=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Posted (edited)

I share screenshots of departure of 11 Ju-88 in the last mission. unfortunately I do not have the ability to record video some time. Overall the flight was good, met resistance over the aim (the plant), but bombed very well. 
P.S. fighters, thanks for cover, Foxbat - for skins, Faber for participation

0.jpg

0a.jpg

0б.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Edited by 1/SG2_Hummels
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, 1/SG2_Hummels said:

I share screenshots of departure of 11 Ju-88 in the last mission. unfortunately I do not have the ability to record video some time. Overall the flight was good, met resistance over the aim (the plant), but bombed very well. 
P.S. fighters, thanks for cover, Foxbat - for skins, Faber for participation

190619_Ju88_STG2.thumb.jpg.96853566216e4d28c56022dea9c31880.jpg

Thanks to the SG2 for inviting me to the formation flight this evening, with 11 x Ju88 to Maikop Depot.

It was my second flight with your squad, we damaged target nicely, but had some losses due to red fighter cover there.

Great fun again 😉

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

What server has P-47 reliably and some people to pew pew at?

Major disappointment this TAW was this removal of BoBP planes.  

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, CptSiddy said:

What server has P-47 reliably and some people to pew pew at?

Major disappointment this TAW was this removal of BoBP planes.  

I think your best bet is the Combat Box server Siddy.

Posted (edited)

Really disappointed with the choice to not include BOBP Aircraft for the final map...

Probably doesn't help NA times...

Edited by SCG_Sinerox
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

12 hours ago, SCG_Riksen said:

I think your best bet is the Combat Box server Siddy.

Yeah CB has the Jug on all maps and decent server numbers.

Posted (edited)

That is all what you should know about the weather on  the TAW server.

Weather.png

Edited by Norz

Doesn't help with the lack of new planes

Last TAW on map  #8 we had almost full servers if I remember correctly...

8 hours ago, SCG_Sinerox said:

Doesn't help with the lack of new planes

Last TAW on map  #8 we had almost full servers if I remember correctly...

Yeah, the lack of planes really made many people go "meh, TAW is over anyway and the airfields are horribad, ill sit this one out" 

We are on the last airfield....

I asked Kathon about the possibility of using "road strips" as airfields in the Kuban map where there are large gaps between airbases - basically finding straight, flat stretches of road without trees lining them of course.  He said they would think about it, so that's something.

He mentioned it's typically easy to take off, but difficult to land without damaging your aircraft.  But from the way I see it, it at least provides an option for some who might want to take the chance, and be closer to the friendly/enemy ground forces to protect/attack than the current situation.  Also, if the pilots are not confident about landing on these road strips, they can always choose to fly longer routes back to a main airfield.  As mentioned prior, the gap between some of the airfields in Kuban is IMO the biggest drawback of this map.

• Sad 1

Make shift runways to where planes took of without landing back is not unusual in times of war. 

5 minutes ago, CptSiddy said:

Make shift runways to where planes took of without landing back is not unusual in times of war. 

Indeed - also, they could be “fighter only” strips with limited numbers of planes so the concept is not abused.

Posted (edited)

Are we getting a surprise map 9 with Bodenplatte planes?:crazy:

On a more serious note it would be cool to utilize some of the far south east coastal airfields and the far west peninsula with Ship Convoys in place of tank convoys.

Edited by -332FG-Garven
  • Like 1

Thanks for the nice hours TAW Team.
We enjoyed it again, with all highs and lows.
We should talk about some changes up to a new TAW. It was a pleasure to coordinate with new pilots or squads.
Many Thanks
Jagdgeschwader 4

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Many thanks for the campaign.

I hope that the next campaign will start soon. 

P.S: The axis team did excelent work on the last map. Can someone explain why it was not done in the same way on the first maps ? 

Edited by Norz

7 minutes ago, Norz said:

P.S: The axis team did excelent work on the last map. Can someone explain why it was not done in the same way on the first maps ? 

Because in the first couple of maps the Allies have equal or better fighters.  This causes many Axis players to just not bother flying those maps.   The Allies do not get parity again until the final map when they get the Spit IX.

On behalf of Letka 13 I want say thanks to devs for creating and running TAW and thanks to all the pilots who took part in the campaign. Fights were tought, intense and merciless. All the victories and defeats, chases and escapes, landings and crashes, direct hits and close calls, We enjoyed all of it!

