=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

6 minutes ago, Norz said:

Did i say that we don't need some chages? But the general problem is the number of the red players. All these talks about "meta" will not change the number. Some small plane set improvements can do it.

Disagree, sign up sheets based on time zones will do it. Plane set get's adjusted every TAW and so far balance has not changed.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, 7./JG26_Smokejumper said:

Disagree, sign up sheets based on time zones will do it. Plane set get's adjusted every TAW and so far balance has not changed.

Europa prime time: 45 axis vs 30 reds. How can we solve it with the sign up sheets?

40 minutes ago, Norz said:

Did i say that we don't need some chages? But the general problem is the number of the red players. All these talks about "meta" will not change the number. Some small plane set improvements can do it.

No you are just taking the easy road by being negative instead of adding anything constructive to the discussion. 

12 minutes ago, Norz said:

Europa prime time: 45 axis vs 30 reds. How can we solve it with the sign up sheets?

Europe prime time was never the real issue (even though LW were taking up red slots). The real issue are the non prime time hours as you can clearly see on the graphs linked several times in this thread.

9 minutes ago, Operatsiya_Ivy said:

Europe prime time was never the real issue (even though LW were taking up red slots). The real issue are the non prime time hours as you can clearly see on the graphs linked several times in this thread.

My last calculation said that the axis side has +35% more flight hours than the red team. These hours cannot be in the EU night.

Posted (edited)

Kick spectators with a 15 minute ban after ~5 minutes and a huge loophole that was proven to be a serious problem earlier in the campaign will be closed.

Edited by 7.GShAP/Silas
  • Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Norz said:

My last calculation said that the axis side has +35% more flight hours than the red team. These hours cannot be in the EU night.

pilots_taw_1d.png

As you can see, it is a much bigger timeframe then just EU night. (UTC-5:00)

This is for TAW devs. I consider it as a bug. If you get shot by friendly AAAs and bailed out, you got penalized by loosing the plane and negative score. It occurred to me twice, one was over our defense that I tried to protect, another one above friendly AF when I attacked a bomber.

I don't think the pilot should be penalized by dumb action of our AAAs.

well it's over! Thanks admins for another fun time!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for the campaign for all who participated.

In my huge 27 hours of flight, I had fun flying with my squadmates and doing missions. That`s what I seek from MP and that`s what I got. Simple man, simple standards for fun 😀

But improvement is good, I hope next rounds there will be some but it will never satisfy everyones needs, sadly. 

Anyways, thanks and see you!

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the campaign! Sadly, I didn't get as much time in as I wanted but had a great time nonetheless. So, any idea when the next will start?

Posted (edited)
10 часов назад, Operatsiya_Ivy сказал:

However i think most of us can agree that the current capture system needs a rework. I don't think anyone besides Kathon fully knows how it works but it is weird that you have a 80%/65% chance to escape when getting shot down at the depot and at the same time you have the same chances of getting capture when you are in friendly territory but close to the frontline. 

From my opinion, chance of capture should be high no matter where you bail out / crashed. Far away from the front line, well, you are alone and how are you planning to get back to your friends through the whole enemy territory. If you are close to front line, it's even harder, with all enemies concentrated around and watching you crashing... they are gonna hunt and try to capture you for any costs. It was a fact that pilots risk their life to cross the border even in a heavily damaged craft; otherwise the capture was unavoidable. Why to make it different here.

My main concerns:

1.AFs/Depots AAA protection is very weak.

2.Plane guns should not destroy buildings, only bombs.

2.Flying low over AFs/Depots should be suicidal, way too much ammunition concentrated there to risk it left unattented

3.Logic for creating tank columns and drop-zone needs to be re-factored.

4.Flying over enemy territory should be dangerous and very risky with high chance to be spotted. I don't think enemy planes could fly freely over enemy territory unless they won air superiority like US/British in 45s but once again they were very visible. Germans just didn't have resources to stop them.

5.Penalty for suicidal missions should be greater (how to find out what it is, the source for discussion)

6.Re-balancing the setup when one side has an advantage in pilots (source for discussion)

Once again, the rules apply to both parties so I don't think that creating them for both sides should favor only one side. So it will only make the server more sophisticated and less penetrable for some cheap exploits by some guys with mental problems for winning)))

Edited by 72AGs_Obi

46 minutes ago, II./JG1_Vonrd said:

So, any idea when the next will start?

+1 week

I would like to thank admin especially and all the players for this great  campaign!

