Just now, -332FG-Hank_DG said:

The sale is still going on Monday. Tuesday or Wednesday next week will be the day. 

which will be october..

1 minute ago, Sharpe43 said:

which will be october..

They've been late before, but they've never released during a sale. 

• Thanks 1

Hanks right, if previous updates are the rule of thumb, we won't see an update till October at the earliest :)  

Not during a sale & normally on a Monday or Tuesday. 

Annnnndd always two weeks later than when you think its going to drop :P :salute: 

Edited by Bullets
  • Upvote 1

Those who are already sharpening their pitchforks for midnight September 30 need to chill tf out.

I was all eager for the release of the P-38 and P-51 until I remembered that I still need to learn how to fly the P-40, P-39, and P-47. So take your time, devs! I’ve been slacking.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Cpt_Cool said:

Those who are already sharpening their pitchforks for midnight September 30 need to chill tf out.

It's been like this all day in the DCS community too since the F-16 was listed as releasing today on Steam..

4 minutes ago, Manstein16 said:

I was all eager for the release of the P-38 and P-51 until I remembered that I still need to learn how to fly the P-40, P-39, and P-47. So take your time, devs! I’ve been slacking.

The most true statement ever made on this forum. 

• Upvote 4

I doubt that they will find the time to deliver us a DD, while they are preparing the release candidate. 

And most things have already been shown to us concerning the upcoming update IIRC (The map and the 4 aircrafts and the extended render distance ) 

I'm super curious to see, what Ugra Media has done to create the Arras map though. 

Edited by Blooddawn1942
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, [_FLAPS_]Diggun said:

Update Tuesday, but we'll get a real nice juice DD tomorrow to see us through the weekend.

Actually, if we got a lengthy DD tomorrow (as opposed to Jason just posting a few new screenshots, as he has done before, when an update was really close) I would take that as a sign, that the update is not coming early next week, if someone in the team has time to pen a hefty length of text for us.

• Upvote 3

Come on guys, surely you all have more important things in your respective lives to occupy you instead of worrying about the next IL-2 update, y'know like... um... well there's... hmmm... 🤔

• Haha 3

I'm away next week from Monday to Friday, so I will be OUTRAGED if the update is released while I'm away, despite the devs not having any prior knowledge of my holiday or any obligation to serve my needs specifically!

36 minutes ago, Soilworker said:

Come on guys, surely you all have more important things in your respective lives to occupy you instead of worrying about the next IL-2 update🤔

Begone heathen! Leave the devout to their enthralled vigil. The time is neigh.

• Like 1

cant wait for those concrete runways, Im tired of landing the ME262 in a long and big space of ice, lol

32 minutes ago, [DBS]Browning said:

Begone heathen! Leave the devout to their enthralled vigil. The time is neigh.

You deleted the part that makes it a joke! Now it looks like I'm being serious! 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

Just now, [DBS]Browning said:

It was necessary for my joke ;)

😝

2 hours ago, IndianJones said:

I'm away next week from Monday to Friday, so I will be OUTRAGED if the update is released while I'm away, despite the devs not having any prior knowledge of my holiday or any obligation to serve my needs specifically!

Well that's f%kd. Release Mon or Tues. Sorry to know of your coming misery. 

3 hours ago, IndianJones said:

Take it easy. I was on vacation when they released the 262. On the bright side you have something to look really forward to once you come back home.

6 minutes ago, sevenless said:

Take it easy. I was on vacation when they released the 262. On the bright side you have something to look really forward to once you come back home.

I went on vacation from the game when they released the 262. And have counted the hours for these planes to come. All I cared about was the tempest, now it is the p38 that I am most looking forward to, the appeal being the counter rotating props. It's going to be so relaxing to fly

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tasmanaut said:

the appeal being the counter rotating props.

Oh so the HS129 isn't good enough for you, is it? 

😉

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Oyster_KAI said:

I wish some surprise like AI improvment or new 4K skins!!

I think you will see some incremental AI improvement, as they do have a guy working on it now.

Here in Hungary, the local time is 18:35.
This means the update should arrive in 1,5 hour, if it arrives today.
Is there any chance...?

3 minutes ago, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

Is there any chance...?

Doubtful, there is a sale going on. To my knowledge, they have never updated during a sale. I predict october sometime.

5 minutes ago, -332FG-Hank_DG said:

Doubtful, there is a sale going on. To my knowledge, they have never updated during a sale. I predict october sometime.

giphy.gif

• Haha 4

Lol.... i know it's not what any of us want to hear, but that's the way they have done things, and I don't see why they would change that. Maybe I'm wrong, but always expect updates to be 2-3 weeks after you think they will be.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, RedKestrel said:

I think you will see some incremental AI improvement, as they do have a guy working on it now.

The question is just, when. IIRC it was Jason, who stated, that it will need quite some time to implement big improvements.

35 minutes ago, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

Is there any chance...?

Nope. Tell your alarm clock to wake you up on monday instead.

17 minutes ago, sevenless said:

Nope. Tell your alarm clock to wake you up on monday instead.

Sale is still going on monday

People really need to lay off reading "we aim for the end of September" to mean "we promise the end of the September"

Jason has said there were some issues, including the critical injury of one of his devs, which has caused an issue. 

It's going to be an October update folks, just accept it...

• Upvote 5

55 minutes ago, Yogiflight said:

The question is just, when. IIRC it was Jason, who stated, that it will need quite some time to implement big improvements.

Yes, but I have a feeling they will be taking some 'low hanging fruit' in terms of AI behaviour such as further improvements to formations, too slow of flight, dealing with terrain, listening to commands etc. Some of that basic stuff will need to be worked on or improved before we turn the AI into a ravening pack of Terminator-Hartmanns. 

I would bet we'll be seeing small improvements to AI with each big patch, and bigger improvements in a year or so. But that's just my feeling.

2 hours ago, RedKestrel said:

Yes, but I have a feeling they will be taking some 'low hanging fruit' in terms of AI behaviour such as further improvements to formations, too slow of flight, dealing with terrain, listening to commands etc. Some of that basic stuff will need to be worked on or improved before we turn the AI into a ravening pack of Terminator-Hartmanns. 

I would bet we'll be seeing small improvements to AI with each big patch, and bigger improvements in a year or so. But that's just my feeling.

To be honest, I am not sure if these are really low hanging fruits. I think there are many things influencing each other, so if they improve one behaviour, another might get worse.

But I really hope you are right, because as an career/campaign only SP player, it is this kind of stuff, that makes the immersion, not if AI flies correct manoeuvers in dogfights.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, 357th_Dog said:

People really need to lay off reading "we aim for the end of September" to mean "we promise the end of the September"

Jason has said there were some issues, including the critical injury of one of his devs, which has caused an issue. 

It's going to be an October update folks, just accept it...

we have been told every step of the way, 'end of September'. Every DD seems to indicate we are on track. There has been no mention of delay. To delay the update 'til after the sale is shady business, in my opinion