Jump to content
=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Man-Yac said:

On the topic of channels and squad channels on ts..

I really struggle when we are more than 3 on a channel, radio communication requires a lot of skill when there is more than 3 people talking. Even when I fly with my wingman and I need to  focus when bouncing someone I tell him nicely to keep quiet, and it goes both ways. What would be great is a server with whisper chat, so I can fly in a pair with my wingman and be on comms with him ( we talk a shit lot btw), but be able to whipser to other squadrons important information (such as ennemy positions, coordinated strikes, CAP, distress calls, etc..).

You can manage whisper lists. And talk with any channel  you want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 6./ZG26_Klaus_Mann said:

Well, if you are on Comms AND ACTUALLY FLY TOGETHER, IN A COORDINATED MANNER there is not much talking and if you have a Flight Leader a simple shout of "RADIO DISCIPLINE PLEASE" will normally get you the needed Attention. And then you can fly even in large Groups of almost 20. 

 

Of course we talk Politics, Games, Banter and Sports or whatever but still we manage in large Groups. 

Yup you said the crucial words, FLY TOGETHER and COORDINATED MANNER, and RADIO DISCIPLINE. Its not by joining a random group on ts that you will have those, it takes a lot of training..

 

Just now, =KK=Des_ said:

You can manage whisper lists. And talk with any channel  you want.

Yes I think I might do a system like that next campaign with interested squadrons.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Man-Yac said:

Yup you said the crucial words, FLY TOGETHER and COORDINATED MANNER, and RADIO DISCIPLINE. Its not by joining a random group on ts that you will have those, it takes a lot of training..

No it isn't. If someone is lonewolfing he normally is on a less than 30 Minute Mission, you wait or fly a couple of Patterns or something, until he returns to fly a proper Mission together. Someone simply assumes Command and off you go. All that fake humbleness keeps you from having a good time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Barbaros said:

In the TAW i cant fly from two days. My ping 40, I have good conection but after on the map I go for Fly (Start Button) and in the few seconds I see this message out of server #10009: Game server connection lost. :(

DSC_0614.jpg

You are banned for team killing I think

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think there is a mistake in this sortie:

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=67198&name=SCG_Riksen

 

I collided with an A20 warping all over the place and was able to bail but my connection was lost when I was in my chute. My stats should be DISCO and not BAIL OUT fo that sortie since I sustained damage and my connection was lost. Could you check on it please?

 

Thanks!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I quitted a time ago from TAW, the soviet rape is real, and heres in my opinion why:
 1.-  2 hours are not enough for slow climb rate german bombers
 2.-  first 2 maps dominated by fast climb rate/ max speed pe2s that i have tried to intercept many times with e7(wich cant catch them), F2 can but because they scape so fast the only way to shoot them is from the rear and the gunner WILL get you, i think this the real reason so much 109 downed by pe2 in the first maps the lack of speed leaves you with only one option if the damn pe2 is scaping.

 3.- Soviet AA feels like snipers, ive felt like they´ve headshooted me at least 2 times, last one in a fast maneuvering f4

 4.- Unrealistic planeset leaves germany hopeless.

 

i just couldnt stand these facts more.

Edited by Mosler
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, DerSheriff said:


I wouldn't mind that. I personally have a hard time focusing as soon as there are more than 4-5 people in one channel. 

 

This ^^

 

I think the guys I fly with personally have a hard time here as well. We routinely have as many as 8 on one channel, with our "core" group of guys we fly with every day. Another thing to consider, TAW brings a new dynamic to voice comms from what I have seen, meaning, I see a lot more names in TS that my mates and myself do not routinely fly with. I'm not saying they are bad pilots, I just feel that when you fly with a regular group for a while, you come to understand everyone's "fighting style", and flying with different pilots can add to the confusion because they in turn seem to have their own ways about them.

