=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

12 minutes ago, -DFA-Retrofly said:

Someone please find the he111 equivalent.  :)

As I said many many times - don't fly nearer while making slashing attacks than 100m to any bomber (russin or german ) in its gunners fireing arc or you will be hit. (the distance plays huge role as for gunners accuracy in this sim)

In this vid he was closer than 50m.

On 30/4/2018 at 3:42 PM, Carl_infar said:

As I said many many times - don't fly nearer while making slashing attacks than 100m to any bomber (russin or german ) in its gunners fireing arc or you will be hit. (the distance plays huge role as for gunners accuracy in this sim)

If the attacker is doing everything right (slashing attacks with high speed) then the gunners should not hit him, period. 

[edited]

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

20 minutes ago, Willy__ said:

All the gunners are coded the same way, but I find stupid it came this far without any effort of the devs to try and fix the situation which benefit mostly russian planes

You might have to explain that one. You appear to be saying "Both Axis & Allied gunners are equally skilled (that is true) and this is biased towards the Russians."     If the gunners have the same skills then the difference in success comes down to what guns they have been given and that is historical.  What needs to be 'fixed'?

Edited by 56RAF_Roblex

1 hour ago, Willy__ said:

If the attacker is doing everything right (slashing attacks with high speed) then the gunners should not hit him, period. 

All the gunners are coded the same way, but I find stupid it came this far without any effort of the devs to try and fix the situation which benefit mostly russian planes

I remeber Jason during last stream said that there's a very thin line (as for coding) between gunner hitting absolutly nothing and hitting something  so I think that they've done their best.

Anyway now its quite ok: the gunners will hit you if you are not caucious and there's a easy walk around, just shoot from the distance while avoiding to fly for long times in straight line and you'll be fine.

As i wrote before I'm gunning myself and for most of the time see people pressing the attacks to below 50m which is not very healthy for them (I must admit that sometimes while I'm attacking bombers I also overextend myself while being to greedy or impatient and come too close or fly for too long straight and get hit...)

Anyway I wouldn't want the situation when while I would be attacking the bombers and it would pose no or small challange that would mean no fun..

Edited by Carl_infar

1 hour ago, Willy__ said:

But this comports with reality. In combat, be it on the land, sea or in the air, you can do everything right and still catch a bullet, shell, mortar round or any number of other unpleasant implements. It is a crap shoot, a bullet lottery, if you like, where the 'winner' gets dead. This is one of the great myths of combat. It isn't the most skilled combatants who make it out alive and unscathed, it is the ones who manage to not do as many things wrong and get lucky enough to not be where a bullet is passing by. Doing the right things helps but at a certain point it is out of your hands. History is full of examples of this from Harold Godwinson to the Red Barron and beyond.

Do the gunners need to be looked at and have changes made? Probably, yes they do. But to say there should be a situation where a fighter can pass through their field of fire and there be no chance that a gunner will shoot them is just as nonsensical as some of the shots landed by 110 gunners.

• Upvote 4

Can we get a reduced amount of rain especially in moscow? with the amount of dirtrunways that would also mean bobsleding on mud in bombers. Let alone the problems with rendering and problem of loosing wingman constantly

06147147.jpg?$p=4a00a41&w=1136&$w=ec52ab

On 13/4/2018 at 12:00 PM, =LG=Kathon said:

Attenction!

To fly transport mission choose bomber with text “transport” and take no bombs/rockets (it’s necessary after 3.001 update). It doesn’t concern Ju-52.

If payload are locked then you have to choose airfield and aircraft several times. It’s a bug after 3.001 update.

If you see black screen after connection to the server please wait for a while.

i see that i cant resuply an AF with the he 111, same is happening to some friends who tried it, we just do what the manual of the server main page says, "no bombs, no mods, %100 fuel" and using the he111 transport, but when we land we cant resuply the AF and later we check the stats and the AF we tried to resuply didnt got the supplies, one friend who used the ju52 told us that we need to open the cockpit and press B and thats it, but in the he111 we cant, just doing a 15mins flight to get the CM and nothing more, i saw some people doing tranport missions with the pe2, do they need to press anything after the landing?
P.S: We know that badly damaged AF cant get resuplied by air transport 

Hello .

One cuestion to admins-

Are planned  enable for reds possibility to capture bases via paratroopers? seems are risky, funny and productive kind of missions. This kind of tool can be very usefull....  i think reds have a clear disadvantage without this option.

thx.

i know reds no have Ju 52 and maybe never will have a li2... but i dont think it can be a problem. For example on rules can force to use determinate skins for each side. And i think on taw players have enought idea about are happening on mission for dont mistake on targets.

=FEW=N3croo used really foul language and was very disrespectful in the game chat after this flight timestapm. http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=41918&name==FEW=N3croo 

Very bad manners, frustration is no excuse to act abusive in game on all chat. Take it to the private and figure it out there.

