using the 23mm on the lagg or introducing The La5F against the 190A3 and not the A5?

 

Hi, long time no see in TAW 😄 M82 engine in map #5 is historical, and also good balance. By now you should know TAW is not for 100% historical planeset, but something between history and balance in gameplay; they used to forget the second part, but now the planeset finally seems to be right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Norz said:

We have at least 1 new plane every map. For the map 4 it is 109g2.

It is not about historical reason but about the gameplay for red and blue teams.

Yes there it is, it's for balance, that's why there are non historical match up here and it's okay.

Germans don't have an issue with fighters my point was just for ground attack. I would have loved to have a 190 jabo not to have to fly 110e until map 5. And I understand that having it in the sky as a fighter is not balanced. Just let a man dream. (and remove pe2 turrets, for balance ofc ;) )

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I would like it to be historical. Talking about balance is a very open thing.

 

For example I can not see balance on map 3 with F4 against yak1 69. Or on Map4 where there are La5 and no Fw, or on map 7 and 8 where there are La5 fns and the faster thing germans have is the A5 and not the better balanced G14. So... I can not see sometimes where is the balancing factor.But is quite contradictory to hear some saying that there were no 190s over stalingrad so we should not put this plane while with other things that were not historical are there because of balance.  

 

If we want balance we would need allways same planes, balances squads for example. Now most of the top squads that plays for winning and that have the most hours, skill etc are on the red side so there is not balance. This Taw edition will be easy win for reds and not because of the planes because of squads playing on each side so...

Edited by E69_geramos109
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

When getting attacked are you hearing hit sounds in cockpit . i don`t hear a thing . ?? I mean nothing `only my engine and me firing . 

I thought new audio had been introduced in new patch . 

Edited by KoN_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, E69_geramos109 said:

For example I can not see balance on map 3 with F4 against yak1 69. Or on Map4 where there are La5 and no Fw, or on map 7 and 8 where there are La5 fns and the faster thing germans have is the A5 and not the better balanced G14. So... I can not see sometimes where is the balancing factor.But is quite contradictory to hear some saying that there were no 190s over stalingrad so we should not put this plane while with other things that were not historical are there because of balance.  

 

What are you talking about? La5 in map #4 is base one, no unlocks, no M82 engine. It's summer, and if you want it not to overheat as soon as you take off you need all rads open, a cripled plane. No FW190A3 but you have 109F4 and G2s, the best fighter planes on that map. As some have already explained to you, non historical nor balance to have 190 there. La5FN? LW has FWs there, fast, tough and unmatched firepower. If there is a slight advantage in speed for the FN, it's not as much as what we have with 109F4s in early maps. So again, an overall balance in TAW atm.

 

So for the million time: is finding the best possible planeset between balance and history; check Norz post if you can not understand mine 😁 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 666GIAP_Chimango said:

 

What are you talking about? La5 in map #4 is base one, no unlocks, no M82 engine. It's summer, and if you want it not to overheat as soon as you take off you need all rads open, a cripled plane. No FW190A3 but you have 109F4 and G2s, the best fighter planes on that map. As some have already explained to you, non historical nor balance to have 190 there. La5FN? LW has FWs there, fast, tough and unmatched firepower. If there is a slight advantage in speed for the FN, it's not as much as what we have with 109F4s in early maps. So again, an overall balance in TAW atm.

 

So for the million time: is finding the best possible planeset between balance and history; check Norz post if you can not understand mine 😁 

I can understand that what you want is balance over historical accuracy but I think you guys overestimate the 190s I really dont care about 190s because I preffer 109 most of the time but I can not see why is a balance factor. The normal La5 is as fast or even faster than the A3 because of the time limits and it still can out turn and out climb that plane below 4k.

With La5 you can outrun any F4 and you are equal with a G2 on low speed fights. G2 is so close with the Yak speed on the deck you really need to exploit the manual rpm control on the plane to get some extra speed and only for a minute.

Only factor I see on the 190s that can be some advantage is the Jabo Use 

 

With La5 Fns the difference with the A5 is quite big and Fn accelerates much much better than A5. Yes F4 is faster as well on the first maps BUT with the yak at least you can force some turns. What can you do on A5 against La5FNs? You can not run, you can not climb, you can not turn you just can hope to bail on your lines or to use a camper strategy. I even preffer the much Slower G4s and G6s with 60-70 Kph difference just because they can at least scape climbing if you see one Fn far enought on your 6 and you have some chance to dogfight them compared to the 190s. 