 

In this day and age communication should be the least of our worries. Between TS, Discord, and even mobile apps where people can communicate both inside and outside the sim, this should be a non issue. I believe this is the problem though, how do we have pilots communicating through a common portal, using agreed upon tactics, and remain on task across so many comms platforms without having an overwhelming amount of voices "stepping on" each other, or "wandering off"? And this is without regard to any language barriers. It is indeed a conundrum which I think we can all solve if we use critical thinking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mosler said:

I quitted a time ago from TAW, the soviet rape is real, and heres in my opinion why:
 1.-  2 hours are not enough for slow climb rate german bombers
 2.-  first 2 maps dominated by fast climb rate/ max speed pe2s that i have tried to intercept many times with e7(wich cant catch them), F2 can but because they scape so fast the only way to shoot them is from the rear and the gunner WILL get you, i think this the real reason so much 109 downed by pe2 in the first maps the lack of speed leaves you with only one option if the damn pe2 is scaping.

 3.- Soviet AA feels like snipers, ive felt like they´ve headshooted me at least 2 times, last one in a fast maneuvering f4

 4.- Unrealistic planeset leaves germany hopeless.

 

i just couldnt stand these facts more.

You have 110e2 on firs 2 maps. It,s more faster then every red fighter in this time. And it takes as much as pe2 kg of bombs. Use it and do not run to kill Peshkas after they dive. You shouldn’t get kill them. Dont’t give em drop bombs on target and that’’s all.

Edited by =KK=Des_
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mosler said:

I quitted a time ago from TAW, the soviet rape is real, and heres in my opinion why:
 1.-  2 hours are not enough for slow climb rate german bombers
 2.-  first 2 maps dominated by fast climb rate/ max speed pe2s that i have tried to intercept many times with e7(wich cant catch them), F2 can but because they scape so fast the only way to shoot them is from the rear and the gunner WILL get you, i think this the real reason so much 109 downed by pe2 in the first maps the lack of speed leaves you with only one option if the damn pe2 is scaping.

 3.- Soviet AA feels like snipers, ive felt like they´ve headshooted me at least 2 times, last one in a fast maneuvering f4

 4.- Unrealistic planeset leaves germany hopeless.

 

i just couldnt stand these facts more.


Your are right, ...and there is a big difference, the Germans AI gunners are silly, if you set, "attacked in long distance" they don´t shoot when the enemy is near your tail, even when i move the Bf-110 side to side, and let a perfect target for the rear gunner , but the gunner don´t shoot. If you set the gunner attack distance to near, they don´t shoot when the enemy is far, but Russian fighter can hit you from a kilometre, or more, and German AI gunner don´t do nothing.

By the way, russian AAA are like snipers, and hit your airplane at firt shoot, during A/G attack run. And same with the Russian rear Pe-2 gunner, who is able to used upper and lower MG´s, simultaneously, if two German fighter attack him.

I think that some changes are needed, in order to make the campaign more easy, for attack pilot because nobody want to fly one hour to his target, for dead over target, by a single shoot of the sniper AAA, or because a fighter kill you from one kilometer, and while the gunners are scratching his head. 
This night i wasted all my bombers and jabo's airplanes, trying to attack some targets, and it was almost impossible. The best run I got a good attack, to a Russian base, but a La5FN shootdown my He-111, near to my base, and the gunners don´t does any shoot.  It is a shame.

Edited by III/JG52_Otto_-I-
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, =KK=Des_ said:

You have 110e2 on firs 2 maps. It,s more faster then every red fighter in this time. And it takes as much as pe2 kg of bombs. Use it and do not run to kill Peshkas after they dive. You shouldn’t get kill them. Dont’t give em drop bombs on target and that’’s all.

You can't level bomb with 110 and if you make some kind of shallow diving type attack you need someone to take care of AAA first otherwise it will tear you apart. It is ofc possible to do that with 110 also, but then you have to linger on the area and red fighters will get you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The AAA and the Pe Gunner are still a Problem, yes.I talk with Raven and he mean thats since last Patch...more Wingcuts from Airplane Struktur Damagd come.

We feel that many little Thinks in the Game this  go more to the Allied Side.

On other Side the German Teamplay is very very bad.

The Reason is to low Squads on Blue Side and the Timezones. 

We the JG4 working very good with finn Spezialist and German Squads on  Weekends, in the Week

we have Time for 1-3Missions.

