The Missions Sharing Corner

SYN_Haashashin

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/17/2019 at 1:18 PM, Zooropa_Fly said:

it won't load in 4.001b, but does in the editor. saving it from there, and then it still won't load ....

On 10/17/2019 at 10:03 AM, J3Hetzer said:

These are 'simple' Arras 1918 MP missions with a bunch of AI, some starting on their fields, some already up. Human spawns are available on all fields. There are over 30 AI planes so it 'might' require higher-end PCs to run it (suck it and see I guess).

The intent is to provide an environment where human aces can mix with AI rookies, averages and vets who don't have the skill-sets of Alpha Centaurian UFO jockeys. Lol.

I vary the times, weather and waypoints to keep things fresh in subsequent iterations. Planes will also be added/subtracted on occasion.

Dawn.

jasta3 missions Arras Dawn.zip 447.63 kB · 9 downloads

Mid day.

jasta3 missions Arras Mid Day.zip 231.48 kB · 7 downloads

Both will not load in 4.001b, but do in the editor. Saving from there won't fix them; still won't load ....

Sorry jj I'm not sure of the fix for this though I think there is one, have seen forum posts about it.

I'm sure someone in the know will be along shortly..

S!

Hi, maybe deleting the MSNBIN files is the remedy. They will be recreated to the latest level after each game run if I understood well, so they are not irreversibly lost. I faced the same issue in the past after each release and I remember that updating the MSNBIN files solved the problem then.

Cheers

Edited by Hamaha15

Some "quick" missions for Flying Circus. All missions start in the air.

-Dawn Patrol - Fokker DVIIF

-Artillery Attack - Halberstadt CLII

-Dawn Patrol - Se5a

-Barge Attack - Bristol F2b

Have fun!

Flying Circus.zip

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

• 1 month later...

I'm not really familiar with this ME and I'm looking for something simple that may already have been answered. If so can someone point me in the right direction?

Is what I'm looking for is a simple mission where I can set about 4-5 enemy aircraft and have then fly in a straight line (at maybe 5K feet) with my plane above and a little behind them. The main point that I'm looking for is a way to set the enemy aircraft so they don't just already know you are there or better yet, if they can be set to just fly straight regardless of what I do. I do this in other sims to practice diving in on enemy aircraft that are not aware you are there yet. You get going really fast and this is a way to learn the guns on a particular plane. Sure, anyone can set a quick mission with enemy but the targets seem to always know you are there as soon as you start and you can't really practice diving on unaware targets like it often is in MP. If I want to practice turn fighting and pulling leading shots then the quick mission is fine. In this mission I would like to practice diving on one enemy and knocking him down, then climb bag up, loop and do it again. I particularly wanted to practice this in a 262 because the guns hit hard, but with the high speed, small enemy often go right between the rounds. So, this is just a way to refine shooting while energy fighting. 

Thanks, 

Hello AlphaZulu,

a way to remain undetected "until further notice" is to play with the country settings. Setting the enemy planes to neutral from the start will make them ignore you first. With a Behaviour Command, triggred e.g. by a Proximity Trigger or by a Damage Report from the the first enemy plane hit, set the country to your opponent side and the enemy flight will take up the fight.

I found it tricky to use Proximity Triggers at close ranges because I've got the impression that their algorithmes are inaccurate under certain conditions.

It is possible that it doesn't work if you fly with a wingman at your side. I understood that "Neutral" means neutral to the player only but opposite to all AI.

Cheers

Edited by Hamaha15

On 12/31/2019 at 7:09 PM, AlphaZulu said:

I'm not really familiar with this ME and I'm looking for something simple that may already have been answered. If so can someone point me in the right direction?