The best IL-2 event!:dance:

• Thanks 1

We would like to thank all of you who donated the last Tactical Air War.   

"LLv24 Sincerely StableAce" thank you for your big donation:good:

donate_taw17.PNG.2fa6e0cdbc28a553578108c088d46f09.PNG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, StG2_Raven said:

"LLv24 Sincerely StableAce" thank you for your big donation:good:

donate_taw17.PNG.2fa6e0cdbc28a553578108c088d46f09.PNG

HI!

It´s a collection from the whole LLv24 Squadron.

Stableace though said that he financed a new TV with this but thank god he lied and money went there where it was supposed to go ;)

Thank You for the nice server and campaign!

See you all in next TAW!

br,

-Veccu-

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks to Admin for this great campaign.

After many attemptes the italian pilots, this time worked as one team with name of Reagia Aeronautica, we placed in the top 20.

Many thanks

Best regards

4 hours ago, 72AGs_Obi said:

My main concerns:

1.AFs/Depots AAA protection is very weak.

2.Plane guns should not destroy buildings, only bombs.

2.Flying low over AFs/Depots should be suicidal, way too much ammunition concentrated there to risk it left unattented

3.Logic for creating tank columns and drop-zone needs to be re-factored.

4.Flying over enemy territory should be dangerous and very risky with high chance to be spotted. I don't think enemy planes could fly freely over enemy territory unless they won air superiority like US/British in 45s but once again they were very visible. Germans just didn't have resources to stop them.

5.Penalty for suicidal missions should be greater (how to find out what it is, the source for discussion)

6.Re-balancing the setup when one side has an advantage in pilots (source for discussion)

1. No it's not. When the AA is intact, it's very dangerous and challenging to get out of there alive. Fast low level attacks work - just as they did historically. I think RAF specialized on the topic (that and night time lvl bombing). Problem is that AA does not get fixed fast enough and AF is vulnerably for several map rotations in a row.

2. I partly agree - but even now, it's not a single shot or even a single pass that destroys a building. Takes 2-4 passes - and therefore typically 100+ rounds of 20mm (or larger) High Explosive rounds. I don't find that unrealistic - and it requires a lot of time over the target area, - and if that is AF, then there is a warning visible on the map (or invitation to close by defending fighters)

2 (the second 2). No. Server does not support the player numbers to make this realistic - in real life, Murmansk had one of the most dense AAs in the world - yet LW made low level attacks against the harbor. Typically acceptable losses for a single mission were less than 5%, closer to 1-2%. If they were over 5%, the air crews got demoralized and even brass start to worry of attrition. If I remember right, after the first 1000 bombers attack to Germany (allied casualties 7% or so), mighty 8th had a one month break in missions to Germany to re-think their approach and to re-build the morale. If one ads more flak while player numbers remain the same, the loss ratio grows unbearable resulting in loss of jabo activity and soon players.

AF attacks were common tactic to prevent enemy air activity and should not be made impossible/suicidal. For example - study what allied did in Sicily campaign to keep JG77 of their back.

3. Agree

4. It is already dangerous. Problem is the 10km visual bubble. Wings of Lib has a radar on map that indicates location of enemy planes near AFs. If this could be implemented say with 20km radius on AFs and Depots... That would help the defence while still making attacks to these dangerous targets feasible. (IMO, nobody will fly lvl bombers if they can be traced more than that - again, player numbers becomes an issue to get fighter cover).

5. simple solution - death/bail out results always in a kick from the server - would increase rotation in the busy time. And bail out should be enough so as not to promote chute killing.

6. Balancing mechanisms easily creates new issues as has been seen. Even now it's hard to get enough of your own squad members to the server simultaneously - and if AF/Depots get more flak, if there is radar type prediction system etc - one needs to get even more organized than now to do some damage on these targets. For example, level bombers and fighter cover requires more players than defending a target.

So here are my suggestions:

1. Paras to RED, somehow...

2. Flak re-spawn at AFs and Depots at every mission start

3. If feasible, 20km radar to AFs and depots.

Ideally, I would suggest to admins to run a Gallup on possible changes on the front page of the server as here on the forum - we are few and loud 😉

Thanks again for the campaign. Even I don´t like a lot of things about the way is designed more like a competition instead as a war I kile the chanllenge and to have some fun with squad mates. 

Should we play the second round with the same rules? A lot of teams play one round for one side. It will be fair for them to suffer (or to enjoy)  once more.

Thank you again =LG= for another campaign. I have to admit that my participation this campaign severely waned for a variety of reasons, not all dealing with IL-2. 