On Euro Daytime there are max 10 Blues on Server vs. 10-20 Reds.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CG_Justin said:

 

 

 

In this day and age communication should be the least of our worries. Between TS, Discord, and even mobile apps where people can communicate both inside and outside the sim, this should be a non issue. I believe this is the problem though, how do we have pilots communicating through a common portal, using agreed upon tactics, and remain on task across so many comms platforms without having an overwhelming amount of voices "stepping on" each other, or "wandering off"? And this is without regard to any language barriers. It is indeed a conundrum which I think we can all solve if we use critical thinking.

Go on different channels but use whisper, we should do that next taw, but people need to agree to come to ts instead of discord.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Man-Yac said:

Go on different channels but use whisper, we should do that next taw, but people need to agree to come to ts instead of discord.

 

Unfortunately Man-Yac, this is the problem, getting everyone to agree. And then there is the language barrier of course. It does me no good to do whisper if I do not understand the other person's dialect.

 

I think this where the idea of Jason's "Air Marshall" would be amazing. If we could have a map that showed where everyone (squads,groups) is operating, when, and what their intentions are now, and after the goal is either achieved or failed. This could help tremendously as different squads of different dialects would be able to coordinate using their own accurate interpretation of the battlefield. But alas, it looks like we will continue waiting for this addition, and unfortunately we haven't heard much news about it's development in a while. Hopefully soon.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LLv44_Mprhead said:

You can't level bomb with 110 and if you make some kind of shallow diving type attack you need someone to take care of AAA first otherwise it will tear you apart. It is ofc possible to do that with 110 also, but then you have to linger on the area and red fighters will get you.

70% pilots of pe2 also diving! So they use peshkas like 110.

 Gunners are really better then 110e2. But later blue side have ju88 with the same sniper gunner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The worst problem here is that a lot of the old IL2 Squadrons have been disbanded. If we could have more of the old Squadrons here, this TAW would be a dream.

 

I agree that's the worst limit for Luftwaffe is the teamplay, but as said above there are also too many little thinks that's gone for VVS.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, =KK=Des_ said:

70% pilots of pe2 also diving! So they use peshkas like 110.

 Gunners are really better then 110e2. But later blue side have ju88 with the same sniper gunner.

 

There is other thing also. 110 is more fragile than pe-2 so with peshka you can get away with some hits from AAA that would kill 110.

 

Couple of other things 1) german advantage in level bombing is somewhat nullified by short mission time. This is quite a big problem for people (like me) who doesn't have too big a time window for flying so if there is not a near perfect match of mission and that window you don't really have time to fly proper bomber sortie. And if you try to rush you are as good as dead. 2) In reality you will also need good fighter escort or tons of good luck to manage level bombing run and also come home alive. During the last campaign we had situations were we actually had cover but when running in to red fighters were still butchered. And this is just because escorting is really not that easy. Ofc you can practice and get better but that will add another difficulty multiplayer for blues.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mosler said:

I quitted a time ago from TAW, the soviet rape is real, and heres in my opinion why:
 1.-  2 hours are not enough for slow climb rate german bombers
 


You are in 15-20mins to 5k in a Ju88 and 30 mins for a he111. Depending what you are hitting thats enough for 2 sorties. 
I have flown mulitple missions with two sorties each on one airfield. No problem. If a group of three bombers would do that every mission the reds have no frontline airfields in no time.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, DerSheriff said:


You are in 15-20mins to 5k in a Ju88 and 30 mins for a he111. Depending what you are hitting thats enough for 2 sorties. 
I have flown mulitple missions with two sorties each on one airfield. No problem. If a group of three bombers would do that every mission the reds have no frontline airfields in no time.

 

Sheriff is correct here.

My friends and I routinely fly 88s to high-altitude (5K+) on FinnishServer. You can attain that altitude in less than twenty minutes with some good planning of wind and climbing away from the target before committing to the bomb-run. Two hours would leave sufficient time for between two and four sorties in an 88.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LLv44_Mprhead said:

 

There is other thing also. 110 is more fragile than pe-2 so with peshka you can get away with some hits from AAA that would kill 110.

