=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

7 minutes ago, CptSiddy said:

No, no, did you not read the secrit documents about F-4?

The secrit experimental models has it installed so they could go Mach 0.88.

I'm sorry, is this some sort of joke I don't understand?

I know there is an error introduced with the last patch that prevents multiplayer recorded tracks from being played. Will TAW be installing the quick fix at some stage renaming the missions without symbols? Or will we  have to wait till developers fix the issue? I have also noticed that full sortie stats are no longer available or am I missing something?

10 hours ago, CptSiddy said:

Can you keep an eye on this fella. Not a stellar pilot but his plane has been seen to behave oddly by some and then there is the flight recording from week ago. Keep an eye on his TAS and IAS.

I must agree - that's looks a little hokey, worth investigating

6 hours ago, woodrowwilson_pr said:

I'm watching this and I can see he's really doing a good job of managing his radiators.

I would agree if a computer were doing the stabilizer adjustment for him - CptSiddy said look at his speed - with all that boom and zooming, his air speed never dropped below 300 Km/h (for more than a few secs) while never attaining an altitude close to 1000 M. There were a few time when he wanted it too - maneuvering for a shot, then after the shot => warp speed.

I would like to know the relative airspeed of all the other aircraft in that melee before I make judgement.

Edited by JG7_X_Man

Just want to compliment the TAW developer team, it's been a blast flying this campaign so far, you shouls hear our comms when someone gets a 6. i just love how pilots actually care when they get shot down . I give you props how you guys implement mechanics to make ua care about our virtual lifes. o7

• Like 2

11 hours ago, CptSiddy said:

Can you keep an eye on this fella. Not a stellar pilot but his plane has been seen to behave oddly by some and then there is the flight recording from week ago. Keep an eye on his TAS and IAS. 

http://taw.stg2.de/ru/pilot.php?name=Albadros

Here is a reconstruction of some flight record data of his plane from Berloga server, might be some weird lag, however, might be not. Looks fishy as heck. 

Good find there Siddy and that's definitely worth keeping an eye on. We had a cheater caught red handed on WOL not long ago with a not dissimilar kind of speed warping. 

I just hope you don't get assaulted by the likes of CheersDakpilot with a sanctimonious display of his almighty forum rulebook for merely bringing up a valid suspicion. 

Edited by Mcdaddy
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Mcdaddy said:

I just hope you don't get assaulted by the likes of CheersDakpilot with a sanctimonious display of his almighty forum rulebook for merely bringing up a valid suspicion. 

It's all about tone - Mcdaddy. CptSiddy simply said - paraphrasing "...This looks weird, can I get a second opinion please."and posted very supportive information for review.

What most of us get tried of are people crying foul when they get shot down and have only one angle (their position) to argue from. The issue there is your angle isn't enough because there are many factors at play online. The 1st that comes to mind are the effects of latency and packet loss. 

Just when I thought the LW was holding their own this map we lost 3 airfields in 4 missions last night.

RIP Map #3

1 hour ago, -DFA-Retrofly said:

Just when I thought the LW was holding their own this map we lost 3 airfields in 4 missions last night.

RIP Map #3

Map is not over yet. Last game VVS proved that you can win a map even if you have few airfields left. So don't get relaxed until it is over. 

13 hours ago, woodrowwilson_pr said:

I'm sorry, is this some sort of joke I don't understand?

Move from Pure Blind to Delve and ill tell you :^) 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, CptSiddy said:

Move from Pure Blind to Delve and ill tell you :^) 

Eve -  ventually got the joke :)

Server has been down all morning 4 plus hours if there is an admin handy :)

6 hours ago, CptSiddy said:

Map is not over yet. Last game VVS proved that you can win a map even if you have few airfields left. So don't get relaxed until it is over. 

We've lost another two.

The rate at which we are losing Airfields is quite staggering. 5 in less than 24 hours.

Even when we lost both depots in the last map it was never this quick.

Edited by -DFA-Retrofly

I got my ass kicked i lost two airframes , i just couldn't see them until it was too late , snow map i think i need glasses . S!

see something then completely loose it  . only to find it on my six . Sorry guys ..!

8 hours ago, -DFA-Retrofly said:

We've lost another two.

