=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Allies should had the chance to bomb jet fuel depots and jet airports to avoid 262 to spawn... If LW wants jets they have to protect their airfields/stores deep into their lines losing the possibility to protect the front lines. No restrictions but Tactical abilities of each team will balance the battle. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Me-262 and vulching is not problem for me. For me is problem 6x Me-262. Allies have average 20 players. Half of them are ground attacker/bobmer. And cca 10 Allied figters is against 6 Me-262 and 20 Bf-109/FW190. In reallity had Me-262 KG-51. Not jagger. Jagd Me-262 flying against 8.USAAF and their B-17.
Take planeset from 2.TAF/ 9. USAAF and from german attack 1.1.1945. This is real correct planesets. We have many materieals from this day for both sides and Luftwaffe was this day powerfull yet.
Tempest and Me-262 is equal to achieve. But Tempest is not Gamechanger like Me-262, right? Tempest is equal with FW-190D-9 and Bf 109K-4.

And dont forget - nacis have all their toys on the best condition (FW-190D9 in the game is 2300PS beast, not common 1700-1900PS warplane). Allies dont have Typhoon, Mosquito, Spitfire XIV, P-51K, P-47M/N, B-17.
This all must be compared for fair play game and funny for both side. Then will allies on the server in equals numbers and will be OK. 
S

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I heard a rumor that when the tanks killed limit is exceeded the campaign map is finished.  Is this true or do tank columns simply stop being generated as stated in the manual?

The developers have provided me-262 in the game, I paid money for the game, why if someone is crying and he does not like the plane I should not fly on it? Why do we need a server that cleans planes of which there are so few? For example, Men don’t like that the P-38 can carry 1800 kg of bombs and after the reset turns into a full-fledged high-speed fighter, which is why the targets are quickly destroyed. The ME-262 has poor maneuverability and if you see its attack, it’s easy to dodge, if you do not look back at least sometimes it may be you are a bad pilot and a crybaby?

• Haha 4
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, SCG_Gustav_Hagel said:

I agree about the planeset, I discussed in the previous pages, just check there.

Quite contradictory stating that a skilled 262 would engage a dogfight, if he does, he's not skilled at all. Strategy wouldn't change as much what we are currently seeing during peak times when skilled pilots grab one. What I'm saying is that during peak times it's hard to vulch because there are always someone flying/climbing around the airfield area, of reds quit, 262s will be looking, instead of looking for targets flying towards the objectives, for targets on the ground since they know there will be few trying to intercept them. It turns to a snow ball.

I agree that 262 is different kind of plane and needs different set of rules to fly one. It would be good to see the k/d ratio of the 262s, so we could analyze how impactful it is and think what could be changed regarded it's availability, if it should be restricted, let's say 1 or 2 per player flr the whole campaign, etc...

Not in a dogfight as an dogfight we usually see with props, just doing 262 stuff but over objectives.

But i agree on full server it would be hard for 262 to vulch airfields, seems problem lays in easy 262 access and supply flight exploit which grants bigger numbers of airborne 262s and when divided over spawn airfields no wonder server peak times become rarity.

It's an wicked circle!

But again my main reason i stopped flying is cos they excluded Spit from map#2 so i have no goal to earn something and keeping it.

For 262s, personally shooting it down with Spit is biggest reward and that's why i'd like it to be included in campaign, when flying axis i don't care about 262....Dora and k4/g14 are enough, even 110g2 is a good match vs. Allied late war fighters.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, CSW_606_Tempik said:

And dont forget - nacis have all their toys on the best condition (FW-190D9 in the game is 2300PS beast, not common 1700-1900PS warplane).

1700-1900HP on combat power (depending on altitude), 2130 on emergency power at sea level, check IL-2 plane stats and your references again.

No, germans don't have Bf-109 G-14 ASM or G-14 AS, neither G-10.

Edited by SCG_Gustav_Hagel

33 minutes ago, SCG_Limbo said:

I heard a rumor that when the tanks killed limit is exceeded the campaign map is finished.  Is this true or do tank columns simply stop being generated as stated in the manual?

I have the same question for aircraft.

