5 minutes ago, [_FLAPS_]Diggun said:

I reckon a DoB of 1984 puts me right at Elder territory. Incidentally, Elder Millenial isn't my term I shamelessly stole it from Iliza Shlesinger's Netflix comedy special. Well worth a watch, she is hilarious. And it's filmed on the hanger deck of an old aircraft carrier, so plenty of aviation history in the background, though personally Iliza a little difficult to take the eyes off... 🤭

Only as old as you feel, or rather the memes you make. I was too born in 1984 and can construct memes. The quality or "dankness" is debatable.

• Haha 2

Just now, [_FLAPS_]Diggun said:

All the best people were tbh...

1984 was a heck of a year I give you that.

While you are all waiting why not enjoy this most erudite and highly topical offering from Gilbert & Sullivan, which amazingly manages to condense the last twenty years of flight sim discussion into just three verses.  :happy:

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, RedKestrel said:

Someone in tune with the memes the kids use these days needs to make one of those tiny brain-galaxy brain images about this.
Not me, of course, I grew old before my time.

Like this?

https://imgflip.com/i/3bqb7h

• Haha 5
  • Upvote 1

I will say 1984 was a damn fine year. It was the year the Detroit Tigers started the season going 35-5. Never done before or since in the MLB. Finished the playoff and World Series going a combined 7-1 for the same win/loss percentage they'd started the season with. A great baseball team.

Now, where's my DD?

Can't tell if DD is late becuase they are busy working on the next update

or

busy releasing the next update

1 minute ago, Retrofly said:

Can't tell if DD is late becuase they are busy working on the next update

or

busy releasing the next update

My brain says the first but heart the latter. But, I think they have never released anything this late before the weekend. Anyways.....I give one wololo just in case 😀

• Haha 1

During this weekend testers will do final testing and on Monday we will receive/download the next version ;)

1984 was a good book, too.

I'm from the Baby Boomer era. Would Star Trek and Miley Cyrus count as a meme?

• Haha 6
  • Confused 1

Well they just put this out:

And I see that the developmental diary is now up too. :)

Edited by Redwo1f

DD just posted.  Looks like a Tuesday release to me.

Mapololo worked. We´ll get the Arras map also. Monday evening? Tuesday? Doesn´t matter. That´ll be a great week.

1 hour ago, Gordon200 said:

Dude! Spoiler that poop! 

• Upvote 1

This was too big a DD for the Devs to be very busy. Now I think we're looking at a mid-October release 😉

7 hours ago, Gordon200 said:

6 hours ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

Dude! Spoiler that poop! 

It amazes me what passes for talent today. For that matter, what passes for sex appeal too.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Finkeren said:

This was too big a DD for the Devs to be very busy. Now I think we're looking at a mid-October release 😉

No, it just means they are comfortable with it and letting the beta testers have one last go over the weekend before they pack it up on Monday or Tuesday.... 🤫

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, [_FLAPS_]Diggun said:

All the best people were tbh...

I agree 100%

13 hours ago, Retrofly said:

1984 was a heck of a year I give you that.

18 minutes ago, Sotka94 said:

Well, tomorrow comes the last day of September.

True that

pic.jpg

• Like 3

I hope the update comes tomorrow... the wait's been so long 😅

I know the sale will still be on, but that hasn't stopped the devs from saying the update would come in late September the last few weeks

Edited by Sotka94

6 minutes ago, Sotka94 said:

I hope the update comes tomorrow... the wait's been so long 😅

I know the sale will still be on, but that hasn't stopped the devs from saying the update would come in late September the last few weeks

We all are a bit excited about 3.201

p38-lightning-pacific-patrol-pat-speirs.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Sotka94 said:

Maybe they forgot, that the September only has 30 days:)

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, sevenless said:

True that

pic.jpg

Beauty, I need that as a wallpaper. I need that really!

17 minutes ago, Voidhunger said:

Beauty, I need that as a wallpaper. I need that really!

Yeah that is really a very nice painting. It is from Forsyths new publication. Artwork by Gareth Hector. The capture reads:

On 7 March 1945, Sqn Ldr Evan Mackie of No. 80 Sqn engaged an Fw 190D-9 in a fierce dogfight near Enschede. The latter aircraft was probably Wk-Nr. 400247 ‘Black 4’, flown by Unteroffizier Otto Salewski of 10./ JG 26. While climbing up to 8,000ft, Mackie, who was in Tempest NV700/ W2-A, had initially spotted the vapour trails of six to eight Focke-Wulfs above him at about 15,000ft. Continuing to climb through patchy cloud, he and his squadron intercepted the ‘Doras’ at around 13,000ft as they were diving down to attack other Tempests. Mackie singled out Salewski, chasing him vertically down to 3,000ft. For the next five minutes the two fighters duelled over the flat, open countryside between Plantlünne and Rheine until Mackie, aided by the arrival of two more Tempests from No. 274 Sqn, fired a one-and-a-half-second burst, with 30 degrees of deflection, from approximately 200 yards. Flames tailed back from the Focke-Wulf’s cockpit and it crashed ‘in a mushroom of smoke and flame’ north of Rheine near the village of Schüttorf. Salewski perished.

Forsyth, Robert. Tempest V vs Fw 190D-9 (Duel) (Kindle-Positionen1314-1315). Bloomsbury Publishing. Kindle-Version.

Edited by sevenless

1 minute ago, JonRedcorn said:

Well this week should be fun.

As far as BOX fans are concerned that might be under statement. 

13 minutes ago, -332FG-Hank_DG said:

Two weeks for update... I'm sure

Doubt it, the stuffs been in testing for a few weeks already.

As for the release date, for it to still be technically September 30, a release time of 4:59a/m PDT October 1, would be correct.  What you ask?, well at the International date line it would still be September 30, and I believe Midway Island is one time zone away.  

I'm still betting on an October 1 release date at what time? to be determined later.:coffee:

Edited by Taxman

If it was this week they would have said.  However in the DD it was just “very soon” which makes me think there is still much to do and it will be some time in October.  

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Feathered_IV said:

If it was this week they would have said.  However in the DD it was just “very soon” which makes me think there is still much to do and it will be some time in October.  

It better not be. I'm honestly fed up

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:

DD230 from 13. sept: "The team is very busy preparing the next update due later this month [...]"
Only thats why everybody is so impatient right now.

Edited by PicksKing

3 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:

DD 230 13.Sept - "The team is very busy preparing the next update due later this month ..."
DD 231 20.Sept - "We're in the second half of September and this means that the next update 3.201 isn't far away."
DD 232 27.Sept - "The next update 3.201 will be released really soon."

We are on a good way. This week is the week.