 

Couple of other things 1) german advantage in level bombing is somewhat nullified by short mission time. This is quite a big problem for people (like me) who doesn't have too big a time window for flying so if there is not a near perfect match of mission and that window you don't really have time to fly proper bomber sortie. And if you try to rush you are as good as dead. 2) In reality you will also need good fighter escort or tons of good luck to manage level bombing run and also come home alive. During the last campaign we had situations were we actually had cover but when running in to red fighters were still butchered. And this is just because escorting is really not that easy. Ofc you can practice and get better but that will add another difficulty multiplayer for blues.

 

100%.

 

However, considering VVS weapons, is better a fighter sweep instead of an escort that's usually useless. While you are trying to intercept the enemy fighters, almost all your bombers are in flame or heavily damaged. One only La-5 could down 4xHe-111 in a very few time.

 

BF-110 is just only cannon fodder considering how weak is the gunner and DM. Probably, at least for the airfield attack, we could try a massive Stuka attack diving from high altitude.

 

Yesterday i was taking off from Gelendzhik when a pair of Pe-2 did begin their attack. They are almost immune to the barrage flak, and as usual, i've been instant kill by the gunner. At this point i really don't think we'll never have some sort of feedback by Han anymore about Pe-2, so i think we just have to ignore it to preserve our virtual life and aircrafts, and try a different solution for the Luftwaffe attack.

Edited by 150GCT_Veltro
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, DerSheriff said:

Depending what you are hitting thats enough for 2 sorties. 

 

24 minutes ago, Leifr said:

Two hours would leave sufficient time for between two and four sorties in an 88.

A flight from Zaporozhskaya to bomb targets in Kropotkin would take approximately 2 hours round trip and that is flying at 300kph and on a direct route. It is a very tight window to even complete a successful mission within time allowed. The “glamorous” role of long range level bombing seems to be somewhat of an afterthought on the server.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, III/JG52_Otto_-I- said:

And same with the Russian rear Pe-2 gunner, who is able to used upper and lower MG´s, simultaneously, if two German fighter attack him.
 

Pe-2 has 2 gunners not one so that's why they can use both guns :salute:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 6./ZG26_Custard said:

 

A flight from Zaporozhskaya to bomb targets in Kropotkin would take approximately 2 hours round trip and that is flying at 300kph and on a direct route. It is a very tight window to even complete a successful mission within time allowed. The “glamorous” role of long range level bombing seems to be somewhat of an afterthought on the server.

 

 


You only fly 300kph if you fly a he111 and that very slow. Pretty sure the Groundspeed is like 400kph on 5k. And your example is from the furthest airfield in the slowest bomber. But yet the time is sufficient. The landing is furthermore not needed to make the mission successful.
If you make the mission time to long all other tasks are too easy to achieve. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, DerSheriff said:

You only fly 300kph if you fly a he111 and that very slow. Pretty sure the Groundspeed is like 400kph on 5k. And your example is from the furthest airfield in the slowest bomber. But yet the time is sufficient. The landing is furthermore not needed to make the mission successful.
If you make the mission time to long all other tasks are too easy to achieve.

Yes it's in the 111 and the reason you fly from far back is to climb to 6K plus so you have less chance of being shot down by the very "very" accurate  AAA. Flying from a front line airfield in a 111 and flying a direct route is just suicide.  Quoting Cathy Newman, "So what you're saying is" if the mission time was longer the LW level bombing advantage would come into play?

 

Edit: The long range targets seem unnecessary with a 2 hour window? 

Edited by 6./ZG26_Custard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Leifr said:

 

Sheriff is correct here.

My friends and I routinely fly 88s to high-altitude (5K+) on FinnishServer. You can attain that altitude in less than twenty minutes with some good planning of wind and climbing away from the target before committing to the bomb-run. Two hours would leave sufficient time for between two and four sorties in an 88.

 

6 minutes ago, 6./ZG26_Custard said:

 

A flight from Zaporozhskaya to bomb targets in Kropotkin would take approximately 2 hours round trip and that is flying at 300kph and on a direct route. It is a very tight window to even complete a successful mission within time allowed. The “glamorous” role of long range level bombing seems to be somewhat of an afterthought on the server.