Each side on each map has limits of lost aircraft, pilots, tanks and trucks visible on the main TAW page.

· if aircraft or pilot limit is exceeded then current map is lost

· if tank limit is exceeded then tank convoys are not generated

· if truck limit is exceeded then supply convoys are reduced by half in number of vehicles.

Limits for the current map can be increased by warehouses and ships.

Different maps may have different number of limits at the beginning for each side. In Axis offensive map Axis have more limits and for the first several missions they mainly attack by tanks convoy. Similarly in Allied counteroffensive map Allied have advantage in limits and tanks convoys at the beginning.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, SCG_Gustav_Hagel said:

1700-1900HP on combat power (depending on altitude), 2130 on emergency power at sea level, check IL-2 plane stats and your references again.

No, germans don't have Bf-109 G-14 ASM or G-14 AS, neither G-10.

I dont care Il2 plane stats. In real test this speed had tested FW 190D-9 with  "Surface primed and polished and
Radiator flap in front of the air intake fixed in flush position, engine sealed"
 Standard speed for D-9 is 575-592 km/h
More german tests is here http://www.wwiiaircraftperformance.org/fw190/fw190d9test.html

But K-4 is better, then G-14ASM/AS/G10. That is the diferent. 

Edited by CSW_606_Tempik

Posted (edited)

no airplane is better or worse...it is and will be always the pilot that makes the difference!

And this game isnt and will never be historical arrcurate. most of you forgot one thing: ITS A F#CKING GAME! We dont have the battle stress, we dont need to fly just after our friends got killed and our families got burned, we dont feel the exhaustion of constant battles etc etc. IT IS JUST A GAME! and no one of us will ever experience what it is to fight in the airbattles of wwII...so no one of us has any right to say whats historical and whats not. you want something historical accurate...ok then accept that in the real wwII most of the time one side was just hammered and destroyed and flew with heavy heavy disadvantages. so play the game or leave if you are not happy. and most importent let the taw devs do their work. and they make an awesome job!! they are the only people with the right to decide which planeset and scenario is used nor not. if someone of you isnt happy with their decisions you are free to open your own online campaign...*irony on* i'm sure it will be awesome and much much better than taw! *irony off*

Edited by JG4_Ammi
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 7

Ammi. You have 101 streak. Can you this in P-47 next time? U are best pilot and  between planes are not difference 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 7

3 minutes ago, JG4_Ammi said:

~WordsWordsWords~

Translation:  Please, pretty please nobody take my 262 and away!  BTW be sure to log in so I can shoot you down, if you don't you're a big pussoise, thanks.

Get a grip man, nobody here needs this bizarre lecture, ok?

• Like 6
  • Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, 7.GShAP/Silas said:

Translation:  Please, pretty please nobody take my 262 and away!  BTW be sure to log in so I can shoot you down, if you don't you're a big pussoise, thanks.

Get a grip man, nobody here needs this bizarre lecture, ok?

giphy.gif

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, JG4_Ammi said:

and most importent let the taw devs do their work. and they make an awesome job!! they are the only people with the right to decide which planeset and scenario is used nor not. if someone of you isnt happy with their decisions you are free to open your own online campaign

Your obvious nonsense aside, this TAW was meant to be a test and not a real campaign and most people treated it that way. So i don't really get your whole tantrum because the TAW devs want feedback. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

51 minutes ago, JG4_Ammi said:

no airplane is better or worse...it is and will be always the pilot that makes the difference!

This is one of those cliches that gets passed around all the time on this forum (and every other flight sim forum) that is just completely untrue on its face. 

54 minutes ago, CSW_606_Tempik said:

Ammi Tienes 101 rachas. ¿Puedes esto en P-47 la próxima vez? U eres el mejor piloto y entre aviones no hay diferencia 🙂

Ammi is a good pilot, he knows where to ride; if you give him a Po2, he also knows how to position himself to shoot down people who take off from the rear lines, only it will take him 4 hours.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, =M=shammy said:

We actually simulate them reasons pretty well - 90% of LW pilots on any server are patrolling at 7 km, while Allied pilots doing their job. 

Actually - If you look at the % of aircraft lost on both sides, they do not support your hypothesis. 