 

So I can not see why we are not having the G14s with Fns if balance is what is important. If we want historical planeset yes. There were no G14s on late 43 and reds had there the best plane but then why we need YA 23 on Lagg? 2 Ubs and 1 Svak is still great firepower and maybe with P40 the most powerful plane regarding the weapons just with the 20mm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could someone explain me what's up with the 23mm cannon?

2 minutes ago, =L/R=todchenko said:

finally something is happening here

 

28166783_1668992896525481_1986028499191619265_n.jpg.a9b9a767a0bef98e142221df458c5b3f.jpg

Since reds are winning, forum is pretty much dead 🤭

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Welcome TAW admins.

Can we have an answer why the HRAF members was systematically banned from TAW, when a new mission started?!?!?!
It happened several times.

Edited by -[HRAF]Roland_HUNter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, -[HRAF]Roland_HUNter said:

Welcome TAW admins.

Can we have an answer why the HRAF members was systematically banned from TAW, when a new mission started?!?!?!
It happened several times.

Me too and one of my squadron mates. 

 

I have 4,47 hours flight time in this taw due to RL restrictions. And that time I have time to fly, I`m patiently waiting the mission to start and are among first to connect. Then select the plane and get kicked and banned 😀

 

There are guys who fly all the time and they just sat on the server. Great

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SCG_Gustav_Hagel said:

Since reds are winning, forum is pretty much dead 🤭


Since numbers are balanced, and also planeset...people is busy in the virtual sky, and not in the virtual toilet 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, -[HRAF]Roland_HUNter said:

Welcome TAW admins.

Can we have an answer why the HRAF members was systematically banned from TAW, when a new mission started?!?!?!
It happened several times.

 

 

It is in manual

 

I was kick from the server and now I’m banned from TAW on the servers list, why?

There is slot reservation system which is used sometimes by TAW developers StG2 and =LG= squadrons. To prevent from joining the server when no free slots are available players are temporarily banned. As soon as some free slots are available again all players are unbanned. If server has no more free slots then there is a message on the TAW main page above the map “Server is full!”. Please wait a while in that case.

 

 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, SCG_Gustav_Hagel said:

Since reds are winning, forum is pretty much dead 🤭

Let`s hope they keep winning, I like the forum much better this way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, 666GIAP_Chimango said:


Since numbers are balanced, and also planeset...people is busy in the virtual sky, and not in the virtual toilet 

Numbers balanced is not a reason, but a consequence of reds winning. Btw, number of players registered seems way lower in this season than the previous 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, E69_geramos109 said:

2 Ubs and 1 Svak is still great firepower

LaGG 3 only has 1 UBS... at least know the stuff you bring up... 😄

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

You guys are finding the numbers to be balanced? In American time zones evenings they are very unbalanced, but favouring the reds this time.

Edited by WokeUpDead
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Jizzo said:

LaGG 3 only has 1 UBS... at least know the stuff you bring up... 😄

True, my mistake. But still. Ub is quite deadly compared with 2MG17s or Mc202 guns. So dont know where is the balance or the historical factor there. 

 

And I can not agree with player balance. Yes numbers are more equal but that hapens because most of the important squads changed to red side for balancing. What happens now is that most of the important squads are flying red. Bombers and Fighter. 

Reds have the 666 squad, 72Ag. SCG, LG, 19 fab, AirCombatGroup, Ala13 all this squads fly a lot of hours they have good numbers to set air superiority etc. 

On blue side the first squad by hours is the lv24 on the 4 position and the Jg4 on the 7 position. So yes, total player numbers are equal but coordinated and experienced players and squad not at all. 

 

So the ones who think that this campaing is equal and balanced on the players side are quite mistaken will be an easy win for reds wining most of the maps. I will be so surprised if not. 

Edited by E69_geramos109

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, WokeUpDead said:

You guys are finding the numbers to be balanced? In American time zones evenings they are very unbalanced, but favouring the reds this time.


I agree, but in the european morning the same happens in favour of blue side, so the difference with previous edition now is the imbalance is not one sided all campaign long. And the most important: during the day numbers are quite even all day long. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is some problem with bombs and cars, bomb blowing near car and car still alive. Is it problem of new patch or server settings?