 

 

 

Flying 4 missions in 2 hours would require targets very near your base. Anyway my personal experience is that 2 missions is absolute maximum you can do in two hours. It also depends a lot on route you have to take, can you climb during your flight or do you have to get into high altitude close to your own airfield etc. and how many planes there is participating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, 6./ZG26_Custard said:

 

A flight from Zaporozhskaya to bomb targets in Kropotkin would take approximately 2 hours round trip and that is flying at 300kph and on a direct route. It is a very tight window to even complete a successful mission within time allowed. The “glamorous” role of long range level bombing seems to be somewhat of an afterthought on the server.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would also like longer mission then two hours, that doesn't even take into consideration that folk don't even spawn the last 25 min because they won't earn a combat mission.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DerSheriff said:


You only fly 300kph if you fly a he111 and that very slow. Pretty sure the Groundspeed is like 400kph on 5k. And your example is from the furthest airfield in the slowest bomber. But yet the time is sufficient. The landing is furthermore not needed to make the mission successful.
If you make the mission time to long all other tasks are too easy to achieve. 

I was talking about long range bombing, take into account reds get 2/3 of the map in no time, so i have tried to stop his tank column spawn or at least reduce it by bombing their depots.

Frontline bombing is more suitable for 87, 88, 110, ok but for long range 111 or 88 are the real options, remember you have to heat the engines taxi and take off, get some altitude( at 3k over enemy territory you´re a sitting duck), and even if i want to be safer and avoid flak i need time, if server is one our into the map i just doesnt bother to try this. So 111 nearly useless.( what i want to say is that is not just climb, you need more than that)

 

But the real question is who can enjoy knowing the outcome, even the red team, blues have some disvantages right now if nothing changes this will happend next time reds wins, blue must be full of noobs that doesnt know how to fly.

Edited by Mosler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think next edition will be more difficult for reds, and balance turns again to blue side. Many great squads and many good pilots next edition go blue again, I hope some  blue squads, come to red.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RedEye_Tumu said:

I think next edition will be more difficult for reds, and balance turns again to blue side. Many great squads and many good pilots next edition go blue again, I hope some  blue squads, come to red.

And once more i get the same answer someone got earlier, must be noobs.  the server settings are a real problem in my opinion.

Edited by Mosler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, RedEye_Tumu said:

I think next edition will be more difficult for reds, and balance turns again to blue side. Many great squads and many good pilots next edition go blue again, I hope some  blue squads, come to red.


Hydra like always switches next campaign to red. Looking forward covering your butt again tumu.
I hope that it will be better balanced. This campaign was mostly ok.

21 minutes ago, Mosler said:

I was talking about long range bombing, take into account reds get 2/3 of the map in no time, so i have tried to stop his tank column spawn or at least reduce it by bombing their depots.

Frontline bombing is more suitable for 87, 88, 110, ok but for long range 111 or 88 are the real options, remember you have to heat the engines taxi and take off, get some altitude( at 3k over enemy territory you´re a sitting duck), and even if i want to be safer and avoid flak i need time, if server is one our into the map i just doesnt bother to try this. So 111 nearly useless.( what i want to say is that is not just climb, you need more than that)

 

But the real question is who can enjoy knowing the outcome, even the red team, blues have some disvantages right now if nothing changes this will happend next time reds wins, blue must be full of noobs that doesnt know how to fly.


I dont know what you have. I did many depot runs in the past and the longest I remember was 1:45h. 5k, he 111.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DerSheriff said:


You are in 15-20mins to 5k in a Ju88 and 30 mins for a he111. Depending what you are hitting thats enough for 2 sorties. 
I have flown mulitple missions with two sorties each on one airfield. No problem. If a group of three bombers would do that every mission the reds have no frontline airfields in no time.