Is what I'm looking for is a simple mission where I can set about 4-5 enemy aircraft and have then fly in a straight line (at maybe 5K feet) with my plane above and a little behind them. The main point that I'm looking for is a way to set the enemy aircraft so they don't just already know you are there or better yet, if they can be set to just fly straight regardless of what I do. I do this in other sims to practice diving in on enemy aircraft that are not aware you are there yet. You get going really fast and this is a way to learn the guns on a particular plane. Sure, anyone can set a quick mission with enemy but the targets seem to always know you are there as soon as you start and you can't really practice diving on unaware targets like it often is in MP. If I want to practice turn fighting and pulling leading shots then the quick mission is fine. In this mission I would like to practice diving on one enemy and knocking him down, then climb bag up, loop and do it again. I particularly wanted to practice this in a 262 because the guns hit hard, but with the high speed, small enemy often go right between the rounds. So, this is just a way to refine shooting while energy fighting. 

Thanks, 

If the enemy aircraft are set to fly toward a waypoint that is set as a High priority that should do the trick, they should ignore you (other than maybe gunners firing back).  Are you looking for someone to set  up that mission for you, or wondering how to do it yourself?

Edited by =[TIA]=Stoopy

10 hours ago, =[TIA]=Stoopy said:

If the enemy aircraft are set to fly toward a waypoint that is set as a High priority that should do the trick, they should ignore you (other than maybe gunners firing back).  Are you looking for someone to set  up that mission for you, or wondering how to do it yourself?

It sounds like what you suggested works, so I will give that a try. I've never created any mission in the ME, so I could try it myself however, if someone would set it up with the 4 or 5 enemy aircraft and the 1 player plane in the position I described  I'm sure I could edit it after that and I would not turn it down.

Thanks

Edited by AlphaZulu

4 hours ago, AlphaZulu said:

It sounds like what you suggested works, so I will give that a try. I've never created any mission in the ME, so I could try it myself however, if someone would set it up with the 4 or 5 enemy aircraft and the 1 player plane in the position I described  I'm sure I could edit it after that and I would not turn it down.

Thanks

Can do!

Edit: Tomorrow....

Edited by =[TIA]=Stoopy

13 hours ago, AlphaZulu said:

t sounds like what you suggested works, so I will give that a try. I've never created any mission in the ME, so I could try it myself however, if someone would set it up with the 4 or 5 enemy aircraft and the 1 player plane in the position I described  I'm sure I could edit it after that and I would not turn it down.

Thanks

@AlphaZulu here you are, go get 'em!  There are 5 B-25's acting as target drones, you can change them by editing the properties and advanced properties in the Mission Editor.  Look through the mission tree in the ME to locate all 5 targets.

AlphaZulu BomberTargets.zip

Edited by =[TIA]=Stoopy

Oh heck..... I re-read that you wanted to practice against different targets so the below Zip file includes two versions, one with a flight of bombers and another with a flight of 5 different fighters in a V formation instead of a bomber box formation (untested but should work, as I only changed the planes and formation shape).  

Also a shout-out to @Gambit21 for his description of using an extra Counter MCU as a "debounce" method for detecting the true state of a single aircraft kill in another recent thread.

AlphaZulu BomberTargets_v1.1.zip

Edited by =[TIA]=Stoopy
Credit where it's due

Since no one has asked for it but it was raining outside anyway, here is a proper version that's not done in (as) a rushed manner and works much much better.  Uses a non-repeating random generator to randomly launch 4 different target groups.  Which allows them to be activated as opposed to spawned, which in turn allows for use of formation commands so it has proper formations now, mission layout is simpler and more robust.  Aircraft kills are now registered with OnKilled events as opposed to OnAircraftDestroyed which works much much better (I should have read Gambit21's advice in the other thread more carefully).  Also uses the Lapino map just because it loads a lot quicker and it's the perfect size for the route layout.  

And with that, so ends this episode of The Anal Retentive Mission Builder. 

Me262_RandomTargetPractice_Lapino.zip

Edited by =[TIA]=Stoopy
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Operation Stoesser (Sparrowhawk) - The Luftwaffe's last paratrooper mission

Hello, please find attached a mission for those who love to fly the Ju-52. Based on the records of GenMaj. Fritz Morzik, the last Luftwaffe's Chief of Air Transport, this mission is an attempt to recreate the historic circumstances with the elements available in the Il-2 Sturmovik game. The mission comes in two versions: a short one, starting in the air half-way to the target and the full version starting at the home base. Time required for the short version is 45 minutes, for the full version 1 1/2 hour.