The rate at which we are losing Airfields is quite staggering. 5 in less than 24 hours.

Even when we lost both depots in the last map it was never this quick.

The times I have played the airfield was under several attacks , so the pressure was on . 

Server stopped. I don't know why but all payloads are locked. I'm not able to look at it tonight unfortunately.

On 4/23/2018 at 1:39 PM, Disarray said:

Defensive guns are fine, load them up. It is the bombs and any offensive armament, like the PE 2's .50 cal gun, are what you have to leave empty. You also need full fuel tanks and to land the plane undamaged.

You can load your gun ammo (you can’t distinguish offensive vs defensive ammo in the loadout section), and you can choose the ‘87 turret.  As mentioned, just make sure you have 100% fuel, no bombs, no rockets, and you’re good to go.

1 hour ago, =LG=Kathon said:

Server stopped. I don't know why but all payloads are locked. I'm not able to look at it tonight unfortunately.

WOL already solved this issue. Maybe good idea to ask some help there.

1 hour ago, =LG=Kathon said:

Perhaps something related to this? 

On page 14 someone mentioned this issue.

Edited by CptSiddy

Please use this: (it comes from =E95=DenLarik, WOL server)

lockPayloads=0 // (=0 in Norm and Expert) 1 - Lock player's ability to change payload in Hangar screen, only pre-defined payload is available, 0 - Payload selection unlocked, not functional now
lockSkins=0 // (=0 in Norm and Expert) 1 - Lock player's ability to change skin in Hangar screen, only pre-defined skin is available, 0 - Skin selection unlocked, not functional now
lockFuelLoads=0 // (=0 in Norm and Expert)
lockWeaponModes=0

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hey folks, I am interested in trying my hand at some IL-2 ground attacking on this server. However, the website for registration seems to be unsecure.

Can someone in the know please explain why it does not use https:// for a secure login? TAW seems quite awesome, but my mind needs some easing about this seeming security flaw before I get my feet wet.

30 minutes ago, Sambot88 said:

Hey folks, I am interested in trying my hand at some IL-2 ground attacking on this server. However, the website for registration seems to be unsecure.

Can someone in the know please explain why it does not use https:// for a secure login? TAW seems quite awesome, but my mind needs some easing about this seeming security flaw before I get my feet wet.

No big deal here. Don't need to have a real email. Just use fake, no problem.

Edited by Mcdaddy

24 minutes ago, Sambot88 said:

Unless you are reusing passwords what's the big deal?  Use a throw away email address.  The most that can be stolen from you in the unlikely event your password is sniffed is your newly created TAW account, which isn't worth much to anyone.

Just make a unique password for just TAW, you won't be using the email address you enter for anything so it can be nonsense. 

Always good to see another ground attacker, especially an IL-2 pilot.

New hotfix must crashed the server.

One question: when we destroy a static plane on an airfield does it subtracts from overall planes available??? 

1 hour ago, 6./ZG26_Gielow said:

One question: when we destroy a static plane on an airfield does it subtracts from overall planes available??? 

Server was stopped pending fix to airplane mods being locked that new hotfix requires. Destroying static planes counts towards total objects needed to shutdown the airfield, but not towards a side’s plane count.

1 hour ago, 6./ZG26_Gielow said:

3.5 Airfields and cities

Airfield is a vital strategic point on the map. If tank column captures the city it also capture nearby airfield. Airfields are very well defended by the strong AA. You should attack them from the horizontal flight with heavy bombers. To completely destroy the airfield you need to destroy hangars, fuel dumps and aircraft. Only frontline airfields can be attacked (they have info “Attack!” on the map in game). If airfield is damaged more than 75% then it’s closed. If it’s damaged more 85% then it’s destroyed completely. Destroyed static planes are counted as aircraft lost.

2 hours ago, StG77_HvB said:

3.5 Airfields and cities

Airfield is a vital strategic point on the map. If tank column captures the city it also capture nearby airfield. Airfields are very well defended by the strong AA. You should attack them from the horizontal flight with heavy bombers. To completely destroy the airfield you need to destroy hangars, fuel dumps and aircraft. Only frontline airfields can be attacked (they have info “Attack!” on the map in game). If airfield is damaged more than 75% then it’s closed. If it’s damaged more 85% then it’s destroyed completely. Destroyed static planes are counted as aircraft lost.