So much vitriol being being flung around on this thread.

chill out, peace and love n all that maaaaan...

🦠

Posted (edited)

Me262 cant make much deference in this map’s result, as it didn't in real life.

Many great red squads out there doing great job and have some nice results over targets.

Me262 just playing around don't bother..

;)

P.S. better planes - are exists and always will.

Edited by KG200_Achilleus

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, CSW_606_Tempik said:

I dont care Il2 plane stats. In real test this speed had tested FW 190D-9 with  "Surface primed and polished and
Radiator flap in front of the air intake fixed in flush position, engine sealed"
 Standard speed for D-9 is 575-592 km/h
More german tests is here http://www.wwiiaircraftperformance.org/fw190/fw190d9test.html

But K-4 is better, then G-14ASM/AS/G10. That is the diferent. 

Do yourself a favor and read your own link before saying such non sense. The values for our currently D-9 has around 3-5km/h error, that's pretty accurate for the sim.

Read the Lutz Naudet and then subsequently the author conclusion starting from Report 3 of Wk Nr. 210002. Then read other authors conclusion. It's shameful that in the age of information, people select the information out of context to justify their own beliefs. Fremdschämen 🥱

Edited by SCG_Gustav_Hagel
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Prancingkiller said:

the axis is favorite by the plane set, and people on allied quit because of the 262 unbalance, so the axis is favorite by the setup, that's what i'm saying.

red side on map 2 have never been even close to win.

You are right, I thought destroying tanks was a win condition. Map#2 was a disaster for the Allies.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, SCG_Gustav_Hagel said:

Do yourself a favor and read your own link before saying such non sense. The values for our currently D-9 has around 3-5km/h error, that's pretty accurate for the sim.

Read the Lutz Naudet and then subsequently the author conclusion starting from Report 3 of Wk Nr. 210002. Then read other authors conclusion. It's shameful that in the age of information, people select the information out of context to justify their own beliefs. Fremdschämen 🥱

Sea level Speed isnt corect. 

• Confused 1

After pages and pages of reading crying over 262 and p47 and this and that.. 

Shut up. 

Harden the fuck up. 

I am an below the average pilot. Maybe with 250h on this game and no flight sims prior. This means i die a lot. Get shot down a lot, ditching a lot etc. You get the picture. I usually pick the side with lesser amount of players to balance the teams. Wether my presence is a balancing factor or not can be rightfully judged. This taw i misjudged the teambalance while regisgering and ended up flying germans. And i usually spend my time on virtual pilots, taw or combat box. 

While i have been vulched at times, i have been killed by superior enemy planes to my own, i have been rear gunned to insta pilot kill, rarely have i found the blame in anything else than my own and/or my squad mates flying. Not seeing the enemy, not checking six, loosing track of buddies, doing stupid manouvers, not setting enemies up correctly to my buddies, not communicating clearly, yelling at my buddies, forgetting lights on, cooking the engines, shooting poorly, etc etc. 

It is extremely important to recognize when one get outplayed. And im not saying out performed. Out played. Honestly i have utterly hard time understanding, why ppl have so much trouble on admitting they fucked up. In a fucking video game. 

If you'd take 60 ugly erics with f/a 18's against 20 of the top il2 aces in e-7's and i-16's, the hornets wouldn't win with guns only engagement.

If you feel the planesets to be the reason you perform poorly, it is not. It is your poor skills to adapt to different situations. Obviousely there are ppl, who might be extremely good in one plane and utter piece of overgrown cockhair in the next, but even that is not a balance factor. 

Now, I do hope we'd see more bombers with meaningful bombloads on allied side. I do hope we'd see another jet for allied team. I do hope we'd get more brits in game. I do hope we'd get the japs, the franks and the god damn tuttifruttis in game. But as of now, these are the planes we have. Learn to play with them, or play something else. Not a single soul on this earth could give more than zero fucks of your tears of inbalance. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 5

Posted (edited)

TAW has ended in a draw this season, shoutout to  @-332FG-Magic_Zach for losing the very last allied aircraft!

S~ to all fellow aviators, its been a fun ride for me!