Operation Stoesser was designed to support the German initial attack at the beginning of the Battle of the Bulge on December 16, 1944. Paratroopers were deployed to cut the Eupen-Malmédy highway in the Ardennes forest behind enemy lines to protect the right flank of the attacking tank forces. Preparations were carried out under strict secrecy to the extent that the collecting truck columns didn't find the paratroopers' hide-outs as scheduled. The whole operation was postponed by one day. From their hide-outs in the vicinity the transports flew to the airfields at Paderborn and Bad Lippspringe where they were serviced and prepared for the mission that finally started on December 17 at 0300 hours. About 70 Ju-52 took part in the event. From the departure points to the target the planes had to fly 230 km in complete darkness. The Luftwaffe's ground organisation placed checkpoints along the path using searchlights, flares and beacons to help the transports keep their course. Cruising speed was limited to 180 km/h due to the worn state of many of the planes. Many of the aircrew made their first mission in ernest so not everything went according to plan. Two planes dropped their paratroopers too early, one over the Bonn-Hangelar airfield and the second one shortly after crossing the front-line. Eight planes were lost to US anti-aircraft fire around Aachen and two more Ju-52 fell victim to allied intruders over German territory.

While F. Morzik considers the operation as a success from the point of view of the flying units despite the losses of 14% the mission turned into a mess for the paratroopers. Sidewinds stronger than expected made jumping hazardous and more than one hundred seriously injured men were handed over to the Americans immediately for medical treatment. Many paratroopers landed far away from their target. Only about half of the planned strength of 870 troops arrived where they were supposed to. There was - fortunately - not much fighting, not least because of the whole Ardennes offensive stalling very soon. The paratroopers should block the road for ten hours until being relieved by ground forces who never showed. In fact after three days holding out in their positions the commanding officer, himself wounded and suffering from pneumonia, gave order to withdraw.

In the game two flights of 16 Ju-52 altogether represent the transport force, a ratio greater than 1:5 which is common in wargaming. The biggest deviation from the prototype are the searchlight beams at the checkpoints. In reality the beams are described as standing upright like columns which is not possible in the game. Two swivelling searchlights, however, may be a reasonable approach unlike the dome produced by four searchlights near the Bonn airfield. In the mission the dome has been replaced by a 2D cross pattern on the ground produced by four landlights. Alternative searchlights and AttackArea commands are in place although not linked nor activated so the mission file may be updated should the AttackArea become available to searchlights one day.

In the folder you'll find a TXT-file which contains an additional effect, a torch, which is used in the mission. It must be saved at the following path:

...IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data\LuaScripts\worldobjects\mapemitters\test\002.txt

This effect is borrowed from the Veteran-Missions. It appears to be no Mod because I have the Mod option switched off and the game runs well still the same.

No waypoints are in place for the player. The key-"A"-autopilot won't take you to the target. Take off and landing require aviator's craftmanship. Once course and cruising altitude have been set the horizontal autopilot "LSht+A" will work. However, both settings as well as the cruising speed require constant monitoring and adjustment.

Mission text is available in English, German and French.

Enjoy flying the Auntie Ju in a role very close to what it had been designed for: a cruising plane.

Source: F. Morzik, German Air Force Airlift Operations, University Press of the Pacific, Honolulu, 2002

Stoesser.zip

Edited by Hamaha15
clarity
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/3/2020 at 9:17 AM, =[TIA]=Stoopy said:

FYI,  setting waypoint to high will make gunners not shoot.

