Hurricane is a good aircraft for BoM. Really, the first BoM collector plane, because the P-40E and the Mc 202 are both stalingrad era planes (though you can argue for the P-40E..the P-40 used over moscow was the P-40B). Yak-9 was first used in stalingrad. Yak-9T is a great aircraft for Kursk. 

1 minute ago, Voidhunger said:

Thanks, so late war Yak was Yak 3 only ?

That, and the La-7, and the Yak-9U.

8 minutes ago, Voidhunger said:

If we get yak 9 , its means that there will be no "Berlin" scenario. So plane without career? Or was yak9 present in Kuban?

For Berlin we still have Yak3/La7/P39Q and Yak9U as options left.

Wait....I went over to check the link vouching for this yak+hurricane news, and its in russian. Won't get my hopes high until I know this for certain. Is it?

The guy that posted it had that green 'I'm a dev' background. It also says rather strait forwardly that those are the planes that they are working on.

1 hour ago, 77.CountZero said:

stumbled on this:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/topic/12391-229-я-часть-дневников-разработчиков/?do=findComment&comment=718214

I am somewhat surprised that this has not yet spread throughout the forum, but Daniel at the meeting with Virpil Controls on Saturday explicitly announced the Yak-9, Yak-9T and Hurricane. Discuss it better than turning another topic on the forum into something completely unreadable and toxic.

A different question. Why a meeting with Virpil Controls? Are they working on a WWII stick? 

I saw a pic of a Virpil stick that looked like the kind you would find in a Yak. I don't know if it is new but it would make sense given this info.

Wow!  A Hurricane and two versions of the Yak 9? 

Fair enough; two important historical types for the battles of Moscow and Stalingrad.:)

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't get too far out ahead of ourselves until there is an official announcement. I'm not saying it's not happening but Daniel discussing potential AC types plus translation issues does not an announcement make. Til Han or Jason says it's so, I'll take this with a sprinkle of salt.

Oh I get it. Its not an announcement. More like a statement, but from a trustworthy source. Well then! That is like 99% the strenght of an announcement, in my book! Cool! The Hurricane was a big deal in the early phases of the fight, besides being an airplane with lots of fans (me included). A great move by the dev team.

Both are very iconic airplanes and would fit perfectly into already existing products. If it turns out to be true, I would still be a little sad that there are no Bobp planes as an addition.
Maybe there will be a statement or a correction from the official side now, after it has been discussed in the russian and our forum.

Well just because they announce this now, doesn't mean they can't say announce a 190A9 or a Spit XIV later.

• Upvote 1

I would not be surprised for the Hurricane even if it was the major player in the Battle of Britain not so sure during Bodenplatte, but was very present to defend Moscow.

The Yak 9 came after the Battle of Stalingrad period. So this model is normally out of Bos and BoM periods, but was probably present during the BoK period.

1 minute ago, IckyATLAS said:

I would not be surprised for the Hurricane even if it was the major player in the Battle of Britain not so sure during Bodenplatte, but was very present to defend Moscow.

The Yak 9 came after the Battle of Stalingrad period. So this model is normally out of Bos and BoM periods, but was probably present during the BoK period.

Yak 9 should be present at Stalingrad iirc

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Jade_Monkey said:

A different question. Why a meeting with Virpil Controls? Are they working on a WWII stick? 

Dont know i was happy suprised when i noticed that post, had to read it twice and look if it was joke as it was to good to be true, i hoped for yak9t for long time in this game

59 minutes ago, Voidhunger said:

If we get yak 9 , its means that there will be no "Berlin" scenario. So plane without career? Or was yak9 present in Kuban?

Yak9 also fit kuban, and yak9t in late 43 did some antiships so its also posible to have some sp campaign for it

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

Wow!  A Hurricane and two versions of the Yak 9? 

I think it likely just means you will have the 37mm modification available for the Yak-9 which will turn it into a 9T. DD did speak of just two new collector planes rather than three.

1 minute ago, Jonttu1 said:

I think it likely just means you will have the 37mm modification available for the Yak-9 which will turn it into a 9T. DD did speak of just two new collector planes rather than three.

I suppose that's possible, but the airframe is physically different:

Yakovlev_Yak-9_and_Yak-9T_side-view_silh

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ACG_Kai_Lae said:

Yakovlev_Yak-9_and_Yak-9T_side-view_silh

Yes, per Wikipedia, the cockpit was pushed back just a bit.

