Jump to content

DD today?


Blooddawn1942
 Share

Recommended Posts

Bernard_IV

I've been flying the Spitfire IX on the servers all week getting ready for the XIV.  Man with a little more speed I'd be a killer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

busdriver
1 hour ago, Bernard_IV said:

I've been flying the Spitfire IX on the servers all week getting ready for the XIV.  Man with a little more speed I'd be a killer.

 

With a little more speed I'd simply be a much faster "high speed cheerleader" than I am now. Just ask @Requiem or @ShamrockOneFive

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

BlitzPig_EL

2000bhp will transform the Spitfire from a delightful aerial dancer into a beast.

 

I hail my new Spitfire overlord.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

=621=Samikatz

Been trying to find some information about operating the XIV because the hype is getting to me. Found this in the pilots notes, sounds like it could have automatic RPM speed control? Probably depends when the early/late divide is?

 

image.png.24370ea72ea5d4f8f24ec9664b7c38cd.png

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

RedKestrel
2 hours ago, Bernard_IV said:

I've been flying the Spitfire IX on the servers all week getting ready for the XIV.  Man with a little more speed I'd be a killer.

I hope to be an even faster target drone!

 

8 minutes ago, =621=Samikatz said:

Been trying to find some information about operating the XIV because the hype is getting to me. Found this in the pilots notes, sounds like it could have automatic RPM speed control? Probably depends when the early/late divide is?

 

image.png.24370ea72ea5d4f8f24ec9664b7c38cd.png

I suspect we will get an earlier version, given the time rate of mid-1944 for BoN. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ShamrockOneFive
1 hour ago, busdriver said:

 

With a little more speed I'd simply be a much faster "high speed cheerleader" than I am now. Just ask @Requiem or @ShamrockOneFive

 

We'll all get into trouble that much faster 😅

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

JG7_X-Man
1 hour ago, =621=Samikatz said:

Been trying to find some information about operating the XIV because the hype is getting to me. Found this in the pilots notes, sounds like it could have automatic RPM speed control? Probably depends when the early/late divide is?

 

image.png.24370ea72ea5d4f8f24ec9664b7c38cd.png

 

Well duh! They have captured enough German fighters by the time the XIV was on the drawing table to reverse engineer that remarkable piece of engineering.

Edited by JG7_X-Man
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Luftschiff

You can keep your superpowered supermarines.

*sighs dreamily and thinks of the Gotha and Handley-Page*

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

CountZero
On 2/3/2021 at 10:09 AM, [[=UFO=]]RedPanda said:

507186af6ac15e98cc6beaf4fa14ea8d.jpg

 

_Spit2.thumb.jpg.c5a4b13d328b489a6c8cf07c6f2ab081.jpg

 

 

_Spit5.thumb.jpg.fa1c9300c66a909c539c7c01e834528f.jpg

 

"The aircraft will be presented with two types of weapon configurations - modification "c" with two 20mm guns and 4 x 7.69 machine guns, and modification "e" with two 20mm guns and 2 x 12.7mm machine guns. A 150-octane fuel option will also be available causing the already powerful engine to develop up to 2,200 horsepower."

 

Its time to update thouse 7 months old pictures with atleast e version :)

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Feathered_IV
3 hours ago, busdriver said:

 

With a little more speed I'd simply be a much faster "high speed cheerleader" than I am now. Just ask @Requiem or @ShamrockOneFive


You need the field mod where it’s armed with a couple of pom-poms. 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

ShamrockOneFive
1 hour ago, Feathered_IV said:


You need the field mod where it’s armed with a couple of pom-poms. 

 

Would it be too much to ask for the beer kegs too? 😄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, CountZero said:

 

_Spit2.thumb.jpg.c5a4b13d328b489a6c8cf07c6f2ab081.jpg

 

 

_Spit5.thumb.jpg.fa1c9300c66a909c539c7c01e834528f.jpg

 

"The aircraft will be presented with two types of weapon configurations - modification "c" with two 20mm guns and 4 x 7.69 machine guns, and modification "e" with two 20mm guns and 2 x 12.7mm machine guns. A 150-octane fuel option will also be available causing the already powerful engine to develop up to 2,200 horsepower."