Medium or low is required for them to shoot but the plane might not keep a straight line.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
336th_Porkie-
12 minutes ago, 361st_Porkie- said:

trying to make some dogfight missions for out server Aces of the Ardennes by 361st yellowjackets. just found this forum will be picking you guys brains for any help i can get...watched all vapor's vids. plz bear with me and thanks ahead of time.

if anyone has any dogfight missions they are willing to let us use in meantime it would be appreciated. thanks

1 hour ago, 361st_Porkie- said:

trying to make some dogfight missions for out server Aces of the Ardennes by 361st yellowjackets. just found this forum will be picking you guys brains for any help i can get...watched all vapor's vids. plz bear with me and thanks ahead of time.

if anyone has any dogfight missions they are willing to let us use in meantime it would be appreciated. thanks

For more help, see the "Missions and Campaigns" and "Mission Editor and Multiplayer Server Guides" sections of the IL-2 Resources post.

• 1 month later...

Operation Oyster - the RAF’s daring foray deep into occupied Europe

Hello all, I hope that you and your families are all doing well in those days of disease and isolation and that we all around the globe will come back to a relatively normal life again soon with the current danger reduced to a risk our health systems can cope with.

Please find attached another historic mission recreated with the means available in the Il-2 Sturmovik game. Time required for playing the mission is 45 minutes. I spent a couple of home office hours more to write the script.

With Operation Order No 82 which became known as Operation Oyster the RAF started preparing a raid on the Philips Electronics Works at Eindhoven in the Netherlands, close to the Belgian border, some 230 miles away from the home bases in England. At that time the Philips works at Eindhoven were the largest factories of their kind in Europe with 15.000 employees in the Netherlands alone. After the occupation Philips worked under German management to supply their war machine with radio and wireless sets and electronic components such as radio valves which were of growing importance because of the rise of electronic warfare. The Philips works at Eindhoven were split into two sites, the smaller valve and lamp factory, the Emmasingel plant in the city center and the larger main factory and workshop complex, the Strijp plant a little farther to the northwest at the city border. The smaller Emmasingel plant was considered the most vital part of the works.

On Sunday, Dec 6, 1942, a total of 95 planes took part in the raid although not all of them reached their target. They arrived in three waves over the target beginning at 12:30 h. First came the Bostons, 24 of them attacked the Emmasingel plant, 12 the Strijp plant, followed two minutes later by 12 Mosquitoes on Strijp, and last arrived the Venturas, 12 dropped their incendiaries on the Emmasingel and 35 on the Strijp plants. The entire raid lasted only six minutes.

The attack was considered a success as it is estimated that both the Philips plants lost an equivalent of six months production time, a critical setback in this period. The cost for this success was high, 14 of the attacking planes didn’t return with 62 crew KIA and 3 POW. The Germans listed 8 casualties and lost a Fw 190. The dearest price, however, was paid by the Dutch. 135 civilians lost their lives and several hundreds were wounded.

In the mission, only the Bostons are considered. Nos 107 and 226 Sqns count 8 planes each instead of 12, No 88 Sqn including the player’s flight has ten planes. Such a scaling is common in wargaming and was required to avoid too much reduction in game performance. An update of the mission as well as the mirror mission, seen from the German side, may follow when the Mosquito becomes available with the BoN release. Hopefully the developers will offer the unarmed bomber version as an option at least as AI.

Assigned to No 88 Sqn, the player’s primary target is the smaller Emmasingel plant surrounded by residential areas and a hospital next to it. The game can also be won if the Strijp plant is hit. More important than what you hit, however, is what you do NOT hit: the residential blocks in the target area report their damage and if this value exceeds a limit, the game is lost. The occupied Netherlands are friendly territory, so keep collateral damage to a minimum. A hint: attack the plants in a shallow dive like the lead elements of each Squadron. This tactic will assure the required accuracy. The more ambitious ones may try to bomb from an altitude of 1000 ft (300 m) using their bomb sight as in the prototype.

In the 'Oyster-Media' download folder you'll find two additional effects, dummy bomb explosions, which must be saved at the following path:

...IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data\LuaScripts\worldobjects\mapemitters\test\...

These effects are no Mods because I have the Mod option switched off and the game runs well still the same.

Furthermore, you’ll find two JPG files to be saved here:

…IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data\graphics\...