I will say that how the campaign progressed, and how toxic the experience has become - it didn't help my motivation to play. I hope that the next campaign finds a way to resolve the most glaring campaign breaking issues so the game can return to being more fun and less like work. 

• Upvote 2

Hi guys, big thanks for the great campaign. I have only been able to experience it for the last few days but it was really nice. At the same time my first online experience in il2. I'm really looking forward to the next one. THX !!!

Posted (edited)

I would like to once again Thank TAW for their dedication to producing a Server and scenario we could have fun on.
During this campaign JG51Molders was ranked 63rd (82nd last map) among the playing groups.

We look forward to the next set of maps and can only wonder if the "new aircraft" that are ready will make an appearance in the next campaign.
Congratulations to the Axis side for taking 7 of the maps
Condolences to the Allied Side that took only a single hard fought map.
To the pilots who were killed by me, Sorry to the whole 8 of you.  Maybe next time.  Maybe not.
>S<
JG51_Ogg
CO JG51 Molders

Edited by JG51_Ogg
fixing a fact

11 hours ago, StG2_Raven said:

You guys just keep the server going - despite the unrealistic request of people that don't know much goes into keeping a LAMP Server up and running (...or maybe not ever know what a LAMP Server is - until Googling it after reading this).

People will never be fully satisfied, not matter what! 

Posted (edited)

Sneaky YAK. TAW mission7.

I think SCG squad could benefit from this video! haha :D.

Edited by Cookie-Monster
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

I wish we had a down vote for idiotic posts. So you got a lucky kill - what's the big deal? You are not the 1st person to sneak up on someone in a video game and definitely won't be the last.

Can we vote to ban someone for being a braggart?  

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Cookie-Monster said:

Don't make this mistake! w/ Sneaky YAK. TAW mission7.

I think SCG squad could benefit from this video! haha :D.

I had that one comin. Its was a great take out cause by a lack of attention and good high speed skills on Cookie Monsters part. We learn with humility. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, JG7_X-Man said:

I wish we had a down vote for idiotic posts. So you got a lucky kill - what's the big deal? You are not the 1st person to sneak up on someone in a video game and definitely won't be the last.

It's suppose to be some humor. why are you so defensive?  so serious! lol

Edited by Cookie-Monster

13 minutes ago, Cookie-Monster said:

It's suppose to be some humor. why are you so defensive?  so serious! lol

Eh, you took the time to make a video specifically for mocking someone and calling them out by name, then posted it on Youtube for the whole world to see and brought it to this thread and tagged a squadron. SCG_BOO is a good sport but c'mon, this was mean-spirited.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, RedKestrel said:

Eh, you took the time to make a video specifically for mocking someone and calling them out by name, then posted it on Youtube for the whole world to see and brought it to this thread and tagged a squadron. SCG_BOO is a good sport but c'mon, this was mean-spirited.

Well, it wasn't meant to be taken in that light and i'm sorry you feel that way. Yes SCG Boo is a  good sport indeed... 

12 hours ago, JG7_X-Man said:

You guys just keep the server going - despite the unrealistic request of people that don't know much goes into keeping a LAMP Server up and running (...or maybe not ever know what a LAMP Server is - until Googling it after reading this).

People will never be fully satisfied, not matter what! 

11 hours ago, JG7_X-Man said:

Wasn’t you just bragging about knowing what a LAMP server is?? 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, =IS=Rammzess said:

=LG=Kathon, show statistics of anti-aircraft guns please.

Show stats about the planes that were shot down by P2 gunner each map and compare them with the kills of the rest of the fighters. You will see which plane is the best red  fighter 

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Hey Admins, Thank you for this great Campaign!!!

Since the last two Campaigns Me and some Squadmembers of JG4 where thinking about changes on the Campaign to prevent Suicidemission, also some of the =LG= Members already heared of them. So here is the result of 4 Month of thinking and discussions within the JG4-Squadron:

At first some Points of Understanding:
My understanding is that the Tactical Air War Campaign should have a more "Hardcore-Historical" approach to some degree in comparison other servers in this Game, so with this in mind getting killed or captured shout have a massive impact and to be a real pain for the individual Pilot. I will try to give a Concept to achive this on a "moderate" way that not completely demoralizes people with approaches from other campaigns i flow in, but try to get every one a reason to rethink about every flight before they even take-off.