 

Its time to update thouse 7 months old pictures with atleast e version :)

 

 

I'm almost dying inside knowing there's two other planes before my Spitfire.

 

 

futurama-philip-j-fry.gif

Edited by Denum
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I./ZG1_Dutchvdm
55 minutes ago, Denum said:

 

 

I'm almost dying inside knowing there's two other planes before my Spitfire.

 

 

futurama-philip-j-fry.gif

 

Only 22 in front of my favorite plane. You are so lucky 😥

Link to comment
Share on other sites

RedKestrel
2 minutes ago, Bremspropeller said:

Those coolers are almost the size of my fridge, though...

When they implement fuel tanks they better have the modification for filling the external tanks with bottles of wine from the continent

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I./ZG1_Dutchvdm
Just now, RedKestrel said:

When they implement fuel tanks they better have the modification for filling the external tanks with bottles of wine from the continent

 

Speaking of fuel tanks. Looking forward to the external fuel tanks as well. There are quite a few BOBP planes that could use them in the career mode.

 

Gr,

 

M

Link to comment
Share on other sites

=FSB=HandyNasty

I'd like to have a first look at the map WIP. Some things come to mind :

- images of bocage

- How detailed will the various Normandy beaches be represented (pre-invasion and post-invasion with the floating pontoons etc)

- Amiens prison for Operation Jericho (actually, does map go untill there??)

 

Edited by =FSB=HandyNasty
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

LR.TheRedPanda
8 minutes ago, =FSB=HandyNasty said:

I'd like to have a first look at the map WIP. Some things come to mind :

- images of bocage

- How detailed will the various Normandy beaches be represented (pre-invasion and post-invasion with the floating pontoons etc)

- Amiens prison for Operation Jericho (actually, does map go untill there??)

 

Gonna practice some Tom Hardy landings lol

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Feathered_IV
12 minutes ago, =FSB=HandyNasty said:

- Amiens prison for Operation Jericho (actually, does map go untill there??)


I checked that the first chance I got.  The map just misses it.  

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cybermat47
19 minutes ago, [[=UFO=]]RedPanda said:

Gonna practice some Tom Hardy landings lol

 

It only counts if you shoot down a Stuka after you run out of fuel. 

11 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:


You need the field mod where it’s armed with a couple of pom-poms. 

 

A couple of pom-poms? Usually Spitfires just have one Pom in the cockpit.

  • Haha 5
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Monksilver
41 minutes ago, [Pb]Cybermat47 said:

 

A couple of pom-poms? Usually Spitfires just have one Pom in the cockpit.

 

usually but not always -

 

image.png.54e7e340464a8879f0c7ee81a7cca133.png

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

busdriver
1 hour ago, [Pb]Cybermat47 said:

 

A couple of pom-poms? Usually Spitfires just have one Pom in the cockpit.


Oy mate...I resemble that remark.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

335th_grFirdimigdi
7 minutes ago, Diggun said:

*drums fingers on desk*

 

Well there you have it everyone, today's Desk Drumming. Thanks for reading!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Website / forum update last Monday, lil DD tomorrow, game update next Tuesday??

 

I know, I know, heaven preserve me from an optimist...

Edited by Diggun
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Diggun said:

Website / forum update last Monday, lil DD tomorrow, game update next Tuesday??

 

I know, I know, heaven preserve me from an optimist...

 

I noticed that Jason did explicitly say that the website/forum downtime wasn't related to a game update... but it doesn't seem to stop us, does it?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

RedKestrel
4 minutes ago, [DBS]Browning said:

I just got a tingling sensation in my left foot! Could this mean an update is close? 

It's either that or nerve damage from overuse of rudder pedals. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Trooper117
2 hours ago, [DBS]Browning said:

I just got a tingling sensation in my left foot! Could this mean an update is close? 

 

No mate... it means your dog is peeing on your foot!

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[DBS]Browning
8 minutes ago, Trooper117 said:

 

No mate... it means your dog is peeing on your foot!

 

1 hour ago, [DBS]Browning said:

It was fire. I'm ok.

 

Better take him to the vet. It looks like it burns when he pisses.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...