The Tipperary-Song, performed by John Brownlee, can be freely downloaded from:

https://archive.org/details/78_its-a-long-long-way-to-tipperary_john-brownlee-the-songsmiths-harry-sosnik-jack-j_gbia0012021b

Use the version that has no ‘78_’ prefix and save it here:

…IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data\Audio\...

No waypoints are in place for the player. The A-key won't take you to the target. Once course, speed and cruising altitude have been set the horizontal autopilot ‘LSht+A’ will work. However, both settings as well as the cruising speed require constant monitoring and adjustment.

Mission text is available in English, German and French.

Enjoy

Reference: K. Rijken, P. Schepers, A. Thorning, Operation Oyster – WW II’s Forgotten Raid, Pen & Sword Books LTD, Barnsley, 2014

Oyster_image.JPG.1fc0219d51864454590ce7d7fed69eec.JPG

The initially posted downloadable mission files have been corrupted by the latest 4.501 patch release. Please find attached farther down in this thread the fix and an update including historical skins created by Taurus for the player's plane and his flight mates:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/14893-the-missions-sharing-corner/page/13/?tab=comments#comment-1003366

20200415003744_1.thumb.jpg.d3b092563ecd517f47ef3023ee9e5aa6.jpgEindhovenRecce.thumb.JPG.7de988b33f914275cfc52d33a59366d2.JPG20200414215101_1.thumb.jpg.6299766ae876c9cfa57891c1732fc1d4.jpg

20200406091313_1.thumb.jpg.0c77b9eee000f47a590edad6c0792692.jpg

Edited by Hamaha15
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 3

On 4/15/2020 at 2:17 PM, Hamaha15 said:

Operation Oyster - the RAF’s daring foray deep into occupied Europe

Hello all, I hope that you and your families are all doing well in those days of disease and isolation and that we all around the globe will come back to a relatively normal life again soon with the current danger reduced to a risk our health systems can cope with.

Please find attached another historic mission recreated with the means available in the Il-2 Sturmovik game. Time required for playing the mission is 45 minutes. I spent a couple of home office hours more to write the script.

Thanks for this detailed, historical mission! I am a fan of the A-20 so will definitely give it a try :)

May I suggest you create a JSGME compatible file? So it will be easier to install and /deinstall since you add extra media files.

EDIT: I have created one (using it my self now)

Operation_Oyster_JSGME.zip

Edited by SYN_Vander
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
69th_Mobile_BBQ

Hi guys.  Are there any solo flight ground attacker playgrounds available?  I'm lookin for level bombing practice and other targets suitable for low level attackers and fighter-bombers (both Allied and Axis).   

If anything like that exists, I'd be grateful if anybody would be willing direct me to where to find the mission.  

S!

-RS-Nolly

Hi all, this is a copy of "Operation D'archangel" which ran during sturmovikfest - available to anyone who wants to run it as an event.

MIssion details here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mE9czi4c7yrOR9YU6r1_VI0tiArb6FZ-q6j1FRztPxI/edit

and in the post above 

Some changes to the mission since it ran:

- The timing changed back from 35min waves to 30 min waves. (35 mins was too long, and made the mission a marathon)

- Bomber types were changed: B25s removed. He111-6 changed to He111-16, A20 put in instead of B25.

New wave order: Ju87/Il2, Ju88/A20, He111-16/Pe2-87

Thus the in mission breifing may not be entirely correct, and the mission details doc may also refer to the from the previous incarnations

We ran this mission on a strong server with 24 players. With 24 players we saw some unusual stuff start to happen, so i would reccomment capping at 20 players if you run it - (the trial run had a max of 20 and no issues). This was also the reason for removing the B25s and 111-6s which i think are resource hogs. Happy to help if you want to run it and have any questions :)

D'Archangel 1.05 (FINAL).zip

So do I.

when I play these kind of missions, I found my work on a campaign useless...

so much efforts for a mild results (mine)...