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, -=RedS=-Str1ke said:

There is some problem with bombs and cars, bomb blowing near car and car still alive. Is it problem of new patch or server settings?

Its the new damage model in the update. Bombs do less damage the further they are. I landed a 50 kg bomb in a aaa truck yesterday and it survived. By on i mean it ended up in its engine

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, E69_geramos109 said:

Ub is quite deadly compared with 2MG17s or Mc202 guns.

I don't agree on that, sorry.

I'd say that the 2x12,7 Breda is way better than the 1x 12,7 UB, especially if you compare the ammount of ammo you have too.  2x 475 vs 1x 200.

Breda might have been really crappy in real, but in here they are actually very good.

Edited by Jizzo
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jizzo said:

I don't agree on that, sorry.

I'd say that the 2x12,7 Breda is way better than the 1x 12,7 UB, especially if you compare the ammount of ammo you have too.  2x 475 vs 1x 200.

Spaghetti lack velocity 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jizzo said:

I don't agree on that, sorry.

I'd say that the 2x12,7 Breda is way better than the 1x 12,7 UB, especially if you compare the ammount of ammo you have too.  2x 475 vs 1x 200.

on the mc you have 2 breda but no canon. On the lagg3 you have just one UB but one 20mm and that is quite better overall than the mc armament. I of course dont consider the truck mods like gunpods. I dont consider historical as well the gun pods on the mc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, E69_geramos109 said:

on the mc you have 2 breda but no canon. On the lagg3 you have just one UB but one 20mm and that is quite better overall than the mc armament. I of course dont consider the truck mods like gunpods. I dont consider historical as well the gun pods on the mc

You were talking about the Breda vs UB, Dude...

1 hour ago, E69_geramos109 said:

Ub is quite deadly compared with 2MG17s or Mc202 guns.

...

6 minutes ago, =FSB=Man-Yac said:

Spaghetti lack velocity 

 

Maybe adding a decent ammount of tomtato-sauce would help?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, =FSB=Man-Yac said:

Spaghetti lack velocity 

 

You need to boil it first before you shoot. 

  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems that it became much more difficult to destroy buildings and especially dugouts with bombs after the update. What was everybody's experience so far?

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mincer said:

It seems that it became much more difficult to destroy buildings and especially dugouts with bombs after the update. What was everybody's experience so far?

Maybe the hotfix corrected it.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any change of bomb effectiveness in TAW/Il-2? I hit Dyatlevo depot (18 % damage) last mission. I scored good hit into the area where all buildings were undamaged (see figure below).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yxwwSmc2M9neOmwNWWqUSAeb7x1dDwZe/view?usp=sharing

 

Still I was not credited by a single destroyed object:

https://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=23486&name=JG1_Pragr

 

The only kill I got was AAA hit by the second SC1000 that missed the target area a bit (still within the damage range of some buildings). Are small bombs better for using these days? I just ask, I don't want to start any bias/flame here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jizzo said:

You were talking about the Breda vs UB, Dude...

...

 

We are talking about why to use the 23mm on the lagg when this plane already has great firepower compared with the rest of the fighters on the planeset so there is no balancing or historical reason to put this mod on the lagg. 

On the other hand with the same reason the 190 A3 is not there.

So that is what we are discussing Dude...

 

  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, E69_geramos109 said:

I would like it to be historical. Talking about balance is a very open thing.

 

For example I can not see balance on map 3 with F4 against yak1 69. Or on Map4 where there are La5 and no Fw, or on map 7 and 8 where there are La5 fns and the faster thing germans have is the A5 and not the better balanced G14. So... I can not see sometimes where is the balancing factor.But is quite contradictory to hear some saying that there were no 190s over stalingrad so we should not put this plane while with other things that were not historical are there because of balance.  

 

If we want balance we would need allways same planes, balances squads for example. Now most of the top squads that plays for winning and that have the most hours, skill etc are on the red side so there is not balance. This Taw edition will be easy win for reds and not because of the planes because of squads playing on each side so...

 

 

Every map one team has small (or not small) advantage, but this team is not always the same. That is the reason why the read team can use La5FN for Maps No7,8 (because of the 109F4, 109G2 on the maps No 3, 4)

 

P.S. I think that the current campaign will be balanced almost perfectly.

 

 

 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...