11 hours ago, Raptorattacker said:

Happy Birthday! Mine was on the 16th! All the best people eh? :salute:

And mine was on the 14th. Happy birthday to all the Virgos around here.

7 hours ago, RedKestrel said:

LOL, that's rough! I feel for you.

No doubt... 😥

It’s OK, I guess I can temporarily set it up in the office and use that for a week or so. Not ideal but good enough to fly around the new map if it’s ready .... 😀

Happy birthday all you guys, my little brother's turning 30 on Sunday, I was thinking about getting him IL-2 but I doubt he'd ever get round to playing it knowing him. Oh well, a 20yo bottle of whisky will have to suffice. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, RedKestrel said:

I don't think so. No DD either. Its crunch time after all.

I predict big update the week of september 30th, after my in-laws have gone home. Supposing I live. 

Mine arrive that week. Worst possible timing!

4 hours ago, Finkeren said:

Not exactly "unfinished", but the Fw 190A3 took several revisions to get right (eventually I think they just about nailed it) and when it was first released, it seemed pretty obvious, that they had aimed for the closest approximation possible with the knowledge they had back then, just to get it out on time and with a mind to revisit the FM later. 

Getting something wrong is not the same as unfinished, though I take your point. I certainly don't remember the devs admitting to it being wrong or unfinished until, eventually, it was resolved. The point was: The Devs have extremely high standards and they have never given us any reason to believe a patch release would be 'unfinished' or intentionally sub-par just to get it out the door, and I thought it was a strange and rude accusation of the OP to make, given that there was no precedent. 

True enough - They can still be wrong, and make mistakes, I grant you - but so can we all.

8 hours ago, Soilworker said:

Oh well, a 20yo bottle of whisky will have to suffice.

I tell you what, get him Il-2 and I'LL take the whisky, how's THAT sound? ;)

32 minutes ago, Luftschiff said:

I'm far from pleased with their decisions all the time, but that was not the point. 

OUCH!!:unsure:

The flaps are an issue across the board IMO. People have complained about the Yak-1 'magic flaps' since time immemorial, and the same with the Spitfire - its just more glaring with a huge plane like the P-47. There's some modeling assumption made with how the flaps affect lift/turning ability that produces these extreme edge-cases. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, Luftschiff said:

It's pretty obvious that this is the FM working as they intended. Broken or Wrong, it's not 'unfinished'. Did you read the post by Jason at the start of that video? He's clearly saying that it's finished. Please don't make me defend the flaps or engine timers or whatever, I'm far from pleased with their decisions all the time, but that was not the point. 

These are interesting points Luftschiff!

If I build a kit car, but after I tell everyone I have finished and the car is working as intended, however the steering always drifts to the left, is the car "unfinished"?

In one sense, if I don't pick up my tools again, I have certainly finished working on the car, but that would be true at any point in the car's construction.

Also, it is clear that I have finished putting the parts of the car together as they are all attached, but this would be true even if I had super-glued all the parts into a ball.

One could make an exhaustive list of all the tasks required to make a car and only count the car as finished when all are complete, but then the same problems arise when we ask "Is task 345 finished?".

One might argue that the defect in the car means that it is not finished, but then at what point is the car ever finished? When the steering is aligned to 0.1 degree accuracy? Or must the steering be aligned to 0.00000001degree? Or closer than that? It is not clear that a car can ever be finished if any defect renders it unfinished.

It would appear that the term "finished" has little meaning when it comes to the results of construction, labor or artistry.

Edited by [DBS]Browning
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Raptorattacker said:

@RedKestrel How's the dove tasting? :rolleyes::salute:

A bit stringy to be honest. But healthier than pigeon!
/watching my cholesterol

Just now, RedKestrel said:

A bit stringy to be honest. But healthier than pigeon!
/watching my cholesterol

Ha! Ha! Yeah, the pigeon tends to be a bit 'dirty' tasting as well, given their diet!!

