=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

1 hour ago, RedEye_Tumu said:

i allways think boths sides starts with same resources.

Doesn't really matter - Red will win anyway. Blue pilots don't fly one big unit.

2 hours ago, =FEW=ayamoth89 said:

I'm quite disappointed that Kuban map is still tactically unplayable because of airfields positions. Like any other kuban phase campaign, this map will become an attriction war only because for any faction is completely impossible to capture strategic positions really. Expecially in the south where actually germans have 3 airfields in a line of 80 km. Really disappointed that nothing changed here.

Dude! I was thinking the exact! same thing! Blue Airfields are too far the enemy line/front!

If you look at the out come it will be simple - there will be only one BLUE airfield close enough to the front to amount an attack from at every transition. So all RED has to do is target that single airfield until the Kerch Strait. Not sure how well the airfield layout was through through. Oh well - we are all human. 

Edited by JG7_X_Man

2 hours ago, RedEye_Tumu said:

Hello friends.

I see on web , blue have 1450 aircraft and 1000 Pilots and reds have 1300 aircraft and 900 pilots, This is right? i allways think boths sides starts with same resources.

thx.

For the current campaign Katon Changed some things (see his comments for current campaign).

to cut it short: there are attacking and defending sides - attacking one and has more resources than it changes and for next campaign map the other side is the attacking one and has mor resources ...

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, RedEye_Tumu said:

Hello friends.

I see on web , blue have 1450 aircraft and 1000 Pilots and reds have 1300 aircraft and 900 pilots, This is right? i allways think boths sides starts with same resources.

thx.

If you are in the main TAW page, and click on The Forum link, it will take you to the post in this thread where Artur or Kathon explains the changes for this round of TAW.  In it, he explains that some maps now have axis or allied offensive themes (my interpretation), and so those sides will have an advantage in plane/pilot counts, etc.

As for airfield counts, on Kuban, the blue side has one more airfield to start, so it seems to happen more than once where the airfield count is not even.

The problem with Kuban is that other then the coast area, there aren’t a lot of airfields  in the middle areas.  Unless the admins create a grass field, there’s not much they can do.  There are situations where you see two airfields close by, but I think airfields need to be far enough apart in order to utilize the defensive position structure that LG is using.  Thus only one of these airfields is used, for example.

Edited by AKA_Relent
  • Upvote 1

How can someone may help with the translation of the TAW website to Spanish? Do you have a Crowdin project?

Regards

1 hour ago, JG7_X_Man said:

Dude! I was thinking the exact! same thing! Blue Airfields are too far the enemy line/front!

If you look at the out come it will be simple - there will be only one BLUE airfield close enough to the front to amount an attack from at every transition. So all RED has to do is target that single airfield until the Kerch Strait. Not sure how well the airfield layout was through through. Oh well - we are all human. 

What?  Anastasievskaya and Akhtyrskaya mirror Steblievskaya and Krasnodar.  Too bad for Axis to let Anastasievskaya get shut down so fast, but that's their own fault.

I didn't complain last campaign when I was flying from Maikop to attack Krasnodar. :rolleyes:

Edited by 7.GShAP/Silas
  • Like 1

About kuban i agree.

Some more airfields in both sides will be nice.

About Resources, thx for clarify me the question. I was think  offensive or defensive will be relationated with frequency and intensity of attack, i dont relationated it whit amount of resources.

thx.

On 13/04/2018 at 5:00 PM, =LG=Kathon said:

Changes and new features

• Scenario based maps. On some maps Axis attacks so they have more limits (aircraft, tanks, pilots) and their tanks convoys spawn more frequent for the first several missions and on other maps Allied attacks so they have advantage. There also maps with draw situation. List of maps:

#1 Moscow_North – Axis offensive

#2 Moscow_South – draw

#3 Moscow_North – Allied counteroffensive

#4 Stalingrad_Center – Axis offensive

#5 Stalingrad_South – draw

#6 Kuban - Axis offensive

#7 Stalingrad_Center - Allied counteroffensive

#8 Kuban - Allied counteroffensive

From the start post.

Kappe

I think if you have all the planes of the pool, and u have 3 CM archived... last plane you lose is automatically replaced.

i would like to dispute this and have this claimed as a kill. 

http://www.taw-server.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=50208&name=SCG_marine  i damaged this air craft and it ditched. this is the targets mission. http://www.taw-server.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=50203&name==AD=B777R   

in game i was credited with a kill. when returning and landing i check the taw site and was not credited. looked it both these mission records and they matched up. Why was kill not credited?

1 hour ago, SCG_marine said:

i would like to dispute this and have this claimed as a kill. 

http://www.taw-server.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=50208&name=SCG_marine  i damaged this air craft and it ditched. this is the targets mission. http://www.taw-server.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=50203&name==AD=B777R   

in game i was credited with a kill. when returning and landing i check the taw site and was not credited. looked it both these mission records and they matched up. Why was kill not credited?

I’ve posted about this in the TAW bugs thread. Think there is something off with the stats.

Hi,

I believe I've screwed up with my account(s) in TAW. I didn't read the whole manual, and I was trying to switch sides. I only red the part that you can have multiple accounts, my bad. Anyway could you kindly delete my profiles Mora, Mora2 and Mora3? I'd like to start over on the axis side.

Thank You and sorry

Edited by Mora

One doubt corrodes me, can anyone explain how 40 trucks can be destroyed in 10 seconds with a 109 G2 or better yet 20 in a second?

Edited by HR_Eldamar

Hi, mates.

