DD today?

Blooddawn1942

335th_GRFirdimigdi
19 minutes ago, sevenless said:

I smell one final patch coming this year...

... that might be me actually. Sorry, too much garlic.

• Haha 4
8 minutes ago, Yogiflight said:

Wasn't the Russian AA gun truck announced to be released in december?

Was getting all ready to type "BS!" but decided to backup my smugness with facts, so I checked.....You're right, "End of the year"

😲 Now I'm excited!

• 1CGS
Jason_Williams
28 minutes ago, Yogiflight said:

Wasn't the Russian AA gun truck announced to be released in december?

Not going to make December.

Jason

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
BladeMeister
1 hour ago, Diggun said:

I don't think we have anything to complain about :)

I completely agree Sir. This has been an amazing year for IL2, FC & TC development. More importantly, this has been a year where 1C & their partners have really listened and tried to take into account the community input alongside their own expertise in simulation programming and development to make TGBS a continuously  improving end user product.

S!Blade<><

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
Yogiflight
4 hours ago, 40plus said:

Was getting all ready to type "BS!" but decided to backup my smugness with facts, so I checked.....You're right, "End of the year"

I am always good for a surprise. Unfortunately it is not too rare, that I am the one to get surprised:biggrin:

2 hours ago, Diggun said:

I don't think we have anything to complain about :)

Absolutely. I just mentioned it, because it was announced and the team surprised us more than one time. But the pics Han posted in DD 267 were indeed in a very early state for a release this month.

• Like 1
Irishratticus72
18 hours ago, Blitzen said:

Alas no Studio 777 gifts under the tree thus far...sigh....

no-early-presents-our-house.jpeg

The face you make when you get called up to defend the Reich in April '45.

• Haha 5
  • 2 weeks later...
Rjel
12 minutes ago, Jade_Monkey said:

It's been a weird week, I think a DD would really brighten it a bit.

That sir, is an undeniable fact. 

A screen shot of the P-51B testing in game would brighten my day. 

• Like 1
kestrel79

This is the time of year where we don't get many DDs for a few weeks traditionally. I think the Russian Christmas is around this time something like that.

• Upvote 1
RedKestrel
1 hour ago, kestrel79 said:

This is the time of year where we don't get many DDs for a few weeks traditionally. I think the Russian Christmas is around this time something like that.

I myself blame Julius Caesar. Someone should've stabbed that guy.

/who doesn't like a good calendar/history crossover joke?

• Haha 3
Irishratticus72
5 hours ago, RedKestrel said:

I myself blame Julius Caesar. Someone should've stabbed that guy.

/who doesn't like a good calendar/history crossover joke?

Et tu, Brutus?

• Haha 1
cardboard_killer
1 hour ago, Irishratticus72 said:

Et tu, Brutus?

Tsk tsk. Brutus is the nominative case; the proper grammar is in the vocative, Brute. Et tu Brute?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1
DBFlyguy

Hopefully next week!

Edited by DBFlyguy
DN308
7 hours ago, Irishratticus72 said:

Et tu, Brutus?

Tu coque, fili 

SJ_Butcher

I would like to see a 2021 roadmap, DCS already launched theirs and it's incredible, they are moving their engine to a much flexible API (Vulkan), improving graphics(more effects, clouds) damage model, maps, planes.

I am excited about how they will improve their engine with Vulkan. I would like to see at Sturmovik team doing the same, because the engine is old despite the upgrades they did.

Edited by SJ_Butcher
  • Sad 1
Q_Walker
1 hour ago, SJ_Butcher said:

I would like to see a 2021 roadmap, DCS already launched theirs and it's incredible, they are moving their engine to a much flexible API (Vulkan), improving graphics(more effects, clouds) damage model, maps, planes.

I am excited about how they will improve their engine with Vulkan. I would like to see at Sturmovik team doing the same, because the engine is old despite the upgrades they did.

Jason talked about their plans for 2021 here: 2020 Year in Review - Announcements - IL-2 Sturmovik Forum

• Upvote 1
  • 1CGS
Jason_Williams
6 minutes ago, SJ_Butcher said:

Nothing concrete, only maybes, come on a real development plan no just overall...

That's right, everything is a maybe in the age of Covid lockdowns and restrictions. We are working on Normandy and Flak Vehicles and FC2. Anything else beyond that content will be discussed in DDs as we make progress. That's what they are for. I am not going to make any additional promises when just continuing our work is a big hurdle.

Jason

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7
  • Upvote 8
cardboard_killer
7 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

I am not going to make any additional promises when just continuing our work is a big hurdle.

But if you don't do that, I won't be able to whine and whine and whine about it two years from now. I might actually have to get a life or criticize some one else's work. Jeez.

• Haha 9
=621=Samikatz

Announcing stuff before it's ready and guaranteed isn't worth it, I don't think. If you don't announce something, and it ends up delayed or turns out to be too expensive or unfun you can just shelve it and nobody is the wiser. If you announce it and then have to change plans you have to deal with angry keyboard warriors for years after

On top of that people like being surprised, it's good to save things until they're done, occasionally

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
[=PzG=]-FlyinPinkPanther
On 1/11/2021 at 3:16 AM, SJ_Butcher said:

Nothing concrete, only maybes, come on a real development plan no just overall...