Operation_ivy was there to add fuel to flame. Come on, guys, you act all proper out of game and go down on others who act out like a sack of bricks... then you act like like this in ACTUAL GAME and ruin it for all people involved. 

Edited by CptSiddy
  • Confused 2

Yes - What DerSheriff said! LOL

Edited by JG7_X_Man

3 hours ago, DerSheriff said:

in that sortie it was my mistake because i was kicked for being afk after landing, let me do another sortie and check if i get the suplies on that AF..........

20180501224018_1.thumb.jpg.d890e9c920fdaf68b614d5fbb7057da5.jpg

20180501224024_1.thumb.jpg.dc41397c2b8ad83a98ceef8c6d2032b1.jpg

I didn´t get the CM because i did not flew 15 mins, so, lets see in the next match if Oblivskaya get that 4% of the supplies, but anyways, im not getting the CM for landing too early, people with others plane like pe2 or ju52 can do a CM in less than 15 mins if they land and do the transport without problems, not like the he111 that you need those 15 mins

Edited by GOA_julian_vm1

1 hour ago, GOA_julian_vm1 said:

in that sortie it was my mistake because i was kicked for being afk after landing, let me do another sortie and check if i get the suplies on that AF..........

20180501224018_1.thumb.jpg.d890e9c920fdaf68b614d5fbb7057da5.jpg

20180501224024_1.thumb.jpg.dc41397c2b8ad83a98ceef8c6d2032b1.jpg

I didn´t get the CM because i did not flew 15 mins, so, lets see in the next match if Oblivskaya get that 4% of the supplies, but anyways, im not getting the CM for landing too early, people with others plane like pe2 or ju52 can do a CM in less than 15 mins if they land and do the transport without problems, not like the he111 that you need those 15 mins

Oblivskaya wasn't damaged. 

From the manual...

You may also resupply friendly airfields by transport airplanes. Transport planes are: Ju 52/3m with cargo, also Pe-2, He-111, Ju-88 with 100% fuel and no bombs and rockets. Ju-52 with cargo resupply airfield by about 7%, others by about 4%. You must takeoff from an airfield damaged less than 40% and successfully land on an airfield damaged more than 0%. If you successful in transport then you get  a Combat Mission.

4 minutes ago, Tuesday said:

Oblivskaya wasn't damaged. 

From the manual...

so i cant resuply a 0% damage AF? only less than 85% and more than 0%? so its need to be damaged to get resuplied? because sometimes they have only like 10% of supplies and i thought that they need some supplies

4 hours ago, GOA_julian_vm1 said:

so i cant resuply a 0% damage AF? only less than 85% and more than 0%? so its need to be damaged to get resuplied? because sometimes they have only like 10% of supplies and i thought that they need some supplies

A undamaged airfield can't be resupplied, since its completely supplied^^

its like getting groceries and having a full fridge. That's what I want to tell you since yesterday.

22 minutes ago, DerSheriff said:

A undamaged airfield can't be resupplied, since its completely supplied^^

its like getting groceries and having a full fridge. That's what I want to tell you since yesterday.

Ok, thanks and my bad

Ok so I landed my plane on a non active airfield to avoid it from being destryoed b/c of a fuel leak. I landed it safely wihtout taking any damage behind friendly lines. However I get a shot down and not a ditched. Actually I got a ditched first in the mission log, but about an 3 minutes later a shot down. What did I do wrong?

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=42746&name==EXPEND=SchwarzeDreizehn

1 hour ago, =EXPEND=SchwarzeDreizehn said:

Ok so I landed my plane on a non active airfield to avoid it from being destryoed b/c of a fuel leak. I landed it safely wihtout taking any damage behind friendly lines. However I get a shot down and not a ditched. Actually I got a ditched first in the mission log, but about an 3 minutes later a shot down. What did I do wrong?

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=42746&name==EXPEND=SchwarzeDreizehn

Your aircraft was ditched and not destroyed, but your opponent got the kill. Thats just happens when you dont land on an active airfield.

However your aircraft wasn't lost since it went into the ditched "pool"

image.png.c008b67b5347c0a79b67dfddfaf692d1.png

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, =EXPEND=SchwarzeDreizehn said:

Thanks Sheriff, it didn’t show up there right away and -if I remember correctly- I have never gotten ditched and then shot down afterwards, hmmm....

Yes the a/c goes to the ditched pool after the mission.

17 hours ago, CptSiddy said:

=FEW=N3croo used really foul language and was very disrespectful in the game chat after this flight timestapm. http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=41918&name==FEW=N3croo 

Very bad manners, frustration is no excuse to act abusive in game on all chat. Take it to the private and figure it out there.

Operation_ivy was there to add fuel to flame. Come on, guys, you act all proper out of game and go down on others who act out like a sack of bricks... then you act like like this in ACTUAL GAME and ruin it for all people involved. 

admitedly i got very pissed, however being rammed from behind and killed while flying slowly behind a struggling La-5 in a straight line while pissing highly visible fuel is a bit too much. 