Edited by DN308
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
Ala13_UnopaUno_VR
On 15/4/2020 at 14:17, Hamaha15 said:

Operación Oyster : la audaz incursión de la RAF en la Europa ocupada

Hola a todos, espero que ustedes y sus familias estén bien en esos días de enfermedad y aislamiento y que en todo el mundo volvamos a una vida relativamente normal nuevamente pronto con el peligro actual reducido a un riesgo que nuestros sistemas de salud pueden poder con.

Adjunto encontrará otra misión histórica recreada con los medios disponibles en el juego Il-2 Sturmovik. El tiempo requerido para jugar la misión es de 45 minutos. Pasé un par de horas de oficina en casa más para escribir el guión.

Con la Orden de Operación No 82, conocida como Operación Oyster, la RAF comenzó a preparar una redada en Philips Electronics Works en Eindhoven en los Países Bajos, cerca de la frontera belga, a unos 230 kilómetros de las bases de Inglaterra. En ese momento, los trabajos de Philips en Eindhoven eran las fábricas más grandes de su tipo en Europa con 15,000 empleados solo en los Países Bajos. Después de la ocupación, Philips trabajó bajo la dirección alemana para suministrar a su máquina de guerra equipos de radio e inalámbricos y componentes electrónicos, como válvulas de radio, que fueron de creciente importancia debido al aumento de la guerra electrónica. losLas obras de Philips en Eindhoven se dividieron en dos sitios, la fábrica más pequeña de válvulas y lámparas, la planta Emmasingel en el centro de la ciudad y el complejo principal de fábrica y taller más grande, la planta Strijp un poco más al noroeste en la frontera de la ciudad. La planta más pequeña de Emmasingel fue considerada la parte más vital de las obras.

El domingo 6 de diciembre de 1942, un total de 95 aviones participaron en la incursión, aunque no todos alcanzaron su objetivo. Llegaron en tres olas sobre el objetivo a partir de las 12:30 h. Primero llegaron los Bostons, 24 de ellos atacaron la planta Emmasingel , 12 la planta Strijp , seguidos dos minutos más tarde por 12 Mosquitos en Strijp , y la última vez que llegaron a Venturas, 12 lanzaron sus incendiarios sobre el Emmasingel y 35 sobre las plantas Strijp . La incursión completa duró solo seis minutos.

El ataque se consideró un éxito, ya que se estima que ambas plantas de Philips perdieron un equivalente a seis meses de tiempo de producción, un revés crítico en este período. El costo de este éxito fue alto, 14 de los aviones atacantes no regresaron con 62 tripulantes KIA y 3 POW. Los alemanes registraron 8 bajas y perdieron un Fw 190. Sin embargo, el precio más caro fue pagado por los holandeses. 135 civiles perdieron la vida y varios cientos resultaron heridos.

En la misión, solo se consideran los Bostons. Los números 107 y 226 Sqns cuentan 8 aviones cada uno en lugar de 12, No 88 Sqn incluyendo el vuelo del jugador tiene diez aviones. Tal escalamiento es común en los juegos de guerra y fue necesario para evitar una reducción excesiva en el rendimiento del juego. Una actualización de la misión, así como la misión espejo, vista desde el lado alemán, puede seguir cuando el Mosquito esté disponible con el lanzamiento de BoN. Con suerte, los desarrolladores ofrecerán la versión de bombardero desarmado como opción, al menos como AI.

Asignado a No 88 Sqn, el objetivo principal del jugador es la planta Emmasingel más pequeña rodeada de áreas residenciales y un hospital al lado. El juego también se puede ganar si se golpea la planta Strijp . Sin embargo, más importante de lo que golpeas es lo que NO golpeas: los bloques residenciales en el área objetivo reportan su daño y si este valor excede un límite, el juego se pierde. Los Países Bajos ocupados son territorio amistoso, por lo tanto, mantenga el daño colateral al mínimo. Una pista: ataca a las plantas en una inmersión poco profunda como los elementos principales de cada Escuadrón. Esta táctica asegurará la precisión requerida. Los más ambiciosos pueden intentar bombardear desde una altitud de 1000 pies (300 m) utilizando su mira de bomba como en el prototipo.