1 hour ago, Raptorattacker said:

I tell you what, get him Il-2 and I'LL take the whisky, how's THAT sound? ;)

Hmmm, I seem to be out of a copy of IL-2 and a bottle of Glenfarclas with this deal... 🤔

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Soilworker said:

Hmmm, I seem to be out of a copy of IL-2 and a bottle of Glenfarclas with this deal... 🤔

Ah, yes, but think of the happiness you'll spread though? The joy, after all, is in the giving!! :drinks:

• Haha 2

Ah, yes, but think of the happiness you'll spread though? The joy, after all, is in the giving drinking!! :drinks:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, IndianJones said:

Tomorrow wololo

Woooooololololoooo

• Upvote 1

What happened to the Update Today? thread? This is the DD Today? thread.

48 minutes ago, Danziger said:

What happened to the Update Today? thread? This is the DD Today? thread.

The update thread was locked over a year ago and the discussion just naturally migrated here, I guess. 

Edited by Finkeren

Important things happen before Thursdays. This or next week if we still get the update in September.

July 24, Wednesday
Update 3.102

June 10, Monday
Update 3.101

March 18, Monday
Update 3.012

March 5, Tuesday
Update 3.011

February 14, Thursday
Update 3.010c

February 7, Thursday
Update 3.010b

February 4, Monday
Update 3.010

• Upvote 1

Thursday would be risky. The likelihood of such a massive update requiring multiple hotfixes is pretty large, so they will probably try to avoid releasing it too close to the weekend. 

3 minutes ago, Sandmarken said:

Today is the day!! It must be, can't wait anymore.😁

Perfect! We're rained out today.

Update!!! :drink2:

Please.

• Upvote 1

Update within 36 hrs, mark my numbers, to coincide with page 200 of this thread, for a double celebration. :popcorm:

Indeed IIRC dev diaries (almost) always come on fridays bur updates with new planes just pop up at random dates.

Imagine if the update brings the p38, p51 and tempest all at once? It will break this forum.

2 minutes ago, danielprates said:

Indeed IIRC dev diaries (almost) always come on fridays bur updates with new planes just pop up at random dates.

Imagine if the update brings the p38, p51 and tempest all at once? It will break this forum.

And if the map is included too, we could be looking back on "The Update that Broke The Internet".  Wouldn't that be serious.

6 minutes ago, danielprates said:

The update is bringing all of those PLUS the Rheinland map. The forum might explode. 

Fall into savings sale runs until Mo., 30. September 2019@21:08 CEST,

so there might come something big right after the sale.
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

What about:

- Summer uniforms for US/Brit/German pilots
- Pilot physiology and fatigue
- New sound-engine
- 100 km visibility for ships and aircraft
- 30 km for ground objects
- completely new assets
- personal pictures in cockpits

(i probably forgot something 😅)

😄 the forum deserves to blow up by those great things

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, danielprates said:

Based on the last few DDs, the next update will absolutely include all three, that AND the AI B-25, Rheinland map, increased draw distances, new sounds - possibly even the BoBP career mode, pilot physiology modeling and a few other things.

So be prepared for the forum to break.

7 minutes ago, 6FG_Big_Al said:

new assets

Can't wait for them to get their assets out.

Edited by [_FLAPS_]Diggun

1 hour ago, [_FLAPS_]Diggun said:

Can't wait for them to get their assets out.

Amend to that 

10 minutes ago, Cpt_Cool said:

My money says Oct 1.

I hate to agree with you, but I think you might be right. Unless they sneak it in next Monday to keep with the 'late September' release window.... 

So be prepared for the forum to break.

I think it broke quite a few months back when someone introduced some sort of new age chanting...

Edited by Trooper117
  • Haha 3

well i really hope the update is tomorrow or Wednesday, this’ll be the most anticipated update with the amount of content we’re getting.

fingers crossed!! 🙃

Really can't wait for this to land. I think the word epic is actually poignant in this situation.