Interesting, I never noticed this actually counting against a side’s plane count. I stand corrected, good to know!

I seem to recall someone from LG mentioning it in here as a fairly recent change.

3 hours ago, HenHawk said:

Interesting, I never noticed this actually counting against a side’s plane count. I stand corrected, good to know!

thats actually a big change... makes a lot of sense now to really hit those Airfields with complete strikes and shut them down/kill the airframes

54 minutes ago, =IL2AU=chappyj said:

thats actually a big change... makes a lot of sense now to really hit those Airfields with complete strikes and shut them down/kill the airframes

It does make it clearer to me that targeting AF’s is the best bang-for-the-buck. Although that’s pretty much what I have done for many campaigns now. For some reason, it’s really difficult to convince the majority of LW to strike an AF, even though the German planes are arguably better suited to shut a field down. Seems LW loves to attack tank and truck columns (or, ahem, fly at 7k).  And don’t even get me started about how pretty much every important Russian target is safe if a couple train stations in easy-to-reach areas appear on the map! But I digress...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I very much enjoy it. Very rewarding to see all the buildings and aircraft blow up^^

And the panicking players on the ground are priceless

• Upvote 1

Question- 
Do the random flak positions still 'mark' you after you remove all the trucks and aa guns?

6 hours ago, HenHawk said:

It does make it clearer to me that targeting AF’s is the best bang-for-the-buck. Although that’s pretty much what I have done for many campaigns now. For some reason, it’s really difficult to convince the majority of LW to strike an AF, even though the German planes are arguably better suited to shut a field down. Seems LW loves to attack tank and truck columns (or, ahem, fly at 7k).  And don’t even get me started about how pretty much every important Russian target is safe if a couple train stations in easy-to-reach areas appear on the map! But I digress...

All good points. One thing, though. Last map I was able to make 11 resupply flights to a damaged AF on a single map frame in a Pe-2 87. I could have made 12 but I damaged an engine on one takeoff. That's a 22-33% repair by a single Red player on a single map. Granted the damaged AF was near an undamaged AF, but that is often the case. Maybe some individual bomber pilots can inflict 22-33% AF damage in a single map frame, but I never have pulled that off. It appears to me that on a player-by-player basis, Red can simply make repairs faster than Blue can inflict damage. Blue was close to matching that capability until the Ju 88 was removed from the transport pool. To be fair, even when Blue had the transport Ju 88 they still lost most of the time, and I believe an AF damaged at 80 or 85% or more can't be resupplied. I guess it comes down to having people willing to make those flights before it's too late.

11 minutes ago, StG77_HvB said:

All good points. One thing, though. Last map I was able to make 11 resupply flights to a damaged AF on a single map frame in a Pe-2 87. I could have made 12 but I damaged an engine on one takeoff. That's a 22-33% repair by a single Red player on a single map. Granted the damaged AF was near an undamaged AF, but that is often the case. Maybe some individual bomber pilots can inflict 22-33% AF damage in a single map frame, but I never have pulled that off. It appears to me that on a player-by-player basis, Red can simply make repairs faster than Blue can inflict damage. Blue was close to matching that capability until the Ju 88 was removed from the transport pool. To be fair, even when Blue had the transport Ju 88 they still lost most of the time, and I believe an AF damaged at 80 or 85% or more can't be resupplied. I guess it comes down to having people willing to make those flights before it's too late.

How come that can be an advantage for the red team since the blues have larger payload capacity and larger supply capacity ?(not to mention the ability to capture bases via Tante Ju's)

Edited by HR_Tofolo

3 minutes ago, HR_Tofolo said:

How come that be an advantage for the red team since the blues have larger payload capacity and larger supply capacity ?(not to mention the ability to capture bases via Tante Ju's)

That's true, but Tante Ju is a collector plane and not everybody has it in their aircraft inventory.

When I posted above I was thinking that resupply flights repaired an AF @ 2-3% per flight. I see in the revised manual that has been changed to 4% or 7% for the Ju 52. So the repair capability is even more effective than I thought.