In the last mission one blind fw190 shotted me down next to my base, plane was burning but i was be able to  ditch it and end the mission. Then on the map in the server show me like ditched, but in the stats web show me like killed and lost my marvellous Bf110 g2.

I dont care but only want to know what to do next time, maybe bail out on ground?

Regards.

10 hours ago, HR_Eldamar said:

One doubt corrodes me, can anyone explain how 40 trucks can be destroyed in 10 seconds with a 109 G2 or better yet 20 in a second?

This has happened to a mate a few times. I believe the mission generation system is spawning 20 trucks on top of each other at one spot in the column 

18 hours ago, HR_Eldamar said:

Happened to me a few times last campaign, I'd assumed it was something to do with my 'marvellous' internet

27 minutes ago, 1/JSpan_Zetas said:

He shot himself with his gunner no? :v

he did, but not fatal. I got the airkill in the round.

@JG4_HANSEAT

sorry for friendly fire saturday night! the AF was under attack and i misstook your 110 for a Pe2...stupid, i know! sorry!

i recognised the last moment but had the trigger already pulled sufficiently to trigger mg.

29 minutes ago, Paulshow2 said:

@JG4_HANSEAT

sorry for friendly fire saturday night! the AF was under attack and i misstook your 110 for a Pe2...stupid, i know! sorry!

i recognised the last moment but had the trigger already pulled sufficiently to trigger mg.

I am a little more impressed by the other 109 who kept attacking the 110. Apparently he trusted in your ID skills a bit too much.

nah. that was another incident i guess. acording to the stats Hanseat just received that 7mm souvenirs from me...but luckily brought it back home...

i promise again to take more care!!!

20 hours ago, =IL2AU=chappyj said:

This has happened to a mate a few times. I believe the mission generation system is spawning 20 trucks on top of each other at one spot in the column 

Well, luckily, it happened several times to the same pilot, I hope that the luck of it happens to me once

9 hours ago, Paulshow2 said:

@JG4_HANSEAT

ID tip. If it goes up in flames after the first burst it’s a 110 :salute:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JG700_Rammjager said:

Another two:

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=54672&name=1/JSpan_Zetas

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=54677&name=1/JSpan_Muscat

By the way SILAS, you told me you will shot me down... :) may be was another Silas :P

3 minutes ago, 1/JSpan_Zetas said:

Edited by 1/JSpan_Zetas

39 minutes ago, 1/JSpan_Zetas said:

Another two:

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=54672&name=1/JSpan_Zetas

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=54677&name=1/JSpan_Muscat

By the way SILAS, you told me you will shot me down... :) may be was another Silas :P

I only volunteered to help you out of your parachute since you asked for a substitute for Maestro, feel free to bail out next time and I'll see if I can help you!  :) Your wingman was certainly happy to do the same for Kamm.

Edited by 7.GShAP/Silas

Is there a way to make a script that kicks from the TAW if not on TS or TAW discor voice? 

The big part of problem is people logging on, loosing bunch of planes and accomplishing nothing, then quitting. 

The most unrealistic and unhistorical thing in this server is how horribly Axis it unorganized mess of solo hartmanns. 

And yes, i am willing to suffer 25% drop in player participation on the servers if the quality of the people gets up 100%

Edited by CptSiddy

37 minutes ago, CptSiddy said:

Is there a way to make a script that kicks from the TAW if not on TS or TAW discor voice? 

The big part of problem is people logging on, loosing bunch of planes and accomplishing nothing, then quitting. 

The most unrealistic and unhistorical thing in this server is how horribly Axis it unorganized mess of solo hartmanns. 

And yes, i am willing to suffer 25% drop in player participation on the servers if the quality of the people gets up 100%

I actually lol'd at this.  Please tell us all how long you've taken the statistics for the server to know it's a 25% drop. I'd guess a maximum of 25% actually use the server TS/discord.

Let's say this is done - defying all logic -, I'll log into TS and not say a single word.  Would you suggest participation referees to make sure we all collaborate?

I've seen so many suggestions in this thread that throws the baby out with the bath water, that im going to declare myself defacto babysitter and just start poking holes....

Edited by =BES=Coyote-66

Just now, =BES=Coyote-66 said:

I actually lol'd at this.  Please tell us all how long you've taken the statistics for the server to know it's a 25% drop. I'd guess a maximum of 25% actually use the server TS/discord.

Let's say this is done - defying all logic -, I'll log into TS and not say a single word.  Would you suggest participation referees to make sure we all collaborate?

I've seen so many suggestions in this thread that throws the baby out with the bath water, that im going to declare myself defacto babysitter and hust start poking holes....

It facilitates collaboration.

The fact that you took the time to get on discord or TS voice of TAW is half the battle. Most people dont even get that far. 

It really dont take much more steps to go in to channel and say "hey guys, whats up". 

Communication in a game where you can lose the game for your team by just playing solo all the time is a no brainer in my humble opinion. 

I don't disagree with that at all.  In a perfect world you'd be absolutely correct.  I just caution thinking in a vacuum.  There is a pretty decent chance you ostracize a metric ton of players, bringing TAW down against the likes of WoL. 

33 minutes ago, =BES=Coyote-66 said:

I don't disagree with that at all.  In a perfect world you'd be absolutely correct.  I just caution thinking in a vacuum.  There is a pretty decent chance you ostracize a metric ton of players, bringing TAW down against the likes of WoL. 

I know... i just wish there was SOMETHING that could be done to get people on common comms...