The Server has the "+1 System" so everyone can fly at least something, this is a good Thing that I will come back later on this. There are Players how fly often an some who can and will not, this must be noted. Also must be noted that some are better Pilots and some are not. There are Bomberpilots and Fighterpilots that face very different Risks on there flights. Also some Pilots doing Operational Tasks within there Squadron and will therefore not be able to constantly shoot down stuff. There are also Pilots who care about the Stats, the XP system and Pilots that do totally not.

All this and possibly a lot more needs to be considered when developing such a change in a given System.

The Way you get Aircraft is good in the System that you have and it should not be changed at all, but somehow the gears must be shifted... so which gear will be the right one. I think it should be the Aircrafts you lose not the one you get and I will work with this and the +1 System.

The Idea:

1. If a Player gets Killed or Captured, he should lose everything because he is "not there anymore" or "the new guy on the front again". So at first: the People looking at the Stats and XP... all the XP should be completely gone. If you get killed or captured on the last Map with 10000 XP you are at 0!

The Pilot already lost all its XP but some of them wont care, so how to be painful to them?

2. The Player was killed or captured, he loses ALL! his aircraft. Sounds hard right?... good. Because he is the new guy, take this old thing and come with us 😄 . A good Pilot is a good Pilot because of his skills, not his Aircraft so he will be soon back up again in his La-5 or Bf 109 G4... what ever he prefers.

When I say ALL I really mean ALL of them so for the maximum next two Hours he is out of the Game by definition... Not even Supply because it can be a Gamechanger to some Point. Time to rethink his actions and what was going wrong, especially what he did wrong.

Bad side-effect: Some People will possibly get more encouraged to Chute-shooting, but they will always do it as long as it is possible!

No XP, no Aircrafts... Is he out for the rest of the Campaign?... How should he fly again with no Aircraft left?

3. This is where I come back to the "+1 System": On the Next Mission (after those maximum two hours) he will get his +1 Aircrafts. This means he has after some Time to think at least something to fly with. It is not the best Material but we have Supplymissions for that ;) . But as I sad: it is not the Aircraft, it will always be the Pilot on the Stick. Aaaaaaaaaaaaand he is the new guy at the Unit ;)

With all this People need to Fly more "awake" and think about there actions and plans! flying alone is dangerous! flying head over heals is dangerous!

4. AAA at the Airfields and Depots should be back at the next Mission is also a good Idea i think

At the end I have some extras but I did not evaluated there impact, or if its even possible:

5. Squadron-Hangars: If one is constantly loosing Aircrafts it gets a problem for everyone.

6. Textinfos of enemy aircrafts are late and that is okey to give them all a chance (even a Po-2 :D), but they should have a Course and Altitude Info (even Altitude alone would be nice), if this is possible somehow

Just my thoughts...

Be aware: People with skill will always adapt to the situation they find them self in and not complain about it. (Should also be a good hint for some mostly annoying People in this threat!)

Thank you again for the GREATEST IL-2: BoX CAMPAIGN!!!

JG4_Kruger

PS.: lol, my first Post in this Forum ... sorry for some bad english😄

Edited by JG4_Kruger
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

HI .

Geramos I have flown PE2 almost exclusively, and now the gunners are not as before, sometimes they do not even respond to fire ...

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JG4_Kruger said:

The Idea:

Be aware: People with skill will always adapt to the situation they find them self in and not complain about it. (Should also be a good hint for some mostly annoying People in this threat!)

It will not work as expected. Why it is like this?

1. The 50% of the players do not have a lot of time to get all planes again and again, basically they do not have something to lose. These changes will turn the game for them into a nightmare. The player will loss the whole hangar maybe one or two times and just will not play anymore at all.

The right way is to make some limitations for the ADVANCED players and DO NOT limit some USUAL players. How

to calculate this?

Just to check the flight hours. Advanced player < Max(hours)/2 > usual player.

For the advanced player +3CM will be changed to +4CM or + 5CM, for the usual player it should stay +3CM or 2CM.

As I can see, only 50 (+-) players (it was about 325 active players players who played more than 25 hours) should be limited right now with this rule. These players can get a new plane without any trouble, they have enough time for that.

2. For 6 of 8 maps the AXIS planes definitely are better to survive than the VVS planes. The red players will suffer more than AXIS players.

3. No one will fly to depots or AFs, because the risk to be killed or to be captured is too high and it makes no difference do you have a cover or not. Some fighters will stay high over the targets and the chance to damage the bomber and be alive is like 99%.

4. The skill in this game for the player(s) who is mentioned in this topic is something like 2x higher than for most of the players who claimed here. So, they will suffer more than this one. 

Edited by Norz