Yak-9T

Yak-9 armed with a 37 mm Nudelman-Suranov NS-37 cannon with 30 rounds instead of the 20 mm ShVAK, cockpit moved 0.4 m (1 ft 3 in) back to compensate for the heavier nose.

Edited by Jade_Monkey

Could it be a translation thing, and it is a Typhoon rather than a Hurricane?   

• Upvote 2

Doesn't mean it can't be done via a modification. You can clip the wings on a Spitfire, switch out engines on multiple aircraft and adding the 3.7 cm gunpod on the 110 G2 is a pretty drastic change in proportions and weight distribution. 

And it would just make the Yak-9 all the more enticing. I'd be hard pressed to convince myself to buy the 9T by itself with it's inferior handling characteristics just for a meme cannon.

Edited by Jonttu1

20 minutes ago, Feathered_IV said:

in russian that word is hurricane Харрикейн and Typhoon is тайфун , and then other users talk in post after developers on what hurrican it could be and with what guns

Edit: rereding last DD229 i see both Hurricane and yak-9 are name droped, maybe they were giving us hints :)

Edited by 77.CountZero

31 minutes ago, Jonttu1 said:

Doesn't mean it can't be done via a modification. You can clip the wings on a Spitfire, switch out engines on multiple aircraft and adding the 3.7 cm gunpod on the 110 G2 is a pretty drastic change in proportions and weight distribution. 

And it would just make the Yak-9 all the more enticing. I'd be hard pressed to convince myself to buy the 9T by itself with it's inferior handling characteristics just for a meme cannon.

Your meme cannon was the most produced version of the Yak-9.

Edit: Should have said highly produced, with 2700+ of them.

Edited by ACG_Kai_Lae
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, 77.CountZero said:

in russian that word is hurricane Харрикейн and Typhoon is тайфуна , and then other users talk in post after developers on what hurrican it could be and with what guns

Ah, no worries.  Wishful thinking on my part perhaps.   The Hurricane is iconic and all, but certainly not something I've never seen before. 

2 minutes ago, Feathered_IV said:

....possibly.  It's going to be a Hawker at least:biggrin:

IMG-1548.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Voidhunger said:

In late war many variants were used:

late production Yak-1Bs
Yak-3
Yak-9D
Yak-9DD
Yak-9B
Yak-9T/K
Yak-9M
Yak-9U

The D and DD were similar to the basic "Yak-9" with added wing fuel tanks for increased range, it didn't bring performance improvements afaik. The T/K have the bigger 37mm/45mm guns, the Yak-9M is rather interesting, being made from a 9T fuselage with 9D wings, 20mm gun, automatic water radiator, and from October 1944 started having the more powerful  M-105PF2 engine (same as the Yak-3 engine). The B was a specialized fighter bomber, with an internal compartment behind the cockpit for 4 x 100 Kg bombs or 128 PTAB bomblets, few were made though.

They are similar but have enough differences to make them kinda hard to portray with mods. I guess starting from an early Yak-9 base, you could model the D, DD, B, T and M variants as modifications but it would be quite some work. The D and DD would be the easier ones I suppose.

If I was in the devs position I would have chosen a Yak-9T that could be converted to a Yak-9M with modifications, having both the Kursk anti tank fighter and a later 1944 plane with the new engine and auto rads to complement the La-5FN in late war multiplayer missions against Bodenplatte German fighters.

Black Six has said that the Yak-9 service in Stalingrad is a misconception that first appeared in some of the books written about it and now it's widespread. They were in Battle of Kuban though.

4 hours ago, ACG_Kai_Lae said:

I don't think it's too much of a problem. Other plane modifications have 3D model differences such as the IL-2 1942, Dora and 110 G-2 with the gunpod, both internal and external, with the 110 G-2 and IL-2 1942 changing a good bit the flight characteristics.

4 hours ago, ACG_Kai_Lae said:

Your meme cannon was the most produced version of the Yak-9.