Thanks to TAW some of our inactive pilots became active and joined online fights again with more intending to do so in the following campaing! Big win for us.

We are all looking forward to the next one.

Letka_13/Kami-

• Thanks 1

Never a dull moment in Campaign 18.

Contents: Profanity, Pretty Girls, We Got Ebola? Unknown Buckaroo Banzai Suicide Jockey, Wassup Bitches! Peshkas Are So Rude, Necathor, Not Captured, Wrecked Tank Columns...

• Like 12
  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Norz said:

Many thanks for the campaign.

I hope that the next campaign will start soon. 

Pe2 +3 Live System and Blue Teamplay

Edited by JG4_Widukind

This was my first full campaign where I played extensively....Yes, I got hooked...better than crack.  Thanks TAW team!

• Like 6

Many thanks to the TAW dev team, the blue comrades, and the challenging red opponents for many nerve-wracking hours immersed in a believable virtual war that fortunately only costs virtual life and assets. I'm looking forward to the next round.

Posted (edited)
7 часов назад, Norz сказал:

Because on the map of Kuban, long distances from fields to the front line, and the main tactic of the allies is to throw bombs on Pe-2 planes that are 2 squares from their airfield.
 This was nowhere and never before, so that the airfields on which the combat squadrons were based were located 1-2-3 squares from the front line.
100km - Such a dislocation was in order to avoid a bomb strike, and the loss of all aircraft. Airstrike airfields - yes, but no matter how not the airfield with the main squadrons from where all take off.
    And my personal opinion. The fields are too close to the front line, this turns the server into a dog fight.

Edited by II./JG51Grasser
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, II./JG51Grasser said:

throw bombs on Pe-2 planes that are 2 squares from their airfield.

Are you sure?  I have opened the first mission (randomly)

https://taw.stg2.de/pilots_mission.php?mission_id=393

All targets are in 30 km (at least). Technically speaking 3 is x1.5 more than 2.

All red targets are in 30 km for the axis team also.

To be honest I don't understand how you can use this advantage (30 km) for the red team. You have 120 minutes to destroy the targets and this 30 km distance does not play any role for that period.

Edited by Norz

3 hours ago, II./JG51Grasser said:

Because on the map of Kuban, long distances from fields to the front line, and the main tactic of the allies is to throw bombs on Pe-2 planes that are 2 squares from their airfield.
 This was nowhere and never before, so that the airfields on which the combat squadrons were based were located 1-2-3 squares from the front line.
100km - Such a dislocation was in order to avoid a bomb strike, and the loss of all aircraft. Airstrike airfields - yes, but no matter how not the airfield with the main squadrons from where all take off.
    And my personal opinion. The fields are too close to the front line, this turns the server into a dog fight.

To be frank, this is same what Axis does. No one is hauling stuka or 110 with bombs to 50km round trips nearly as often as you think.

It is not the proximity, its the arrangement. You have 1 field that can be bombed from 4 axis fields in reasonable time, and no such configuration for VVS, they all have to travel considerable distance once Krasnodar is taken out.  Just unfortunate field placing that breaks the camels back when krasnodar is closed.

• Like 2

Thanks to the admin for all the fun they offer us with this campaign, I would like to ask if in the future editions it will be possible to increase the importance of recon? For example before being able to attack an airport it will be necessary to have a good recon on it, same thing for the depots, before attacking them it will be necessary to find them

• Like 4

Thanks for another great campaing, it was a lot of fun to fly it, looking forward for a next one!

And a big shoutout for =LG= and JG4 for flying together, we had a blast!

TAW18_sklejka.jpg

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Norz said:

It is interesting that Allies won all of the maps except for the two Kuban maps, so seems likely the arrangements of the airfields/cities in Kuban must favor of the Axis for some reason.  In general, the answer seems to simple to me:  Axis has too many wannabe Erich Hartmanns and not nearly enough Hans-Ulrich Rudels:  Killing ground targets is what wins a map and if you look at the top 50 ground killing pilots for the campaign you see 31 VVS pilots versus 19 Luftwaffe pilots and the total number of ground targets destroyed for these pilots were 17,908 (VVS) versus 10,704 (Luftwaffe).  (Any way to easily dial up the total number of ground kills for both sides?)

Is there anyway to view the stats of previous campaigns to verify my hypothesis to see if Axis was closer on the ground kill count for campaigns they won?