En la carpeta de descarga 'Oyster-Media' encontrará dos efectos adicionales, explosiones de bombas ficticias, que deben guardarse en la siguiente ruta:

... IL-2 Sturmovik Batalla de Stalingrado \ data \ LuaScripts \ worldobjects \ mapemitters \ test \ ...

Estos efectos no son Mods porque tengo la opción Mod desactivada y el juego funciona igual.

Además, encontrará dos archivos JPG para guardar aquí:

... IL-2 Sturmovik Batalla de Stalingrado \ data \ graphics \ ...

La canción Tipperary, interpretada por John Brownlee, se puede descargar libremente de:

https://archive.org/details/78_its-a-long-long-way-to-tipperary_john-brownlee-the-songsmiths-harry-sosnik-jack-j_gbia0012021b

Use la versión que no tiene el prefijo '78_' y guárdelo aquí:

... IL-2 Sturmovik Batalla de Stalingrado \ data \ Audio \ ...

No hay puntos de ruta establecidos para el jugador. La tecla A no te llevará al objetivo. Una vez que se haya establecido el rumbo, la velocidad y la altitud de crucero, funcionará el piloto automático horizontal 'LSht + A'. Sin embargo, tanto la configuración como la velocidad de crucero requieren un monitoreo y ajuste constantes.

El texto de la misión está disponible en inglés, alemán y francés.

Disfrutar

Referencia: K. Rijken, P. Schepers, A. Thorning, Operation Oyster - Incursión olvidada de la Segunda Guerra Mundial, Pen & Sword Books LTD, Barnsley, 2014

20200415003744_1.thumb.jpg.d3b092563ecd517f47ef3023ee9e5aa6.jpgEindhovenRecce.thumb.JPG.7de988b33f914275cfc52d33a59366d2.JPG20200414215101_1.thumb.jpg.6299766ae876c9cfa57891c1732fc1d4.jpg20200406091313_1.thumb.jpg.0c77b9eee000f47a590edad6c0792692.jpg

Oyster.zip 617.28 kB · 23 descargas

Oyster-Media.zip 667.01 kB · 19 descargas

simply SPECTACULAR , we have recreation for COOP, and fly it with humans ... but this single player I repeat ... spectacular, create an INTRO for the mission that we will fly (even without date)

• 1 month later...
On 6/7/2020 at 11:23 PM, Ala13_UnopaUno_VR said:

simply SPECTACULAR , we have recreation for COOP, and fly it with humans ... but this single player I repeat ... spectacular, create an INTRO for the mission that we will fly (even without date)

I can't seem to find your COOP operation Oyster mission  @Ala13_UnopaUno_VR

Could you post a link please?

• 4 weeks later...
616Sqn_Johnny-Red

Some time ago I started researching 88 squadron with a view to making a skin pack (8 skins) for mission and campaign builders. I can confirm that 7 of the machines researched took part in Operation Oyster, but the 8th was photographed earlier in the same year (possibly in July 1942).

It's still very much a work in progress as each aircraft is being individually skinned, rather than pasting in codes on to the skin template. If anyone has any photographs, graphics or descriptions specific to 88 Squadron's Bostons (in or close to December 1942), I would be very grateful if they would share them.

JR :salute:

In the meantime, here's a WIP shot: The cammo pattern has been redrawn and recoloured, ID letters and serials matched, the wheel's colour corrected, RAF markings redrawn and recoloured, with appropriate repairs to camouflage. The alpha layer has been remade to reflect the specular properties of the paint used. It requires wear and tear specific to available photographic evidence and a whole bunch of other detail amendments; and that's one down 7 to go...

image.thumb.png.a2922c1d1630e4e67a63e0929e0c32ba.png

• Thanks 2

• 5 weeks later...

