Mission update Doullens/Cambrai:
I am glad to announce that the more or less final mission update of Doullens/Cambrai is ready and currently in review. I clocked 200h+ on that mission in the Mission Editor. At the end that thing got quite complex and complicated and bigger than I originally planned it to be.
Starting my work on that mission in October 2019 my goal was to make it as close to what a day in the airwar of 1918 could have looked like and to show what is possible with the mighty Mission Editor.
I learned a lot of about what works and what doesn't while working on that mission. I had fun doing this, especially when things worked out as planned but I also had my fair share of frustrating moments. Now I am exhausted but I also have some ideas for another mission project.
Today I can proudly say it is ready, besides some bug fixes (if there are any) and I am very pleased and with the final result. I hope you guys enjoy the mission and it's countless features for the days to come. Salute and blue skies!
Added: Radomization of some targets in every sector.
Edit: Updated mission descriptions (added description for balloons and recon points) and tooltips (height information for entente is now in feet)
Spawn: Trains and ships only spawn in after successfull recon tasks now to save server resources
Weather: Increased turbulence from 1 to 3 for every mission
Moved: Entente Airfield from Soncamp to Filescamp
Roadmap for Doullens /Cambrai:
WIP: Seperate Recons/Change Recon script/reward planes/Add more airfields
WIP: Recon can land at any active airfield
WIP: Cities and towns status
WIP: Historical squad and plane distribution
WIP: Recon rewards
WIP: Randomizing targets in every sector
WIP: Bug fixes
Feature List Doullens Cambrai:
- The mission is available in three different day times (dawn/noon/dusk)
- Historical planeset for a summer 1918 mission
- Historical Squadrons / Jastas located at their airfields (where I could research the information on)
- Discriminating frontline AAA
- AA MGs positioned along the trenchlines
- AI two seater flights patrolling the frontlines
- Winchable and historically heavily defended balloons that control the effectivness of all the AAA and AA MGs in the sector
- Recon tasks that mark random targets on the map and can be finished at any active friendly airfields.
- Scoring rewards for recon tasks in form of spawning a pre damaged searchlight in the hangar closest to the windsocks
- Better plane rewards for accomplished recon tasks to put an emphasis on team play
- Scripted artillery spotting tasks where you can actually see the shells impacting near the target until it is destroyed
- War torn cities and towns with smoke coloums rising to reflect the state of France in 1918
- Randomized targets that the mission feels different everytime we play it
Thanks to J5 for the cooperation and for hosting the missions!