Edited by SCG_Limbo
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, StG77_HvB said:

Never a dull moment in Campaign 18.

Contents: Profanity, Pretty Girls, We Got Ebola? Unknown Buckaroo Banzai Suicide Jockey, Wassup Bitches! Peshkas Are So Rude, Necathor, Not Captured, Wrecked Tank Columns...

Thanks to StG77 and all friends.

On this TAW the commissar give the directive to protect all StG77 bombers, no one can die on my watch. 

Thanks to made me famous "H".

Admins, thanks for this TAW and keep all dreaming waiting for the next one

"It´s two a.m. fear is gone, I´m sittin´ here waiting, the gun still warm"

"Soon you will come to know, when the bullet hits the bone"

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

3 часа назад, SCG_Limbo сказал:

It is interesting that Allies won all of the maps except for the two Kuban maps, so seems likely the arrangements of the airfields/cities in Kuban must favor of the Axis for some reason.  In general, the answer seems to simple to me:  Axis has too many wannabe Erich Hartmanns and not nearly enough Hans-Ulrich Rudels:  Killing ground targets is what wins a map and if you look at the top 50 ground killing pilots for the campaign you see 31 VVS pilots versus 19 Luftwaffe pilots and the total number of ground targets destroyed for these pilots were 17,908 (VVS) versus 10,704 (Luftwaffe).  (Any way to easily dial up the total number of ground kills for both sides?)

Is there anyway to view the stats of previous campaigns to verify my hypothesis to see if Axis was closer on the ground kill count for campaigns they won?

I agree with this. Especially in the last map, the initial setup was really in favor to Blue team. First, 7 Blue AFs vs 5 Red AFs in a large map! Second, suicidal attack of the tank convoy to Gelendzhik in 1st mission on this map. If I recall correctly, Gelendzhik always belonged to Reds prior to this campaign. Add  to it the time of switching to Cuban map when there were just few players, so next mission and Akhturskaya got closed because of close Blues tank column, leaving Reds with just one front-line AF and giving Blues huge strategic advantage over the battlefield.

Can the reds retain the La-5 through the last maps? I guess the 5FN is meant to be its replacement, but it’s a premium plane that some of us don’t have.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, WokeUpDead said:

Can the reds retain the La-5 through the last maps? I guess the 5FN is meant to be its replacement, but it’s a premium plane that some of us don’t have.

I second this. Plus, afaik, the La5-FN and the La-5F were produced simultaneously during 1943 (even if it's the bubble top La-5F which we don't have).

• Upvote 2

On 6/23/2019 at 5:00 PM, 56RAF_Roblex said:

Because in the first couple of maps the Allies have equal or better fighters.  This causes many Axis players to just not bother flying those maps.   The Allies do not get parity again until the final map when they get the Spit IX.

The Allies have worse aircraft until the yak 1b... the Mig and the F2 are the only comparable aircraft early war, the Germans have almost complete advantage in performance (I fly Red irregularly) Only until the La5FN do the Reds finally get something that can out perform the 109 and 190 at low (below 3k) altitude. 

Germans did well on the last few maps because no-one on the red side was on... 

I'd also like to chime in on the Hartmann and Rudel thing. German pilots, in my experience flying both sides... are objectively not as good. It makes sense, the German stuff is easier to fly (Hard to master through) and the better pilots are definitely on the Red side.

• Like 5

On 6/24/2019 at 6:19 PM, SCG_Limbo said:

In general, the answer seems to simple to me:  Axis has too many wannabe Erich Hartmanns and not nearly enough Hans-Ulrich Rudels:  Killing ground targets is what wins a map and if you look at the top 50 ground killing pilots for the campaign you see 31 VVS pilots versus 19 Luftwaffe pilots

Yep...you can take more aircraft out of the air by bombing the depot, that you can by shooting them down one at a time :) 

58 minutes ago, Pict said:

Yep...you can take more aircraft out of the air by bombing the depot, that you can by shooting them down one at a time :) 

But did amount of airplanes available actually get depleted in any of the 8 maps?  (I know Axis lost all of its tanks on the second to last map.)  Tanks capturing cites/airfields is actually what changes the maps, and direct ground attacks in support of your tanks, or destroying enemy tanks,  is what makes the most difference in terms of winning the war in my opinion.  I would say that directly damaging airfields would be the next most important thing--perhaps some would say this is more important.