Operation Oyster – Fix and Update

Hello,

The initial mission file was corrupted after the 4.501 patch release. The fix can be downloaded from this location:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j1nnoc60of9xici/Operation_Oyster_88Sqn_update_JSGME.zip?dl=0

The apostrophe in the Tipperary song title made playing the mission and loading the file into the ME impossible. The bug was identified and fixed by members Jollyjack and JimTM. Thank you very much for your committed support.

To add new value to the fix the player’s plane and his closest squadron mates carry now colours and markings of No 88 Sqn RAF. The skins have been created by member Taurus who gave his generous permission to use them with the mission. The full set of accurate A20B skins in RAF colours by Taurus can be downloaded from his post in the skins thread:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/35456-a-20b-skins/page/4/?tab=comments#comment-990601

Enjoy

2020_9_24__15_51_38.thumb.jpg.349ffb4026285fef0616ad8ccfe8bb14.jpg

Edited by Hamaha15
  • Upvote 4

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/14/2021 at 1:56 PM, jollyjack said:

Curious of what others  have done with the Novosokolniki map, i found some still alive Jupp missions (dropbox) from game version 1.101 me thinks, 2015.

Any tricks to get them alive again in 4.506?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eby521ye5cgmk6d/Novosokolniki%20vs%20Ramenie.zip?dl=0

Did you try using the ME and "Resave All Missions In Folder", navigating to where you placed the missions and while it's resaving  finish building that experimental kit plane in your garage?  😉

jollyjack

yep, resave won't work, but what did you mean by experimental kit plane? my son in law seems to use his drone controller for MS Flightsim,

dunno of that works in IL2. The only serious kit plane i ever built as 15 year old, was a 70 cm wide piper cub, which was destroyed by a burglar.

21 minutes ago, jollyjack said:

...what did you mean by experimental kit plane?

My poor attempt at humour.  That's why I never became a stand up comedian.  Every time I stood up the audience made me sit down.

Some things (quite a few actually as I understand it) have changed in the ME.  I wonder if he used MCU's that have been changed/modified/removed/replaced? 

• 3 months later...
Hamaha15

Hello,

browsing around in the forum I came across this older thread and I'd like to pass on some late information that may have not come to your attention yet...

@BigC208, I have designed and shared a mission representing Operation Oyster. You'll find it in the following thread. It involves the A20 only. An update with the Mosquito shall follow although I'm afraid that we won't get the unarmed bomber version as used in the prototype mission. Again, compromises will be necessary.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/14893-the-missions-sharing-corner/page/13/?tab=comments#comment-1003366

@wollie12& @Props, the Frankfurt Rhein/Main airport is at its right location and has the right shape - as per 1942. It's modelled in the sim truly after the sketches made by the USAAF early in the war. What looks like the short southern runway in the sim were in reality the foundations of a large airship shed that was broken down in May 1940 just prior to the French campaign. The aerial picture of 1945 above has been made most probably after Rhein/Mai airport had its management changed: the runway and dispersal area look pretty much like the USAAF pattern.

Hanau - and other places of the Rhein-Main area - are in the pipeline to be shared, however, I can't make any promises as to when that will happen. Visit Aschaffenburg first. 😀

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/14803-the-groups-sharing-corner/page/9/?tab=comments#comment-945577

Cheers

Hanau City

Hanau_City_distant.thumb.JPG.4812b7edc9d4fcc92de75a9f799ae6b8.JPG

Frankfurt Rhein/Main approx in 1944

20200524180219_1.thumb.jpg.cf47bf16dc9d50aae750a1592a223834.jpg

Frankfurt city seen from the West

Frankfurt-Rebstock.thumb.JPG.e518ee41d988f59cf5721d214b618b9f.JPG

Edited by Hamaha15
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Excellent news Hamaha15! I know Hanau is very close to the edge of the map and probably of no great interest for many here, it still has a special place in my world as I was stationed there for almost 5 years in the mid-'80s as a combat engineer and got to know it's history and the entire area very well. Of course this is why I noticed it was missing;-). The devs and mapmakers never cease to amaze me.

• 1 month later...