Edited by -332FG-Cii
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

It was a good war. Only very short in time.
Thank you very much LG!

Please tell me, will the next war be on the western front or on the eastern?

5 minutes ago, II./JG51WaIther said:

When will the new company begin?

Based on the amount of whining, crying, disrespecting and utter dick whingling on the last twenty odd pages, in place of katon i would say:

Ya'll can go and suck a bowl of dicks in any server. TAW is done. 

Honestly i am surprised they keep doing this and getting shat on time and time again. 

• Upvote 6

Hello everyone, first of all congratulate the creators of the taw, again I have done my best and my war thunder team has managed to arrive with deaths / captures 0 at the end of the campaign of the Russian side, I can only say that the  people complain too much, in statistics I have shown that you can play Russian perfectly, have good results and not die, I think the problem is that many people in this community speak too much and play too little, this is not an opinion that I write  , in the statistics my words are supported, I am tired of mediocre players who think they are real pilots, if you want to actually buy an airplane, I encourage these players who talk so much to play war of warplanes or Air Combat 7 I think they are games that  those will like it and I think that is where you have to be, that is your place, let professional players play now, let us do our game at once and stop bothering the administrators of the  taw, please buy Air Combat 7 you have it for PS4 too and let us play easy and evolve, anyway I will show you on my YouTube channel how to do it so you don't die

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, JG4_Ammi said:

Unbenannt.png

This is what makes a good fighter pilot.

Having met you in the skies during this TAW few times, I can say you are really hard one to catch. Never engaging in a long fight, never being greedy - you just pop out of nowhere, strike, and disengage before enemy can react. Accept my sincere congratulations!

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

This war has been something completely new and interesting for me. I've made my first flights on allied aircraft, found some of them very potent (Mustang for example) and some of them just a complete garbage (hello, mr Jug, never gonna fly you again :D). Looking forward for the next western front campaign with further improvements, keep up the good work, TAW team!

Some general observations below

Allies vs Germans is a matchup which will need more testing in future, I believe, and it's not only the 262, but the overall balance (like excluding 2x2000lbs on Lightninng for being imba), as well as the ground force balance. Not 100% sure, but it seems to me, that on the first map ground forces made their progress with not much help from the pilots.  And my overall impression of this campaign (tho I flew not much) is that there were too much fighters and too little ground attack planes on both sides, especially blue one. In fact in almost 20 hours I've seen one 111, zero Ju and 110s and only a couple of 190F, tho I've spent most of this time covering red ground targets. Most planes I've encountered were Doras and K4s, and that fact was rather unusual for me, as I love TAW for intense ground attack action. Maybe just unluck, donno.

Another completely new thing - much greater distances, that made almost all of the sorties 1hr+, but I guess it's more historically accurate for western front. You need much more time to get to action, wtich is sad for me, need to cope with that. I wish to see more like frontline small fields, with maybe strongly limited amount of planes to avoid unnesessary dogfight.

And another big issue is win conditions for this particular matchup. We now have limited amount of personal planes and lives which is ok and fine, but at the same time we have overall limit of planes for the whole side. And take a look at last map: LW won without pushing much pressure on the ground, but rather by just killing a lot of planes. It means you don't need ground attack AC to achieve victory when you have most of your fighters able to oneshot any opponent with mk108. As you may remember, LW were forced to adapt this gun to counter large bombers like Fortresses and Liberators, but we don't have these in game, but still have mk108 on almost any latewar fighters except Dora. This, I believe, in addition to 262 makes LW team much more potent in just killing all your planes, which LW team demonstrated us on both maps (first one, if you remember, was almost lost by allied plane limit). Is it okay for this server? I think this needs to be discussed, coz again and again I say that groun action is a key feature of TAW for me.

P.S. I don't want to be involved in this absolutely toxic 262 discussion ("learntofly, youjustacrybaby" and other shit), just wanted to share my impresssions and suggestions on that exciting campaign.

Posted (edited)

Thanks to @=LG=Kathon and his team for this first version of the Western-Front-TAW! It was a first version of this TAW-Scenario, and for a "first version" it was pretty good! Despite all the complaints on the last pages of this thread, there was still some constructive criticism and good suggestions. This is what helps to make TAW better! Maybe we should focus on this kind of posts and try to keep all the personal bullshit out of here. 