It's also appropiate behaviour to apologize when that happens by accident and may calm down ppl to begin with. 

I agree that while a

33 минуты назад, =FEW=N3croo сказал:

admitedly i got very pissed, however being rammed from behind and killed while flying slowly behind a struggling La-5 in a straight line while pissing highly visible fuel is a bit too much. 

It's also appropiate behaviour to apologize when that happens by accident and may calm down ppl to begin with. 

nyone can make a mistake, not apologizing for it or ignoring to accept it does provoke bad attitude and manners. A pilot rammed me after I landed only because he didn't even try to look if the field was free, I lost my La-5, CM counter dropped to 0, and the guy didn't even bother  to comment or apologize. it's very easy to get pissed off and tell such players who they really are.

3 hours ago, =FEW=N3croo said:

The person who collided with you was with me in same TS, and from what i recon, he did not collide with you intentionally (VVS planes in high speed do lock up). He is Russian speaking and was asking me to translate. After i did, his mood to apologize kind of.... evaporated. 

Unacceptable. 

Edited by CptSiddy

OK - let me voice my opinion again hear really quick!

Question for admin - Is chute killing OK on your server or not - if it isn't what happens to those that do kill people on their chute? If not - that's OK too, I'll just chute kill too. I just need to know the rules - Rant over! Thank you for this server!

12 minutes ago, JG7_X_Man said:

Question for admin - Is chute killing OK on your server or not - if it isn't what happens to those that do kill people on their chute? If not - that's OK too, I'll just chute kill too. I just need to know the rules - Rant over! Thank you for this server!

Did you read rules at webpage ? Its clear, you can shoot chute.

15 minutes ago, JG7_X_Man said:

You must not follow the forum much.  This gets discussed at least once a month. And the admins explicitly say it's legal.  Please, for the love of god, don't start this argument again.

Edit: Ha! Admin beat me by a second!

Edited by =BES=Coyote-66
  • Haha 1

Yeah - I guess I don't follow the tread long enough to get the ruling! Thanks for clearing that up LOL!

17 minutes ago, =LG=Leutnant_Artur said:

Did you read rules at webpage ? Its clear, you can shoot chute.

Awesome! My day has been made! Now I just need to shoot down someone LOL

Edited by JG7_X_Man
  • Haha 1

Chute killing is surprisingly hard. 

I have been attempted at many times but i never been chute killed. 

Would it be possible to have a summary listed somewhere on the website of each map after it ends?
Because of my timezone I rarely see what happens when the map ends, it would be nice to see the win/loss conditions with how many planes/pilots each side had left

I suggest correcting the scoring of points from the pilot who successfully completed the assignment, but received damage when boarding the airfield. It is enough to repair the aircraft for two missions.

@CptSiddy I got the incident uploaded from my perspective and i could clearly hear the 109s supercharger behind me and it was not really a fast closing speed. in fact it was so slow that the guy didnt pass infront of me timestamp is 8m47s in my latest vid

4 hours ago, =FEW=N3croo said:

@CptSiddy I got the incident uploaded from my perspective and i could clearly hear the 109s supercharger behind me and it was not really a fast closing speed. in fact it was so slow that the guy didnt pass infront of me timestamp is 8m47s in my latest vid

Errr, rammed by friendly? Norz was red. 

20 hours ago, JG7_X_Man said:

Yeah - I guess I don't follow the tread long enough to get the ruling! Thanks for clearing that up LOL!

Awesome! My day has been made! Now I just need to shoot down someone LOL

Yeah, the same happens to us on VVS.  Usually from the flak 36 88mm.  As a wise man once said to me in the chat, "the AA giveth and the AA taketh away".

Edited by 7.GShAP/Silas

Hi all,

Guys, keep it on topic which is TAW. Next racist, personal insult or any thing of that kind that show up will force us to enforce the rules.

Keep it civil. Do not force us to lock the topic again.

Haash

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/4/2018 at 8:44 AM, =FEW=nightrise said:

when Russian AA 1 shot kills you while you're going 750kph on the deck

But AA is fine comrade :rolleyes:

Same on both sides. Why try to make it partisan ?

Just want to mention that the last Stalingrad map felt to small and that at least another airfield for the blues has to be added  in the south north. I think the blues started one airfield short.

Edit: Two possible locations. I just saw that there aren't any airfields in the south.

Inkedmap_nr201_LI.jpg

Edited by DerSheriff
  • Like 1

I'm quite disappointed that Kuban map is still tactically unplayable because of airfields positions. Like any other kuban phase campaign, this map will become an attriction war only because for any faction is completely impossible to capture strategic positions really. Expecially in the south where actually germans have 3 airfields in a line of 80 km. Really disappointed that nothing changed here.

• Upvote 1

Hello friends.

I see on web , blue have 1450 aircraft and 1000 Pilots and reds have 1300 aircraft and 900 pilots, This is right? i allways think boths sides starts with same resources.

thx.