If this website is correct http://www.airfield.narod.ru/yak/yak-9/yak-9.html#10  both the Yak-9M (4239), Yak-9U (3921) and Yak-9D (3058) were made in higher numbers than the 9T (2748). It was still produced in quite some numbers though ^^

Hopefully the Hurricane comes with different mods like the guns the Soviets added, maybe even some to convert it to a Mk I so it can be used by the Axis side as Finnish or Romanian Hurricane :)

Edited by -=PHX=-SuperEtendard
  • Upvote 1

On 8/29/2019 at 7:09 AM, Livai said:

Hey I made our first Collector Plane, enjoy it 🤣

20190812921953_1.thumb.jpg.cec9a30cb6387a4198135d736d7431b5.jpg20190829121931_1.thumb.jpg.148e1404557717ed80309adcbcbc3fa6.jpg

2019082922023_1.thumb.jpg.c91d1e32e02a2a25911f661a88d1c962.jpg20190829122042_1.thumb.jpg.c1457944d8acad755c30c8d440f432e1.jpg

dat aerodynamic

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, -=PHX=-SuperEtendard said:

Hopefully the Hurricane comes with different mods like the guns the Soviets added, maybe even some to convert it to a Mk I so it can be used by the Axis side as Finnish Hurricane :)

Soviet rear gunner field-mod.  Sort of a Pe-2 lite.  The blue team wouldn't have a chance.  :)

IMG_2345.thumb.JPG.6f3340d55a1b89c6281727d53ce28333.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Feathered_IV said:

Soviet rear gunner field-mod.  Sort of a Pe-2 lite.  The blue team wouldn't have a chance.  :)

Oh god... My eyes... 

1 hour ago, Feathered_IV said:

(Tearful Marlon Brando) "LOOK WHAT THEY'VE DONE TO MY BOY"

Edit: I just remembered, the actual quote is "look how they massacred my boy"

Edited by danielprates
  • Haha 1

I'll be honest:

The two Yak-9? Eh, maybe the 9T will be interesting but I am a Lavochkin pilot at heart so not that easily impressed by them...

But an Hurricane IIB with a Merlin XX engine and 12 .303 guns as default with the options to mount either 2x 20mm + 2× 12.7mm or 4x 20mm, along with bombs and rockets, it's as hell tempting :rolleyes: 

On another note: I would gladly exchange one of the two Yak-9 with a late series LaGG-3 as like Blacksix admitted we are using the Series 29 as stand ins as they were not in force anymore by the Kuban career timeframe

(I would also like to exchange the other one for an early Yak-1/LaGG-3 that can fit the Moscow career but at least an Hurricane will fit there too)

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, /SF/Disarray said:

I think 9's flew over Stalingrad, towards the middle or end of the fighting there. Not sure about the 9T though.

Thought much in the way of literature says that Yak-9s were at Stalingrad I've got a lot of conflicting information about that. Supposedly production started in October 1942 at Novosibirsk and in January 1943 at Omsk (source: Osprey Aircraft of the Aces).

3 hours ago, Voidhunger said:

Though the Yak-9T was supposedly first into combat in 1943, it really shined in 1944. There was an additional modification called the Yak-9M (though I believe this designation was applied later on to reconcile various changes) which went with the Yak-9T all the way to the end of the war. The Yak-9U was the ultimate expression of the Yak-7/9 series while the Yak-3 was the ultimate expression of the Yak-1 lineage.

9M had a more powerful engine, and 2 .50 cal and 1 20mm cannon. Used the same general airframe as the 9T, was a later development. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Honestly im surprised, i thought that we will see bodenplatte collector planes. :(

Edited by Voidhunger

20 minutes ago, Voidhunger said:

Honestly im surprised, i thought that we will see bodenplatte collector planes. :(

I am not at all and thought Huricane was a good possibility (though i called an IAR 80 as well). I think they are paying final homage to eastern front because i dont think they will be back there in large scale for quite some time.

Edited by Redwo1f

Every news abaut additional Yaks is good news. I wonder where in singleplayer career they plan to integrate Yak-9 and Yak-9T. BoK and maybe Prokhorovka (which means the make that a flyable singleplayer map?)

Edited by sevenless

In my opinion Hurricane only make sense if they get it to the Pacific later in the series...

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Voidhunger said:

makes sence to add vvs as collectable if next dlc could be again not east front, so vvs only players have things to buy

2 hours ago, sevenless said:

Every news abaut additional Yaks is good news. I wonder where in singleplayer career they plan to integrate Yak-9 and Yak-9T. BoK and maybe Prokhorovka (which means the make that a flyable singleplayer map?)

Yak-9T was on northen part of area in kursk battle as far as i know, so would not fit Prokhorovka map.

Edited by 77.CountZero

1 hour ago, Apanos9 said:

In my opinion Hurricane only make sense if they get it to the Pacific later in the series...

Burma confirmed ;)