Edited by JG4_Knipser
  • Upvote 9

when does the XXII campaign begin ?

1 hour ago, JG4_Ammi said:

Unbenannt.png

With all respect Ammi,

this is a main advise of what a pilot could do so he can “live to fight another day”, as many other examples like it..

The plane factor is a totally deferent story which has many many other factors to calculate.

For example, how many are the attackers and how many are the defenders, which plane both of them have and what are each plane’s advantage and disadvantage etc..

Another example, pick with your teamate a G-14(not to say Emils), and try to go intercept a couple of P-38 bombers escorted by 4-6 P-51s..

The result is almost certain, you will be killed or bailed no mater your altitude advance and speed because some time soon the P-51s will eventually catch you both.(when talking about an average veteran teams and not novices).

Now, the same last example do it again with a Dora or K4 605DC.

the result, almost every time you can go unharmed back home safe and sound, with some serious casualties on the enemy.

In Random Expert i was flying most time alone, and no one could ever caught me, even if some times i was alone with an F4 and about 6-8 Yaks around me.And i was low alt patrolling and intercepting all time, no camping no high altitude patrolling.

So, plane is the first factor, the others just follow..;)

S!

• Like 1

phat-sign-wontstop-ime-because-i-cant-read-31950958.thumb.jpg.720ee011796b873425cc503ec22e8918.jpg

Thank you all for participating in the campaign. Eastern front campaign starts soon but not so soon.

• Haha 2

Anaconda u are amazing ..... i can imagine, allied side can win first map thx to your professional help no? ah! u dont played first map?..... welll .... then thx to your professional help we lost last second map. thx .... and one little thing .... u dont played on russian side, u played on allied side in west front ..

will be nice get your help on russian side for east front ... especially if you fly more than 10 missions, and not only fly enought mission for be on stats and stop play when you are ..... i mean along the whole war.

Look my stats on cini tarako ... i can show you is possible fly for first time, like a noob, for axis side and have practically one  enemy kill per sortie without death ..... along 8 missions .... is true, that dont say too much ..... but seems for you, anecdotical data is relevant ... Because really, your contribution for this taw is anecdotica ...

And really .... before send people to fly another games and teach to the rest how fabolous you are ... think a little ... because you are really pedant and say nosense things.

This last taw is suposed to test right? people have to made some feedback, or not is a test?

Lets go play next taw

Again thx to admins for your work

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, =L/R=todeskvlt said:

Thank you all for participating in the campaign. Eastern front campaign starts soon but not so soon.

Hallo to everyone. Big thanks to all who stay behind this project. Now when I have more time to play (currently "working" from home) I really enjoy playing TAW. My question is how approximately is "soon but not so soon"? Days, weeks...? What is stopping TAW from starting next campaign right after the old one finished? Is it funding, and if so, can donations help? 

about super players ... that means not is the plane is the pilot....

on true are both things.... if you are a mediocre player on better plane you improve.... if you are good pilot ( as can be Ami ) and have a untochable plane... then you are practicaly god. From this point of view.... m262 no have counterpart in this map... and for this reasson .... plane factor is allways present.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, =YU=igiboy99 said:

My question is how approximately is "soon but not so soon"?

Maybe two weeks, maybe one month. No one knows...

What is stopping TAW from starting next campaign right after the old one finished?

If you read all posts written during every campaign you will see that most of people need a break ;) 
Kathon need time to make some changes and TAW is not his full time job

Is it funding, and if so, can donations help? 

Come to the website and you will see big yellow button with Donate text. Thank you

http://taw.stg2.de/supporters.php

Edited by =L/R=todeskvlt
  • Upvote 1

Jg4 Eisbaer

I really respect jG4 , especially some old members , and dont respect your because your  stats results are good( that are really good and i want congrat to your squad ) 

I see JG4 doing huge bomb raids at high level , i had good combats trying evitate this bombs runs. I was defeated most of times. Jg4 have a great pilots, and usually made important things for win maps. And good performance too.

• Like 1