Sadly, you have been spoiled. It is possible I am sign of my own time. I grew up in an era where there was three channels, plus a local change and PBS. Channels turned off after the "late, late movie. There wasn't cable and VCRs were the "new" thing. The only car phone I saw was on Hart to Hart. You have direct access to the developers and instead of working with them, you rather be obstinate. Well, not just you, but a certain segment here. There is a difference between derisive criticism and criticism to help the developers develop a better product. I have not seen a single post or communication where this development team have not been open to feedback and in many cases, release any fixes. If maybes is all they can give you, then maybe is the best they can do right now. let the team spend time responding to real inquiries and concerns rather than your selfish entitlement. 

<get off soapbox>

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1
BladeMeister
On 1/10/2021 at 12:51 PM, SJ_Butcher said:

What is this DCS you speak of? I own a lot of modules from ED and I backed the Europe WWII startup and still haven't received my Me262 from them. It is a pretty sim for picture taking, but I would be surprised if you are not completely disappointed in one year when you look back at what ED promised in this roadmap and what they actually deliver in a finished state. I am not going to bash them here, but I made a conscious decision this past spring to uninstall DCS World and all of it modules(I own like 10 or more) because of the unfulfilled completion of products I had purchased.  I would much rather have Jason and Team 1C not over promise or over extend themselves in what they can actually produce and complete and deliver to me within a reasonable time frame of when they promised it to me, than to lay out an overzealous roadmap that they most likely could not deliver. 1C has a pretty good track record of delivering what they have promised within the time frame that they proposed at the launch of a new product. The big difference between 1C and ED being that 1C release a finished product which they will refine as they move along as opposed to ED releasing an unfinished product and trying to finish and refine it as they move along(for years in some instances). I'll take 1C any day of the week thank you very much. This is IMHO and YMMV.

S!Blade<><

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4
Avimimus

I think DCS is actually running at least six months behind their official plans... but that is off-topic.

What I want to know is - why are people asking about development updates and plans? We already got a rough timeline (just without unrealistically specific dates) and we already got a several patches before the holiday... shouldn't we expect the devs to take at least two weeks off? No dev updates until February I say! We should start a petition! We are undeserving :)

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1
BladeMeister
4 minutes ago, Avimimus said:

I think DCS is actually running at least six months behind their official plans... but that is off-topic.

What I want to know is - why are people asking about development updates and plans? We already got a rough timeline (just without unrealistically specific dates) and we already got a several patches before the holiday... shouldn't we expect the devs to take at least two weeks off? No dev updates until February I say! We should start a petition! We are undeserving :)

You Hush Your Mouth!

S!Blade<><:acute:

LuseKofte

The demand for new stuff is not beneficial for this sim in all things. But new stuff fund slowly progressing improvements. Latest patch was in fact a huge improvement of the game. This is really where developers impress me the most. 

I am actually looking forward to FC 2 most now. I have partly becomes a want new stuff guy

• Upvote 4
Soilworker

Guys, it's Butcher, don't take him too seriously, he just likes a good winge. 

Having said that maybe the devs should give him what he wants or else he'll probably start posting on every relevant thread that the sim is unplayable without an accurate roadmap. 🙄

kestrel79

I think those Development Roadmaps other companies have been posting lately are overrated. It just sets you up for failure and excessive whining from gamers when things get delayed. I'd be curious to see the Roadmap DCS had put out at this time a year ago, and how much stuff actually got released on time from that Roadmap. Or look at Star Citizen. How is their Roadmap working out for them?

Gotta give credit where credit is due Flight Sim 2020 seemed to nail their Road Map.

I actually really like how this Dev Team is doing it. Under promise, over deliver. They continue to improve the core game, as well as expand it with almost monthly updates. And I like being surprised when we get some mind blowing new feature or update. If you dig through some of Jason's recent posts, you know what is in the works and coming. It's basically a Roadmap...you just need to read a little bit to find the nuggets of info on what's coming. Keep doin what you're doin!

• Upvote 5
Diggun

Some discussion on this thread verging on unfrivolous. Outrageous I say. While the chaps enjoy a well deserved break this week, and maybe next, what do you all hope for from the next DD? 

Sometimes I think 'mk xiv liveries', but then I have to call the nurse for my meds because I've got far too excited to be in polite company... 

• Haha 1
Q_Walker

Some more information of the changes to the fuel systems and addition of fuel tanks perhaps. 

Edited by Q_Walker
  • Upvote 2
RedKestrel
4 minutes ago, Diggun said:

Some discussion on this thread verging on unfrivolous. Outrageous I say. While the chaps enjoy a well deserved break this week, and maybe next, what do you all hope for from the next DD? 

Sometimes I think 'mk xiv liveries', but then I have to call the nurse for my meds because I've got far too excited to be in polite company... 

"By thunder, I need my Spit XIV WIP pics! Typhoons! Mossies! Whargarble!"
"*sigh*, Old Man Diggun is back at it again. I'll get the horse tranquilizers."

• Haha 4