 

I don´t think that the problem is not being able to make it within 2 hours. The problem is the 2 hour time window itself. Most players join the server when their day schedule allows for it. Not necessarily when the server resets. So the probability that you can actually finish a 1 hour bomb run reduces to 50%. Add to that preparation etc. it gets even worse. So I have to agree that the 2 hour time window is a little small in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1) All complaining over and over, with ZERO proposed solutions.

 

2) I'd be interested in hearing exactly what you people would like the game to ve end-state to fix your problems.  AAA that lets you run freely on each target? Reds can't fly planes for the first 2 maps?

 

3) Lastly, for the complaints I see, how much can really be done by SERVER ADMINS? Lots of complaints seem to be Dev side, and really have no relevance to this forum.  

 

I think I'll stop following this forum until the Blues win a campaign, so I can spare my self from seeing all the crying.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, =BES=Coyote-66 said:

1) All complaining over and over, with ZERO proposed solutions.

 

2) I'd be interested in hearing exactly what you people would like the game to ve end-state to fix your problems.  AAA that lets you run freely on each target? Reds can't fly planes for the first 2 maps?

 

3) Lastly, for the complaints I see, how much can really be done by SERVER ADMINS? Lots of complaints seem to be Dev side, and really have no relevance to this forum.  

 

I think I'll stop following this forum until the Blues win a campaign, so I can spare my self from seeing all the crying.

 

No crying here mate. And you are correct that I have not offered a solution, because I do not have one. I had no complaints about the maps or gameplay either (aside from cold start, silly), in fact, everything seemed solid.

 

I think many of the Blue pilots feel the deficiency in comms though. Until we find a manageable way to get Blue pilots talking, it will be more of the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, =BES=Coyote-66 said:

1) All complaining over and over, with ZERO proposed solutions.

1. Longer mission times.

 

8 minutes ago, =BES=Coyote-66 said:

AAA that lets you run freely on each target?

2. The AI of the AAA is 10 times more effective than its real world equivalent when set on high 

Check out Unreasonable's indepth testing.

 

14 minutes ago, =BES=Coyote-66 said:

I can spare my self from seeing all the crying.

I fly both sides and still think 1 and 2 are relevant. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RedEye_Tumu said:

I think next edition will be more difficult for reds, and balance turns again to blue side. Many great squads and many good pilots next edition go blue again, I hope some  blue squads, come to red.


We'll be going back to Blue - but I don't see Blue all of a sudden doing much better than this campaign. I would guess that maps will be a slower grind next campaign, but Blue will continue to lose the attrition game. You will see in a future video one of the main reasons as to why it is so hard for Blue to actually win a map - let alone a campaign.
 

24 minutes ago, =BES=Coyote-66 said:

1) All complaining over and over, with ZERO proposed solutions.

 

2) I'd be interested in hearing exactly what you people would like the game to ve end-state to fix your problems.  AAA that lets you run freely on each target? Reds can't fly planes for the first 2 maps?

 

3) Lastly, for the complaints I see, how much can really be done by SERVER ADMINS? Lots of complaints seem to be Dev side, and really have no relevance to this forum.  

 

I think I'll stop following this forum until the Blues win a campaign, so I can spare my self from seeing all the crying.


1) What forum are you reading? Most people here have been proposing solutions. It's not entirely their fault that most of their solutions suck :wacko:

2) Currently AA at Blue/Red tank columns is not equal. You will see in future video ;)

3) This is a VERY important point. People can believe what they want about things like the 23mm VYa anti tank ability, etc. Of course TAW devs can't change that. But things like the tank column AA are. There is always room for improvement. 

PS Longer mission times would be disastrous. I think we really have the sweet spot currently. If you are a level bomber and you currently only have 2-3 AFs on the map left, your mission shouldn't be to fly 200km to bomb enemy depot. It should be to bomb one of the enemy AFs. When the server has 15-20 players per side, anything longer than 2 hours gives too much time to the ground attackers like me to clear up all the objectives. Especially in missions where there is only 1 enemy tank column (or maybe 0). This would just result in even more maps being a stalemate since tank columns just disappear - and maps being solely won on attrition. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Content: Pe-2 Series 35 Cold Start Hell, Miniskirts, Blood, Planes, Explosions, Blah, Blah, Blah....

 

 

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...